HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey signs defenseman Dan Jancevski for AHL team

Old
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
I dont know abut the MVD thing but he was clearly our best dman in hamilton in 05' (lockout)
Yes Thanks for clearing that up for me... it could be a positive signing for us, esp. losing 2 d so close (then watching them perform very well) to the jump to the NHL... Perhaps this is our vindication

Anyhow, I like the signing, and feel Jancevski is truly a blackace signing, who could very well surprise US for a change

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I'm unsure about LD/RD, and in some cases who can play wing, but based off our signed players so far, and if Ferland is kept in Montreal as a spare foward due to waiver eligibility (does't mean Kostitsyn isn't first in line / depends who needs to be replaced)...

Grabovsky - Locke - A. Kostitsyn
Lambert - Manlow - D'Agostini
Lemieux - Chipchura - Lapierre
Stewart - Aubin - Milroy

Cote - Jancevski
Archer - Sanford
Benoit - Gleed

Danis
Halak

I don't know if Danis needs to clear waivers to be sent down, but if yes, I guess it's Halak and a free agent signing, as I strongly expect Lacassee to go play for Roy. Also, I'm not sure if Cote would clear waivers, but we already have 7 NHL D, so he'll likely be sent down.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu View Post
I'm unsure about LD/RD, and in some cases who can play wing, but based off our signed players so far, and if Ferland is kept in Montreal as a spare foward due to waiver eligibility (does't mean Kostitsyn isn't first in line / depends who needs to be replaced)...

Grabovsky - Locke - A. Kostitsyn
Lambert - Manlow - D'Agostini
Lemieux - Chipchura - Lapierre
Stewart - Aubin - Milroy

Cote - Jancevski
Archer - Sanford
Benoit - Gleed

Danis
Halak

I don't know if Danis needs to clear waivers to be sent down, but if yes, I guess it's Halak and a free agent signing, as I strongly expect Lacassee to go play for Roy. Also, I'm not sure if Cote would clear waivers, but we already have 7 NHL D, so he'll likely be sent down.
This lineup looks much much better than last year's......And you never know, though you all know I'm not a big fan of his, how Urquhart will show in the Dogs camp, might have room for him as well......Not sure if all the AHL signings are done as well.....Some questions about the D again, but much more mobile than last year.

They should have a great season, Danis will need to be more consistent, Halak needs to show that he belongs on a longer period.

And it all depens how they are going to be used.....What's the take on Lever??? Should he remain in place, I didn't follow how he was so much.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
This lineup looks much much better than last year's......And you never know, though you all know I'm not a big fan of his, how Urquhart will show in the Dogs camp, might have room for him as well......Not sure if all the AHL signings are done as well.....Some questions about the D again, but much more mobile than last year.

They should have a great season, Danis will need to be more consistent, Halak needs to show that he belongs on a longer period.

And it all depens how they are going to be used.....What's the take on Lever??? Should he remain in place, I didn't follow how he was so much.....
Well the Dogs will carry more than 20 players, and I'm pretty sure Urquhart will make the team, possibly along with Dulac-Lemelin. Then there is still the other signing as you mentioned to beef up another position.

The team seems pretty solid. If I remember correctly, a lot of people weren't too happy with Lever last year, but I didn't follow him too closely either.

If Kostitsyn, Cote, and Danis are all sent down next year, it will certainly make the Dogs a competitive team.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:39 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Hey guys... just a question... Wasnt Jancevski the most valuable defenceman in Hamilton a few years backÉ Didnt he outplay Beauchemin, and hainsey
I could be wrong but it could be a very underrated pick up for us
Yes, at the team awards at the end of the year, he was named top defenseman for the year...beating out all Hab prospects like Hainsey, Beauchy and the others.

A big, tough good defender who will not hesitate to stick up for teammates, and will chip in every now and then on offense. What's not to like, I saw him live three times that season and a few more on TV and always liked what I saw. He is still only 25 and always thought he would be great in our organization as a great depth guy with character.

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:45 PM
KaptainKourage*

I think it's official now :
Jancevski is Boynton v2.0 !

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:46 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Did I miss something...who's Manlow?

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
Did I miss something...who's Manlow?
Another UFA signed for Hamilton by Bob. Pretty good signing by fans said saw him play before. Big veteran centre with some AHL experience, will bring leadership to our youngs

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 09:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Another UFA signed for Hamilton by Bob. Pretty good signing by fans said saw him play before. Big veteran centre with some AHL experience, will bring leadership to our youngs
Not signed by Bob, signed by the owner of Hamilton who is paying his salary, so we don't own his rights.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:50 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Wow I remember during Lockout RDS showed some Bulldogs game and the guy impresse me... calice jpu capable décrire anglais a matin...

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:13 AM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Korpikari is a LD, Cote is a LD and Sanford is a LD although I believe like Streit he has played both sides. Gleed is a RD and isn't in juniors he just finished 4 years at Cornell and has no team to play for. Will either be with Hamilton or the ECHL. No way Archer is the 7th D, and Sanford was not the best defensive defensemen, cause it's one of his weaknesses. He did however led the team in scoring for defensemen, so he was the best offensive defensemen you could say. I would go with Dan Smith or Cote as the top defensive defensemen although Cote wasn't as sharp as he's been in the past, seemed to struggle and take more chances. Actually looked sharper in the NHL when paired with Komisarek. I really liked Smith, too bad he signed with the Wings, was hoping we could have picked him up, but Dan Jan is a good pickup to bring some veteran presence cause it will be a young team.

i think Markov was saying Archer would be the 7th dman on the Habs, but i'm not positive; he also called Gleed a junior and Sanford a good defensive player, so......

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Belso

Here is a link... It's off the offical Bulldogs site..

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/inde...isplay&nid=319

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote