HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goal song

Old
07-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Goal song

Hey I just wanted to know if any of us heard about if the goal song for 06-07 will still be Vertigo? I (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one) really miss the 03-04 (or 02-03?! or both??) song! I hate Vertigo :\

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Montrealer

I miss the old one, but I have to admit that as much as I disliked the choice of Vertigo as a goal song (even though I like U2 and the song itself), I find myself listening to the Buzz (99.9FM) in the car, and then the song plays....

and in my mind I'm back in April, and the Habs have just scored. Visions of Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Ribs, Higgins, Pleks, Souray, Markov and Huet dance in my head.

So I guess I now associate it with the Habs, and it's pretty awesome to have that feeling in the middle of July.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:35 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I miss the old one, but I have to admit that as much as I disliked the choice of Vertigo as a goal song (even though I like U2 and the song itself), I find myself listening to the Buzz (99.9FM) in the car, and then the song plays....

and in my mind I'm back in April, and the Habs have just scored. Visions of Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Ribs, Higgins, Pleks, Souray, Markov and Huet dance in my head.

So I guess I now associate it with the Habs, and it's pretty awesome to have that feeling in the middle of July.
Heretic!
I'll dig tomorrow to find the goal song threads.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:36 AM
CrazyShea

U2 suck , Vertigo is a crap song and it maybe the worst goal song i have ever heard. Only U2 song that would be remotly close to a good goal song would be elevation. Bring back the old song!!!

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:36 AM
sandman08

they should make it that coup de boule song haha

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 12:38 AM
CrazyShea

They should make a Michael Jackson song so Kovalev can moonwalk whenever he scores

Old
07-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
U2 suck , Vertigo is a crap song and it maybe the worst goal song i have ever heard. Only U2 song that would be remotly close to a good goal song would be elevation. Bring back the old song!!!
I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive, judging by your response. And I'm only 28 (soon 29)!

I haven't been a huge fan of their most recent work, but their 80s and early 90s work is absolutely fawesome. Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby!, Zooropa...... this was the music of my teenage years..

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I wnat the old song back

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:20 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive, judging by your response. And I'm only 28 (soon 29)!

I haven't been a huge fan of their most recent work, but their 80s and early 90s work is absolutely fawesome. Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby!, Zooropa...... this was the music of my teenage years..
I won't bother to argue why U2 and self serving bono suck seeing how this is a goal song thread. Whether or not your a U2 fan you should see that vertigo sucks as a goal song. Everytime the habs scored it reminded me of those stupid ipod commercials. I was just waiting for bright colors to start flashing on the screen. The old song would put chills through me whenever i heard it but vertigo use to make me mute the tv and turn the old song on from my playlist. Anyway hopfully seeing gainey hasnt spent much money on the ufa crop he should use that money to sign the rights to a decent song

Old
07-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Le Maroons

I'm 27 and I hate U2, lol. I don't like the song itself and I don't like it being the goal song. The goal song doesn't have to be a great song though, it just has to make sense.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:44 AM
znk

Quote:
I won't bother to argue why U2 and self serving bono suck seeing how this is a goal song thread. Whether or not your a U2 fan you should see that vertigo sucks as a goal song. Everytime the habs scored it reminded me of those stupid ipod commercials. I was just waiting for bright colors to start flashing on the screen. The old song would put chills through me whenever i heard it but vertigo use to make me mute the tv and turn the old song on from my playlist. Anyway hopfully seeing gainey hasnt spent much money on the ufa crop he should use that money to sign the rights to a decent song
Lets make things clear. The old song rocks...I dont like have Vertigo as a goal song. But U2 does not suck. And I would like you to explain to me what make Bono self servicing?

Quote:
In 1984, Bono appeared in Band Aid and reprised his role in the 2004 Band Aid 20. He also performed at Live Aid in 1985, and Live 8 in 2005. Since 1999, he has become increasingly involved in campaigning for third-world debt relief and the plight of Africa.

In March 2002, Bono travelled to the White House for a special private meeting with President George W. Bush, who had just unveiled a $5 billion aid package for the world's poorest countries that respect human rights. He also accompanied the President for a speech on the White House lawn. "This is an important first step, and a serious and impressive new level of commitment... This must happen urgently, because this is a crisis." [1]

In May 2002, he took US Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill on a four-country tour of Africa. Also that year, Bono set up an organization called "DATA", which stands for Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa. The focus of the organization is to raise awareness about what he claims are Africa's unpayable debts, uncontrolled spread of AIDS, and unfair trade rules that hurt the continent's poor citizens.

He made a speech during the inauguration of Paul Martin as Canada's prime minister, who in turn pledged to help with the global crisis. In 2005, in a time that some claimed Martin was facing "political destruction", Bono spoke on CBC Radio "bashing" Martin for being slow at increasing Canada's foreign aid. Following this a spokesperson for the Prime Minister pointed out that the budget has seen an 8% increase to aid and that "Rather than set an artificial deadline, the prime minister has focused on real increases measured in real dollars each and every year."

In the spring of 2005 Bono, Ali Hewson and New York-based Irish fashion designer Rogan Gregory launched the socially conscious line EDUN. This has been an attempt to shift the focus in Africa from aid to trade. By utilizing factories in Africa, South America, and India which provide fair wages to the workers and practice good business ethics EDUN will hopefully create a business model which will encourage others to invest in developing nations.

Bono and Moya Brennan in the Clannad video "In A Lifetime".Along with Bob Geldof, Bono has come under fire from radical journalist George Monbiot for getting too close to those in power, and therefore running the risk of legitimising their actions. Monbiot dubbed the pair ([2]) "Bards of the Powerful" in his Guardian article in June 2005.

In July, Bono played a fundamental role in the effort to organize and publicize Live 8, a series of 10 concerts around the globe aimed at encouraging the representatives of the world's industrialized countries at the Group of Eight Summit to write off Africa's enormous debt, reform trade policy, and grant a great deal more aid for crises such as the AIDS epidemic.

Bono meets Brazil's President, Lula da Silva about world poverty eradication. He also donated a guitar to the Fome Zero program.Later in the year, before Paul Wolfowitz was chosen to replace James Wolfensohn as president of the World Bank, Bono was spoken about as a serious candidate for the position. United States Secretary of the Treasury John Snow said about Bono on the ABC news talk program This Week: "He's somebody I admire. He does a lot of good in this world of economic development." The selection process for the position is by member governments, however, and his selection was considered unlikely.

In December of 2005, he was named by TIME as one of the Persons of the Year, along with Bill and Melinda Gates. An article by former senator Jesse Helms appears in a special issue of May's Time magazine,"Times 100 most influential people".

On Feb 2, 2006 Bono spoke in advance of United States President George W. Bush at the 54th Annual National Prayer Breakfast, held at the Hilton Washington Hotel. In a speech peppered with biblical references, Bono encouraged the care of the socially and economically depressed. His comments included a call for an extra 1% "tithe" of the United States national budget. His Christian views were brought into harmony with other faiths as he noted that Christian, Jewish and Muslim writings universally called for the care of the widow, orphan, and stranger. President Bush appeared uncomfortable receiving praise from the singer-activist for the United States' increases in aid for the African continent. Bono continued by saying much work is left to be done to be a part of God's ongoing purposes.

In February 2003, 2005 & 2006, Bono was among the 191 nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize.
What have you done lately that gives you the right to call him self servicing?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:40 AM
albertonhabsfan

I know there is alot of controversy but Gary Glitter's " Rock and Roll" RULES for a goal song!!!!!!!!!! Vertigo is no goal song, i hate it

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Route66*

You should borrow the BRASS BONANZA from the Hartford Whalers

Route66* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Turbo

I hate U2 as well, always have - I'm 34 so I was a teenager when their popularity exploded in the mid to late 80s. That said, even I can see that their material from that period kills anything they've done afterwards, especially the latest stuff. They're pretty much a bland baby-boomer's band now - at least they were edgy (excuse the pun) back in the 80s.
All this to say I absolutely can't stand last year's goal song.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:37 AM
BigTimer*

I used to like U2 and now I hate them because of this. As if U2 isn't out of place in the first place (?), they also pick the most heinous song possible. I hope the CD/Playlist they use at the Bell Center ****ing burns this summer.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Let's get Bat Country as the song they come out to or their practice song. THat would rock

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Taylorzzz

Ok then,

Lets see a single suggestion from everyone instead of hearing how much they hate the U2 song... I don't like Vertigo either....

Someone make a suggestion to get us started here! No more whining... just song suggestions.

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorzzz View Post
Ok then,

Lets see a single suggestion from everyone instead of hearing how much they hate the U2 song... I don't like Vertigo either....

Someone make a suggestion to get us started here! No more whining... just song suggestions.
Bring l'oreille back.... those oh-oh-oh's worked really well at getting the crowd fired up after a goal.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
there it is!

http://www.loreille.com/movie_f.html

sorry, impossible to give the exact link, you'll have to search a lil' bit.

In "Realisations", then in "Projets speciaux"

Galchenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:51 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I won't bother to argue why U2 and self serving bono suck
What a truly ignorant statement....

Self-serving Bono? Whether you like U2's music or not is irrelevant, but a man spends all of his time working to rid the lesser countires of the world of their international debt and who spends time working on the One Foundation to battle AIDS and is so recognized for his humanitarian work that he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize is clearly not self-serving.

It's a truly idiotic thing to say about a person who's probably done more in one single day to help others then you have in your enitre life.

Get your head of your *** and show some class towards somebody who uses celebrity to help others and try and change the world rather then using it for a good table at whatever restaurant is hip in LA.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Taylorzzz

How about something new? New young team, newly signed players!

Motley Crue - Kickstart MY Heart

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Seek and Destroy OR Battery by Metallica

Maybe not for a goal song.. but for when they get on the ice. It would kick so much ***!

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 07-15-2006 at 11:05 AM.
PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed View Post
there it is!

http://www.loreille.com/movie_f.html

sorry, impossible to give the exact link, you'll have to search a lil' bit.

In "Realisations", then in "Projets speciaux"
I love this song (I have it in my I-pod)
I hope the habs give loreille a project to develop a new goal song... they had it down pat with the last one

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 11:06 AM
clfath

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Lets make things clear. The old song rocks...I dont like have Vertigo as a goal song. But U2 does not suck. And I would like you to explain to me what make Bono self servicing?

What have you done lately that gives you the right to call him self servicing?
Sorry, but Bono is doing all that only to get a nobel prize. He sure is a good talker, but he never put is money where is mouth was.

I also agree that we need a song like Brass Bonanza and stop with those generic 90's 00's songs.

clfath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 11:13 AM
guapo23

We need an Original Song for the GOAL SONG

I was so pissed when they used Vertigo as the new Goal Song.

Why be like all the other teams in the league and play the same old music everybody knows. The HABS tradition demands that we strike our own path and have our own unique original song.

I don't want our goal song to be a song that plays in other teams rinks.
Our goal song should be custom made so that no other team can have it !

It should only be played when WE SCORE.

Besides, I compose music for film & tv for a living and original music composers need the work & exposure more than over-exposed superstars like U2.

So to all in the HABS ORGANIZATION : hire us to compose the song !
We will make an amazing one much better than L'oreille's monotone cheesy track from the previous years...

See our work at
www.finiterecords.com

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote