HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2013, 10:24 PM
  #726
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Nice to see Omark playing well, too bad he isn't 6'2", 220lbs with grit and toughness.
He could also use some heart, leadership and humility.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
  #727
Krigaren*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
He could also use some heart, leadership and humility.
To call a guy constantly going to the boards against guys twice his size to not have heart is a joke. Especially when the entire oilers team lacks all those things.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM
  #728
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
To call a guy constantly going to the boards against guys twice his size to not have heart is a joke. Especially when the entire oilers team lacks all those things.
You know why he's "constantly" going against guys "twice his size"?

Because he's VERY SMALL.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:41 PM
  #729
icing
Registered User
 
icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You know why he's "constantly" going against guys "twice his size"?

Because he's VERY SMALL.
Well, his size wasn't in question. His heart was. I have never seen Omark as a "lazy" player that does not want to get into "dirty" and tough situation.. If he gave that impression in Edmonton something else than his heart was the reason for that.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
  #730
Tommy35
Registered User
 
Tommy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
You know why he's "constantly" going against guys "twice his size"?

Because he's VERY SMALL.
It's a different game now with the new rules., size doesn't matter, ask Martin ST.Louis., whose even smaller., Difference being is that Martin had the luxury of playing with quality players where Omark didn't. Good for him for moving on., I'd still luv to see him on this team now with all the young talent

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:06 PM
  #731
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
It's a different game now with the new rules., size doesn't matter, ask Martin ST.Louis
I stopped here, because you actually used Martin St. Louis, FORMER HART WINNER, as a reference for Omark because of size.

Here's the difference, if Omark had 1/4 the work ethic, attitude, hockey sense and tenacity of St Louis, he'd be a top-6 forward across the NHL. Martin St. Louis was a success in the "OLD NHL", so I get the "rule changes", but the reality is that Omark is VERY SMALL and that's why he has to go against guys "twice his size"

Geez

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:08 PM
  #732
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Well, his size wasn't in question. His heart was. I have never seen Omark as a "lazy" player that does not want to get into "dirty" and tough situation.. If he gave that impression in Edmonton something else than his heart was the reason for that.
Yup, but if you follow the thread to my recent post that has been reference/quoted by other posters You'll not I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Nice to see Omark playing well, too bad he isn't 6'2", 220lbs with grit and toughness.
Because this is the major issue for the Oilers right now, not a lack of skill. Which is, frankly, a welcome change.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
  #733
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
  #734
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?
I'd take that and run.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:57 PM
  #735
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?
Detroit wouldn't take that package for Samuelsson.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
  #736
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?
Stefan Kronwall right? Because that is LITERALLY the only way it would come close to happening.

Sounds like someone finished making a trade in NHL13

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  #737
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?
Not a chance Detroit makes that trade, I wish.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:25 AM
  #738
Thorulf
Registered User
 
Thorulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Omark had two pts (0+2) yesterday when Zug won against SC Bern.


<mod edit>


Last edited by s7ark: 02-28-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: cleanup
Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
  #739
Matte99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I stopped here, because you actually used Martin St. Louis, FORMER HART WINNER, as a reference for Omark because of size.

Here's the difference, if Omark had 1/4 the work ethic, attitude, hockey sense and tenacity of St Louis, he'd be a top-6 forward across the NHL. Martin St. Louis was a success in the "OLD NHL", so I get the "rule changes", but the reality is that Omark is VERY SMALL and that's why he has to go against guys "twice his size"

Geez
Jimmi, this looks more like a showing of dislike than something related to Omark.

The main issue with Omark was his defensive play, his speed and his shot. (the main issue with Linus and Oilers where that influx of talented players that pushed Omark into a situation where he wasnt able to play from his strength)

The fact you dont understand him doesnt make his attitude bad.
He worked very hard so that wasnt an issue.
He has pretty good hockey sense, excellent playmaker, so i dont see your point here either.

47GP 17G 52A 69Pts +18 122SOG
If Linus had the shot and speed of St Louis he would have been playing for the Oilers. (or somewhere else in the league)


Last edited by Matte99: 02-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
  #740
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars
 
t0psh3lfclu7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
does omark go through waivers if he comes back

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:07 PM
  #741
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte99 View Post
Jimmi, this looks more like a showing of dislike than something related to Omark.
No it doesn't not in the least, it's just I don't view him through the rosiest of glasses. I see him for what he is, a very small, skilled player who's better suited to be in Europe.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:09 PM
  #742
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
Omark had two pts (0+2) yesterday when Zug won against SC Bern.

Now let's just wait for Jimmi J, Psycho or someone else of the Omark-haters to explain that the swiss league sucks, or maybe point out Linus lack of size...
It's because he's very good in Europe. On larger ice surfaces, with lesser players, he thrives in that environment, which is great for him.

<mod edit>


Last edited by s7ark: 02-28-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: cleanup
Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:26 PM
  #743
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Omark, Whitney + 2:nd 2014 to Detroit for Kronwall and Samuelsson.

Any takers?
Wow.

Really?

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #744
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
does omark go through waivers if he comes back
I don't think so, because he's still protected as an RFA(I think) it would be the same for ROR

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  #745
Matte99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
No it doesn't not in the least, it's just I don't view him through the rosiest of glasses. I see him for what he is, a very small, skilled player who's better suited to be in Europe.

There's nothing wrong with that.
If you had written this, i would agree, nothing wrong with it. He is small, skilled and better suited for Europe.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:59 PM
  #746
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte99 View Post
If you had written this, i would agree, nothing wrong with it. He is small, skilled and better suited for Europe.
It is what I wrote, but to mention him in the same breath as Martin St. Louis is beyond wrong, they aren't even close in any way other then they are both not big and play hockey.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:57 PM
  #747
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,656
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
Omark had two pts (0+2) yesterday when Zug won against SC Bern.
<mod edit>.
Nobody hates him. All these apples will make him a pretty penny in Switzerland for a long time. The fact that he was our 4th rounder is a thumbs-up to our scouting staff. That he panned out to be an average option on the worst NHL team, or a great AHLer, or the assist leader in the Swiss League, are all accomplishments. Good for him.


Last edited by s7ark: 02-28-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: cleanup
Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
  #748
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,385
vCash: 500
Linus Omark was tougher on the puck in the offensive zone than the majority of the current oilers during his time year. He has no future here and alas when you fall out of favor with this team and even dare not to meekly bow to the powers that be you usually get black balled by the team.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
  #749
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Linus Omark was tougher on the puck in the offensive zone than the majority of the current oilers during his time year. He has no future here and alas when you fall out of favor with this team and even dare not to meekly bow to the powers that be you usually get black balled by the team.
That's probably what happened

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:37 PM
  #750
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Is there a "Cult of Omark" in Sweden or something?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.