HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
That's one of the weirder things you've said (and I usually agree with your posts).

Nobody said he can't improve, but as it stands... he's not very impressive, and I sure hope Rychel has a plan.
Missed it where we have this super All Star team in front of him...

Old
02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
LOL Dekort is not the answer I don't care what his age is, there has only been one game where I was happy the spits drafted his and that was against the storm... I mean the kid looks scared in the net at least that's my impression of him... And unless he drastically improves he cannot be the guy next year.
I guess the Erie Otters should dump Dansk the highly drafted goalie by the NHL

and the Blue Jackets because he allowed 6 goals in 15 minutes in their 13-3 loss

to Sarnia tonite

Sometimes goalies get too much blame for a lopsided score

Every single player for Windsor dressed was a minus tonite in the 9-1 blowout

to Plymouth

Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Missed it where we have this super All Star team in front of him...
Missed it last night when it took 6+ goals to win. 4 goals on 20 shots.

Such a weak statement.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post

Such a weak statement.
You want to cherry pick one game... and you say my statement was weak?

How many 17yo goalies are making an impact this year (or any year)? Less than a handful I'd say.

The reason why Windsor never seems to develop goalies is because fans are way to impatient and want their 16 and 17yo goalies to be the greatest. This team is NOT making the playoffs... let the young goalie find his feet.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
You want to cherry pick one game... and you say my statement was weak?

How many 17yo goalies are making an impact this year (or any year)? Less than a handful I'd say.

The reason why Windsor never seems to develop goalies is because fans are way to impatient and want their 16 and 17yo goalies to be the greatest. This team is NOT making the playoffs... let the young goalie find his feet.
I'm not cherry picking anything.
I said he was horrible last night -- and he was.

He's had a couple of good games. I'm all for him starting the remaining games since they aren't making the playoffs. But I'll still call it like I see it.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Hawks3

Plymouth is looking pretty good I wouldnt be a bit suprised if they win it all. Almost looked like men playing boys tonight in loss.
The Whalers announcer sounds like an idiot he is the only thing wrong with that team. He sounds absolutley stupid the way he carrys they should stuff that microphone up where the sun don't shine. Makes me appreciate the professionalism of our announcer big time.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:31 PM
RayzorIsDull

Went to the game tonight and in a word it was ugly. Spits are depleted but out of the guys that were missing only Sieloff and Koekkoekk are worth their salt and would have made a difference. They all but laid down for the Whalers again I believe this is 11 or 12 straight losses against Plymouth and that's Riolo type hockey. Time for some players to have some pride especially for the ones that want to return next year. With that being said not surprised by the play of Plymouth I thought they were a contender at the beginning of the year and they are putting it together at the right time. Trocheck wasn't even that great but Rakell and Payne did all the damage. That team 200 kms down the 401 better watch out because that Whaler team is a heavy contender and if they don't pay attention they may have a repeat of 06-07.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:09 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Did you see the four goals he allowed?

1st one was weak...probably should have had it.

One of the remaining was a total lack of communication on the D. Puck behind the net, he was looking one way, forward creeped in opposite side and took the pass, put it home. No chance for DeKort.

One was a puck that went over his head, he lost sight, and it bounced in. No communication from the D.

DeKort has done nothing this year to deserve criticism. He's sat on the bench for most of the year, put up some pretty good numbers for a rookie, and now he's getting a chance, with a depleted defence, to play. I'm pretty confident with him in net right now. If you're not, well, that's your issue, not his.

Quote:
He's had a couple of good games. I'm all for him starting the remaining games since they aren't making the playoffs. But I'll still call it like I see it.
If you're calling it like you see it, pay more attention. He was hung out to dry on Thurs night.

BTW..."couple of good games"?

2 goals on 37 shots in Mississauga
3 goals on 37 shots v. Niagara
4 goals on 39 shots in Brampton
2 goals on 22 shots (40 min work) in OS
5 goals on 48 shots in Kitchener
1 goal on 24 shots in OS
4 goals on 37 shots against Kingston
2 goals on 40 shots in Sarnia
1 goal on 11 shots (relief) in London
2 goals on 22 shots v. Ptbo
1 goal on 47 shots in Guelph
3 goals on 34 shots v. Saginaw

But, please, don't let facts get in the way...

Old
02-23-2013, 06:44 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Whether the Fowler thing was cooked or not ,that was not my point,it was that Windsor won a mem cup without using and dealing a 1st rder to win
unlike the 2nd year when Brassard was dealt to Belleville to get Grubauer and Cantin
It was cooked all the way...heck most on the Noof I recall said Fowler will end up in Windsor...wait for it. But my point should be clearer 11. Those 2 Mem teams where very good and absolutely loaded with high end guys. To get that type of skill and depth you need either a lot of luck , bad GM,s or both and Rychel found himself a bunch of blockheads who kept handing deals to him. That in itself has now raised the expectation level in Windsor sky high that WR and Boogie can just replecate all those deals and players. The landscape across the OHL has changed rapidly now and getting anything from teams now costs a small fortune. For Hunter just to land Zadorov & Maatta it took a ton of assets and that is why that big tear down turned their fortunes. The Hunter's have changed and surprised I don't hear more about this from media folks. The instant power house teams are not around anymore and especially with OHL watching every little odd move that seems to good to be true. But oh man did they make a big mistake with Kass & Ellis and that same move looks to be repeated this year. Marty's pride got in the way again and he wouldn't take 2 picks, 1 prospect for each player........he wanted even more and thought his build is going alright anyway. But this will come back to haunt him too, the talent he landed it middle of the pack vanilla that will not win him anything. he will have to draft and wait 2 years and maybe his rink is open then.
I wonder if this Mem Cup bid has altered how WR would of dealt this year. I still don't see a plan in Windsor that doesn't look like it was thrown together on the fly. Say what you want about Hunter's but you have to applaud them for that roster...it's nothing spectacular but they drafted it all and have been very patient with the Tierney's, Anderson's and Rupes.
I was talking with a friend the other day about trade deadline and Windsor and did Mem Cup alter their plan. He thought Koko should of been auctioned off since he isn't here next year anyway. His arrival from KHL prolly messed any trade talks up but I imagine there would of been suitors.
What Warren does going into draft will be interesting.....and that import is not much more than a spin of the wheel and hope you luck out.

Keep the faith 11 and OHLTG

Old
02-23-2013, 10:56 AM
RayzorIsDull

SimonKnightsman the official London Knight troll of hf boards. Which London fan put you up to this? Was it aresknights or phylerphanatic? I like how you tout guys like Tierney and Anderson who are nothing but bit players, 170 games in Tierney's career and he hasn't even hit 100 points .

I love how you talk about the Hunter's and how good they are in the import draft and don't use the same thought process. The one thing you have going for you though is regardless of what you say OHLTG will still have London fans and is down to have wings and beer any time.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:12 AM
hockeylegend11

Spits are 9-10-0-1 since the trade deadline,they have 66 man games missed due to
injury in this stretch and 14 man games missed due to suspension,including 8 games in
which 2 of the teams best D-men Koekkoek and Seiloff did not play
As well the Spits have played 8 home games and 12 road games in this segment,interestingly during the 1st half of year they were very good at home and terrible
on the road,for the most the reverse has occurred,last 12 road games spits are 5-6-0-1
and 4-4 at home

Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Spits are 9-10-0-1 since the trade deadline,they have 66 man games missed due to
injury in this stretch and 14 man games missed due to suspension,including 8 games in
which 2 of the teams best D-men Koekkoek and Seiloff did not play
As well the Spits have played 8 home games and 12 road games in this segment,interestingly during the 1st half of year they were very good at home and terrible
on the road,for the most the reverse has occurred,last 12 road games spits are 5-6-0-1
and 4-4 at home
That's average hockey which is sadly what they played most of the year. As I said before as much blame Windsor gets for not making it. The Spirit deserve more credit, over the past 7 weeks they have won over 70% of their hockey games maybe 75% and they earned their playoff spot. Heck even last night they beat Kitchener 6-3 and 5 of the goals were scored by Shaw x2, Sadowy, Trafford and Glass. Ross, Locke, Lodge, Moutrey combined for 2 points. Give all the credit to Saginaw for how they have played.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
hockeyboy4

for who ever was talking about ho-sang and mcdavid looking like they were going to fight there good friends. they played together and after the game ho-sang posted a picture of it so they were just having some fun

Old
02-23-2013, 11:30 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's average hockey which is sadly what they played most of the year. As I said before as much blame Windsor gets for not making it. The Spirit deserve more credit, over the past 7 weeks they have won over 70% of their hockey games maybe 75% and they earned their playoff spot. Heck even last night they beat Kitchener 6-3 and 5 of the goals were scored by Shaw x2, Sadowy, Trafford and Glass. Ross, Locke, Lodge, Moutrey combined for 2 points. Give all the credit to Saginaw for how they have played.
Average hockey with 2 of the best D guys out is understandable,and more bad luck

then anything

The other injuries and suspensions just added to the misfortune

When they had a full roster they were very competetive

Kudos to Saginaw for getting it together after a poor 1st half,they were fortunate

not to endure what Windsor has had to endure the last 6 weeks

However full credit to where they are at

Saggy is a nice looking young team,although losing Ross and maybe Locke next yr

takes a big bite next yr,they are definitely o the rise,they get London hope Knights

take them lightly in the 1st rd

Old
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
hockeylegend11

After last nights loss at Plymouth,Spits are 0-5 against the whale and 0-3 against

Owen Sd,although it should be noted all games results occurred without the Spits new

complete roster after the trade deadline

The Spits record against the rest of league in the other 51 games is 23-21-1-6

Hard to believe the Spits are 4-1 against the Hounds this season,while the Hounds are

5-0 vs Plymouth

Old
02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
The one thing you have going for you though is regardless of what you say OHLTG will still have London fans and is down to have wings and beer any time.
I see my name...but am not following?

Quote:
for who ever was talking about ho-sang and mcdavid looking like they were going to fight there good friends. they played together and after the game ho-sang posted a picture of it so they were just having some fun
That was me and, from my view, they looked like they might. I know they're friends, but that doesn't mean friends don't drop 'em on the ice

Old
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I see my name...but am not following?

Well I am not surprised. You're the first one to jump on Windsor fans for being bandwagon fans and not a true fan because they won't go but you won't say a peep when Simon, Ares or Phyler crap on the team you cheer for. You have no problem sniping at your own but will never stand up for a team when guys like that come here to talk crap. Grow some OHLTG.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
aresknights

Quote:
SimonKnightsman the official London Knight troll of hf boards. Which London fan put you up to this? Was it aresknights or phylerphanatic? I like how you tout guys like Tierney and Anderson who are nothing but bit players, 170 games in Tierney's career and he hasn't even hit 100 points .

I love how you talk about the Hunter's and how good they are in the import draft and don't use the same thought process. The one thing you have going for you though is regardless of what you say OHLTG will still have London fans and is down to have wings and beer any time.
Wow for someone who usually makes sense I'm having a hard time following this. Where were we touting those 2? Reread his post and ill help out if your having trouble-nothing spectacular is what he said- They are good OHLers and probably top 5 Fs on your squad. Which you cut up more than any knights troll or better yet all trolls combined.
Don't know Simon and definitely didn't put him up to anything. I often am in disagreement with his posts. Again if ya paid attention instead of getting allKnights fan are trolls and if you converse with them you got no balls, blah blah blah" you'd get that lol
You can rake the Spits over n over but if someone else does they are trolls? And no ones been as negative as you.
For myself I fell I'm usually pretty fair and non troll like unless providing examples to counter someone else's point. Unlike yourself who seems the need to name call and IMO try to stir sh&t up. Whatever.
As I write I'm not sure why I'm even Bothering......

Old
02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Wow for someone who usually makes sense I'm having a hard time following this. Where were we touting those 2? Reread his post and ill help out if your having trouble-nothing spectacular is what he said- They are good OHLers and probably top 5 Fs on your squad. Which you cut up more than any knights troll or better yet all trolls combined.
Don't know Simon and definitely didn't put him up to anything. I often am in disagreement with his posts. Again if ya paid attention instead of getting allKnights fan are trolls and if you converse with them you got no balls, blah blah blah" you'd get that lol
You can rake the Spits over n over but if someone else does they are trolls? And no ones been as negative as you.
For myself I fell I'm usually pretty fair and non troll like unless providing examples to counter someone else's point. Unlike yourself who seems the need to name call and IMO try to stir sh&t up. Whatever.
As I write I'm not sure why I'm even Bothering......
I don't think Anderson is a top 5 forward on a healthy Spitfire team. I would take Aleardi, Khokhlachev, Vail(he shouldn't be playing D), Ho-Sang, Giftopolous all ahead of Anderson. I don't even think Anderson is much better than Ben Johnson.

We will see how good Anderson and Tierney are when the lights shine brightest in the playoffs. They didn't have to do anything last year because Knight, Namestnikov, Watson, McKegg, Griffith around to do the heavy lifting. Can Broadhurst produce in the playoffs can Tierney and Anderson do anything?

I am critical of my own team because I want them to do well. I don't visit the Erie board talking about how bad Bassin is and how bad the Otters are. I guess you fail to see how it is different when a rival talks about how bad the team is you root for. Would have loved to have this board around when the Knights won 3 hockey games I doubt many people would be crowing about them.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:43 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Well I am not surprised. You're the first one to jump on Windsor fans for being bandwagon fans and not a true fan because they won't go but you won't say a peep when Simon, Ares or Phyler crap on the team you cheer for. You have no problem sniping at your own but will never stand up for a team when guys like that come here to talk crap. Grow some OHLTG.
Hahaha, here's the thing...I KNOW Phyler, personally. He's a buddy of mine. His talking trash is the same as when I rip on the Knights. We could talk trash all day, then go out and have a beer because, well, we're buddies. Nothing is personal. I don't know Simon and Ares (at least I don't believe so), so I wouldn't necessarily have a beer with them. I know it's hard to believe, but not all trash talk is intended to be personal and taken seriously. It's part of the sport. If it upsets you that I can trash talk with London fans, then go out and have a beer and wings with them after the game, that's your issue, not ours. I've known some of these guys (I can name 6-8 of them) for years. Welcome to the nature of hockey...people trash talk, then socialize after. I'm guessing you've never heard of guys who beat the snot out of each other on the ice, then grab a beer after the game?

Quote:
It was cooked all the way...heck most on the Noof I recall said Fowler will end up in Windsor..
From all I heard during the draft day, it was a surprised that Fowler was able to come to Windsor.

Quote:
But oh man did they make a big mistake with Kass & Ellis and that same move looks to be repeated this year.
I think that if Ellis wanted to stay here, he earned that right. Kass I'm 50/50 on. This year, it struck me as a situation where the team was damned either way. If they go for it, in 8th spot, they could be screwed (like they are), but if they sell off, they alienate fans after telling them this was going to be a great year. They're screwed there, too. What's the best solution? Go for it and deal with whatever happens later.

As for Koko - it sounded like one of those situations where he could have dealt Koko, but that'd have set a massive domino situation into effect. He'd have had to rebuild, no questions about it. Easier to keep him and try then to deal him and deal with the fans on his case. Frankly, I was alright either way.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:54 PM
aresknights

You'd take Gift and I'd take Anderson. No biggie. ESP moving forward as he's already on NHL radar being drafted and all. Ive see. Anderson live at least 60-70 games and on tv a bunch more. Good sample size, I think. Hes got areas to work on but gets better every month hes on the ice. Not bad for a FA-Good eye Mark

Youve been over to the knights board at times and have given ur 2 cents.
Pot meet kettle?
So by u ripping your own team on a message board ull help them to do well- not following ur logic, I get the need to vent and be honest and or critical but how does it help win?
As far the 3'win, season. Ya they werent good at all. But at the time they werent the most hated franchise In The O as it was pre Hunter. So im not sure how much venom woulda been spewed. They deserved to be criticized. Sorry you missed the opportunity

As far as vsiting other boards, whatever. I usually act respectfully unless challenging something put out by HL, urself or someone else. If i have gone there to troll, and its pointed out id apologize, as its not my intent. I am first and formost a hockey fan! Knights after that. I don't come to your board to stir up **** or be negative. Often Ive wanted to agree with your posts thru this year but didnt as I didn t want it to come across as Spits bashing.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Section103

Quote:
Did you see the four goals he allowed?

1st one was weak...probably should have had it.

One of the remaining was a total lack of communication on the D. Puck behind the net, he was looking one way, forward creeped in opposite side and took the pass, put it home. No chance for DeKort.

One was a puck that went over his head, he lost sight, and it bounced in. No communication from the D.

DeKort has done nothing this year to deserve criticism. He's sat on the bench for most of the year, put up some pretty good numbers for a rookie, and now he's getting a chance, with a depleted defence, to play. I'm pretty confident with him in net right now. If you're not, well, that's your issue, not his.

If you're calling it like you see it, pay more attention. He was hung out to dry on Thurs night.

BTW..."couple of good games"?

2 goals on 37 shots in Mississauga
3 goals on 37 shots v. Niagara
4 goals on 39 shots in Brampton
2 goals on 22 shots (40 min work) in OS
5 goals on 48 shots in Kitchener
1 goal on 24 shots in OS
4 goals on 37 shots against Kingston
2 goals on 40 shots in Sarnia
1 goal on 11 shots (relief) in London
2 goals on 22 shots v. Ptbo
1 goal on 47 shots in Guelph
3 goals on 34 shots v. Saginaw

But, please, don't let facts get in the way...
Aren't you the one who doesn't rely on stats? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry if I rustled your jimmies.

As a fan, and not an armchair GM, I simply stated my opinion. And my opinion is DeKort is not going to carry this team next season. I really hope I'm wrong, but right now I cringe with him in net.

Sure, the team in front of him hasn't been the best and has hung him out to dry on occasion, but the same could be said for him. A good goalie gives his team a chance to win, even in bad situations.

Stats aside, he does not look comfortable in net. His rebound control is bad. His positioning is questionable. Maybe the communication problems you mention are on him? Normally I'm ice level, but with my wife's recent surgery, I've got a chance to watch from a suite. Different perspective, and my opinion of DeKort has actually worsened.

I really hope he can pull it together, but like the Leafs, we need some veteran guidance in goal.

Just my opinion as a STH and fan.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:10 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Hahaha, here's the thing...I KNOW Phyler, personally. He's a buddy of mine. His talking trash is the same as when I rip on the Knights. We could talk trash all day, then go out and have a beer because, well, we're buddies. Nothing is personal. I don't know Simon and Ares (at least I don't believe so), so I wouldn't necessarily have a beer with them. I know it's hard to believe, but not all trash talk is intended to be personal and taken seriously. It's part of the sport. If it upsets you that I can trash talk with London fans, then go out and have a beer and wings with them after the game, that's your issue, not ours. I've known some of these guys (I can name 6-8 of them) for years. Welcome to the nature of hockey...people trash talk, then socialize after. I'm guessing you've never heard of guys who beat the snot out of each other on the ice, then grab a beer after the game?
I have heard about that but they also have a common bond like being friends for a long time growing up etc.. You don't get the point though you take great offence to what I have said about the Spits but when others do it you don't blink an eye. I like your last question though, still the same ole guy thinking he's better than others and asking rhetorical questions to make the other sound dumb. Don't change OHLTG, never change unless you actually want to have a discussion in the future.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
You don't get the point though you take great offence to what I have said about the Spits but when others do it you don't blink an eye.
Maybe that's because you're a Spits fan, who's ripping his own team, and I know they're not being serious?!?!

The last question wasn't rhetorical. People are allowed to be enemies on or off the ice, yet forget about it when the game is done. I've known Phlyer, and many other Knights fans, for almost a decade. We'll trash talk til the sun comes up, but we know it's all in fun. You, on the other hand, trash the Spits and are quite serious about it. There's a difference.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Section103

Quote:
...that's your issue, not ours.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Closed Thread