HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Detroit as Sellers?

Old
02-23-2013, 02:40 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
But seriously, I don't see Kronwall getting traded. He's struggling now but many of the kids need to step up before we could trade him. And maybe hit in FA.

I'd love to work something around Reinhart but I guess he's untouchable.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Can the Hawks has Datsyuk pls?
If we suck next year too, and he wants to go for one last cup run an you're willing to pay the price then yes.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Can the Hawks has Datsyuk pls?
Sure.

Hossa, Bolland, Saad and 2 1st's.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
If we suck next year too, and he wants to go for one last cup run an you're willing to pay the price then yes.
Teuvo Teravainen, 2013 1st, Dylan Olsen. Right now. Lets do it.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
I'll pass. Sign Howard to a 3-4 year contract and wait for Mrazek to come up.
meh, not me.

i dont think howard is good enough will get paid no less then 4 million a season and simply can not carry a defensively weak team(which is what we are and will be for the next number of years)

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:51 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
meh, not me.

i dont think howard is good enough will get paid no less then 4 million a season and simply can not carry a defensively weak team(which is what we are and will be for the next number of years)
I would tend to agree with you but, realistically, the Red Wings won't be contending for a Stanley Cup for at least a couple years. There is no need to take on Luongo's contract.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
I would tend to agree with you but, realistically, the Red Wings won't be contending for a Stanley Cup for at least a couple years.
exactly and thats why luongo would be such a brillant move

he would allow the kids to develop and make mistakes without knowing everytime they do its in the back of the net, that confidence would do wonders in my opinion anyhow

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Would Detroit have any interest in Schneider if they're looking to retool?

Although if we deal either goalie I'd like for either Franzen or Flippula to be coming the other way.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Howard plus Jurco to Vancouver for Luongo.....
Did you have too much to drink last night? Stupid trade for both teams.

Quote:
I would say the odds of Holland buying out Sammy is 1:100,000. Sucks, but it is what it is.
You're probably right, but I'd say there's a good chance considering we have to resign Howard/Filppula/Brunner/Smith/Nyquist and there's a chance of a defender like Bouwmeester, Martin, or Kaberle being bought out and available.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:59 PM
wingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Although if we deal either goalie I'd like for either Franzen or Flippula to be coming the other way.
I'd definitely consider Luongo, maybe this:

Van gets:
Johan Franzen
Jimmy Howard

Det gets:
Roberto Luongo
Alex Edler

We swap bad contracts(Franzen/Luongo) and swap upcoming ufa's which are positions of need for both teams. I'd be cool if we threw in a 2014 1st or 2013 2nd if need be.

Edit: I'm an idiot, Edler was resigned, wasn't he?

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Shoryuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post

Van gets:
Johan Franzen
Jimmy Howard

Det gets:
Roberto Luongo
Alex Edler

We swap bad contracts(Franzen/Luongo) and swap upcoming ufa's which are positions of need for both teams. I'd be cool if we threw in a 2014 1st or 2013 2nd if need be.
Edler's not a UFA anymore, and I have no idea why Vancouver would want Howard.

Shoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:

Van gets:
Johan Franzen
Jimmy Howard

Det gets:
Roberto Luongo
Alex Edler

Edler re-signed for a 6-year extension. And even if he hadn't that wouldn't make much sense for us.

Schneider for Flippula + Jurco/Ouellet or Luongo for Franzen + Jurco/Ouellet depending on which goalie we end up trading makes sense to me.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:08 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
i would absolutely love kronwall on the isles, what would it take?
It would take a top 4/5 dman + a top prospect. He may be having a horrible year but he is one of the best #2/#3 dmen in the game when he can play his style. I'm not sure how may dmen would be doing well when you have to play with a rookie who isn't the greatest at anything, and is somewhat weak defensively.

Something like A.MacDonald+Strome would have to come back for us to move Kronwall. He just means that much to us, he's a leader and is signed to a good contract going forward. It's a lot to pay but it's what I think it would cost to get him.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Could a deal be worked around Franzen and Hamhuis?
I'm afraid not. With Edler playing his off side, Hamhuis is hands down our best defender until Edler gets it going.

Quote:
No. It would probably be only futures we could offer.
Or lesser roster players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Jensen.
Nope. It's not a value thing, but he's our best prospect and pretty much our future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I think Detroit is at a point where they really need to look at moving Franzen. His worth (even with his contract) will be pretty high at the deadline due to his playoff histories. So your normal 1st and a prospect.

From Vancouver something like

1st and Connauton
I could live with this. I'm not nuts about it, but I could live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Only if you agree to tank after the trade is made so that we can get high enough to grab Lindholm.
Quote:
I could live with that. If I could I would try to push of the 1st to 2014 just because, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.
If it's a 2014 pick, and we win the cup this year.....sure Lindholm wouldn't be there any more is all.

Quote:

If so, we can do something big and beneficial for both sides me thinks.

Quote:

Van gets:
Johan Franzen
Jimmy Howard

Det gets:
Roberto Luongo
Alex Edler

I'm sure you'd consider it, but we wouldn't. Our best goalie (sorry Schneider fans) and our number one defender in the making (playing off side, but he will adjust eventually), both on very good contracts, for what amounts to a UFA back up and Franzen. If we were to include Edler, now that he's signed, and one of our top goalies, we'd want Zetts or Datsyuk. That wouldn't be a retool, that would be knocking the Red Wings, and the Canucks, plans for the last 6 or 7 years to rubble and starting over.

As for bad contracts...we have no qualms about keeping Luongo's contract with the play he's giving us this year. We should have been threatening to trade him from day one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Edler's not a UFA anymore, and I have no idea why Vancouver would want Howard.
Bingo. Howard would be for cap/salary purposes, or a sheer rental with Lack out for some time yet.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:

Not at the cost it would take to get him. He have Mrazek coming along nicely & Howard's stats aren't a reflection of his play so far this year. He has really only had 1 or 2 bad games the rest are just bad defensive breakdowns. And imo the difference between Schneider/Luongo and Howard isn't Filppula+top prospect.

How is Gaunce doing this year? I know he's on a stacked Bulls team and he is around a P/G but stats can be misleading. What's his ETA and where do you think he'll end up playing?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Edler re-signed for a 6-year extension. And even if he hadn't that wouldn't make much sense for us.

Schneider for Flippula + Jurco/Ouellet or Luongo for Franzen + Jurco/Ouellet depending on which goalie we end up trading makes sense to me.
I could live with this as well. Once again, not crazy about it, but combining two proposals....what about Flip, Franzen and Jurco or Ouellet for Schneider, Connauton and our first in 2014?

Drop the prospect from Detroit and our pick? Or drop both prospects? +/-?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Not at the cost it would take to get him. He have Mrazek coming along nicely & Howard's stats aren't a reflection of his play so far this year. He has really only had 1 or 2 bad games the rest are just bad defensive breakdowns. And imo the difference between Schneider/Luongo and Howard isn't Filppula+top prospect.

How is Gaunce doing this year? I know he's on a stacked Bulls team and he is around a P/G but stats can be misleading. What's his ETA and where do you think he'll end up playing?
Gaunce is doing well, he's probably our most exendable "A" prospect, with Henrik, Kesler, and now Schroeder down the middle. We'll probably be developing him slowly, although he probably could make the NHL if he were on a weaker team(although I don't see Detroit as a team to rush him in either). His upside is probably someone like ROR, but is a safe bet to be at least a good third liner.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

I'd say, given our system, 2 years ish. He might push for next season, but with Schroeder as our potential 3C, and the time we take to polish our prospects of late...he should be ready very soon, but we might have him play in the AHL or back in Junior as long as we can.

I'd expect him to start as a shutdown second at his high end potential, likely starting out as a 3C or possibly a 4C depending on how a team is structured.

I'm not against moving him, but my sort of estimate to his value is Plekanec for Gaunce+pick. So with Detroit...well I have a hard time finding that sort of value from players with that sort of skill set given contract concerns. If Filppula was signed to a similar contract, I'd add a little bit to my guesstimate.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:20 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

vCash: 50
I can see the interest in Franzen but I doubt Gilman can fit in his salary long term.

Major interest in Helm. Left hand #3C who can make our 4th line a legit shutdown line. Can also move up with Hansen/Raymond and make it even faster than with Schroeder.

KeninsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:22 PM
HTT3*

I think the last thing DRWs need is a goalie. Howard hasn't been bad considering the AHL/noob dmen in front of him (and the fact Detroit has more lost man games than history of the mankind), and Mrazek looks like he could be a star in the making. I am also very impress with monster.

Wings need top prospects and picks. Not aging goalies.

Last edited by HTT3*: 02-23-2013 at 03:33 PM.
HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:23 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I could live with this as well. Once again, not crazy about it, but combining two proposals....what about Flip, Franzen and Jurco or Ouellet for Schneider, Connauton and our first in 2014?

Drop the prospect from Detroit and our pick? Or drop both prospects? +/-?
No way we trade away 2 of our top 6 wingers in the same trade. We'd want a 2013 1st & we don't need Schneider.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
No way we trade away 2 of our top 6 wingers in the same trade. We'd want a 2013 1st & we don't need Schneider.
Next time, I'd ask you lead with the last statement, that's the strongest counter.

Sans Schneider, it's back to K-Conn+1st for Franzen, which again, I could live with, while not being crazy about it with Kassian and Weise net crashing and Schroeder and Raymond contributing offensively.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I can see the interest in Franzen but I doubt Gilman can fit in his salary long term.

Major interest in Helm. Left hand #3C who can make our 4th line a legit shutdown line. Can also move up with Hansen/Raymond and make it even faster than with Schroeder.
Helm is their Hansen is all. As in short of a massive overpayment, for a third liner mind you, we will not see Helm moved.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
LarKing

Helm isn't moving unless it's for a huge overpayment. He's basically untouchable.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Demko

I like the idea of Franzen coming to Van. Another big body that can go hard to the net. Also maybe Kronwall...? I read earlier that DET wanted a 4/5 dman. I know Ballard has been playing really well, but I'd give him up to get the "Kronwall" as well as a pick/prospect on top (going to DET).

Franzen
Kronwall

for

Ballard
Connauton
Gaunce
1st

Demko is offline   Reply With Quote