HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall Suspension - 2 games

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
SephF
See you next time

vCash: 500

Deliberately targeted the head of a player with concussion history who is not dirty at all = 1 game suspension

Trying to throw a big body check on a guy who was running around all game and 2 handed Ales Hemsky in the head, but missing and clipping his leg = 2 game suspension

Old
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
SephF
See you next time

Apparently Halls play is equivalent to these by a guy who's only purpose in the league is to injure players, both 2 game suspensions:

Another deliberate elbow to the face by a player whos known for such things, 2 game suspension

Another deliberate elbow to the head on a guy with conucssion issues by a player who has a large amount of dirty hits.

So if I've learned anything here it's that if Taylor Hall wants to level someone he's better off to just elbow them directly in the head. The more supplementary discipline you face, the easier you get off. Oh and you should target players who aren't physical or dirty at all but suffer from concussion issues but you better stay away from guys who run you repeatedly.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:23 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Another thing to keep in mind Seph is that those were in full seasons, not shortened ones.

2 games in this season might as well be 4.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:34 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Another thing to keep in mind Seph is that those were in full seasons, not shortened ones.

2 games in this season might as well be 4.
Yup, to be fair the Kunitz suspension was in the playoffs by still, it's mindblowing how inconsistent the discipline has been in this league. Under both Campbell and Shannahan it's a disaster.

And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say Hall got too many games, I thought 1 or 2 myself... but these deliberate headshots only get 1 or 2 is a disgrace. Also the fact that they choose to ignore plays that are very similar (Bieksa last night for example or Hartnell last year against Magnus) just doesn't make sense. Makes the NHL look bushleague and players keep getting injured because no one is afraid of actually getting disciplined... just a quick slap on the wrist or a fine and you're on your way.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Apparently Halls play is equivalent to these by a guy who's only purpose in the league is to injure players, both 2 game suspensions:

So if I've learned anything here it's that if Taylor Hall wants to level someone he's better off to just elbow them directly in the head. The more supplementary discipline you face, the easier you get off. Oh and you should target players who aren't physical or dirty at all but suffer from concussion issues but you better stay away from guys who run you repeatedly.
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jeez seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 02-22-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Mod edit.
Old
02-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Mgkibbles

Didn't think the play was worthy of a hearing, let alone a two gamer. And that's from a completely neutral fan. Never saw Hall actually stick his leg out, his leg was extended but that's because he was turning. Typical Shanny. Injury on the play, must be dirty.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
so am I, it's a complete joke.

All the in the last week:

Justin Schultz is overrated

Taylor Hall is dirty

The Oilers suck

NHL needs to change rules because Edmonton sucks

Why do the Oilers suck?

Why does RNH suck?

Will the Oilers draft 1st overall again?

Also we can't forget :

Yakupov is classless #1

Yakupov is classless #2

Yakupov is classless #3

Yakupov is classless #4

It's an unhealthy obsession and I've been blown away by some of the comments. I just don't understand.
another one to add to your list

Old
02-22-2013, 10:03 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Whenever he says something I get angry. Very angry.
What do you expect Tambellini to say? He never says much anyway, it's par for the course.
Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority. I think that 2 games is fair for what Hall did, extremely dangerous hit which could have resulted in much worse injury for both players. I expected 3 but 2 is fair. The team is going to miss him dearly in the next 2 games, it could get extremely ugly. The MacKinnon/Jones threads should be up in no time.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
What do you expect Tambellini to say? He never says much anyway, it's par for the course.
Anyway, i guess i'm in the minority. I think that 2 games is fair for what Hall did, extremely dangerous hit which could have resulted in much worse injury for both players. I expected 3 but 2 is fair. The team is going to miss him dearly in the next 2 games, it could get extremely ugly. The MacKinnon/Jones threads should be up in no time.
The best we can do is stay out of those threads.

They are made to get us in there swinging. No response and the trolls have no ammo.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:10 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Despite my rantings so far today I am also a Hall fan. He's disappointed me though. I think my expectations were too high. I truly was expecting a messier.
What in the world are you watching? Hall has been our best forward/player all season and is at a PPG despite lacking finish. What did you expect from him? I guess if you expected a Messier (an all time great) then your expectations were ridiculous.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:13 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jesus seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.
Hitting someone's thigh is suspendable?

Old
02-22-2013, 10:14 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hitting someone's thigh is suspendable?
No, an Oiler throwing a hit is suspendable.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

2 game suspension and its like Hallgate in here.

You gotta know this arguing about the suspension is going to last longer than the sentence.

If anything it gives Hall a chance to readjust, refocus, mind you he's been the best player on his line by a country mile.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Enough.

Oh my god. It was a suspendable hit, jesus seph. Non of those hits were anything like the Hall hit so comparing them doesn't mean anything.
Oh I agree it was suspendable, not even trying to say it's too long if anything those gratuitous elbows to the head aren't getting punished hard enough.

I know they aren't similar it just shows how messed up the disciplinary committee is in this league, always has been.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:50 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Didn't think the play was worthy of a hearing, let alone a two gamer. And that's from a completely neutral fan. Never saw Hall actually stick his leg out, his leg was extended but that's because he was turning. Typical Shanny. Injury on the play, must be dirty.
This is the thing that pisses me off about suspensions handed out by Shanahan. I could care less if the person is out 1 game or 10 games, if its a bad play, have a consistent standard set for the type of offense and go from there-none of this ******** about "oh the injury due to the play also affected my decision". If that's the case, you might as well suspend the offending player the duration the injured player is out. That'll legitimize the injury and less fakery involved. I'm guessing by the time Hall is off suspension, Buttercup will be back on ice targeting heads and hacking again anyway

Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
What in the world are you watching? Hall has been our best forward/player all season and is at a PPG despite lacking finish. What did you expect from him? I guess if you expected a Messier (an all time great) then your expectations were ridiculous.
I really don't think the stats tell the tale. I see him turn the puck over, skate into traffic, not utilize his line mates and shy away from players on the forecheck.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
The best we can do is stay out of those threads.

They are made to get us in there swinging. No response and the trolls have no ammo.
I stay off the main boards as a rule. Not much to see there.
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.
I thought it wasn't that bad.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I just picked one of those threads that SephF posted above and read through it ... NHL needs to change the rules because Edmonton sucks.

I have been against losing on purpose for draft picks since day one, and one of the main reasons I was against it was that losing sewers the reputation of this franchise. I don't want Edmonton to be one of those loser franchises that always has an asterisk next to it because they sucked their way to SC. I told posters here that Tamby and Katz would lead us to laughingstock territory and sure enough that's where we are.

Lest you think fans around the NHL forget look how quickly the guy from Pittsburgh got jumped on in that thread when he decided to join the Oiler bashing party. Fans remember who built their teams through hard work and who just took the easy way. Any SC victories we may win on the backs of these lotto picks will be tainted in the eyes of many many NHL fans .

Its the price the franchise pays for hiring a goof as GM and losing on purpose for three straight years. If people can't accept that the franchise is going to be looked at negatively because of their atrocious record over the last four seasons then maybe they should just stay off the main boards.
I have no idea what possesses anybody thats an oiler fan to go on the mainboards just because and for the reasons you stated.

At best its infantile pissing matches. Where have we seen that before?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I have no idea what possesses anybody thats an oiler fan to go on the mainboards just because and for the reasons you stated.

At best its infantile pissing matches. Where have we seen that before?
Gagner threads?

Old
02-22-2013, 11:47 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post

I have to seriously wonder why you care so much about what other fans think. Yes, let's be like the Leafs who are perpetual losers and have been for like 2 entire generations. Or maybe Vancouver who has never even tasted victory despite drafting their core from the lottery.

Or Ottawa who had FIVE seasons drafting top 3 and whose franchise should be considered colossal historic failures 2nd only to Toronto.

Fact of the matter is we had ZERO choice. Claiming you "knew management would make us laughing stock". I would love to hear your brilliant plan to bring us out of the black hole of post-Pronger Oilers who couldn't attract a free agent if relocation depended on it.

If you're going to be sooo ashamed of the Oil once they become something to cheer for then why don't you leave now? Are you some kind of masochist or something? Do you think it's easy to put up with a team this bad for so long?

If we win a Cup I'm shoving it down every one's throat for as long as I live!

Old
02-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Summary

I can't really say I find it deserves a suspension or not because it's hard to say when the standard for discipline has been all over the board. I will say that I'm willing to lose Hall for 2 games in another losing season to take out clutterbuck, too bad he won't miss any games against the oilers though

Old
02-23-2013, 01:03 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I have to seriously wonder why you care so much about what other fans think.
I don't. I'm not the one crying about how main board posters are so mean to us.
Quote:
Fact of the matter is we had ZERO choice.
False. There's always a choice. Katz and Tamby chose the easiest way, and if I may say so, the cheapest way.
Quote:
Claiming you "knew management would make us laughing stock". I would love to hear your brilliant plan to bring us out of the black hole of post-Pronger Oilers who couldn't attract a free agent if relocation depended on it.
I did know it, and my post history on this site will bear that out.
I think anyone with management experience and a love for hockey could have done a better job than Tamby.
Quote:
If you're going to be sooo ashamed of the Oil once they become something to cheer for then why don't you leave now?
Why don't you simmer down son. I was watching Oilers hockey when Gretzky couldn't shave and I expect I'll be here long after the "tank for ----" crowd are long gone. Besides I never said I was ashamed of the Oilers. I'm ashamed that we hired Tamby. I'm ashamed that our owner and management have dragged this franchise through the mud. But I'd never be ashamed of the jersey.

However fans of other teams (main board posters) are (rightfully) going to have a field day with the sad sack record this team has fumbled its way to over the last four seasons. That you or anyone else would expect anything different is surprising.
Quote:
Are you some kind of masochist or something? Do you think it's easy to put up with a team this bad for so long?
No. I'm not a greedy little me first raised on TV spoiled whiner either. I realize that a thirty team league is going to have some losers. I realize that hard work isn't always proportionally rewarded and I can wait for my team to win again honestly so long as I can see that every effort is being made to get better.
Quote:
If we win a Cup I'm shoving it down every one's throat for as long as I live!
No comment ....

Old
02-23-2013, 02:25 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 227
Bieksa got nothing for this knee on Loui Eriksson the other night

Last edited by N O T O R I O U S: 02-23-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 02:35 AM
Coldhardmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post

Wow that happened and didn't deserve a suspension? It's like the league just didn't watch that game

Old
02-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post

That is totally different. He actually hit the knee.

Closed Thread