HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
You have to remember this is the same guy who blasted the Knights for playing Leroux when Windsor regularly dresses Clark, Bilcke and Bowen. He goes in circles more than a NASCAR driver. Apparently Final 4's only count if you're Windsor.
I was not the only one who criticized the Knights for dressing Leroux when they last played the Spits,Bilcke his last sparing mate was not dressed that nite,Sefton who probably is the toughest Knight was in the lineup
Not sure why u are mentioning Clark in the same breath as Leroux,Bilcke and Bowen
Are aware that Clark scored 12 goals last yr for Oshawa which was more then Tierney,Horvat,Welytcha,Martin and equal to what one of the Ruperts and Josh Anderson did,and in 50 games
While I am not suggesting he is better then the above players,his goal total suggest
strongly against your argument that he is a goon only,but I doubt u can admit that
despite overwheming evidence
The only goals Leroux score are in practice,putting Clark in the same boat as him
shows u are not a hockey guy,stats dont lie

Old
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
aresknights

4 pt weekend, with 2 convincing wins, albeit against lower seeded teams. Ill take it as a positive step towards the team well see come POs

Old
02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
sbrug

Brown was injured after a shoulder to shoulder hit from Elie. Erie wasn't too happy about that, Pelech should be facing supplementary discipline considering the cross checks that have been suspended before. I give Sefton credit, he wanted to get after Pelech but was unable too. He's looking more comfortable lately and wants to be a team guy it seems. No problem with that. Happy to see London run up the score after the stuff Erie was pulling. People get upset at the Knights when games are out of hand i.e. 11-1 in Ottawa a couple weeks ago but if you're playing like idiots, prepare to face the consequences.

Looking forward to the Soo coming in here Friday. Should be a good tilt and a possibly a statement games for both teams.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
KnightSpit

Positive all the way and the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
4 pt weekend, with 2 convincing wins, albeit against lower seeded teams. Ill take it as a positive step towards the team well see come POs
Nothing to worry about, when it matters in the playoffs Hunter can and WILL have the team ready and focused to win it all. The team has still had an amzing season and is still the team to beat in the playoffs and it is always great that unlike some other OHL teams Knight Fan's are spoiled with always making the playoffs and always being competitive.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Awkward moment in practice this morning when Patterson handed Hunter his Tim Horton's coffee cup: "Please Play Again".

HL11: I think you're wrong, Leroux has not yet scored a goal in practice!

This weekend will be telling. Can we add to our win total against teams which have played well, very well, after the trade deadline: Soo and Saginaw???

I'll declare that the slump is 'over' only when that happens.

In one sense, I think Domi's play improves without Griffith in the lineup. He's always looking to pass it off to Griffith, the trigger man, instead of getting 'greedy' and shooting the puck himself. Now, Domi can focus on sniping as he did in the last game--which reminds me. Here's a philosophical question: "if you get a hattrick against Erie (or Ottawa) does it still count as a hattrick?" Take a moment to reflect on that one, grasshopper.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Awkward moment in practice this morning when Patterson handed Hunter his Tim Horton's coffee cup: "Please Play Again".

This weekend will be telling. Can we add to our win total against teams which have played well, very well, after the trade deadline: Soo and Saginaw???

In one sense, I think Domi's play improves without Griffith in the lineup. He's always looking to pass it off to Griffith, the trigger man, instead of getting 'greedy' and shooting the puck himself. Now, Domi can focus on sniping as he did in the last game--which reminds me. Here's a philosophical question: "if you get a hattrick against Erie (or Ottawa) does it still count as a hattrick?" Take a moment to reflect on that one, grasshopper.
What side of the bed did you wake up on this morning???

There was a kid in the Q(being called up to Moncton) that went to Timmies before the game and ended up with $5000. Not a bad way to start your first game in the Q.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post

the only drawback to Domi's game is he holds onto the puck too long. Best offensive player on the team by far he just needs to learn to move/shoot the puck quicker. The goals against Erie were nice but if you play any other team in the O, the d-man would get their stick in the lanes and those goals wouldn't happen. Exciting to watch though!

How do you guys feel about next year's roster, whether or not London is the host team?

Old
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
aresknights

Next years roster looks real strong.
All Fs eligible to return- ? marks with Griffith and Broadhurst.
Owen MacDonald will also be looking to make the squad outta camp
On D Im thinking Matta, Zadarov, LIberati and outside shot at Sefton as OA. Centorame and Dilorenzo waiting to make it outtta camp. I think MArk looks to add a body here for sure
I like the goalie situation- Stolarz, PAtterson and Herbst in the mix. Patterson may get moved if Herbst knee issue(s) are good to go.

With a good group of Fs and decent draft cuprboard MArk will have flexibility to make the neccessary moves to improve any weak spots.

As far as hosting- I think the Knights return more talent than any1 BUT have hosted in last decade. I still say I wont be shocked to see the Spits get it. Not saying Id give it to them but lots of factors at play Im guessing

Old
02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Next years roster looks real strong.
All Fs eligible to return- ? marks with Griffith and Broadhurst.
Owen MacDonald will also be looking to make the squad outta camp
On D Im thinking Matta, Zadarov, LIberati and outside shot at Sefton as OA. Centorame and Dilorenzo waiting to make it outtta camp. I think MArk looks to add a body here for sure
I like the goalie situation- Stolarz, PAtterson and Herbst in the mix. Patterson may get moved if Herbst knee issue(s) are good to go.

With a good group of Fs and decent draft cuprboard MArk will have flexibility to make the neccessary moves to improve any weak spots.

As far as hosting- I think the Knights return more talent than any1 BUT have hosted in last decade. I still say I wont be shocked to see the Spits get it. Not saying Id give it to them but lots of factors at play Im guessing
Top 4 will be solid zadorov, maata, liberati, mermis, 85 percent Sefton is back, centorome. Easily a top 5 top 4 imo.

Is zadorov ready for a huge shutdown role play 25 a night, I hope so he is a beast!

Old
02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
mapleleaf979

Liam Herbst had surgery again 2 weeks ago. I hope everything trends upwards now for him.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Liam Herbst had surgery again 2 weeks ago. I hope everything trends upwards now for him.
I wouldn't count on it.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:55 AM
aresknights

Quote:
This doesnt sound good. How many is that now in the last couple years?

For all Marks success finding quality players (skaters) in the early to mid picks, it seems picking a goalie early has been an issue. For different reasons. Zador didnt pan out, the Jenkins tragedy, and now a wonky knee or two from Herbst.
Mark has however had some success with late picks or FA goalies. Mason, Houser and now hopefully Stolarz

Its gonna take some real hard work, a top notch physio program/therapist and some good fortune for Herbst to have a chance to reach his pre draft potential. Best of luck moving forward, youre in tough.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:10 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
This doesnt sound good. How many is that now in the last couple years?

For all Marks success finding quality players (skaters) in the early to mid picks, it seems picking a goalie early has been an issue. For different reasons. Zador didnt pan out, the Jenkins tragedy, and now a wonky knee or two from Herbst.
Mark has however had some success with late picks or FA goalies. Mason, Houser and now hopefully Stolarz

Its gonna take some real hard work, a top notch physio program/therapist and some good fortune for Herbst to have a chance to reach his pre draft potential. Best of luck moving forward, youre in tough.
Herbst's career is gonna be uphill from here on out. Trust me..coming from an ex-goalie..he's gonna have knee problems for life. You can't "fix" knees. Once you have invasive surgery..no matter how minor..you're done.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM
JL17

There were a few of us having a chat before a game a while ago and we were talking about young goalies in London.... I mentioned if I'm a high end goalie picked by the Knights in the first couple of rounds I refuse to report.... London's track record with these types of goalies is a disaster. Knee surgeries at 16 for what he's having done.... good luck Liam that's all I can say.

As for the game....

It was a good game but both teams didn't have much chemistry going. I don't think the Soo make a hard pass all night it was soft sauce type stuff. Some crisp passes would have had London's D-men in trouble. Especially on the power play.

London mentioned they needed to stay out of the box.... Well that didn't happen. Domi, Ruperts, Harrington all with stupid penalties. As much as I like Domi's skill less is more sometimes... too many turnovers trying to do it all himself.

That was Broadhurst best game since last year... more jump and speed then I've seen in a while. The D played a big role in scoring for the Knights something you don't see often.

I haven't see Nichols play for the Soo the I'm willing to bet he's better the Murray... I'm not a Soo fan but the kid made me nervous everytime the puck came near him.

I saw the hit as another typical D-man turn late.... it happens far to often for my liking in all leagues. I'd give Cousin's 5 games max. Although Nicky did take our Captain off the ice for 10 minutes.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:39 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Herbst's career is gonna be uphill from here on out. Trust me..coming from an ex-goalie..he's gonna have knee problems for life. You can't "fix" knees. Once you have invasive surgery..no matter how minor..you're done.
They said the same things about Adrian Peterson's knee and all he did was run for 2000 yds. The kid is only 16 and surgeons know alot more about the knee than they used to.I wouldn't give up on the kid yet.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:43 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
They said the same things about Adrian Peterson's knee and all he did was run for 2000 yds. The kid is only 16 and surgeons know alot more about the knee than they used to.I wouldn't give up on the kid yet.
ACL and MCL is different then the meniscus...

Old
02-23-2013, 09:50 AM
aresknights

I'd be hesitant to compare any athelete to Peterson. The guys the exception, not the rule. Unfair IMO. It does however, show it can be done.
Agree PP, but hopefully he's got a great work ethic and some real smart physio help goin forward.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:55 AM
JL17

Quote:
I'd be hesitant to compare any athelete to Peterson. The guys the exception, not the rule. Unfair IMO. It does however, show it can be done.
Agree PP, but hopefully he's got a great work ethic and some real smart physio help goin forward.
Lets not forget the physical shape AP was in before the injury. No offense to Herbst but he's not done growing but he's not even close to the shape of AP.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:20 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Lets not forget the physical shape AP was in before the injury. No offense to Herbst but he's not done growing but he's not even close to the shape of AP.
Sorry guys I just threw AP out there because I'm a Viking fan, My point was Doctors know alot more about fixing knee problrms now than they did years ago when a Knee injury would be sure to put your career in jeopardy. Some athletes have knee surgeory and are back playing in 2-3 weeks.Herbst is young he should rehab hard and he'll be fine the hardest part might be losing a whole season of hockey.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:39 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
There were a few of us having a chat before a game a while ago and we were talking about young goalies in London.... I mentioned if I'm a high end goalie picked by the Knights in the first couple of rounds I refuse to report.... London's track record with these types of goalies is a disaster. Knee surgeries at 16 for what he's having done.... good luck Liam that's all I can say.
That's a little over the top saying that a 16 year old goalie should refuse to report. Jenkins and Herbst situations are ones where the Hunters have no control of that, it just happens.

Zador was an awful pick but that's what happens when you don't listen to your scouts and yourself and instead trust that genius Dave Gagner.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:44 PM
mapleleaf979

The meniscus in the Knee is like a shock absorber. Tearing an ACL or MCL would have been better long term than Meniscus issue. U can re construct your knee ligaments using the Patella tendon, or hamstring tendon and with a strong physio, u can get back to normal.

The meniscus is a shock absorber. It can not be re constructed and does not grow back. When u have surgury, parts of the cartlidge are either cut out and removed or stitched up to save it. The more meniscus or cartlidge that is removed, the closer to bone on bone contact in the knee. Matt Frattin is having meniscus issue's right now with the Leafs. Kobe Bryant is also close to bone on bone in his knees. The last resort is microfracture surguey to help with this issue.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
The meniscus in the Knee is like a shock absorber. Tearing an ACL or MCL would have been better long term than Meniscus issue. U can re construct your knee ligaments using the Patella tendon, or hamstring tendon and with a strong physio, u can get back to normal.

The meniscus is a shock absorber. It can not be re constructed and does not grow back. When u have surgury, parts of the cartlidge are either cut out and removed or stitched up to save it. The more meniscus or cartlidge that is removed, the closer to bone on bone contact in the knee. Matt Frattin is having meniscus issue's right now with the Leafs. Kobe Bryant is also close to bone on bone in his knees. The last resort is microfracture surguey to help with this issue.
Bingo..which is why I said his career will be uphill from the get go. I wish the kid nothing but luck...he's a blue chipper.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
hockeylegend11

Do the Knights draft a goalie early in the draft this year,not talking about 1st rd

in light of the Herbst situation,have been told by those in the know that the other 2 goalies

drafted last yr are nothing special,while Wheaton who has been pretty good in Jr C is

turning 18

The Knights appear set in goal for next year,but beyond,plus would not be surprised

if Patterson is moved next yr as their are doubts about his mental toughness,doubts that

were not there by Knights mge prior to Christmas

Old
02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
aresknights

Sure I think they'll take a goalie, but mid to late rounds.
HL, Ur hearing there wasn't doubts about mental toughness in Patterson before Xmas but are now? Or just your own personal opinion?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:37 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
That's a little over the top saying that a 16 year old goalie should refuse to report. Jenkins and Herbst situations are ones where the Hunters have no control of that, it just happens.

Zador was an awful pick but that's what happens when you don't listen to your scouts and yourself and instead trust that genius Dave Gagner.
It was more a joke then anything else....

I`m just saying the track record isn`t great. Houser FA find, Mason late rounder. This is just me but I would never draft a goalie in the first round no matter how good he is.

I think if London takes a goalie early in this draft that will tell you alot about the Herbst situation going forward especially if it`s a highly touted one.

Closed Thread