HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Leafs @ Sens | Saturday, February 23 | 7 PM | Not Another Crappy Paint GDT...

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 10:14 AM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
It seems like most Leafs fans don't really notice that the 2 teams are tied in points right now even with all of Ottawa's injuries.
Both teams are playing well with injuries to key players. Obviously you are missing better talents then the leafs are but key players to both teams. So with ottawa winning without their stars, injuries can't be used as a reason for a loss tonight.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:21 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Another Scrivens shutout.
I saw what you did there...

Old
02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Both teams are playing well with injuries to key players. Obviously you are missing better talents then the leafs are but key players to both teams. So with ottawa winning without their stars, injuries can't be used as a reason for a loss tonight.
So if Ottawa wins, it was simply the better team? No excuses.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Greeningfan14

Last time we played the Leafs with Lehner in nets, 'twas a good game *iirc it was october 30th last season right?*

Old
02-23-2013, 10:26 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
So if Ottawa wins, it was simply the better team? No excuses.
Exactly.

Old
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
If the chant happens, I ask all Ottawa fans to join in with the Leaf fans in a "Melnyk sucks!" chant. Think it would be awesome.

I hope CBC doesn't use it as a story line tonight about Ottawa not wanting Leaf fans in the building.

Old
Godinster

Bishop is in net and Michalek skated today according to James Gordon

Old
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Clark4Ever

No question that your lineup is worse off in the long run as a result of injuries, but as for the current situation of both teams, I find it amusing that most Sens fans trivialize the injuries to three of our top players.

Lupul was our best power forward and among the league leaders in PPG last season. Reimer was our number one goaltender and among the league leaders in GAA and SP this season before he got hurt. Frattin was our top goal scorer and led the NHL in goals per game when he got injured.

I realize that the loss of Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson, and Michalek is a huge blow to your lineup, but don't make it sound as if the Leafs are firing on all cylinders. Not even close.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
If the chant happens, I ask all Ottawa fans to join in with the Leaf fans in a "Melnyk sucks!" chant. Think it would be awesome.

I hope CBC doesn't use it as a story line tonight about Ottawa not wanting Leaf fans in the building.
You suck.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:

Why? We actually like our owner.

He actually has passion about our team.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:

Um...what? Why the hell would we join in on a Melnyk sucks chant?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
No question that your lineup is worse off in the long run as a result of injuries, but as for the current situation of both teams, I find it amusing that most Sens fans trivialize the injuries to three of our top players.

Lupul was our best power forward and among the league leaders in PPG last season. Reimer was our number one goaltender and among the league leaders in GAA and SP this season before he got hurt. Frattin was our top goal scorer and led the NHL in goals per game when he got injured.

I realize that the loss of Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson, and Michalek is a huge blow to your lineup, but don't make it sound as if the Leafs are firing on all cylinders. Not even close.
Alternatively you could argue that Lupul had 0 points in 3 games played and didn't look great before getting injured, and Frattin was on a hot streak and was definitely not going to sustain that pace anyway. Reimer is a good goalie though and it sucks that he's out for the Leafs.

However yes, relative to Ottawa your injuries are trivial.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:41 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:

That really would be awesome, then we could boo Alfie and chant Go Leafs Go!

Old
02-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Alternatively you could argue that Lupul had 0 points in 3 games played and didn't look great before getting injured, and Frattin was on a hot streak and was definitely not going to sustain that pace anyway. Reimer is a good goalie though and it sucks that he's out for the Leafs.

However yes, relative to Ottawa your injuries are trivial.
Disagree. Under no circumstances can the loss of a team's number one goaltender and two of their top scorers be considered trivial. Our situation isn't as dire as Ottawa's, but it's still significant by any team's standards.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Quote:

See you say "among the league leaders". Karlsson is the best defenceman in the league, Anderson is leading the league, Spezza 4th in scoring over the whole season not just part of it, Michalek top goal scorer. Also missing Cowen, likely our #2 or 3 this year. We're missing three all stars, yours isnt doing much.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
That really would be awesome, then we could boo Alfie and chant Go Leafs Go!
That's the spirit.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:45 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Disagree. Under no circumstances can the loss of a team's number one goaltender and two of their top scorers be considered trivial. Our situation isn't as dire as Ottawa's, but it's still significant by any team's standards.
Unless you compare it to ottawa's.

Erik Karlsson
Jason Spezza
Craig Anderson
Milan Michalek
Jared Cowen
Guillaume Latendresse
Peter Regin

Sprinkled with other injuries like lundin who back now, and alfredsson,gonchar who's missed time, etc.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:47 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
We're winning in spite of injuries. If we lose, our injuries will definitely play a significant part in the loss.

02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:

You forgot Cowen... also Stone and Hoffman who are depth call ups.

Last edited by DylanSensFan: 02-23-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: others
Old
02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We're winning in spite of injuries. If we lose, our injuries will definitely play a significant part in the loss.
So if the sens win its just luck and if they lose its injuries?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

Quote:
So if the sens win its just luck and if they lose its injuries?
No, if they win it's courage and determination to overcome the odds; if they lose, with the depth of injury depletion, it's expected.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Quo
storms in my knees

Sens being cautious with Regin. Coach MacLean said that if we absolutely needed him he'd be playing. Giving him time to get to 100%

Old
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
No, if they win it's courage and determination to overcome the odds; if they lose, with the depth of injury depletion, it's expected.
Well if that's the case get the injury excuses ready for tonight.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
"We're gonna get revenge on Melnyk by going to the SBP, with the tickets we bought, and protest!" - leaf fans

Dont even realize by doing so your giving him so many moneys. Do they think this through at all?

Last edited by Benny FTW: 02-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:

Excuse me? Do you enjoy NHL hockey in this city? Because it would not be possible without Melnyk and Bettman saving this franchise. Gtfo is all I have to say to you. Melnyk is literally our saviour and you say dumb **** like this. Unbelievable.

Closed Thread