HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy
I always used what is known as a soft, low profile shoulder pad. I felt too restricted in the hard cap shoulder pads and pretty much hated them. There was definitely a trade of in protection though. The hard caps absorb more of the impact and can no doubt be used as a weapon if you know what you are doing.
Yep... elbow pads too. League needs to step up. There's no silver bullet but this is an easy part of the fix to make.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:55 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

What worries me is that this is not Malkin's first ever concussion. I recall him having a concussion history when we drafted him.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:56 AM
helicecopter

well, i hope at least the Pens will use the experience of their disaster with Crosby to not repeat the same mistakes here... leave him out for even longer than it takes for him to consinstently feel 100%.

How's that i'm not too comfortable about this either?

Old
02-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Sucks that it had to happen at all but at least it was now and not closer to the playoffs.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:00 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
What worries me is that this is not Malkin's first ever concussion. I recall him having a concussion history when we drafted him.
as far as i can remember, he only suffered one concussion.

It happened in his draft year, and was supposed to be a serious one (was sent head first into the boards and could have been worse..), but he made a great full recovery much earlier than originally expected.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:01 AM
ImScore71

This is deja vu of the Crosby situation all over again. I remember everyone initially thought Sid would only miss a few weeks with the concussion, and he ended up missing a year and a half. Hopefully this ends differently but Geno's concussion history worries me.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:03 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Hope he gets well soon from the panther fan base.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Hope he gets well soon from the panther fan base.
Thanks for your comment.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScore71 View Post
This is deja vu of the Crosby situation all over again. I remember everyone initially thought Sid would only miss a few weeks with the concussion, and he ended up missing a year and a half. Hopefully this ends differently but Geno's concussion history worries me.
True. Plan for the worst. Hope for the best. Hopefully they learned something from Sid's situation.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Mancouver
Locked in the Washer

I need a drink. Wheres the crown royal?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:10 AM
AquaticBirdman

Well...perhaps this will lower his re-sign value?

Sorry guys, just trying to find some positives from this lol. Sucks the big one...

Old
02-23-2013, 10:10 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Isn't it cool how none of us are going insane and blaming a player from the other team for injuring our star player on a mostly accidental play? I feel like some fanbases may react differently. Maybe a certain one for a team north of the border. In Ontario. Near Quebec. No one specific though.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:11 AM
AquaticBirdman

Quote:
Not all players respond the same way. It did however look like a nasty spill into the boards. His head snapped back like badly and at high speed no less.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:12 AM
AquaticBirdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Isn't it cool how none of us are going insane and blaming a player from the other team for injuring our star player on a mostly accidental play? I feel like some fanbases may react differently. Maybe a certain one for a team north of the border. In Ontario. Near Quebec. No one specific though.
We tend to focus more on the graveness of the end result rather than what led to the result. I think we're rational enough to at least realize that pointing fingers and looking for someone to blame won't change anything in the end. Kudos to us for that I say!

Old
02-23-2013, 10:13 AM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Hope not that would really suck. If he would miss the year what the hell would ray shero do with genos contract. It would be hard to sign a guy to that much money who has a concussion. It would be a tough spot for the pens if that happens

Old
02-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post

I already reported one post calling it karma and I'm not one to report posts, like, ever. I've never reported a post on any message board in the history of my time on the internet but I couldn't help myself after this week of complete and total histrionics.

Really though, there's nobody to blame but Sidney Crosby. Obviously he was jealous of Malkin's increasing notoriety and paid Gudbrandson to go out there and take out the competition.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post

Sorry guys, just trying to find some positives from this lol. Sucks the big one...
or it might raise it if he thinks about how close he might be to his career ending at any time. I think we are in wait and see mode

Old
02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
mashsoccer37

I just hope he can regain form NEXT year. I'm not expecting a game out of him this year. That injury was absolutely horrific... Makes me nauseous even thinking about it

Old
02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Not all players respond the same way. It did however look like a nasty spill into the boards. His head snapped back like badly and at high speed no less.
As soon as his had snapped back you knew the results weren't going to be good. I don't think his head actually made contact with the boards but when it snaps back that quickly it's really not going to make a difference.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:

Here's another positive... we have even more cap-space now

Old
02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

I'm worries about how this will affect his conditioning for when he returns. Its already a short season. Not much time left. We also don't want to see him try to rush back in the playoffs like he claimed with his ACL injury. I recall im saying that he wanted to return for the 3rd round if we made it there.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:23 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
No reason why he can't come back for the playoffs this year. Sid and Perron's concussion-like injuries for a year + are few and far between. Long as he takes his time and doesn't rush it, this could only be a couple weeks, or a couple months... who ever knows with concussions. Point is most players don't end up like Sid did.

This could not be that bad and I don't even think I'm being that optimistic at all. Don't rush it, and come back to help win a cup Geno.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

so are the pens now serious contenders for Oreilly?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashsoccer37 View Post
I just hope he can regain form NEXT year. I'm not expecting a game out of him this year. That injury was absolutely horrific... Makes me nauseous even thinking about it
We don't know when he'll be back. 2 months until playoffs, plenty of time for him to rest up.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Konstantin Koltsov

So very lame. Get well soon, Geno. And by "well" I mean absolutely 100% well. We all know the history, no reason to repeat it.

Closed Thread