HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/22/13 "Mark Their Territory" - Panthers VS Penguins

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 09:08 PM
  #226
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,047
vCash: 500
Well, at least we know what'll happen next game. Though, we did score.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:13 PM
  #227
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Anyone else overhear Crosby and the ref talking during that Florida timeout?

REF: Make sure you leave that bribe money in my jeans, left pocket. We got Kopecky good there. You guys weren't converting so we had to call him on it.

CROSBY: Well we lost to Philly because of you guys, so thats a 10% discount.

REF: Allright, Allright, you're the boss, so that makes it $900 even then.

CROSBY: Deal! Are you coming down to Florida when we play them next week? Same deal?

REF: Oh ya I'll see ya then. Good game Boss


Nobody else heard this?
It's got nothing to do with Crosby or the Penguins.

That play was the referees' way of saying "I forgot to blow the whistle." The puck went in the net because they were late on the whistle. That doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:16 PM
  #228
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Eh, Erick is closer to a Clemmer supporter than a Clemmer basher
Yup. See me for all your clemmer bashing needs

Goaltending was solid this road trip, 2 points to show for it.

Not shabby.

adam graves is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #229
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
It's got nothing to do with Crosby or the Penguins.

That play was the referees' way of saying "I forgot to blow the whistle." The puck went in the net because they were late on the whistle. That doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.
I was more just trying to be sarcastic. The pens do get some questionable calls their way though. Kopecky played until he heard the whistle, you're told to do that in pee wee. We just didn't have enough in the tank and Markstrom held us in the game. Would have been nice to steal at least a point but onto the next one. We are playing better as of late but still some fine details to work on espcially in our own zone.

CanadianPanther is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  #230
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I was more just trying to be sarcastic. The pens do get some questionable calls their way though. Kopecky played until he heard the whistle, you're told to do that in pee wee. We just didn't have enough in the tank and Markstrom held us in the game. Would have been nice to steal at least a point but onto the next one. We are playing better as of late but still some fine details to work on espcially in our own zone.
Good post.

Markstrom named 3rd star.


Last edited by adam graves: 02-22-2013 at 09:52 PM.
adam graves is online now  
Old
02-22-2013, 09:54 PM
  #231
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Our best players suck and the #1 reason our season has been disappointing. Weiss sucks. Campbell sucks. Theo was sucky. Flash is sucky. Versteeg is hurt but when he wasn't he sucked. We need them to stop sucking and we'd be okay because our kid line is picking up a ton of slack. Too bad we've dug ourselves into a deep hole.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:16 PM
  #232
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Our best players suck and the #1 reason our season has been disappointing. Weiss sucks. Campbell sucks. Theo was sucky. Flash is sucky. Versteeg is hurt but when he wasn't he sucked. We need them to stop sucking and we'd be okay because our kid line is picking up a ton of slack. Too bad we've dug ourselves into a deep hole.
You can really tell who practiced during the lockout and who didn't. Weiss is hurt. Steeg is hurt and just when he was getting his game back,he got hurt again. I think Campbell looks lost because our D is lost. We need Markstrom in net from now on. Let him steal some games and let the confidence grow.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:30 PM
  #233
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
You can really tell who practiced during the lockout and who didn't. Weiss is hurt. Steeg is hurt and just when he was getting his game back,he got hurt again. I think Campbell looks lost because our D is lost. We need Markstrom in net from now on. Let him steal some games and let the confidence grow.
Marky was outstanding. But so was Theodore opening night and several games following. Point being, the team needs to play with confidence or it won't be long until Markstrom starts losing confidence like Theodore/Clemmenson.

nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:32 PM
  #234
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 835
I wanna see Guds get mad like when Clarkson bumped into him in the playoffs. I know he's putting down big hits but I wanna see that nasty edge he has (mostly post whistle). He should have beat up Neal when he started something.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:51 PM
  #235
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I wanna see Guds get mad like when Clarkson bumped into him in the playoffs. I know he's putting down big hits but I wanna see that nasty edge he has (mostly post whistle). He should have beat up Neal when he started something.

-ghoste
Agree but Guds probably thought we were getting a powerplay because Neal attacked him so I can respect a veteran move like that. Too bad the awful refs let Neal get away with that.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM
  #236
p9ers
Registered User
 
p9ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
It's a lost, but I'm happy the team played well.

MARKSTROM SHOWED HE'S a NHL goaloe and the team played prety well overall. No real complaitnts there! Pitts were just a more talendeted team!

p9ers is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:30 AM
  #237
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Agree but Guds probably thought we were getting a powerplay because Neal attacked him so I can respect a veteran move like that. Too bad the awful refs let Neal get away with that.
Yeah, I think he was trying to avoid getting a penalty, smart move. It shows a bit of maturity on his part which is a good thing.

JP Mick is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 03:37 AM
  #238
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Marky was outstanding. But so was Theodore opening night and several games following. Point being, the team needs to play with confidence or it won't be long until Markstrom starts losing confidence like Theodore/Clemmenson.
Yep, there is a reason Victor Fasth and Ray Emery are whupping some ass right now as "back-ups". The team in front of them is pretty damn good. It is a team game at the end of the day...

JP Mick is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 06:30 AM
  #239
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,259
vCash: 500
Did you guys this pic GR tweeted?

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 06:50 AM
  #240
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Did you guys this pic GR tweeted?
Classy Pitts fan

Panteras is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:49 AM
  #241
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Disgraceful effort by the refs.

Pens players are allowed to hack at goalies and get goals - when Panthers players do the same it's a penalty.

Penguins players are allowed to retaliate without getting a penalty if one of their star players is injured on a clean hit.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 AM
  #242
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Disgraceful effort by the refs.

Pens players are allowed to hack at goalies and get goals - when Panthers players do the same it's a penalty.

Penguins players are allowed to retaliate without getting a penalty if one of their star players is injured on a clean hit.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.
Clearly.

I know they're the TV darlings but that was so blatantly hipocritical it's inexcusable. When we suck we suck but we didn't, yet it had to be gift wrapped for Cindy etal.

adam graves is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:14 AM
  #243
IceManCat
A New Era
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Did you guys this pic GR tweeted?
In mother Russia that finger goes somewhere in the other 3 directions

IceManCat is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:48 AM
  #244
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Disgraceful effort by the refs.

Pens players are allowed to hack at goalies and get goals - when Panthers players do the same it's a penalty.

Penguins players are allowed to retaliate without getting a penalty if one of their star players is injured on a clean hit.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.
The one sided officiating against us never fails and some games are worse than others, and we all know which games they are going to be too. Its almost like the games are unwatchable because you know exactly how its going to be.

The fact that Neal didnt get a penalty on the instigating was complete ********!! Anyone else does it, its a penalty, but no, cant call anything against the *****-ass Penguins.

Its not once in a while, its pretty much every game. They call every ticky tack thing against us, but always somehow "let it go" or "miss it" when it happens against us. I always say if they are going to do that, then make it worth our while and take a real penalty. Take a big boarding penalty or give a high stick and get in someones face and knock them around and really give the officials something to call.

Nothing would please me more than to see Cindy or some other schmuck the league is in love with get boarded or laid out and then watch the league go ape **** and run around like chickens with their heads cut of because their pretty boy got touched and dont know what to do.

I am sick and tired of having our guys get cheap shots taken at them, get high sticks in the face and basically let the opponent do whatever they want against us and having it go, but when we lay a finger on someone, its an automatic penalty. I loved watching Guds give Malkin that little bump last night to send him flying into the boards. It was clean as could be, and I was absolutely shocked that they actually didnt call Guds for roughing.

We also need to become much more physical. Countless times our guys have a chance to throw the body around and nail someone in the boards when going after a puck, but instead its like there is an invisible shield protecting the other player. They just like stop right before the bodies hit and they go for the puck instead. If they will make a pass, fine, but throw the damn body around and push them around. Its almost like they have become complacent that they know a penalty will be called if they throw a hit, so they just avoid it all together. Im sick of it. Get some attitude and get physical. We have to start making teams sore after playing us and make them think twice before making a move on the ice. We hardly have any physicality on the ice and teams know it. Enough is enough of this ***** ass hockey. GET PHYSICAL AND STOP THIS DUMP AND CHASE ********!!!!

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
  #245
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
The one sided officiating against us never fails and some games are worse than others, and we all know which games they are going to be too. Its almost like the games are unwatchable because you know exactly how its going to be.

The fact that Neal didnt get a penalty on the instigating was complete ********!! Anyone else does it, its a penalty, but no, cant call anything against the *****-ass Penguins.

Its not once in a while, its pretty much every game. They call every ticky tack thing against us, but always somehow "let it go" or "miss it" when it happens against us. I always say if they are going to do that, then make it worth our while and take a real penalty. Take a big boarding penalty or give a high stick and get in someones face and knock them around and really give the officials something to call.

Nothing would please me more than to see Cindy or some other schmuck the league is in love with get boarded or laid out and then watch the league go ape **** and run around like chickens with their heads cut of because their pretty boy got touched and dont know what to do.

I am sick and tired of having our guys get cheap shots taken at them, get high sticks in the face and basically let the opponent do whatever they want against us and having it go, but when we lay a finger on someone, its an automatic penalty. I loved watching Guds give Malkin that little bump last night to send him flying into the boards. It was clean as could be, and I was absolutely shocked that they actually didnt call Guds for roughing.

We also need to become much more physical. Countless times our guys have a chance to throw the body around and nail someone in the boards when going after a puck, but instead its like there is an invisible shield protecting the other player. They just like stop right before the bodies hit and they go for the puck instead. If they will make a pass, fine, but throw the damn body around and push them around. Its almost like they have become complacent that they know a penalty will be called if they throw a hit, so they just avoid it all together. Im sick of it. Get some attitude and get physical. We have to start making teams sore after playing us and make them think twice before making a move on the ice. We hardly have any physicality on the ice and teams know it. Enough is enough of this ***** ass hockey. GET PHYSICAL AND STOP THIS DUMP AND CHASE ********!!!!

Lola is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:39 AM
  #246
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Did you guys this pic GR tweeted?
Don't drink and express your inner feelings kids, you might get caught looking like this..

AaronEkbald is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
  #247
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
after reading George Richard's blog, it really puts things into perspective how screwed we got by the refs last night. It's so ridiculous that they get to poke away at Markstrom and get a goal and we literally play until the whistle (hockey 101) and kopecky pokes away and he gets a penalty that ends up in a goal against seconds after it expired.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:42 AM
  #248
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,731
vCash: 500
B's fan here.. Who's in Net for you tomorrow?

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
  #249
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,974
vCash: 500
I thought Markstrom played very well except for the second goal against which should have never gone in. 99.9 times out of 100 he stops that. He moves so well for a guy his size. It's exciting to see him and Hubs and the flashes of elite skill we've been so desperate for over the past decade.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
  #250
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
B's fan here.. Who's in Net for you tomorrow?
The million dollar question. Smart money on Theodore, but seeing Markstrom again a close second.

adam graves is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.