HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Suspension - 2 games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
  #301
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500


Deliberately targeted the head of a player with concussion history who is not dirty at all = 1 game suspension

Trying to throw a big body check on a guy who was running around all game and 2 handed Ales Hemsky in the head, but missing and clipping his leg = 2 game suspension

SephF is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
  #302
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500
Apparently Halls play is equivalent to these by a guy who's only purpose in the league is to injure players, both 2 game suspensions:






Another deliberate elbow to the face by a player whos known for such things, 2 game suspension


Another deliberate elbow to the head on a guy with conucssion issues by a player who has a large amount of dirty hits.


So if I've learned anything here it's that if Taylor Hall wants to level someone he's better off to just elbow them directly in the head. The more supplementary discipline you face, the easier you get off. Oh and you should target players who aren't physical or dirty at all but suffer from concussion issues but you better stay away from guys who run you repeatedly.

SephF is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
  #303
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 50
Another thing to keep in mind Seph is that those were in full seasons, not shortened ones.

2 games in this season might as well be 4.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #304
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Another thing to keep in mind Seph is that those were in full seasons, not shortened ones.

2 games in this season might as well be 4.
Yup, to be fair the Kunitz suspension was in the playoffs by still, it's mindblowing how inconsistent the discipline has been in this league. Under both Campbell and Shannahan it's a disaster.

And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say Hall got too many games, I thought 1 or 2 myself... but these deliberate headshots only get 1 or 2 is a disgrace. Also the fact that they choose to ignore plays that are very similar (Bieksa last night for example or Hartnell last year against Magnus) just doesn't make sense. Makes the NHL look bushleague and players keep getting injured because no one is afraid of actually getting disciplined... just a quick slap on the wrist or a fine and you're on your way.

SephF is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 PM
  #305
flashy
Fire Tambellini.
 
flashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Apparently Halls play is equivalent to these by a guy who's only purpose in the league is to injure players, both 2 game suspensions:




So if I've learned anything here it's that if Taylor Hall wants to level someone he's better off to just elbow them directly in the head. The more supplementary discipline you face, the easier you get off. Oh and you should target players who aren't physical or dirty at all but suffer from concussion issues but you better stay away from guys who run you repeatedly.
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jeez seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.


Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 02-22-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Mod edit.
flashy is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:37 PM
  #306
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Didn't think the play was worthy of a hearing, let alone a two gamer. And that's from a completely neutral fan. Never saw Hall actually stick his leg out, his leg was extended but that's because he was turning. Typical Shanny. Injury on the play, must be dirty.

Mgkibbles is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
  #307
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
so am I, it's a complete joke.

All the in the last week:

Justin Schultz is overrated

Taylor Hall is dirty

The Oilers suck

NHL needs to change rules because Edmonton sucks

Why do the Oilers suck?

Why does RNH suck?

Will the Oilers draft 1st overall again?



Also we can't forget :

Yakupov is classless #1

Yakupov is classless #2

Yakupov is classless #3

Yakupov is classless #4

It's an unhealthy obsession and I've been blown away by some of the comments. I just don't understand.
another one to add to your list


UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 PM
  #308
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Whenever he says something I get angry. Very angry.
What do you expect Tambellini to say? He never says much anyway, it's par for the course.
Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority. I think that 2 games is fair for what Hall did, extremely dangerous hit which could have resulted in much worse injury for both players. I expected 3 but 2 is fair. The team is going to miss him dearly in the next 2 games, it could get extremely ugly. The MacKinnon/Jones threads should be up in no time.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
  #309
Q Continuum
You are Wrong
 
Q Continuum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
What do you expect Tambellini to say? He never says much anyway, it's par for the course.
Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority. I think that 2 games is fair for what Hall did, extremely dangerous hit which could have resulted in much worse injury for both players. I expected 3 but 2 is fair. The team is going to miss him dearly in the next 2 games, it could get extremely ugly. The MacKinnon/Jones threads should be up in no time.
The best we can do is stay out of those threads.

They are made to get us in there swinging. No response and the trolls have no ammo.

Q Continuum is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  #310
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Despite my rantings so far today I am also a Hall fan. He's disappointed me though. I think my expectations were too high. I truly was expecting a messier.
What in the world are you watching? Hall has been our best forward/player all season and is at a PPG despite lacking finish. What did you expect from him? I guess if you expected a Messier (an all time great) then your expectations were ridiculous.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:13 PM
  #311
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jesus seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.
Hitting someone's thigh is suspendable?

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:14 PM
  #312
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,259
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hitting someone's thigh is suspendable?
No, an Oiler throwing a hit is suspendable.

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
  #313
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,601
vCash: 500
2 game suspension and its like Hallgate in here.

You gotta know this arguing about the suspension is going to last longer than the sentence.

If anything it gives Hall a chance to readjust, refocus, mind you he's been the best player on his line by a country mile.

Replacement is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
  #314
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jesus seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.
Oh I agree it was suspendable, not even trying to say it's too long if anything those gratuitous elbows to the head aren't getting punished hard enough.

I know they aren't similar it just shows how messed up the disciplinary committee is in this league, always has been.

SephF is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
  #315
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Didn't think the play was worthy of a hearing, let alone a two gamer. And that's from a completely neutral fan. Never saw Hall actually stick his leg out, his leg was extended but that's because he was turning. Typical Shanny. Injury on the play, must be dirty.
This is the thing that pisses me off about suspensions handed out by Shanahan. I could care less if the person is out 1 game or 10 games, if its a bad play, have a consistent standard set for the type of offense and go from there-none of this ******** about "oh the injury due to the play also affected my decision". If that's the case, you might as well suspend the offending player the duration the injured player is out. That'll legitimize the injury and less fakery involved. I'm guessing by the time Hall is off suspension, Buttercup will be back on ice targeting heads and hacking again anyway

frag2 is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
  #316
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
What in the world are you watching? Hall has been our best forward/player all season and is at a PPG despite lacking finish. What did you expect from him? I guess if you expected a Messier (an all time great) then your expectations were ridiculous.
I really don't think the stats tell the tale. I see him turn the puck over, skate into traffic, not utilize his line mates and shy away from players on the forecheck.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
  #317
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
The best we can do is stay out of those threads.

They are made to get us in there swinging. No response and the trolls have no ammo.
I stay off the main boards as a rule. Not much to see there.
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.
I thought it wasn't that bad.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.

harpoon is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:15 PM
  #318
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I stay off the main boards as a rule. Not much to see there.
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.
I thought it wasn't that bad.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.
I have no idea what possesses anybody thats an oiler fan to go on the mainboards just because and for the reasons you stated.

At best its infantile pissing matches. Where have we seen that before?

Replacement is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
  #319
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size
 
OneMoreAstronaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,509
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I have no idea what possesses anybody thats an oiler fan to go on the mainboards just because and for the reasons you stated.

At best its infantile pissing matches. Where have we seen that before?
Gagner threads?

OneMoreAstronaut is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:47 PM
  #320
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I stay off the main boards as a rule. Not much to see there.
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.
I thought it wasn't that bad.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.
I have to seriously wonder why you care so much about what other fans think. Yes, let's be like the Leafs who are perpetual losers and have been for like 2 entire generations. Or maybe Vancouver who has never even tasted victory despite drafting their core from the lottery.

Or Ottawa who had FIVE seasons drafting top 3 and whose franchise should be considered colossal historic failures 2nd only to Toronto.

Fact of the matter is we had ZERO choice. Claiming you "knew management would make us laughing stock". I would love to hear your brilliant plan to bring us out of the black hole of post-Pronger Oilers who couldn't attract a free agent if relocation depended on it.

If you're going to be sooo ashamed of the Oil once they become something to cheer for then why don't you leave now? Are you some kind of masochist or something? Do you think it's easy to put up with a team this bad for so long?

If we win a Cup I'm shoving it down every one's throat for as long as I live!

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:51 PM
  #321
Summary
Registered User
 
Summary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
I can't really say I find it deserves a suspension or not because it's hard to say when the standard for discipline has been all over the board. I will say that I'm willing to lose Hall for 2 games in another losing season to take out clutterbuck, too bad he won't miss any games against the oilers though

Summary is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:03 AM
  #322
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I have to seriously wonder why you care so much about what other fans think.
I don't. I'm not the one crying about how main board posters are so mean to us.
Quote:
Fact of the matter is we had ZERO choice.
False. There's always a choice. Katz and Tamby chose the easiest way, and if I may say so, the cheapest way.
Quote:
Claiming you "knew management would make us laughing stock". I would love to hear your brilliant plan to bring us out of the black hole of post-Pronger Oilers who couldn't attract a free agent if relocation depended on it.
I did know it, and my post history on this site will bear that out.
I think anyone with management experience and a love for hockey could have done a better job than Tamby.
Quote:
If you're going to be sooo ashamed of the Oil once they become something to cheer for then why don't you leave now?
Why don't you simmer down son. I was watching Oilers hockey when Gretzky couldn't shave and I expect I'll be here long after the "tank for ----" crowd are long gone. Besides I never said I was ashamed of the Oilers. I'm ashamed that we hired Tamby. I'm ashamed that our owner and management have dragged this franchise through the mud. But I'd never be ashamed of the jersey.

However fans of other teams (main board posters) are (rightfully) going to have a field day with the sad sack record this team has fumbled its way to over the last four seasons. That you or anyone else would expect anything different is surprising.
Quote:
Are you some kind of masochist or something? Do you think it's easy to put up with a team this bad for so long?
No. I'm not a greedy little me first raised on TV spoiled whiner either. I realize that a thirty team league is going to have some losers. I realize that hard work isn't always proportionally rewarded and I can wait for my team to win again honestly so long as I can see that every effort is being made to get better.
Quote:
If we win a Cup I'm shoving it down every one's throat for as long as I live!
No comment ....

harpoon is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 02:25 AM
  #323
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲
 
N O T O R I O U S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ╲Eminemton
Posts: 13,661
vCash: 227
Bieksa got nothing for this knee on Loui Eriksson the other night



Last edited by N O T O R I O U S: 02-23-2013 at 02:32 AM.
N O T O R I O U S is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 02:35 AM
  #324
Coldhardmitch
Registered User
 
Coldhardmitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
Bieksa got nothing for this knee on Loui Eriksson the other night

Wow that happened and didn't deserve a suspension? It's like the league just didn't watch that game

Coldhardmitch is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
  #325
Kulleroinen
Oilers!
 
Kulleroinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
Bieksa got nothing for this knee on Loui Eriksson the other night

That is totally different. He actually hit the knee.

Kulleroinen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.