HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm sold. Take that kid with one of our second round pick!
Calgary would probably take him 1st overall the way they draft

Old
02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
S Bah

What players I would like the Habs to draft are in the 1st rd.;Zadorov,Wennberg, Nicushkin,Gauthier,Zykov,Hartman,Lazar,in that order depending upon whose available.In the 2nd rd.Carrier,Mantha,Tyler Hill,or as fill-ins Moutrey,Poirier,Diaby,Hurley,De la Rose, Bailey,Nastasiuk,M.O.Roy.Third Rd. anyone left from the above or Morin,Dano,Fasching, Etchegary,Dunn,McCormick,Hayden. An ideal draft would land the Habs, Zadorov/Wennberg in the first rd.either would be great.The 2nd rd. Zykov,Diaby,Carrier /Hill and then the 3rd rd. Bailey/Poirier/Morin.Just trying to get a good cross section of talent,desire,leadership and size for both the wingers and the defence.Goalies I've put on hold until Tokarski is given as good a chance as Meyer was given to prove he's a very capable backup to Price.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Mrb1p

Gauthier is a big floater. Hate him so far.

I guess this is just a really bad game from him because he's damn near horrible. Not doing nothign at all and he's slow. Made 3-4 pass right on the tape of Sags player, he was just floating around always in his own territory. If thats what he brings to the table I'll be incredibly angry to draft him. Hope the leafs take him.

Is Deluca eligible ? He looked good even tough he's small. Scored a shutout goal.

Dauphin is a nice prospect too!

Last edited by Mrb1p: 02-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 09:54 PM
That

Thanks for the info on Hill, Halifaxhab. I really appreciate posts like those, especially on prospects that aren't often talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Gauthier is a big floater. Hate him so far.

I guess this is just a really bad game from him because he's damn near horrible. Not doing nothign at all and he's slow. Made 3-4 pass right on the tape of Sags player, he was just floating around always in his own territory. If thats what he brings to the table I'll be incredibly angry to draft him. Hope the leafs take him.
I'm a huge fan of Gauthier and I barely even notice him tonight. When I did, it was because he was making poor passing, or blew his coverage. He was beyond terrible.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Thanks for the info on Hill, Halifaxhab. I really appreciate posts like those, especially on prospects that aren't often talked about.

I'm a huge fan of Gauthier and I barely even notice him tonight. When I did, it was because he was making poor passing, or blew his coverage. He was beyond terrible.
Is this a first for Gauthier or he has that style of games regulary?

Old
02-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

No problem. I try not to hit my friend up too much for info (hates shoptalk) but he volunteered the info.

As for Gauthier. I've seen him live a couple times, and on TV a couple times. He relies on his size to help him alot. he has higher end skills but he isn't very consistent. some shifts he dominates, others he is invisible. But he is young and learning, so that will fall to his work ethic.

He'd be a good pick if we were in the last 1/3rd of the 1st round

Old
02-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Gauthier may be hitting a rookie wall. From what I can tell, he only played 44 games last year.

His offensive production has completely fallen off since January 23rd.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
sukimono

Anthony Mantha with 45 goals, 80 points in 58 gp.

I'd be thrilled if we manage to draft him early in the 2nd round possibly with that calgary pick we have.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:03 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post

I'd be thrilled if we manage to draft him early in the 2nd round possibly with that calgary pick we have.
No doubt. But at this point, it'd be very surprising he's still available in the 2nd.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Picaroon

Quote:

I definitely haven't seen enough of his play to really have a solid opinion on him, but to me he sounds like a perfect pick for us. I can see Montreal drafting around #20 and I would definitely move one of our 2nds to get up in to a position to draft him. Seems like he'll be going around #15? Is Pacioretty a good comparison?

Old
02-23-2013, 02:02 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
I definitely haven't seen enough of his play to really have a solid opinion on him, but to me he sounds like a perfect pick for us. I can see Montreal drafting around #20 and I would definitely move one of our 2nds to get up in to a position to draft him. Seems like he'll be going around #15? Is Pacioretty a good comparison?
No. I've read someone compare him to Neal on here and I think it's bang on.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:25 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/spo...e-son-reve.php

French article on Sorensen who says he has a soft spot for the Habs, but would prefer to play in a city where the weather is nicer

Old
02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/spo...e-son-reve.php

French article on Sorensen who says he has a soft spot for the Habs, but would preferably prefer to play in a city where the weather is nicer
Sorensen is my little man-crush this year. I love all about him.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Mrb1p

And about Lipon... Any chances he falls past the 3rd round ? I'd love to draft him he looks damn great...

Old
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I wonder if the Habs had anyone in Denver last night scouting the game. Not sure where Quentin Shore is ranked but he's having a solid Freshman year and his brother may be the best player on the team. Not sure how he compares to the other brother that plays for the panthers but he's someone that might be of interest along with overager Nolan Zajac who was passed over last year in the USHL but is having a big season for a Freshman as an offensive D.

Another Freshman i've been impressed with is Michigan's Andrew Copp, might be worth a look in the later rounds.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Mrb1p

Any players to watch for this draft on Sherbrooke ?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
I don't think so, they mostly have 2014 guys.

Dauphin looks really good in this TVA Sports game so far. I'd love to get him with our middle 2nd rounder.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
No. I've read someone compare him to Neal on here and I think it's bang on.
That definitely works for me!

Old
02-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I don't think so, they mostly have 2014 guys.

Dauphin looks really good in this TVA Sports game so far. I'd love to get him with our middle 2nd rounder.
He does, he has some soft hands and great speed.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
That

Went to the Barrie Colts-Guelph Storm game tonight, it was a pretty exciting game and there was a few draft eligible players.

Jason Dickinson is the most notable among them. He's been playing centre as of late, but was playing right wing, and then went back to centre late in the game. I felt he didn't really have the greatest game. He created offence, but looked lost defensively. It was pretty evident right away how skilled he is. Great skater, fast, good acceleration, and very shifty. He didn't use his shot at all, but he did show off his hands and was able to dangle around a few players. He made a nice steal on the blue line and got a partial breakaway which he got too fancy on. Overall, I really liked his skills, but he left a lot to be desired, and in all honesty that tends to happen more often than not with him.

I really liked what I saw of 6'7 winger Justin Auger. His skating is pretty bad, his stride looks really short and he was falling all over the place. For a big guy, he has wicked hands. He seems to have the puck on a string. However, he was pretty quiet up until the second, and he looked absolutely lost in his own zone. He hammered one of the Colts into the boards and then went straight to the net, where he made a cool between-the-legs tip. As the game went on, he became more physical and took runs at a few people. Once he bulks up, he's going to be scary to play against.

The most impressive draft eligible though was Erik Bradford. The centre has been a huge surprise for me this year. I wasn't really expecting much, but he's become a solid two-way guy who plays with a lot of heart. His skating is pretty good and he made multiple good passes, but his most noticeable asset was his hockey sense. He was positioned very well and made good plays. When the Colts were up 2-0 and on the PK, he went down to block a shot and then made a diving poke check to send the puck down the ice.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't see him sliding out of the 1st round. If we keep having a strong year he may be gone by our 1st pick. He could go as high as 15-20.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gauthier may be hitting a rookie wall. From what I can tell, he only played 44 games last year.

His offensive production has completely fallen off since January 23rd.
Word in Rimouski is that he has been playing injured (right leg) lately. If so, he should take a few games off to be ready for the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Vladislav Lysenko. Hits like a Mack truck. Think Emelin. He has a pretty hard slapshot too. When he keeps things simple he's pretty good. When he doesn't he turns the puck over. Not the best first pass, but decent.

Would take a look at him late in the draft.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Word in Rimouski is that he has been playing injured (right leg) lately. If so, he should take a few games off to be ready for the playoffs.
As long as it's not mono.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:15 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
As long as it's not mono.
Why not, that means he would fall to us

Closed Thread