HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Florida - St Louis

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
  #26
diehardbluesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
can perron play rw? thats where we would put him with huberdeau and fleischmann at lw. we could put huberdeau at rw if needed, our assistant gm said huberdeau could play any forward position, but id prefer to keep him at left. we can do a goligoski type deal, kulikov for perron + polak?
Throw in that bender Huberdeau and I'll sign on the dotted line.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:48 AM
  #27
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
can perron play rw? thats where we would put him with huberdeau and fleischmann at lw. we could put huberdeau at rw if needed, our assistant gm said huberdeau could play any forward position, but id prefer to keep him at left. we can do a goligoski type deal, kulikov for perron + polak?
I said it should be just a Weiss rental deal on the first page, but you sucked me into it by making Kulikov so available w/o giving up Shattenkirk.

Perron can and has played some RW with the Blues. In fact, last year when Arnott at C meant Steen was in his correct position at LW, Perron played some on the right side once McDonald returned.

Kulikov for Perron + Polak is imbalanced in the Panthers' favor. A deal that makes more sense is Perron + Cole + Ottawa's 2d + conditional pick/prospect for Kulikov + Weiss. That should either be a 3d round pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign in St. Louis or Lehtera if he does. Weiss would have to sign before the June 30 single-day draft or Florida would get the 3d. (Lehtera, a center and '08 pick, is and has been one of the top scorers in the KHL and wants to come over next year.)

I am a big Perron fan as my own board knows but having Petro/Kulikov/Shattenkirk as a top 3 defense group for a long time is hugely appealing, and the Blues do have Jaskin knocking at the door on LW. Suppose Weiss re-signs and McDonald leaves. Next year:

C: Backes, Weiss, Berglund
LW: Steen, Schwartz, Sobotka (Jaskin working in)
RW: Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart

Kulikov-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
XXX-Polak

Now the Blues are insulated a bit from injury to one of those three defensemen.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:06 AM
  #28
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
I'd love to see the Blues aquire Weiss, for Perron, and hope we can get Weiss signed before UFA this summer. Kulikov? Not so much. I don't want the Blues to trade Cole.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:20 AM
  #29
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
I'd love to see the Blues aquire Weiss, for Perron, and hope we can get Weiss signed before UFA this summer. Kulikov? Not so much. I don't want the Blues to trade Cole.
Weiss for Perron? Lol, no. Weiss is a pending UFA. He's a rental price. You don't spend Perron to buy a rental.

Kulikov is non-debatably better than Cole and I like Cole.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:29 AM
  #30
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Weiss for Perron? Lol, no. Weiss is a pending UFA. He's a rental price. You don't spend Perron to buy a rental.

Kulikov is non-debatably better than Cole and I like Cole.
I agree with this. I also really doubt we would be able to resign Weiss.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:10 AM
  #31
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I agree with this. I also really doubt we would be able to resign Weiss.
Then how about any deal involving Weiss be contengint to him signing a extension for Rattie and our 2nd round pick in 2013?


Last edited by JustOneB4IDie: 02-23-2013 at 06:17 AM.
JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:11 AM
  #32
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 10,138
vCash: 500
Oh boy, thats brutal.. did you really think this through?

Good player who suffered concussion, a underaverage defenseman and a good prospect for a 60 point center with a bad start to the season, one of the leagues best young defensemen and a top-prospect with extremely high upside. Wow..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:23 AM
  #33
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Man Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Nope, That's why I'm not Armstrong and You're not Tallon.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:39 AM
  #34
Thallis
#FREERATTIE
 
Thallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Country: United States
Posts: 5,021
vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
Perron, Rattie and a 1st for Kuli and Weiss
This is exactly the package I've been throwing around in my head for the Blues. Maybe a second on Florida's side, and the deal is perfect in my eyes.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:42 AM
  #35
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I said it should be just a Weiss rental deal on the first page, but you sucked me into it by making Kulikov so available w/o giving up Shattenkirk.

Perron can and has played some RW with the Blues. In fact, last year when Arnott at C meant Steen was in his correct position at LW, Perron played some on the right side once McDonald returned.

Kulikov for Perron + Polak is imbalanced in the Panthers' favor. A deal that makes more sense is Perron + Cole + Ottawa's 2d + conditional pick/prospect for Kulikov + Weiss. That should either be a 3d round pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign in St. Louis or Lehtera if he does. Weiss would have to sign before the June 30 single-day draft or Florida would get the 3d. (Lehtera, a center and '08 pick, is and has been one of the top scorers in the KHL and wants to come over next year.)

I am a big Perron fan as my own board knows but having Petro/Kulikov/Shattenkirk as a top 3 defense group for a long time is hugely appealing, and the Blues do have Jaskin knocking at the door on LW. Suppose Weiss re-signs and McDonald leaves. Next year:

C: Backes, Weiss, Berglund
LW: Steen, Schwartz, Sobotka (Jaskin working in)
RW: Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart

Kulikov-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
XXX-Polak

Now the Blues are insulated a bit from injury to one of those three defensemen.
I like this deal. Makes sense. Don't wish to part with either piece, but would help the Blues.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.