HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards

Old
02-21-2013, 10:41 PM
BPD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
don't think the Rangers can trade him unless they get a #1 C back, it would be like losing a right arm
Push comes to shove, if you trade a #1C playing like a #1 AHL C and get a #2C who can actually play at the NHL level on a nightly basis, you win.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Small? The guy has sucked since the second half of last year
You mean when Richards had 22 points (7g 15a) in 17 games in March? Or when he lead the Rangers with 15 points in the post season scoring pivotal goals to advance the Rangers to the Conference Finals?

This thread has "What have you done for me lately" written all over it. To say he sucked the second half of last season is delusional.

He had 39 points in the last 41 games he played in 11-12, including the playoffs. And that's when you WANT him to perform. He was big for us March -- May and you said was bad in the second half?

He's had a rough start to this season. I get it. But outside of Lundqvist, he was the biggest reason we got to the Conference Finals.

And yes, 16 games in a spectrum of 870 games is a SMALL sample.

Fataldogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
He has not looked like a team guy this season yet, not much chemistry from him on that line I think. He tries to do too much and ends up turning over pucks but I don't think you trade him now, just let him work through it.
Hopefully he does, but if not he'll get tone of interest at trade deadline. Speaking of which when is it?

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Optimus Reim

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
Push comes to shove, if you trade a #1C playing like a #1 AHL C and get a #2C who can actually play at the NHL level on a nightly basis, you win.

Brad Richards

Grabo

Optimus Reim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Reim View Post

Brad Richards

Grabo

Eeeehhh 50/50. Maybe add a lower pick or lower end prospect

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Since I'm in a good mood we won't steal your top prospect in that trade. We'll just take Jamie Benn, fair deal? Good, see ya.

Never underestimate Sather , and I think you got Gainey in your organization. The same guy that traded McDonagh away for 1 goal Gomez . And IIRC your GM Nieuwendyk isn't the best trader... so it wouldn't be impossible
Hey he got us Lehtonen which has been massive for us.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:13 AM
MrCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
why dont the ranger do what they do. buy him out.
They can't use another compliance buyout until summer 2014. Redden counts as this summer's buyout

MrCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Stop. Please, just stop. You can't use the scoresheet here - 2/3 of his points have been phantom or nonchalantly getting a stick on a puck en route to Gaborik or Nash. It's not like he's making plays - he's getting luck assists.

He's not "producing" anything. He touches the puck and it's like his teammates don't exist. He dances around like Jeff Skinners home videos and creates a turnover or drops the puck for nobody and turns it over. He's absolutely LOST out there right now.

This isn't an overreaction. This isn't a panic move - Richards is BEYOND slumping right now. He doesn't look at all engaged in the game.
I have to agree and so does Torts. He is becoming frustrated with him. Some guys burn out faster than others. The guy is 32 years old now. He aint getting any younger.

Guys like Gaborik for example spent a lot of time on the LITR so they are 'younger' because they have played less.

I think Richards is done as a premier player. He has to get easy power play assists to pad his totals to look good now. Hes turning into a second line playmaker.

And for that salary, its a disaster.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Major want from this Toronto fan.

Grabovski+ Any prospect besides Rielly + 2014 1st (top 14 protected) for Richards.

I don't care about his contract, he is a godsend for Toronto. People really need to understand that overpaying star players is not what ruins a lineup, it's overpaying 3rd liners.

JVR-Richards-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Bozak-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-McLaren

Looks a lot like a playoff team to me.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Hey Willy what do you think we could get for Richards?

Well then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post

Grabovski+ Any prospect besides Rielly + 2014 1st (top 14 protected) for Richards
Would you do Richards for Kadri straight up?

I'd take this first offer and run like hell, but I figured while the oven is hot....

02-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Hey Willy what do you think we could get for Richards?

Well then....

Would you do Richards for Kadri straight up?

I'd take this first offer and run like hell, but I figured while the oven is hot....
Nope, Kadri is our drafted and developed player. He will be in our top 6 for a long time. I think he's worth more than that package. Besides, I think RC will be able to get the best out of Richards.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Nope, Kadri is our drafted and developed player. He will be in our top 6 for a long time. I think he's worth more than that package. Besides, I think RC will be able to get the best out of Richards.
Yeah I didn't think so. I was just curious. I'd still take the first offer though. Grabovski is probably just as overpaid but at least we might get something from the prospect and pick

But with our luck watch Brad become Brad again once he's gone

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Yeah I didn't think so. I was just curious. I'd still take the first offer though. Grabovski is probably just as overpaid but at least we might get something from the prospect and pick

It's definitely a chance Toronto has to take. I'm sure a lot of Leafs fans will take the "you signed him to that contract you live with it" approach, but I would rather get the 1C we have coveted for years than teach the Rangers a lesson about free agent signings.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
It's definitely a chance Toronto has to take. I'm sure a lot of Leafs fans will take the "you signed him to that contract you live with it" approach, but I would rather get the 1C we have coveted for years than teach the Rangers a lesson about free agent signings.
That would be futile anyway. We already did Gomez, Drury, and Redden and now we did it again. There's no teaching us anything

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

So why take the chance? He was our best player in the stretch run last season and the playoffs. He is sucking ass right now, but he will get over it.
I think he partied too much over the long break. If he shows up in the playoffs, I would forgive him for this non sense.
Edit: we can always trade him in the offseason.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
topcat986*

The contract is a killer and from reading every gdt thread on season of Ranger games. I believe a few teams would venture on Richards but return would be small. That being said fewer dollars Rangers take back they can go back to there old ways of wash and rinse and sign another coveted ufa. Nashville return of say Colin Wilson and a 3rd or 2nd rder would be ideal, from the Leafs I would say spin them Richards and Stepan for Komarov, 1st and Gardiner. The cash saved would help NYR to fill 3 desired acquisitions in ufa draft and get them in my opinion a top 12 pick in this draft.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Since I'm in a good mood we won't steal your top prospect in that trade. We'll just take Jamie Benn, fair deal? Good, see ya.

Never underestimate Sather , and I think you got Gainey in your organization. The same guy that traded McDonagh away for 1 goal Gomez . And IIRC your GM Nieuwendyk isn't the best trader... so it wouldn't be impossible
sorry Dallas fans, but I would so hard if the Stars made a deal with the Rangers for Richards...

with Gainey pulling the strings, you just know it would have to include Faksa++ or Oleksiak++ going the other way

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
from the Leafs I would say spin them Richards and Stepan for Komarov, 1st and Gardiner. The cash saved would help NYR to fill 3 desired acquisitions in ufa draft and get them in my opinion a top 12 pick in this draft.
So who becomes the Rangers' 1st line C after this?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
The contract is a killer and from reading every gdt thread on season of Ranger games. I believe a few teams would venture on Richards but return would be small. That being said fewer dollars Rangers take back they can go back to there old ways of wash and rinse and sign another coveted ufa. Nashville return of say Colin Wilson and a 3rd or 2nd rder would be ideal, from the Leafs I would say spin them Richards and Stepan for Komarov, 1st and Gardiner. The cash saved would help NYR to fill 3 desired acquisitions in ufa draft and get them in my opinion a top 12 pick in this draft.
We would happily accept that trade and turn our biggest weakness into a large strength.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
sorry Dallas fans, but I would so hard if the Stars made a deal with the Rangers for Richards...

with Gainey pulling the strings, you just know it would have to include Faksa++ or Oleksiak++ going the other way
I know this is meant as a joke, but Gainey is not the GM.

Richards returning to Dallas is almost virtually impossible. Joe made it public he had no intention of resigning Richards 2 years ago. Besides, we have a #1C already. And he's a lot cheaper.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:15 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
That would create 2 holes right down broadway for the Rangers.
Stepan is not going anywhere. Especially if richards is moved, which I doubt very much.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:04 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
That would create 2 holes right down broadway for the Rangers.
Stepan is not going anywhere. Especially if richards is moved, which I doubt very much.

The plan is not based on this season but long term. Cash Saved you add Stephen Weiss, Tyler Bozak and D Ian White and Ryan Clowe in Ufa. Face facts many players in ufa would jump at and offer to play with the Rangers. Now tell me my pitch to the leafs is bad if all these moves came to fruition?

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
The plan is not based on this season but long term. Cash Saved you add Stephen Weiss, Tyler Bozak and D Ian White and Ryan Clowe in Ufa. Face facts many players in ufa would jump at and offer to play with the Rangers. Now tell me my pitch to the leafs is bad if all these moves came to fruition?
Bernmeister? Is that you?

Rangerboy030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:

Grabovski+ Any prospect besides Rielly + 2014 1st (top 14 protected) for Richards.

I don't care about his contract, he is a godsend for Toronto. People really need to understand that overpaying star players is not what ruins a lineup, it's overpaying 3rd liners.

JVR-Richards-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Bozak-Kulemin
Orr-McClement-McLaren

Looks a lot like a playoff team to me.
Just so i'm clear.....we are talking about the same guy that rejected Toronto and opted for the "give me a retirement contract" deal with the Rangers.....right?

Yup, lets deal a bunch to bring him here as it seems he loves the Leafs.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:38 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Stop. Please, just stop. You can't use the scoresheet here - 2/3 of his points have been phantom or nonchalantly getting a stick on a puck en route to Gaborik or Nash. It's not like he's making plays - he's getting luck assists.

He's not "producing" anything. He touches the puck and it's like his teammates don't exist. He dances around like Jeff Skinners home videos and creates a turnover or drops the puck for nobody and turns it over. He's absolutely LOST out there right now.

This isn't an overreaction. This isn't a panic move - Richards is BEYOND slumping right now. He doesn't look at all engaged in the game.
I got quite a laugh from that, thank you.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote