HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames Firesale - make your offers

Old
02-23-2013, 06:22 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
2013 BOS 1st
Caron or Knight
Khohklachev or Subban

What is the type of package CGY is looking for in return for Iggy just to see what the deal is looking at? Take off the homer glasses and just give a real adjusted value of what you think Feaster would probably do it for. Also what's the possibilty of a sign and trade? How many prospcts is Calgary really looking to get in return?

No Hamiliton in the deal. He's really no longer a prospect.
Over the past year I have seen various proposals of Iginla to Boston. Some of the packages some Flames fans say it would take to get Iginla are Seguin, Hamilton and a 1st, or Krejci, Lucic, and Horton, and my favorite, Marchand, Bergeron and Seguin. But mostly they want a 20 year old version of Iginla for a 35 year old player who has 1 goal so far.

No thanks

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:29 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Cole + Rattie for Giordano. Young, improving top 4 dman (Cole is getting #4 minutes behind the obvious Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Jackman) + top prospect. Flames save money too. Cole is due a contract but is only about to graduate as an HF prospect.
I like this as well.

Dunno if Calgary wants to part with Giordano however.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Over the past year I have seen various proposals of Iginla to Boston. Some of the packages some Flames fans say it would take to get Iginla are Seguin, Hamilton and a 1st, or Krejci, Lucic, and Horton, and my favorite, Marchand, Bergeron and Seguin. But mostly they want a 20 year old version of Iginla for a 35 year old player who has 1 goal so far.

No thanks
That's just not true and you know it, and even if it were so what? That is clearly not what 99% of the fanbase expects the return to be.

From Boston the pieces I would target would include Spooner, Khohklachev, 1st, 2nd and Krug. Caron and Knight could be included in some capacity, but they really do not hold a significant amount of value to Calgary I would imagine.

I would throw out a Spooner, Krug, 1st proposal as a starter from a Flames standpoint. In saying that however, Boston certainly lacks a high end trade chip (prospect wise) with Hamilton being rightfully off the table. Other teams may have the edge in that aspect.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Halifaxhab

Yannick Weber for Ryan Howse.

Habs need a LW prospect

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post

No thanks
TO BOS: Iginla
TO CGY: Marchand, Caron or Knight, 1st

Helps both teams. Flames get a decent player who can play on the top 2 lines, is cheap and young. Also a very good prospect and a 1st.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:30 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Butler, Stajan and Stempniak for Phaneuf, McLaren and Blacker...

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:40 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post

Helps both teams. Flames get a decent player who can play on the top 2 lines, is cheap and young. Also a very good prospect and a 1st.
That helps both teams? How exactly? Marchand is Better than Iginla right now.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
That's just not true and you know it, and even if it were so what? That is clearly not what 99% of the fanbase expects the return to be.

From Boston the pieces I would target would include Spooner, Khohklachev, 1st, 2nd and Krug. Caron and Knight could be included in some capacity, but they really do not hold a significant amount of value to Calgary I would imagine.

I would throw out a Spooner, Krug, 1st proposal as a starter from a Flames standpoint. In saying that however, Boston certainly lacks a high end trade chip (prospect wise) with Hamilton being rightfully off the table. Other teams may have the edge in that aspect.
It is true and I never said all Flames fans, I clearly said some. The point is some Flames fans want what he was worth 3 years ago as a 40+ goal scorer with a few years left on his contract not what he is today, an UFA to be who seems to have lost significant goal scoring ability this year. He is slower, less physical and less engaged altogether.

I would not trade as much as teams traded to get Kovalchuk or Hossa but that is what you are asking for.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:16 AM
zaYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post

Marchand is by far a better player than Iggy right now. He is easily the best player on Boston at the moment and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Not even close.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

The Flames have a lot of young goaltending talent. Bernier is no more special than somebody like Ramo. It would be a waste of an asset when you already have 4 or 5 goaltenders in the system that could play in the NHL.

Bernier isn't going to suddenly turn into a star. He's a career backup goaltender.

Puckgenius is no genius. If we trade Giordano, it should be to the Blues for something around 1st + Rattie.
the flames have next to no real goaltending prospects. getting bernier would be a smart move

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I have 2 proposals:

Iginla to pits for morrow, Kennedy, 1st
Switch Morrow with Maatta and I would do it !

...then go ask Iggy if he's fine with being Sid's new winger

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
a 1st round pick in a deep draft and a high-ceiling puck-moving defense prospect isn't a "premium" for a $7M impending UFA who is under-performing this year?
That's what it's going to cost. At least that's what history tells us.

One thing I think people should keep in mind. The whole "Deep Draft" thing is overrated for the most part. We hear that every couple of years and sometimes it ends up true, other times it's all hype. It really has never effected the way teams throw around 1st round picks at the deadline.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
the flames have next to no real goaltending prospects. getting bernier would be a smart move
We have Brossoit, Gillies, Ortio, and Ramo is coming over next year. Bernier is not enough of an upgrade over Ramo to spend assets on. That's bad asset management.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:50 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
We have Brossoit, Gillies, Ortio, and Ramo is coming over next year. Bernier is not enough of an upgrade over Ramo to spend assets on. That's bad asset management.
bernier is ready now. I think waiting for those guys would be too much of a gamble, goalie prospects are always hit or miss and take years to be ready.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Ashasx

Quote:
bernier is ready now. I think waiting for those guys would be too much of a gamble, goalie prospects are always hit or miss and take years to be ready.
Ramo is ready now. If we're going to rebuild, we don't need a superstar goalie immediately.

Picking up Bernier might not be a bad idea, but certainly not at the expense of Giordano.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:59 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Ramo isn't really a gamble, he's been great in the KHL, and the only reason he's not in the NHL is because he didn't want to sit behind Price in Montreal, and Kipper in Calgary. I do not like the Flames, but with Ramo rumored to be coming over next year, and Irving as a backup, there are more important holes for Calgary to fill than their goaltending.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Just a note for this thread. People have to realize that the majority of Flames fans don't post as frequently on the main boards, specifically this sub forum. We don't all expect a King's ransom, but we don't want spare parts either.

Also, for the millionth time, goalie prospects are fair value sure, but we'd rather stock up at other positions.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Ramo will be 26 when he's the Flames starting goaltender next year. He as a couple of hundred pro games in now and he's what? A year or two older than Bernier?

The Flames dont need to worry about a goaltender right now. With Ramo and Brossoit, they're fine.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
And acquiring young supposed NHL ready goaltenders such as Bernier has proven to be a tremendous risk over the last 20 years. More misses than hits.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:23 AM
H a w k s

Stalberg, Pirri and Clendenning for Iginla.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
H a w k s

The Hawks are not trading Leddy nor do they need a goalie.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:27 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Any offer for Iginla will start with a 1st. No point in blowing things up if you dont get a first back.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
I'd love to see Iggy on the Hawks, but you have to give to get. Your offer doesn't cut it.

1st 2013 + Saad for Iginla + extension. I could understand Hawk fans not wanting to part with Saad, but Iginla will be in high demand. (You could also dump Olesz on us). He would make your top 6 even better (which is already the best in the league, IMO).

I don't know your line-up/positions well, but this looks damn good:

Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Kane - Sharp - Iginla

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

The Flames have a lot of young goaltending talent. Bernier is no more special than somebody like Ramo. It would be a waste of an asset when you already have 4 or 5 goaltenders in the system that could play in the NHL.

Bernier isn't going to suddenly turn into a star. He's a career backup goaltender.

well as long as he is winning all of his games like he is doing this year i',m happy with him as backup.
The actual problem is he plays behind Quick. Every other goalie of this league would be a backup too.
So lets call the Luongos, Smith, Lehtonens all career backups.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-23-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: [/QUOTE]
Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Quote:

well as long as he is winning all of his games like he is doing this year i',m happy with him as backup.
The actual problem is he plays behind Quick. Every other goalie of this league would be a backup too.
So lets call the Luongos, Smith, Lehtonens all career backups.
You're on your own there

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-23-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: [/QUOTE]