HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 12:42 AM
  #126
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 50
The way I look at it is the only roster players that we have available that would be of interest to Colorado would be Little and Burmistrov. We need to keep Ladd/Wheeler/Kane for wingers because it's a pretty big drop after them, Wellwood/Antropov/Jokinen/Miettenen have little trade value because they're older/UFA status rental players. They're probably not interested in our waiver wire/4th line plugs, and we're not interested in trading them anyways.

Not interested in trading Pavelec/Montoya/Pasquale because we really lack depth on goal.

Not interested in trading D due to our injuries.

So that leaves Little and Burmistrov. It's been known they've expressed interest in Little, and I'm thinking mostly as a winger. Remember he did produce 31 goals at RW.

I don't see them interested in any prospects other than Scheifele and Trouba, if we had to add them they would have to add to ROR.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:13 AM
  #127
jiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
I would not trade Little. There is real good chemistry with the LLW line and they are a legit scoring line. Trading Little means we would still need another center to play on our top two lines. We need someone to play with Kane. I liked the signing of Jokinen but unfortunately he has not turned out to be the answer. Burmistrov is a great 3rd line center but not the fit to play center with Kane. I would trade Burmistrov or Scheifele to get Reilly.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:18 AM
  #128
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 50
Look at this year and last year stats, Ladd and Wheeler are top 30 for their position but Little is not. If ROR centered Ladd or Kane and Wheeler we'd have a solid 1st line. We don't have that right now. Little is only there out of necessity.

IMO Little is a good center, but not a #1C. I think he'd be a #1 RW with a great center.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:26 AM
  #129
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 50
A proposal from the Avs board:

RoR + Jones for Little + Trouba

You have to consider they hold the cards. This would instantly give us a solid top 6. But I think most Jets fans would say no.

Also consider Jones $4 million contract, and RoR probably would need around 4.5-5. So that's near $9 million coming our way and we part with $2.3 million in Little.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:30 AM
  #130
jiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Look at this year and last year stats, Ladd and Wheeler are top 30 for their position but Little is not. If ROR centered Ladd or Kane and Wheeler we'd have a solid 1st line. We don't have that right now. Little is only there out of necessity.

IMO Little is a good center, but not a #1C. I think he'd be a #1 RW with a great center.
I agree Little is not a #1C but the LLW works well together. You can call that the second line if you want but we need a legit another consistent scoring line besides LLW. We need someone to play with Kane. I think Reilly would be a great fit. We then like to see us draft Erne or Shinkaruk to play RW on that line.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:25 AM
  #131
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,737
vCash: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
A proposal from the Avs board:

RoR + Jones for Little + Trouba

You have to consider they hold the cards. This would instantly give us a solid top 6. But I think most Jets fans would say no.

Also consider Jones $4 million contract, and RoR probably would need around 4.5-5. So that's near $9 million coming our way and we part with $2.3 million in Little.
I don't see how the Avs hold the cards. They are the ones with a player sitting out not us. Little has been playing very well and Trouba has been developing well, and has shown every indication he will be a beast on the blueline. Besides Trouba is Chevy's guy, there is no way he is gone before he dons a Jets jersey.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:47 AM
  #132
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,316
vCash: 50
Chevy isn't interested in trading away our future, so there is no chance of him entertaining a package deal that includes Trouba.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:38 AM
  #133
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
A proposal from the Avs board:

RoR + Jones for Little + Trouba

You have to consider they hold the cards. This would instantly give us a solid top 6. But I think most Jets fans would say no.

Also consider Jones $4 million contract, and RoR probably would need around 4.5-5. So that's near $9 million coming our way and we part with $2.3 million in Little.
Not a bloody chance. Is ROR good? Sure. But if he is better than Little, it's by degrees. The difference between the two is no where near the fleece job of losing Trouba for Jones.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
  #134
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not a bloody chance. Is ROR good? Sure. But if he is better than Little, it's by degrees. The difference between the two is no where near the fleece job of losing Trouba for Jones.
I don't really see why we'd have to add onto Little at all actually.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:11 PM
  #135
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not a bloody chance. Is ROR good? Sure. But if he is better than Little, it's by degrees.
I disagree

Quote:
The difference between the two is no where near the fleece job of losing Trouba for Jones.
Agree, especially considering the cap hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I don't really see why we'd have to add onto Little at all actually.
Disagree, ROR has far more value. Little is more of a winger anyways. He holds back Ladd and Wheeler, if you put RoR with them all three would take a step up. RoR is a much better set up man than Little. Plus he has a great one timer. Little has a better wrister, but his one timer is a two timer.

I think both players would benefit from the trade, and you'd see both players production go up.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #136
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
I really can't comment on the relative value of Little and ROR because I've only seen ROR play 3 or 4 games, but I'll say this about Little - he's valuable to this team beyond the numbers he puts up. He's versatile (can play C or RW), he's good defensively and offensively, he's decent on faceoffs, and he's one of our most consistent forwards. Really the only knock on him is that he doesn't play with any kind of an edge.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:37 PM
  #137
Ulf Hullberg
Registered User
 
Ulf Hullberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
No way do I include Trouba in any deal. This kid has the potential to be a main stay top 2-4 dman that will log a ton of mins. You covet those players, you don't use them as throw ins to try and even out a deal.

The Jets could really use ROR's game down the middle, however, making a trade for him would be very difficult at this time because...
#1. We're currently scarce on D
#2. We don't know when Enstrom will return.
#3. We don't know if/when Redmond will return.
#4. Burmi just turned 21, and is a hybrid Canadian/Russian with loads of potential.
#5. Little can also play top 6 RW, and the Jets cupboard is bare in this dept.

The price is Burmi or Little and probably Postma to get ROR in a Jets jersey, and I'm not so sure Chevy would be willing to do a deal like that...unless a 3rd pick is coming back in return. And even then Melchiori would have to be ready for 10-12 mins a game.

Ulf Hullberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:43 PM
  #138
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I disagree

Disagree, ROR has far more value. Little is more of a winger anyways. He holds back Ladd and Wheeler, if you put RoR with them all three would take a step up. RoR is a much better set up man than Little. Plus he has a great one timer. Little has a better wrister, but his one timer is a two timer.

I think both players would benefit from the trade, and you'd see both players production go up.
ROR might have more value, but can you explain why you think he has that much mroe value than Little? On the trade board you say Little has 65% of the value of ROR. I find that impossible to believe.

Not that junior stats are important once the guys get to the NHL, but ROR has never scored over 20 goals since he was 15. ROR's first three NHL seasons are the same as Little's as well.

ROR has additional value due to the fact that he is 3 years younger and therefore may have some additional "potential", but I fail to see an argument that the difference between Little and ROR merits the Jets to even consider adding pieces like Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry, our 1st, or other valuable assets.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:48 PM
  #139
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Now way is Trouba included in a deal for ROR. Only way I deal Trouba is in a package for a Malkin, Giroux or Stamkos type player and that isn't happening because those players are not available.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:06 PM
  #140
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
ROR might have more value, but can you explain why you think he has that much mroe value than Little? On the trade board you say Little has 65% of the value of ROR. I find that impossible to believe.

Not that junior stats are important once the guys get to the NHL, but ROR has never scored over 20 goals since he was 15. ROR's first three NHL seasons are the same as Little's as well.

ROR has additional value due to the fact that he is 3 years younger and therefore may have some additional "potential", but I fail to see an argument that the difference between Little and ROR merits the Jets to even consider adding pieces like Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry, our 1st, or other valuable assets.
You're far too stuck on stats. Watch O'Reilly play. It's likely he'll continue to grow offensively, but even if he levels out at 60 points there's still a good chance he'll play on the Olympic team one day. That is the level of defence, board play, poise, etc he brings to the table.

There is not a doubt in my mind that O'Reilly would be the Jets most effective forward right now.

Don't get me wrong, he's never going to lead the league on scoring, but that's not the point. He's in the mould of Patrice Bergeron and has the potential to be just as good.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:22 PM
  #141
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
You are VERY interested. He would fit like a glove.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:32 PM
  #142
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
You're far too stuck on stats. Watch O'Reilly play. It's likely he'll continue to grow offensively, but even if he levels out at 60 points there's still a good chance he'll play on the Olympic team one day. That is the level of defence, board play, poise, etc he brings to the table.

There is not a doubt in my mind that O'Reilly would be the Jets most effective forward right now.

Don't get me wrong, he's never going to lead the league on scoring, but that's not the point. He's in the mould of Patrice Bergeron and has the potential to be just as good.
I have seen ROR play. And my point of view is not solely on stats, it's on the idea that the Jets need to give not only a plus on Little (which I can agree to based on what I mentioned earlier about age and "potential"), but that the Jets need to give a mega premium plus on Little (a la Trouba, Scheifele, etc).

ROR is not that far ahead of Little to warrant that.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
  #143
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
A proposal from the Avs board:

RoR + Jones for Little + Trouba

You have to consider they hold the cards. This would instantly give us a solid top 6. But I think most Jets fans would say no.

Also consider Jones $4 million contract, and RoR probably would need around 4.5-5. So that's near $9 million coming our way and we part with $2.3 million in Little.
The only way that deal gets done is if Jones first name was Seth, if Chevy did make the proposed trade he might as well start clearing his desk out.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:40 PM
  #144
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Chevy isn't interested in trading away our future, so there is no chance of him entertaining a package deal that includes Trouba.
I don't think you would see the Avalanche go after Trouba.

The MO of their front office management has been to go after young NHLers - Mueller, Downie, McGinn, Varlamov - as opposed to prospects.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:44 PM
  #145
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
You are VERY interested. He would fit like a glove.
Of course we are. For Little and Postma.

My take on it is pretty straightforward. If Trouba or Scheifele is part of the package, then no dice. If it's Burmi then I maybe consider it, depending on the asset that's coming back in addition to ROR.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:45 PM
  #146
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fred-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 2084
There is no way we trade trouba unless it is for a top line centre right now/a top 2 LHD right now and in the future and the other team would have to add. Why trade a 2012 draft pick now? it does not make any sense

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #147
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,737
vCash: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
There is no way we trade trouba unless it is for a top line centre right now/a top 2 LHD right now and in the future and the other team would have to add. Why trade a 2012 draft pick now? it does not make any sense
There is no way Chevy trades Trouba. He will place a higher value on him than any other GM so nothing will happen involving him.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM
  #148
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I have seen ROR play. And my point of view is not solely on stats, it's on the idea that the Jets need to give not only a plus on Little (which I can agree to based on what I mentioned earlier about age and "potential"), but that the Jets need to give a mega premium plus on Little (a la Trouba, Scheifele, etc).

ROR is not that far ahead of Little to warrant that.
We'll see. Personally I don't feel that Little is, or will ever be, in the same class as O'Reilly. Over the next few year's we'll find out.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:56 PM
  #149
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fred-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
There is no way Chevy trades Trouba. He will place a higher value on him than any other GM so nothing will happen involving him.
Ya after I typed that I was like, maybe not, Trouba or Bogo, who will I like more?


Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:04 PM
  #150
Hansen Brother
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In TO, from Keystone
Country: Canada
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
If we ever did a deal with Colorado I really want Duncan Siemens in the deal as well. I think he and Trouba could develop into one of the best shutdown pairings in the league.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.