HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
  #176
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
he's horrible
Yup. Hes Old. Slower than Nesta, dare I say, and not nearly as good tactically. Can't see him fitting in the MLS

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
  #177
gunners14henry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Yup. Hes Old. Slower than Nesta, dare I say, and not nearly as good tactically. Can't see him fitting in the MLS
I shudder every time I think of the time he played with Arsenal

gunners14henry is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 10:42 AM
  #178
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,811
vCash: 500
Torsten Frings is to be bought out by Toronto FC. Is he a good option for us?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
  #179
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Torsten Frings is to be bought out by Toronto FC. Is he a good option for us?
I wouldn't touch any player from TFC. Why would you want a player that played for a team that finished dead last? TFC is a horrible team with horrible players.

That being said, Frings was a good player, I wasn't impressed by his play last season though. But I don't know, maybe he'd be better with another team just like De Guzman who played a lot better for Dallas.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  #180
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Is Frings being bought out for certain ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
  #181
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Torsten Frings is to be bought out by Toronto FC. Is he a good option for us?
Who knows if he has anything left to offer. Once upon a time a very good player.

I think the chemistry with the Impact is really good right now and it would take someone pretty outstanding to even consider coming into the squad right now.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
  #182
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Loved Frings a decade ago. We already have Nesta as a deteriorating star and that's enough.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM
  #183
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxIwK9TJ6Wo

Only two weeks left!

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
  #184
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Soccerplus said yesterday they had some "Big news to report tomorrow". They just tweeted that it would be announced in the next couple of minutes.

Meanwhile, 4 hours later, before his Bundesliga game (Finished a couple of minutes ago), Occean tweeted this
Olivier Occean ‏@olivieroccean
Il se passe quelque chose

I'm not supposing anything. In fact, I'm sure he isn't coming over. I just thought it was a pretty funny coinsidence seeing everyone on Twitter think that Occean's tweet meant a move to the Impact. The window is closed, He can't leave Germany until this summer.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
  #185
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Soccerplus said yesterday they had some "Big news to report tomorrow". They just tweeted that it would be announced in the next couple of minutes.

Meanwhile, 4 hours later, before his Bundesliga game (Finished a couple of minutes ago), Occean tweeted this
Olivier Occean ‏@olivieroccean
Il se passe quelque chose

I'm not supposing anything. In fact, I'm sure he isn't coming over. I just thought it was a pretty funny coinsidence seeing everyone on Twitter think that Occean's tweet meant a move to the Impact. The window is closed, He can't leave Germany until this summer.
Doesn't mean that an announcement can't be made now.

What's soccer plus announcement?

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:43 PM
  #186
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Doesn't mean that an announcement can't be made now.

What's soccer plus announcement?
SoccerPlusFR:
#MLS : Le milieu Khari Stephenson (SJ) et le gardien Josh Saunders passent au @RealSaltLake #RSL


PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:46 PM
  #187
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Here's the announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvNTZFCUsE

Nothing important lol

Btw Saunders moved to RSL

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:46 PM
  #188
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
I hope it's something else...I dont give a **** about that

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
  #189
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
SoccerPlusFR:
#MLS : Le milieu Khari Stephenson (SJ) et le gardien Josh Saunders passent au @RealSaltLake #RSL

That's what I thought too, but look at the youtube video they're just announcing a series of 10 episodes about the impact

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
  #190
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
lame

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
  #191
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
I started following them 5 minutes ago...well its over now.

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
  #192
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Why does RSL need Saunders ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
  #193
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Soccerplus said yesterday they had some "Big news to report tomorrow". They just tweeted that it would be announced in the next couple of minutes.

Meanwhile, 4 hours later, before his Bundesliga game (Finished a couple of minutes ago), Occean tweeted this
Olivier Occean ‏@olivieroccean
Il se passe quelque chose

I'm not supposing anything. In fact, I'm sure he isn't coming over. I just thought it was a pretty funny coinsidence seeing everyone on Twitter think that Occean's tweet meant a move to the Impact. The window is closed, He can't leave Germany until this summer.
MLS window isn't in line with Euro window (stays open later). If MLS' is still open then players can come in.

If MLS' window has closed forget this post.

KingLB is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 12:48 AM
  #194
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
MLS window isn't in line with Euro window (stays open later). If MLS' is still open then players can come in.

If MLS' window has closed forget this post.
But they can't leave Europe if they're still signed... so your point is void.

Only a free agent could sign... or a league with a window open.

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
  #195
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
But they can't leave Europe if they're still signed... so your point is void.

Only a free agent could sign... or a league with a window open.
No, you can leave any league, as long as the league your going to has their window open.

Its how Toronto is being rumored for a move from a guy from QPR right now.

KingLB is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:13 AM
  #196
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
No, you can leave any league, as long as the league your going to has their window open.

Its how Toronto is being rumored for a move from a guy from QPR right now.
Di Vaio was not able to play his 1st game with the impact until the transfer window opened in europe

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
  #197
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,918
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Di Vaio was not able to play his 1st game with the impact until the transfer window opened in europe
The transfer window wasn't open in the MLS that's why he didn't play until June 27th.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
  #198
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
The transfer window wasn't open in the MLS that's why he didn't play until June 27th.
He was out of contract in Europe at that point though.

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:49 AM
  #199
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
He was out of contract in Europe at that point though.
I thought he had 1 year left on his Bologna contract and they just terminated it by mutual agreement?

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
  #200
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,625
vCash: 500
Arsenal barely win the game.

Now the Impact got to win, the same with Habs

LaurentHabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.