HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about practice.

Old
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
mooseisloose

vCash: 500
Question about practice.

Hello, me and my husband are big fan of Jagr. And we are planning on visiitng NY to watch some games during the season. We went there once before, but we only watched one game. This time, we want to go watch their practice, but when I checked the Rangers official site, I couldn't find info abuut practice, except for MSG training center. Is that where they practice? If so, it's not open to the public,is it? They don't have any open to public practice?? Any info would be appreciated! thanks.

mooseisloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
NYR469

the practice at the msg training facility and it is not open to the public

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:12 PM
score77

Send a message via AIM to score77
When they practiced atrye they used to hold some open ones for the public

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseisloose View Post
Hello, me and my husband are big fan of Jagr. And we are planning on visiitng NY to watch some games during the season. We went there once before, but we only watched one game. This time, we want to go watch their practice, but when I checked the Rangers official site, I couldn't find info abuut practice, except for MSG training center. Is that where they practice? If so, it's not open to the public,is it? They don't have any open to public practice?? Any info would be appreciated! thanks.
The NYR practice site(MSG training center) is in Greenburgh, NY on Rte 9 in Westchester County, about 20 miles N of Manhatten. Their practices are for the most part not open to the public. Select practices are open for public, but they are not announced until season starts. I think they are only open for season ticket holders. If you can say what dates you are planning to be in NYC, the boards can definitely help you find out about practice sessions.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:06 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
The NYR practice site(MSG training center) is in Greenburgh, NY on Rte 9 in Westchester County, about 20 miles N of Manhatten. Their practices are for the most part not open to the public. Select practices are open for public, but they are not announced until season starts. I think they are only open for season ticket holders. If you can say what dates you are planning to be in NYC, the boards can definitely help you find out about practice sessions.
We really need to do something about this. Many other teams have practices open to the public, the rangers should too.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
We really need to do something about this. Many other teams have practices open to the public, the rangers should too.
No, not in NY, they see enough people all day, when they're at work let them work

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Dubi

The MSG Training Center is not equipped for open practices -- there is barely enough room to accomodate the media, let alone the public. A much better bet for seeing the Rangers practice is when they are on the road -- if you can find out where they are holding their game-day skate, you might stand a chance of getting in.

Another good thing to look into -- last year, the Rangers held a public event every week at the Bryant Park outdoor rink where select players and coaches would skate with fans. I don't know if they're planning it again this year, or if Jagr ever participates, but it's a much better option than trying to get into a practice session.

Dubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi View Post
The MSG Training Center is not equipped for open practices -- there is barely enough room to accomodate the media, let alone the public.
They had an event for season subscribers last year with more than 100 people. There was enough room for everyone to move around comfortably. No reason why they cant cap it or take reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
No, not in NY, they see enough people all day, when they're at work let them work
Not sure that they should be left alone at work. I dont want an invite to watch Petr make JJ diner at the apartment, just would like to see some practices.

I think if they just let people watch. No autograph sessions, no open skate, no expectations whatsoever from the players. Just let people in.

Old
07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

As Allen Iverson said "Practice?".A bunch of players wearing different colored jersey's with weird numbers on the back

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Not sure that they should be left alone at work. I dont want an invite to watch Petr make JJ diner at the apartment, just would like to see some practices.

I think if they just let people watch. No autograph sessions, no open skate, no expectations whatsoever from the players. Just let people in.
You mean people who'll try to take photos or talk on cellphones? Nah, players know when they're being watched, its a bit distracting and its been mentioned, the rink isnt equipped for it.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Practice....who needs it......

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. (more laughter)

24 Times...go ahead and count it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...on_transcript/

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:21 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You mean people who'll try to take photos or talk on cellphones? Nah, players know when they're being watched, its a bit distracting and its been mentioned, the rink isnt equipped for it.
No reason why there cant be strict rules.

BTW players get watched by thousands of fans during a game, so I think they have figured out a way deal with it.

I have been to the training center for a practice and it is equipped to handle about 100 or so people.

Old
07-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
No reason why there cant be strict rules.

BTW players get watched by thousands of fans during a game, so I think they have figured out a way deal with it.

I have been to the training center for a practice and it is equipped to handle about 100 or so people.
Is that where you got the Avatar??

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:29 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDragFan View Post
Is that where you got the Avatar??
Yep.

Such a great experience, too. I think everyone should be able to do it at least once.

You see so many things you would never see in a game. Like Poti deaking the shorts off Ville in a one on one drill; or JJ saying something that had Hossa laughing uncontrollably for 5 minutes; or when some little kids were yelling "Ville, Ville" and pounding the glass, Ville turned around and started pounding the glass back.