HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Left Winger for Sundin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2003, 07:20 AM
  #1
habs9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Left Winger for Sundin

If Huselius is available I always thought he would look good on Sundin's left wing with Renberg. I like Sundin and Mogilny but more because they are two gifted players than because they are such a good fit together and I like Sundin and Renberg just as much if you can replace Mogilny's offense. Sundin has never had that offensive left winger.

I think this would leave Antropov with Mogilny and I think they compliment each other and no I am not just matching nationalities.

Maybe Sundin being Swedish could help bring the talents of Huselius out more than he is showing in Florida but Antropov/Mogilny compliment each other because A moves the puck fast and provides size and Mogilny knows what to do with it especially when he gets space.

Although if Roberts didnt play with them a third line could be Roberts Nieuwendyk and Nolan and I think that could be an awesome playoff line.

Of course they still need defense but more complimentary offense can't hurt and you have to act when the opportunity arises if he is available.

Perhaps Tucker and a young D and some picks? or even Stajan and a little more for Huselius?

habs9 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 07:44 AM
  #2
Wabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs9
If Huselius is available I always thought he would look good on Sundin's left wing with Renberg. I like Sundin and Mogilny but more because they are two gifted players than because they are such a good fit together and I like Sundin and Renberg just as much if you can replace Mogilny's offense. Sundin has never had that offensive left winger.

I think this would leave Antropov with Mogilny and I think they compliment each other and no I am not just matching nationalities.

Maybe Sundin being Swedish could help bring the talents of Huselius out more than he is showing in Florida but Antropov/Mogilny compliment each other because A moves the puck fast and provides size and Mogilny knows what to do with it especially when he gets space.

Although if Roberts didnt play with them a third line could be Roberts Nieuwendyk and Nolan and I think that could be an awesome playoff line.

Of course they still need defense but more complimentary offense can't hurt and you have to act when the opportunity arises if he is available.

Perhaps Tucker and a young D and some picks? or even Stajan and a little more for Huselius?
stajan is untouchable
especially for a soft players like Huselius

Wabs is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 07:53 AM
  #3
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs9
If Huselius is available I always thought he would look good on Sundin's left wing with Renberg. I like Sundin and Mogilny but more because they are two gifted players than because they are such a good fit together and I like Sundin and Renberg just as much if you can replace Mogilny's offense. Sundin has never had that offensive left winger.

Perhaps Tucker and a young D and some picks? or even Stajan and a little more for Huselius?
I think Tucker straight across would be enough, perhaps a touch too much, but I'd consider it.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 07:58 AM
  #4
ACC1224
Steelers 7 - 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bye week, thankfully
Posts: 29,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabs
stajan is untouchable
especially for a soft players like Huselius
I'd hardly say he's untouchable and he also could be termed a soft player...I wouldn't use him for this deal but to say he is untouchable is silly.

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:33 AM
  #5
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,314
vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
I'd hardly say he's untouchable and he also could be termed a soft player...I wouldn't use him for this deal but to say he is untouchable is silly.
Stajan is not really soft, hes not going to knock guys on their ass but he finishes his checks. I also agree that he's not untouchable

Pinto is online now  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:34 AM
  #6
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
I'd hardly say he's untouchable and he also could be termed a soft player...I wouldn't use him for this deal but to say he is untouchable is silly.
I agree I wouldn't trade Stajan , NO ONE is truely untouchable though...

I do like Huselius and thought often he might be a good fit in TO, ...but one of the reason I thought that and one of the mandate's of GM Fergy should be to make the Leafs younger while still keeping them competitive...

Trading Stajan one of the Few Leaf forwards that is HOME GROWN so to speak makes no sense..if that is the goal..

I too would be focussing on Tucker...as Salary and Style and age wise he is tradeable asset...

Then you have to ask yourself ..Who would be better to have that gives you a better chance to win the cup today, and in the future and if sacrificing a little to day is worth a brighter tomorrow POSSIBLY...

Mess is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:44 AM
  #7
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabs
stajan is untouchable
especially for a soft players like Huselius
I don't think you mean untouchable but...

I agree in a way that if you are going to trade Carlo or Stajan or Steen the deal has to be so obvious that even the majority of the posters on here would make the deal...If that TOP Dman became available, that was going to be around for many years or a team is unloading a young Superstar say Gaborik or Lecavilier etc... otherwise he stay the course and try to build your foundation with what you have scouted and drafted yourself..

I would love nothing more than to watch Stajan & Steen and Jeremy Williams and Colaiacovo wearing Blue and White and buzzing around the ACC ice ..

Mess is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:50 AM
  #8
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
I think Roberts need to remain on Sundin's line. Those two make each other better when they play together.

Nieuwendyk, Antropov and Tucker all can play left wing as well so I dont really see a need for Huselius. Although he'd be a nice asset to acquire, I dont see him fitting into this team very well at the moment.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 09:11 AM
  #9
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
I think Roberts need to remain on Sundin's line. Those two make each other better when they play together.

Nieuwendyk, Antropov and Tucker all can play left wing as well so I dont really see a need for Huselius. Although he'd be a nice asset to acquire, I dont see him fitting into this team very well at the moment.
What if it was Antropov for Huselius??? There NHL point totals are similar to this point in their careers.. Ant is a bit younger but far more injury prone..

That would solve your LW problem you suggest NO?? Not to mention that Nieuwendyk and Roberts are no spring chickens and Ant and Niewy are both natural Centers...so you kind have move things arround to create a logjam at LW ...which really isn't there.. Sundin to can play wing as most centers can if need be..but its not the natural position..

If Huselius was a natural centre than you would have a stronger point IMO than the other way around..

Mess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.