Whats a "Special Teams" Jets lose 5-3

Old
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotaf7 View Post
Blaming refs for a loss is lame missed calls on both sides crap calls on both sides. Said it before will say it again Kane is a liability for the Jet's!
Kane Wheeler and Our 3rd line scrub are the only forwards that have shown the ability to produce at top line-like levels

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Would really like to see Mittens or Peluso in for Wellwood or anyone else, heck Reggie Leach lives in NJ they could give him a one day contract and play him for Wellwood.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Problem is he's trying to pick the top corners because players keep committing to blocking him. There's no one to pass to because Wellwood is snake bitten and Tangradi... well let's just say I'm still not convinced to him being a positive member of this team.
Is he always benched in the third? Barely see him. I see Wright on the ice more often than Tangradi....

JustBeCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jet
Drop the danged puck

this game was infuriating. Blame the refs all you want but when you're PK is running at 70% you had better not be taking penalties.

The first penalty taken on that 5 on 3 was the beginning of our demise.

Burmistrov's penalty was just awful. How do you take a hooking penalty in the offensive zone up a goal? With the 30th PK??

Teams that have a 3-1 lead and hand the game back to the opposition do not make the playoffs.

A good team locks it down 3-1. They watch their sticks, they flip it out, they lull the other team to sleep. Especially on the road.

I am so angry and disappointed right now I will just leave it at that.

Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Would really like to see Mittens or Peluso in for Wellwood or anyone else, heck Reggie Leach lives in NJ they could give him a one day contract and play him for Wellwood.
The Riverton Rocket

Old
02-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Hansen Brother

vCash: 500
I don't understand it Jokinen on the point either. Bogisian can move the puck very well and so can Postma. I don't think we need Jokinen to play the point.

I actually think Postma would play better defence if he would get to move the puck. He looks better when he touches the puck more in an offensive capacity.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
I STILL want to see more Peluso.
Why not at this point?

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OnionPuck

Quote:

OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
I don't understand it Jokinen on the point either. Bogisian can move the puck very well and so can Postma. I don't think we need Jokinen to play the point.

I actually think Postma would play better defence if he would get to move the puck. He looks better when he touches the puck more in an offensive capacity.
Is Bogo the best player on the jets right now?

Old
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Wellwood needs a shakeup or wakeup call. He's not his self. He's still being a positive possession player with his IQ and pass steals but without everything else he's being a liability.

I say put in Mittens for Welly and put in Peluso for Thor. For what we lose in those two (not much right now), we may gain in everyone else waking the **** up.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
peg

Aside from the brutal reffing:

Clitsome was useless
Postma was totally useless
Tangradi was worse than Clitsome and Postma

and for the most part, Wright was realllly good (a little weak on the backcheck near the end but so were almost everybody).

We need Enstrom back.

Sit Tangradi, move Wright up, and get Peluso in the game.

But the reffing really was brutal and with all of our shortcomings we still should have won the game if not for the reffs.

peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ATLbound

Give Peluso another chance next game. Take out, Tangradi or Thorburn.

Tomorrow is the biggest game of the year. After this game, we should of won. Its a must win. Be interesting to see the effort we come up with after this heart breaker.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hophog

I'm not a Jets fan but watched the game. The officiating is and was horrendous. It seems the officials job, especially in these afternoon games, is to keep the games close which puts the teams with the lead at a disadvantage while they continue to give the losing team power play after power play on one-sided ticky tac calls. The Jets win that game if not for at least two terrible calls. For whatever reason the Flyers seem to be allowed to play a more physical game that is acceptable to the refs but when their opponent matches their physicality they suddenly feel the need to reign it in.

Good game by you guys. Looked like an easy win if the refs would have kept their hands out of the mix.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:04 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
Is he always benched in the third? Barely see him. I see Wright on the ice more often than Tangradi....
Thought Tangradi looked real slow tonight, that's the knock on his game, hadn't really noticed how slow he is until todays game. Wright brings more to the team than Tangradi, aside from not picking up a forward on one play Wright was solid.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Kane cross checked the guy coming in and there was offsetting minors with Hartnel. It's not difficult to comprehend the call.
Watching replay that's a borderline cross-checking at best imho. Both guys (Grossman and Kane) had their gloves and sticks up when they came together.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophog View Post
I'm not a Jets fan but watched the game. The officiating is and was horrendous. It seems the officials job, especially in these afternoon games, is to keep the games close which puts the teams with the lead at a disadvantage while they continue to give the losing team power play after power play on one-sided ticky tac calls. The Jets win that game if not for at least two terrible calls. For whatever reason the Flyers seem to be allowed to play a more physical game that is acceptable to the refs but when their opponent matches their physicality they suddenly feel the need to reign it in.

Good game by you guys. Looked like an easy win if the refs would have kept their hands out of the mix.
we kill those penalties it is a non-story, if this team can figure out there special teams LOOK OUT

Old
02-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Aries56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I STILL want to see more Peluso.
Why not at this point?
ANYONE would be better then Wellwood out there.
I would put Wellwood on waivers (he has zero value) and play Mittens, Peluso or someone from the rock. You know what you're getting with Wellwood... it's time to try someone else.

Aries56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Kane Wheeler and Our 3rd line scrub are the only forwards that have shown the ability to produce at top line-like levels
Agreed. And Little maybe the only one that showed he can produce at secondary levels, IE. 2nd Line. Burmi, is close.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hansen Brother

Quote:
Thought Tangradi looked real slow tonight, that's the knock on his game, hadn't really noticed how slow he is until todays game. Wright brings more to the team than Tangradi, aside from not picking up a forward on one play Wright was solid.
I wouldn't mind seeing Wright rewarded for his effort and moved up next to Jokinen, see if he can put up a few points.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:07 PM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

@ mzappa - that's Anna Kendrick. #Hot

I haven't been a Jokinen critic to this point, but good lord. Dude can't hit the net, he gets a ton of avoidable offsides. He's not creative. Definitely not earning his salary. Trade him for a bag of pucks for all I care.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K
Agreed. And Little maybe the only one that showed he can produce at secondary levels, IE. 2nd Line. Burmi, is close.

??? don't get either comment

Did TSN 1290 shut down their caller line today?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:10 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Watching replay that's a borderline cross-checking at best imho. Both guys (Grossman and Kane) had their gloves and sticks up when they came together.
Agree if Kane gets 4 then each flyer deserved 2.....

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
@ mzappa - that's Anna Kendrick. #Hot

I haven't been a Jokinen critic to this point, but good lord. Dude can't hit the net, he gets a ton of avoidable offsides. He's not creative. Definitely not earning his salary. Trade him for a bag of pucks for all I care.
Jokinen's job is to be a warm body until Scheif is ready for the big league

Old
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Jokinen's job is to be a warm body until Scheif is ready for the big league
Not for 4 mil sorry

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
pcanuck

tough break today, I was watching the Flyers feed and even the commentators were shocked at some of the missed calls. Ladd took several bone crushing hits; one right to the jaw. But the refs played the hometown favs today.

Again, I wonder where the toughness has gone. Kane has to fight? Burmi has become our most physical forward?!? Where was the bodychecking and finishing checks in the second and third period? Why was Peluso not inserted in the lineup? Why wasn't the 4th line playing more? All significant questions that fans continue to ask that go unanswered.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote