Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 11:27 PM
djscooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesFan View Post
Huh?
I'm assuming it's due to the fact months ago a certain poster was in this thread claiming Trent Cull could not coach his way out of a paper bag and he could never dream of being half the coach James Boyd is(Coach of the Steelheads)

Old
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
chewerjones

Team running out of steam, and may be showing the effects of a young team.

Their schedule for the last 11 games is a very tough schedule and they play most high end teams.

If they dont get their scoring straightened out, and their dmen playing more solid, they may fall down to 6th??

If the Campagna, Baptiste and Pancel line dont go, then the team suffers.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Team running out of steam, and may be showing the effects of a young team.

Their schedule for the last 11 games is a very tough schedule and they play most high end teams.

If they dont get their scoring straightened out, and their dmen playing more solid, they may fall down to 6th??

If the Campagna, Baptiste and Pancel line dont go, then the team suffers.
Based on comments made in paper after each of the losses this weekend, you will expect to see kids riding the pine or sitting in the stands moving forward.
I think you will see a few kids traded or released in off season anyway. This will not be the team for next year, even though they commented that there is many returning players next season.

I can see Silk, De Hann, Harris, possibly Deroachers and Kubilik traded away in off season.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Ward Cornell

quite the scrap between McGuire and Genovese...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7FUscC9JWDA

Old
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Based on comments made in paper after each of the losses this weekend, you will expect to see kids riding the pine or sitting in the stands moving forward.
I think you will see a few kids traded or released in off season anyway. This will not be the team for next year, even though they commented that there is many returning players next season.

I can see Silk, De Hann, Harris, possibly Deroachers and Kubilik traded away in off season.

Yeah, trade away players like Silk and Desrochers who actually put in effort. We have a regular Mike Milbury on our hands.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Yeah, trade away players like Silk and Desrochers who actually put in effort. We have a regular Mike Milbury on our hands.
Did not actually say that it would be the Wolves decision but possibly the players request.

We have to face facts...Cull plays the team the way he had it on paper last summer. Players play well enough to get more but are always behind those who were higher on that piece of paper.

There are a few of them that have felt this and MIGHT request the trade themselves.
Also, CB (been a while) will be on 3rd line next season.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Did not actually say that it would be the Wolves decision but possibly the players request.

We have to face facts...Cull plays the team the way he had it on paper last summer. Players play well enough to get more but are always behind those who were higher on that piece of paper.

There are a few of them that have felt this and MIGHT request the trade themselves.
Also, CB (been a while) will be on 3rd line next season.
Who has played themselves into deserving more icetime? Jacob Harris? He was great with Leivo but once he couldn't ride on his coat-tails he came back down to earth. Nathan Cull? The only guy I can think of who deserves more ice time, in my oppinion is Danny Desrochers.

Guys like Kantor and Silk, who you can argue were pencilled into top 6 spots on paper have made their way onto a solid checking line for the wolves.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:38 AM
djscooter

Really hope the wolves bring in some of their higher end prospects like Leblanc and company during the playoffs to watch a game or two and try to sell them on the organization before it's too late(Assuming it's not already). With some of the questionable players taken early in the last few drafts they really cannot let any of these guys head the NCAA route.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Section19

Tyler Peters, a Wolves 2012 7th round draft pick, won the GNML MVP award.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post
Tyler Peters, a Wolves 2012 7th round draft pick, won the GNML MVP award.
I remember Peters from camp he look good and scored a few nice ones. With another year of development I am sure he will be a good addition to the team. Leblanc while the type of d we need I believe from one of the other post is NCAA bound.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
chewerjones

Sudbury has too many 3rd line players in the mix, presently and future prospects.

They wil have to trade some present players and prospects and draft picks for solid top 6 forwards or top 4 dmen. I believe they have the resources to get it done.

Lets hope that BS makes the right deals.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Sudbury has too many 3rd line players in the mix, presently and future prospects.

They wil have to trade some present players and prospects and draft picks for solid top 6 forwards or top 4 dmen. I believe they have the resources to get it done.

Lets hope that BS makes the right deals.
100% agree. Kantor is gone next year although he is a 3rd line type player he is getting his many games at a top 2 liner...which is fine, but he is gone next year.
Then you have CB...hate to bring him up....but will he be put into a 3rd line role next season?

Who will be our OA's...Tibadeau is going to be OA next season...do you keep him (he is 100% a team player and accepts his role no matter what it is) and is he OA material?

I believe we have too many similar players (give or take a few attributes) and do believe that there will be changes - either by player decision or management decision.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Loosie

Going to game in Kitchener today. Hoping for the Wolves to build on thier win last night over Barrie, and maybe Palazzesse having a nice game back in Kitchener.

Hopefully they are not too tired as it is a 2 pm game.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
bonefizzle

vilardi is playing for you guys this weekend.

Huge move. Looks like he wont be going ncaa

Old
02-23-2013, 12:56 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
vilardi is playing for you guys this weekend.

Huge move. Looks like he wont be going ncaa
As far as I know the tournament in Russia made him ineligible for NCAA play anyways. It was more a matter that he would be moved out of Sudbury but I guess not. He's been pretty mediocre in the second half of the Jr. A season. We'll see if he can put it together today.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Loosie

So as I figured they has absolutely no jump. They finally came alive after they scored in the third, but it was too late by that point.

Kantor took a shot into the leg/knee and left the game in the first period, but returned to begin the second. Raine also took a shot in the leg and some verbal abuse afterwards from Pedersen...I thought that wasn't very nice.

Pancel went face first into the boards and was down for a bit, just bad positioning on a legal hit, same with Kahun who also went down in the third but only missed a shift.

THe Wolves got beat twice on the PK, and thier first PP was not very good. They passed the puck well but they all passed the puck while standing still.

Levio and Kantor had a bit of a battle and continued to chirp thorough out the game.

The shots were something like 42 to 24, overall not a great game for the Wolves. Hopefully they will be better rested with a full 24 hours between game starts

Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
chewerjones

Hey Wolves' fans,

the last 2 weekends has shown us something;

1) We need a better back up goalie
2) We need for dmen to gain some more experience and toughness
3) We need a puck moving dman
4) We need some top end scoring

I know that they have played 3 in 3 on the road mainly, and have had many injuries, so they can get somewhat a pass. But we need BS to bring in some immediate, experienced help to be able to contend next year.

Players to keep:

Campagna Baptiste Pancel
Kahun Kubalik Silk
Harris Cull Huether
Schmalz

Corbett Raine (OA)
Genovese DeHaan
Cummins

Palazzesse (OA)

Thibodeau is a great guy and team player and provides much needed toughness, but it may be difficult to give him a roster spot on a contending team.

Desrochers tries hard and good PK, but we already have too many 3rd and 4th liners.

Dont think that any prospects in the system may be able to step into lineup and provide immediate help, over what we have, and thus BS will have no choice but to trade for impact players. The first rounder will be a future help, and wont be able to be an immediate help to a contending team. Imports may help, but he will have to then trade either Kahun or Kubalik.

I think he has to acquire as much quality assets and then merge the expendable ones along with draft picks and secure much needed immediate help as noted above.

GO WOLVES GO.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Hockeyfriend

3 games this week starting tomorrow with SSM. Could be another long week for the Wolves. Curious if Cull will change up the lineup. Not liking Kantor as a center. He is a natural winger. Don't get me wrong...he is an amazingly hard worker but is not a puck mover. Believe since he received the C - and well deserved - he is trying to do too much. He has just been trying to take it end to end and has been losing the puck in the neutral zone causing turnovers.

However, I don't think last weekends schedule helped. Especially the Kitchener game at 2 PM after a Friday night game at home. 5-6 hours sleep Friday and you never really catch up...but it is a part of the game. I certainly did not see anything in the tank for Sunday's game.

Not seeing a ton of chemistry amongst the lines. Even the PP #1 of Campagna, Pancel and Baptiste look out of sink now that they are not playing on same line rest of game.

Hope Raine and Corbett return soon to add experience to the back end.

Heard that McFadden has enrolled in school up in Sudbury so would assume he is staying through end of year...good for him, but unfortunately inexperienced players.

Hate to question the off-ice conditioning of the players...too many getting hurt (again) at end of year. This is the time of year when you want to be able to keep your position in the standings...maybe push a little harder to go higher and play a more suitable team in 1st round....rest a few players you will need in the playoffs (limit their ice time to a degree). Believe that injuries are partly the result of too much skating (one activity) and not enough of strengthening those muscles needed to stay strong.

8 game left - 4 at home/4 away.

Thoughts?

Old
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
chewerjones

Agreed. They need to get players healthy, lines have to work as units again, and they have to start scoring. Pallazzese can only do so much.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Squeet

postseason spot clinched. Rest the injured, get the young uns up for experience and be ready for the 1st round. Healthy! That's gonna be the key. We need all hands on deck and able to play. All except CB he can rest till 2019 as far as I'm concerned. Just sayin

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeet View Post
postseason spot clinched. Rest the injured, get the young uns up for experience and be ready for the 1st round. Healthy! That's gonna be the key. We need all hands on deck and able to play. All except CB he can rest till 2019 as far as I'm concerned. Just sayin
It will be a tough series against Brampton. Low scoring 2-1 type of games with more intensity. I guess we get to see a preview of what's to come between North Bay and Sudbury.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:17 AM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeet View Post
Ditto

Old
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesFan View Post
Ditto
They have to keep an eye on Niagara, as they are only 5 points behind with 5 games remaining. Wolves play all high end teams. WOLVES DONT WANT TO FINISH 6TH, AS THEY WILL THEN HAVE TO PLAY OSHAWA OR BARRIE??

Old
03-03-2013, 10:35 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
It will be a tough series against Brampton. Low scoring 2-1 type of games with more intensity. I guess we get to see a preview of what's to come between North Bay and Sudbury.
Better to take chance against Brampton , then fall to 6th and have to play Oshawa or Barrie.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:42 PM
chewerjones

Wolves looked very below average today against the Storm. They outshot the Storm, but most shots were not quality shots.

They were outskated, and out hustled. Bertuzzi ran around like a pest, and notched 2 points, and no one did anything about it.

Their defence is being exposed big time. I know they are missing Corbett and Raine, and it shows. Today they were pushed around, and kept scrambling in their own zone.

PP was pathetic, especially on 5 on 3 for 2 minutes. They should have played Campagna at the point, as he was not useful at the goal line. He is dangerous when he can dictate the play on the PP, and even use his shot. They should have put Baptiste in front of the net, Pancel where MC was, and Kahun on the other goal line, and MC at the point.

Baptiste tries to do too much on his own. He leaves Pancel and Campagna skating around being useless. Pancel and Campagna always look to dish off and set up a scoring play, but Baptiste puts his head down and dumps it in. That bothers me tremendously. WE NEED MORE PUCK CONTROL, RATHER THAN DUMP AND CHASE.

This year is a learning experience for the young Wolves, but these young guys must mature over the summer, and BS must bring in experienced and strong players as role players next year, or we are in trouble.

Closed Thread