HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canadiens - Sat 7PM EST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
  #26
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,132
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Armstrong I hope and think
I was thinking him too. You can make an argument that he's solid on the PK but that very same PKK gave up two goals against the Islanders. Watching RDS now, they're claiming that Cole will start tomorrow night on the fourth line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Section 103 baby

Can! not! wait!
Enjoy yourself! I sat in that same section with my son last year and we had a blast.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
  #27
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I was thinking him too. You can make an argument that he's solid on the PK but that very same PKK gave up two goals against the Islanders. Watching RDS now, they're claiming that Cole will start tomorrow night on the fourth line.
About damn time. Cole has not been totally useless, but this is only when he draws penalties. He has brought NOTHING ELSE this season but drawing a few penalties. He's played in a way that's a perfect fit for the fourth line. Skate hard, cause some mayhem, kill clock and maybe draw a penalty. Until he gets his scoring touch back, he's indeed nothing more than a Jason Chimera who's lazy and can't play defense.

Madam Kadri is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:25 PM
  #28
StellerEller
Saku :D
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 351
Cole should change up his approach a bit next game. Instead of just charging the net, trying to beat the Dman on the wing, he should look to screen the goalie and get some tips, deflections, and rebounds. In this season so far, it pretty evident he's lost a step, but not his strength, he should look to go for some garbage goals to contribute. Plus, that's an element our PP should be thinking about. If we have chaos in the crease/slot, the PKers must respect that, and it'll give space for Markov/Diaz/Subban to do their thing. Might help to get our mojo back.

StellerEller is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:48 PM
  #29
HatTricK09
Registered User
 
HatTricK09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
How many icings are we going to have?

HatTricK09 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 12:06 AM
  #30
StellerEller
Saku :D
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 351
Has it been confirmed that BGally will play? Or is he only probable? Thanks.

StellerEller is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 12:08 AM
  #31
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
How many icings are we going to have?
I'll set the over-under at 15. Any takers?

Dekar is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:08 AM
  #32
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,101
vCash: 500
Patches feels bad for DD and the team he missed the open net last game. I expect him to bury any quality chance he gets tonight.

Quote:
“Davey doesn’t have a contract for next year, you always play for the team but that’s always in the back of my mind. I want to help him out as much as he’s helped me out, and if we do that we help the team out,” he said.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:59 AM
  #33
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Patches feels bad for DD and the team he missed the open net last game. I expect him to bury any quality chance he gets tonight.
It happens. We got saved quite a few time this year because of these missed open net chances. Goes both ways

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:44 AM
  #34
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,726
vCash: 500
Nash is still out so we'll lose 6-0

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 07:27 AM
  #35
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,493
vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
It happens. We got saved quite a few time this year because of these missed open net chances. Goes both ways
Doesn't look too good for Cole does it? You need 3 points tonight, or else enjoy your new avatar!

PhysicX is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 07:43 AM
  #36
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Has it been confirmed that BGally will play? Or is he only probable? Thanks.
He says he felt great with no set backs but he still needs the clearance from the docs

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:08 AM
  #37
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Asham may be out too so they may have one less banger.
I hope we don't ice the puck all game in front of our crowd. They have paid a lot of money to watch good hockey.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:43 AM
  #38
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,101
vCash: 500
IF BGally is back, I'd throw him right back to Pacioretty and DD.

Patch - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Cole/Gionta
Eller - Galchenyuk - Cole/Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Those would be mines, especially after a loss (without the loss, I would have sat out White by default).

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:47 AM
  #39
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
IF BGally is back, I'd throw him right back to Pacioretty and DD.

Patch - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Cole/Gionta
Eller - Galchenyuk - Cole/Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Those would be mines, especially after a loss (without the loss, I would have sat out White by default).
That's what they were at practice yesterday (Cole with Eller and Galchenyuk).

Tuggy is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:51 AM
  #40
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Doesn't look too good for Cole does it? You need 3 points tonight, or else enjoy your new avatar!


He can always come off with a hattrick...

Hey, at least you can say he upped his game. I shoulda bet on Pacioretty...

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:52 AM
  #41
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's what they were at practice yesterday (Cole with Eller and Galchenyuk).
Thanks. I didn't see the practice lines.

Awesome.

EDIT: Seems Prust missed practice for a therapy day. Wonder where slots in.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:11 AM
  #42
AllanMTL46
Registered User
 
AllanMTL46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Country: Canada
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Thanks. I didn't see the practice lines.

Awesome.

EDIT: Seems Prust missed practice for a therapy day. Wonder where slots in.
Armstrong out maybe?

AllanMTL46 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:05 AM
  #43
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 919
vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Asham may be out too so they may have one less banger.
I hope we don't ice the puck all game in front of our crowd. They have paid a lot of money to watch good hockey.
Rangers are pretty soft up front wight now with all the injuries.

I'm excited with the DD-MaxPac-Gally line!

HTTP 400 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:34 AM
  #44
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Rangers are pretty soft up front wight now with all the injuries.

I'm excited with the DD-MaxPac-Gally line!
Max Patch as a centre? we are doomed

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:48 AM
  #45
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 500
There are words that Cole may be scratched tonight... minor rumors, I guess.

Vasculio is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:50 AM
  #46
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
I,d really like to switch up the D pairings. If Gorges plays with Markov
we would have a more solid top four. Or else Gorges with Subban would
give us a solid shut-down pairing.
I kind of prefer Gorges with Markov, because Markov and Emelin are
not working out very well right now. Whereas Bouillon has looked adequate
beside Subban. At least in the short run I don't think they are a problem.
And Subban can play extra minutes in all kinds of situations.
That would leave Diaz with Emelin. And a chance to see Emelin on the left.
And hopefully a chance to see less icings.

Habaddict is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
  #47
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 4,414
vCash: 500
Cole has 2 goals and 2 assists in 17 games. Absolutely unsatisfactory for a guy who is considered a first line winger. The season is already over a third complete. His attitude during the lockout told me he has already checked out. He has lost a step as well. Recently I have seen some improvement but it is still not enough.
I cringe everytime he has the puck anywhere in the neutral zone. He had great speed and a great shot but his hockey sense is the worst on the team.
I hope he retires in the off season.

Tyson is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
  #48
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
There are words that Cole may be scratched tonight... minor rumors, I guess.
L'Antichambre was just speculating... but you never know!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
  #49
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,062
vCash: 500
Has it been confirmed that Gally is playing? I'd like to see that Patches - DD - Gally line again. They looked good when they were together so briefly.

Habs need this one because we have a pretty brutal schedule over the next few weeks. 11 of our next 15 on the road. Only 2 games this week, but starting next Saturday 6 games in 9 nights with 2 sets of back-to-back games.

We need the 2 pts.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
  #50
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Cole has 2 goals and 2 assists in 17 games. Absolutely unsatisfactory for a guy who is considered a first line winger. The season is already over a third complete. His attitude during the lockout told me he has already checked out. He has lost a step as well. Recently I have seen some improvement but it is still not enough.
I cringe everytime he has the puck anywhere in the neutral zone. He had great speed and a great shot but his hockey sense is the worst on the team.
I hope he retires in the off season.
My biggest concern is his speed. It seems to be missing this year. In the
past it was his most important tool. Every thing else worked because he could
make opponents back off, or else blow by them. And at his age I wonder if he'll
get any of it back.
But still, I did think he was more effective last game, so I still have my
fingers crossed.

Habaddict is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.