HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Is this guy Dirty or what?

Old
07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
wholeshow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
-Well you said he was a teenager or close to it. Totally false, he was 26.
-Yes it was blatant.
Not blatant, did you even see it? Zidane was still young.

Quote:
-No they asked it it was a racist comment and Zidane said No. 3 lip readers said three different things. I'll go with what Zidane says.
where did he did he say "no it wasn't a racist comment?"

Quote:
Where is this a fact? Do you care to elaborate where an Italian lip reader stated it was racist?
well two lip readers stated that materazzi called zidane a terrorist. let me guess, you're one of those people that aren't 'cultured and don't even know what an islamic terrorist is?"

Quote:
If you watched soccer at all you would know where the Saudi incident happened. You were WAYYY off.
in happened in the 98 world cup, my bad. i undermined zidane's age!

Quote:
You're the 1st person to say Materazzi has "great skill". Another clear indication you have no idea what you're talking about.

the guy can get into position and score some nice goals, that's good enough in my books to have 'skills.'
go ahead undermine the guys ability to score clutch goals in the world cup, he's not talented at all. haha

Quote:
The next time you get the better of me in a hockey discussion will be the 1st time.
i do it on a daily basis.

Quote:
You're totally clueless, again.
No, i'm a human being. What kind of person is tolerable of derogatory comments towards ailing mothers and a persons faith. you're disgusting and need

Quote:
Oh and by the way, his read card history IS NOT like most other good footballers. False. Look up the disciplinary record many of today's top footballers and you will see a difference.
you keep talking about it, why don't you post it?
p.s i'm aware that zidane gets carded (for chinsy stuff that's questionable), but nothing he has done was as blatant as what he did last sunday (atleast to my recollection).

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:54 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
p.s i'm aware that zidane gets carded (for chinsy stuff that's questionable), but nothing he has done was as blatant as what he did last sunday (atleast to my recollection).
You may want to back away from bolded part of your statement.

Zidane's head butt on Jochen Kientz in Champions League was his worst foul, I think Kientz ended up in the hospital with a concussion.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Pretty much all of them? Really?

Maybe you can elaborate on your Materazzi - Great skill comment? What a joke.
great goal

and he has a great skill in taking down players as well.
great at flopping
all skills you need to have to win a world cup.

Old
07-14-2006, 04:58 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You may want to back away from bolded part of your statement.

Zidane's head butt on Jochen Kientz in Champions League was his worst foul, I think Kientz ended up in the hospital with a concussion.
not as blatant
he didn't walk up to him and ram his head in. hell some could interpret that as 'incidental' contact. haha

Old
07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
habfan4

Quote:
not as blatant
he didn't walk up to him and ram his head in. hell some could interpret that as 'incidental' contact. haha
That was pretty blatant. Zidane was taken down from behind (which IMO should have earned Kientz a yellow), but Zizou looks back and then plants his forehead into Kientz's jaw.

Nasty foul as far as I'm concerned (and I'm a Zidane fan)

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 05:07 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
That was pretty blatant. Zidane was taken down from behind (which IMO should have earned Kientz a yellow), but Zizou looks back and then plants his forehead into Kientz's jaw.

Nasty foul as far as I'm concerned (and I'm a Zidane fan)
zidane is an emotional player, but that incident was based more on instinct...whereas the materazzi headbutt took atleast a few moments for zidane to mull over and "go for the kill". if kientz wasn't sitting on zidane's lap, would zidane have gone over and just head butt him? think of it like the bertuzzi incident vs. the perezhogin stick swinging incident. which was more blatant? both were harsh, but the bertuzzi attack from behind was premeditated whereas the perezhogin stick was instinct IMO.

Last edited by wholeshow*: 07-14-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old
07-14-2006, 05:14 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo_Joe_19 View Post
sorry you are right,BAKALA
are you making fun of my name, racist? are you pulling a materazzi at me?

Old
07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Belso

To set the record strait, I don't know a lot about football players around the world.. I post on a hockey sites because I watch hockey first and formost. Now because of the world cup, I got interested and started seeing and learning a few players. I ran across the clip of Materazzi this week and just count believe the things I saw. I didn't post to show and say that Italy shouldn't have won the world cup! I just couldn't believe someone could do some of the things he did to other HUMAN beings. I didn't really go into the Zidane headbutt because as much as I knew from the guy, he had a short fuse, but would never really try to injure a player where he may not be able to play again like those vicious knee stomps Materazzi did. I think that a lot of people in the world have already been upset at one time and may have over reacted as Zidane did. So some can forgive him easier then others. Why 10 min before the end of the game that wasn't still lost by any means? Only Zidane will know. But his intention was not to go out and hurt people. He just got mad and lost it... I still think he was wrong. but what I didn't like about Materazzi is that he seems to do it intentionaly. his tackles and kicks are premeditated.. That was my beef. Not because Italy won the world cup with him on the team. Besides, my family is Italian.. And I never said Zidane was a saint. I just said Materazzi may have had it coming. But I don't watch football that much. If this is somewhat common, it's sad...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:16 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Not blatant, did you even see it? Zidane was still young.

where did he did he say "no it wasn't a racist comment?"

well two lip readers stated that materazzi called zidane a terrorist. let me guess, you're one of those people that aren't 'cultured and don't even know what an islamic terrorist is?"

in happened in the 98 world cup, my bad. i undermined zidane's age!

the guy can get into position and score some nice goals, that's good enough in my books to have 'skills.'
go ahead undermine the guys ability to score clutch goals in the world cup, he's not talented at all. haha

i do it on a daily basis.

No, i'm a human being. What kind of person is tolerable of derogatory comments towards ailing mothers and a persons faith. you're disgusting and need

you keep talking about it, why don't you post it?
Guy, you have no idea what you are talking about, at all. You don't watch soccer and have no knowledge of it.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
gusfring

Here you go:

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=91074

Old
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
are you making fun of my name, racist? are you pulling a materazzi at me?
Will you cut that out.... Materazzi and Zidane both stated no racist comments were made.... the Italian interpreters said that Materazzi wished he and his family a horrible death.... they did not say Materazzi said any racist comments.... get your freaking story straight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmN_...elated&search=

Now, before you freak out about wishing him and his family a horrible death.... in Italian, there are certain phrases that are equivalent to telling someone to **** off.... Right off the bat there's a phrase I use almost every day that literally translates to I hope you die by murder.... it's not meant to be interpretted word for word.... it's simply like saying FU..... Zidane probably misinterpretted.... and took it word for word and lost it.....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
Will you cut that out.... Materazzi and Zidane both stated no racist comments were made.... the Italian interpreters said that Materazzi wished he and his family a horrible death.... they did not say Materazzi said any racist comments.... get your freaking story straight....

Now, before you freak out about wishing him and his family a horrible death.... in Italian, there are certain phrases that are equivalent to telling someone to **** off.... Right off the bat there's a phrase I use almost every day that literally translates to I hope you die by murder.... it's not meant to be interpretted word for word.... it's simply like saying FU..... Zidane probably misinterpretted.... and took it word for word and lost it.....
Honestly, just leave hunjee alone. He has no knowledge of soccer.

First he thought Zidane was a teenager when he got the red card against Saudi Arabia, beleives that every player has a similar disciplinary record as Zidane and thinks Materazzi has "great skills".

Anyone who has followed World Soccer, even a bit, would know these are the thoughts of someone who doesn't know the game.

Old
07-14-2006, 09:53 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Zidane probably misinterpretted.... and took it word for word and lost it.....
Please, he lived in Italy for 5 years. He had to learn the language, and he was probably insulted more than once by other players (or Italian drivers ) during his tenure there.

Materazzi probably said something really bad, or something that was painful to hear at that moment (Zidane's mother is sick).

But, that's not important.

Italy won and would have won whatever happened.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 09:56 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Agree that it WAS offside, but also agree that the penalty given to France WAS dubious indeed.
There was no penalty in my book (the one about Cristobal Huet, you remember ? ).

Materazzi touched Malouda's foot, thus he made a foul. But the replay clearly shows that Malouda stayed on his legs, looked at the ball, saw he couldn't reach it, and dove.

Some would say it's a penalty. Because it's a dive in the end, I say there's no penalty. It was really a minor foul, one that you usually don't give a penalty kick for, considering there are countless worse fouls on corner or free kicks.

Old
07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
An thanks for given us a lesson on racism. Apart from all the domestic violence that nearly destroyed Paris, you have LePen and the majority of French population stating that the team was too black as the competition began. (of coarse in typical French flip flopping - they fell in love with the team once they started to win)

As for you - I will gladly add you to my ignore list
I was in Paris at that time. The interpretation that was made of these events in North America was holy bull****.

Just to remember that CNN French map of "burning cities", with Marseille in Germany and Lille in Spain make me laugh again.

And it was NOT Muslim riots. It was just the people from the ghettos (true, there are some Muslims there, but it was not just them, it was the whole jobless young population of the ghettos involved). Add to that the fact that a competition between the cities and the ghettos inside the cities started to know who was gonna burn the most cars...

Finally, no, not the majority of the population was thinking this team has too many black people in it. The majority was thinking that this team was old and crappy. And quickly jumped on the bandwagon, as usual.

Old
07-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
Please, he lived in Italy for 5 years. He had to learn the language, and he was probably insulted more than once by other players (or Italian drivers ) during his tenure there.

Materazzi probably said something really bad, or something that was painful to hear at that moment (Zidane's mother is sick).

But, that's not important.

Italy won and would have won whatever happened.

Yes I know he lived in Italy for 5 years, he kind of had to while playing for Juventus What I'm saying is he probably took something to literally or a mother joke caught him at the wrong time....

Anyway, he successfully managed to shift the blame to Materazzi.... shame no one did the same for Totti in 2002 though.... clearly he was provoked too.... no one said anything then though..... Italy needs a new PR team.... maybe Deandebean would like to give it a shot

Old
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

first of...
italy played a beautiful WC
they finally played like the team they are on paper...every year they have ana amzing team but too many primadonnas and they fail...this year they played as a unit and look what they did...

second remember Zidane was walking away than materazzi said something to set him off...and italian lip reader stated him saying something about him being a terrorists and insults to his parents and sister.

third zidane or canavaro diserved the golden ball this year...while i agree zidane ws almost absent the 1st 2 games and the goals he scored we 2 of 3 penalty shots...but SO WHAT??? he rallied his tam and was the best player on every field during the knockout phase...BAR NONE
Zagorakis did not score a single goal in euro 04 but was voted man of the euro why cause he led his team as did zidane and canavaro...sentimental favoritism got him the tie break from canavaro...(not saying he didnt diserve it though)

Finally Materazzi is the dirtiest player or atleast one of the dirtiest players to ever step foot on the pitch...this was his title BEFORE WC 06 so people who know a thing or two call him dirty cause they've seen him and know him before this not only cause of the final game...before the WC started me and 3 of my italian friends were talking about how dirty he is and about different instances we remember one being the on on the video where he steps on the guys back...

so for all those people who are getting their panties in a bunch....

Italy diserved it as would of France
Materazzi Diserved it as he has a legacy of being dirty before this
Zidane did not let his team down...he's only human
Zidane was no undiserving of the golden ball

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
StanAjax

@ Anthony P :

Oh, I acknowledge that Totti probably doesn't spit on players like that.

True that there are many more people to defend Zidane, and I can understand that it's annoying.

No one can put all the blame on Materazzi, 'cos for every player he drove out of his mind, there are probably 10 players that just didn't pay attention to him, or managed to deal with their anger.

But you can't call both players dirty and put them on the same level. That's just not true.

I wouldn't say that Totti is dirty for example.

Old
07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Do you base your opinion based on that video or do you actually watch soccer week in, week out? Did you notice how many times the video repeated the same incidents over and over?

Materazzi is no saint, but c'mon.
Yes. I watch the games.

Yes. I noticed that the video repeat the same incidents over. So what? 5 disgusting events is not enough?

Your "c'mon" comment has absolutely no substance at all. A virtuous empty statement...

So what do you mean? C'mon? What substance is behing your "C'mon"?

Should I say "Oh my God, it is not that bad... he tried to destroy this guys' knee intentionally only once... see ! this is a repeat"... Oh my God... it is not so bad after all... he just went full speed for this guy's balls intentionally only once... because all of those are repeats. He only step once on this guy's back... and they didn't repeat that sequence... it must not have been that bad.

So what is the point of your C'MON???????

So I guess, the guys who killed Kennedy, Lennon and such... I mean, there are no saint right? I mean we saw the sequences over and over again, or read about over those events over and over... So they are no saints.. but I guess I have to add a silly but c'mon here.

So C'MON ! You are telling me, that the fact that there are repears in the video... that we should conclude that it is not that bad what he has been doing? C'MON. So, you telling me, you hoping that maybe I don't watch games... that C'MON... that means he is not that bad.

Not very strong arguments, C'MON.

Last edited by Pere Noel: 07-14-2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
I love the jealousy......It makes the Italian victory that much sweeter!

Thanks for making my day
What makes you believe that we are jealous?

I mean most of us are Canadians... We don't have a remote chance to win the World Cup. It's not like we go... arghhhh it could have been us.

It actually give us the opportunity to look at the game with distance.

What I see is an Italian team that got there... by playing anti-soccer... I see specialists at pretending they have been hooked and such... I see a few extremely dirty players.... that makes the result without glory...

And I see the sillyness of the game... Can't they continue playing instead of flipping coins at the end? I mean look at it, no penalty kick was stopped by any goolie.. 8 went in... (one hit a post but would have not been stop by the goolie)... how ridiculous is this rule... Millions of kids playing for years.. team preparing over and over all around the world for the ultimate games... multiple qualification games... and then at the very end.... the result is decided on penality kicks?

I mean in Hockey... in playoff, we would play overtime... at times 5 over time periods were needed... the athletes are real men and the strongest, most resistant are more likely to make the ultimate difference.

Can't those guys keep playing? 2 hours is not that bad after all. Marathon runners keep on going faster than those soccer players and non stop... What's the deal.

So that's what the Italians did... get a result like that.. with the anti-soccer, the anti-sportmanship, and the silly penalty game at the end.

It's like if the tour de france would be too tight to decide who is the winner.. and they would render useless the hours and hours and days of cycling and years of preparation by asking the top cyclists to spin there bike wheels with their hands and the victory will be given to the one who can spin them the fastest within 30 seconds.

So no, we are not jealous. It was such a silly result, such a silly game, and such silly means... there is no way I can be jealous of that.

Do you think I am proud that Bobby Clark decided to break Valery Karlamov's ankle? Do you think that I don't understand that it spoiled the validity of the result of the game... He was one of their best players. Well I will give us some credit, at least the victory was not decided on who can slap the puck in an empty the most often.

So take some distance, and understand... that the result for the world cup... is meaningless.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
@ Anthony P :

Oh, I acknowledge that Totti probably doesn't spit on players like that.

True that there are many more people to defend Zidane, and I can understand that it's annoying.

No one can put all the blame on Materazzi, 'cos for every player he drove out of his mind, there are probably 10 players that just didn't pay attention to him, or managed to deal with their anger.

But you can't call both players dirty and put them on the same level. That's just not true.

I wouldn't say that Totti is dirty for example.
Well what Totti did was still wrong and I think he was penalized fairly... just the way I think Zidane was penalized fairly....

Was fun debating this with you.... cheers for keeping it civil

Just as a final point from my end.... I know a lot of people are saying Materazzi got what he deserved for being the type of player that he is.... all I was trying to say is that we should be trying to see this from the perspective of what happened in this game and not in the past....

Did Materazzi really say something that was deserving of a headbutt???? I'm not sure.... I know a few people kept bringing in the lip readers, but both parties denied any racist remarks.... I think they brought in 3 lip readers and all 3 came out with different quotes....

Enough of this for me, the game is over and it was an exciting game.... it is a shame it ended in PK's as I never liked the idea of ending the game like that, but Italy was 0-3 going into PK's so we all know that Italy has suffered quite a lot from that perspective.....

Old
07-15-2006, 12:18 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
What makes you believe that we are jealous?

I mean most of us are Canadians... We don't have a remote chance to win the World Cup. It's not like we go... arghhhh it could have been us.

It actually give us the opportunity to look at the game with distance.

What I see is an Italian team that got there... by playing anti-soccer... I see specialists at pretending they have been hooked and such... I see a few extremely dirty players.... that makes the result without glory...

And I see the sillyness of the game... Can't they continue playing instead of flipping coins at the end? I mean look at it, no penalty kick was stopped by any goolie.. 8 went in... (one hit a post but would have not been stop by the goolie)... how ridiculous is this rule... Millions of kids playing for years.. team preparing over and over all around the world for the ultimate games... multiple qualification games... and then at the very end.... the result is decided on penality kicks?

I mean in Hockey... in playoff, we would play overtime... at times 5 over time periods were needed... the athletes are real men and the strongest, most resistant are more likely to make the ultimate difference.

Can't those guys keep playing? 2 hours is not that bad after all. Marathon runners keep on going faster than those soccer players and non stop... What's the deal.

So that's what the Italians did... get a result like that.. with the anti-soccer, the anti-sportmanship, and the silly penalty game at the end.

It's like if the tour de france would be too tight to decide who is the winner.. and they would render useless the hours and hours and days of cycling and years of preparation by asking the top cyclists to spin there bike wheels with their hands and the victory will be given to the one who can spin them the fastest within 30 seconds.

So no, we are not jealous. It was such a silly result, such a silly game, and such silly means... there is no way I can be jealous of that.

Do you think I am proud that Bobby Clark decided to break Valery Karlamov's ankle? Do you think that I don't understand that it spoiled the validity of the result of the game... He was one of their best players. Well I will give us some credit, at least the victory was not decided on who can slap the puck in an empty the most often.

So take some distance, and understand... that the result for the world cup... is meaningless.
Your anti-soccer comment is ludicrous. Note that the team scored 12 goals from 10 different players and most commentators (who actually watch soccer) agree that Italy played a good brand of soccer during this world cup.

This old "penalty kicks" sucks argument is such a North American point of view that non-soccer fans use to put down the game. All the commentators I've heard, from England, US, Spain etc, believe that Italy derserved this World Cup and were the best team throughout just like Brazil was in 1994. Get over it.

It's OK to be jealous. We'll forgive you.

Old
07-15-2006, 01:45 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Enough of this for me, the game is over and it was an exciting game.... it is a shame it ended in PK's as I never liked the idea of ending the game like that, but Italy was 0-3 going into PK's so we all know that Italy has suffered quite a lot from that perspective.....
Yep, interesting debate, and it actually was discussed longer here than on the French football board I post on.

As for the PK finish, I don't mind that much when it's to decide a quarter-final or a semi-final, but that's just not a proper way to decide a World Champion.

And, for Nittany, it's not a North American complaining here.

Or maybe it's just that I'm too used to losing on PK with my teams (FC Nantes, Ajax Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Italy) that I can't really understand how it's possible to win sometimes.

But, I sure didn't enjoy this win as much as the Italian semi-final, or the beauty Bergkamp scored in 1/4 against Argentina at the last minute of the regulation time in 1998.

Old
07-15-2006, 04:45 AM
wholeshow*

Quote:

lol, FAILED

we all know that zidane gets carded, but it says nothing about his penchant to get cards relates to other players of similar stature (which is what i asked you to do).

Quote:
Guy, you have no idea what you are talking about, at all. You don't watch soccer and have no knowledge of it.
I know as much about 'soccer' as you do about hockey

case in point
Quote:
Anyone who supported Gaineys moves this week is a blind sheep

Quote:
Honestly, just leave hunjee alone. He has no knowledge of soccer.
it's obvious i know more than you...and it's eating at your insides. boohoo, cry me a river and cut your wrists while listening to dashboard confessionals.

Quote:
First he thought Zidane was a teenager when he got the red card against Saudi Arabia
lol, oooooh. i forgot that it happened at the 98' WC.

Quote:
beleives that every player has a similar disciplinary record as Zidane
beleives?
i think you meant, "believes" O_o. where did i say that EVERY player has a similar card history as zidane? learn how to read much? haha, wow @ you!

and
Quote:
thinks Materazzi has "great skills".
obviously, you suck at picking up sarcasm. did you see the links i posted in regards to that comment? materazzi is a great player for the italians, clutch scorer (the header), great at diving and a perfect cheap shot artist. where would the italians be without materazzi? definitely not as champions.

Quote:
Anyone who has followed World Soccer, even a bit, would know these are the thoughts of someone who doesn't know the game.
Duh, i don't know anythingggsss.
whatever you say...racist. i'm sure you call your mother bad names all the time...so what marco did was obviously no big issue.

Last edited by wholeshow*: 07-15-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old
07-15-2006, 05:15 AM
wholeshow*

Quote:

read this

and
July 11, 2006

LONDON (AFP) - Italy's Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a "son of a terrorist *****" just before the France captain gave him a brutal head-butt in the World Cup final, Britain's top forensic lip reader says.

oh snap, what now? notice the date of the last link? is it more recent than what you posted? did they even mention who did the lip reading in your little bbc video? probably some random joe they found off the streets.

Quote:
You do know that Zidane played for 6 years in Italy and from what I understand speaks fairly good Italian, right?