HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Every Stick I've Ever Used

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 02:05 AM
  #51
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Sadly enough I could probably make a pretty accurate list of my teammate and old roommate's stick history.

I'm also "that guy" who notices whenever a teammate gets a new twig.
same

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:08 AM
  #52
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
This.

No wonder you've gone through so many.
Easton sticks go kaboom more than any other brand from what I've seen in my area.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
  #53
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
Easton sticks go kaboom more than any other brand from what I've seen in my area.
I've never had a problem with mine. Had one of the original yellow Synergies as well as SE16s and have been rocking an S19 for over a year now. I'm not playing competitive hockey, mind you, I use 100 flex sticks, so I couldn't say just how much of a factor those things are. I just know that high-end Eastons have yet to let me down.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
  #54
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
I've never had a problem with mine. Had one of the original yellow Synergies as well as SE16s and have been rocking an S19 for over a year now. I'm not playing competitive hockey, mind you, I use 100 flex sticks, so I couldn't say just how much of a factor those things are. I just know that high-end Eastons have yet to let me down.
You seem to be the exception in comparison to most people I know. For example, I saw two different players break their combined three s19's at the elliptical receiving passes in a span of two weeks. But hey whatever works for you is what's best.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  #55
fryer98
Registered User
 
fryer98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
I've never had a problem with mine. Had one of the original yellow Synergies as well as SE16s and have been rocking an S19 for over a year now. I'm not playing competitive hockey, mind you, I use 100 flex sticks, so I couldn't say just how much of a factor those things are. I just know that high-end Eastons have yet to let me down.
I'm with you here. I've always been happy with their durability.

fryer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
  #56
MJAYK
Registered User
 
MJAYK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Polar bear country
Country: Finland
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
You seem to be the exception in comparison to most people I know. For example, I saw two different players break their combined three s19's at the elliptical receiving passes in a span of two weeks. But hey whatever works for you is what's best.
Sounds like these guys bought the sticks from the same store, which was unfortunate to receive a faulty batch of sticks.

MJAYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
  #57
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,634
vCash: 500
Synergy SL's were widely known to be fragile sticks. That's why they beefed them up for the SE16. Not sure when they changed the blade but I think either the SE16 or EQ50 had a thicker blade with better durability.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.