HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 01:49 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Dear Colorado Avalanche,

If you deal Ryan O'Reilly East, please deal him to the Leafs.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Thought you meant Kulemin for a minute there. Was confused because why would we want an underachieving winger for our centerman. I realize now you mean Kulikov and any dman that can jump into the line up now is preferable. I'm not one that feels as though defensive prospects are worth a lot.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-23-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: consecutive
Old
02-23-2013, 02:07 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
The Avs dont want to pay him like a 1st liner,but they want other teams to pay for him like he was.They need to make up their minds! Either he is and pay him like it,or he isnt and stop asking for the moon.The Avs(and their fans)need to get realistic and lower their expectations.
This pretty much sums it all up. Couldn't have said it better.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
so if kadri has 39 points in 48 games this year, you're okay if he demands 5+ million dollars in the offseason.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Let's just say O'Reilly probably would've gotten the 5M a year from a team if he was an UFA. Are Subban/MDZ paid like top pairing defensemen?

Last edited by Muffin: 02-23-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
So by that logic, everyone can expect Gardiner's next 2014-15 contract to be 5+m/yr assuming normal progress in his development?

The issue is not only about how the Avs value him. It also has to do with proper managing of contracts and assets. No one blamed the Habs for the Subban contract. If the Habs paid him equal money to what his value is everyone would have said they got hosed. RFA vs UFA. Its that simple.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Offering a 21 year old guy coming off his ELC $7M over two years is close to first line money. It's what Duchene signed for. It's significantly more than del Zotto, Subban and Kulikov makes.

Please stop with the Avs don't want to pay him, he has low trade value nonsense. It just shows how uninformed you are.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:35 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
so if kadri has 39 points in 48 games this year, you're okay if he demands 5+ million dollars in the offseason.
No, but I also wouldn't expect Gardiner + 1st like offers either

Old
02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
No, but I also wouldn't expect Gardiner + 1st like offers either
If Kadri gets into this kind of discussion and he puts up 35+ points in these 48 games, I'll guarantee that the Leafs fans will be asking for a deal like that.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
The Avs dont want to pay him like a 1st liner,but they want other teams to pay for him like he was.They need to make up their minds! Either he is and pay him like it,or he isnt and stop asking for the moon.The Avs(and their fans)need to get realistic and lower their expectations.
They have made up their minds, they're trading him. The only people who think they haven't are antsy fans who want action now.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
If Kadri gets into this kind of discussion and he puts up 35+ points in these 48 games, I'll guarantee that the Leafs fans will be asking for a deal like that.
Some sure... anyone who has a clue, no.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

I agree with everyone saying that expecting a 1st-line quality player from trading O'Reilly is unrealistic, we have to remember that he is still un-signed.

I'd be happy with either Derek Stepan or MDZ straight up. There's no way we're getting one of those 2 AND a prospect (especially not JT Miller or Kreider).

Old
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
... [B.] Schenn was HF's #1 rated prospect at the time of the trade ...
and look how wrong that turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
My offer from the Sens and i would not give more..
... ROR, Barrie
trying to get ROR and Barrie in the same deal was not your best idea

Old
02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
Do we even know if that's what he's asking for? We know what he's been qualified for and we have heard what he's been offered. What if he's only asking for $3.9 on a bridge? I've read ONE report that says he's asking for $4 million on a bridge and $5 on a long term deal and that report was from the Denver Post.

So let's say he's after a two year $8 million deal. We're talking about $500k per difference.

That's on the Avs not being able to swing something to make everyone happy.

If Kadri puts up 39 points in 48 games this year, the Leafs will have to deal with that in the offseason. Im sure if they only had a $500k difference, they wouldnt play hard ball with him, and he'd get his $3.8 or $3.9 on a bridge.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Red 5 standing by...

vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Dater said from what he's heard the avs aren't interested in getting a center in return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Bryan Little is someone that the GM Greg Sherman of the Avs has apparently had his eye on for "some time now" according to a poster on the Avs board w/ ties to O'Reilly....incidentally enough he recently shared with us that O'Reilly and his Agent are "well aware" of Winnipeg "liking him...a lot" (those his words in the quotes)

And Winnipeg is one of the teams that I believe is a good fit for the Avs, because they can provide the type of Players that Sherman likes to acquire, guys who are still young, but far enough along in their development to contribute right away, and I believe that the team that Chipman and Co. have put in place there absolutely KNOW their hockey and are building a strong team.

Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

I'm getting to the point that I almost wish the Avs would make a decision on something like this though...because as a FAN of Ryan O'Reilly, I want to buy the jersey for the next team he plays for (and I also want a new Jets jersey so that would kill two birds w/ 1 stone).

I think it's incredibly vindictive and stupid for them to wait this out until possibly the Summer...but as a fan of the team, and understanding that they're not going to just "give" him away, I also want the best possible return as well...so I'm torn.
A late thanks to these two, and ROR has more value as a centre then little as a centre, but ideally little is a 2nd line RW

probably anybody but shief and trouba could possibly go to the Avs, but those are our only "top" prospects

What about a pick, (besides first) and a middle prospect, and Little, we have James Wright, so our "low" end prospects are a little more expandable (by low i mean Bottom 6 style player)

Old
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Flair Hay

I was in the wtf are the Habs doing with Subban camp myself just to she'd a potential hypocrisy label.

I understand it is much better organizationally to have guys earn their keep with bridge deals. But if ROR is as good as everyone is saying he is, I can't understand trading away a player like him for the sake of "Duchene did too"...

What many are saying does have some merit though. If he is worth what a $5M two way Center should be worth on the trade market, how can you realistically expect a team to pony up the assets AND the dough to acquire him when you won't do the same yourself. I remember the same chatter going on with Kesler in Vancouver. And ROR is probably better than Kesler was at the time he signed his big money extension.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Do we even know if that's what he's asking for? We know what he's been qualified for and we have heard what he's been offered. What if he's only asking for $3.9 on a bridge? I've read ONE report that says he's asking for $4 million on a bridge and $5 on a long term deal and that report was from the Denver Post.

So let's say he's after a two year $8 million deal. We're talking about $500k per difference.

That's on the Avs not being able to swing something to make everyone happy.

If Kadri puts up 39 points in 48 games this year, the Leafs will have to deal with that in the offseason. Im sure if they only had a $500k difference, they wouldnt play hard ball with him, and he'd get his $3.8 or $3.9 on a bridge.
That small difference is what makes some Avs fans believe hes pricing himself out because he want's to be on a team that he has a clear cut shot at a top two spot.

I do think he would take closer to 3.5 on a bridge deal if he knew he was going to be slotted as a top two center. People talk a lot about that 5M number, (Even media pundits) but his agent refuted that he wanted a 5M AAV contract.

I get real tired of people saying he wants 5M per year because of it, but I understand that's what's being mouthed by plenty of media outlets.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
That small difference is what makes some Avs fans believe hes pricing himself out because he want's to be on a team that he has a clear cut shot at a top two spot.

I do think he would take closer to 3.5 on a bridge deal if he knew he was going to be slotted as a top two center. People talk a lot about that 5M number, (Even media pundits) but his agent refuted that he wanted a 5M AAV contract.

I get real tired of people saying he wants 5M per year because of it, but I understand that's what's being mouthed by plenty of media outlets.
Agreed except for Im not of belief O'Reilly is the type of PERSON who wants a guarantee of any top 6 minutes. Im sure he wants that opportunity and any team would be stupid not to give it to him. I know Avs fans dont like Detroit much but look what they've done over the years with Centers. If you're good enough to play in the top 6, you're gonna play. Zetterberg, Fedorov, Yzerman, Primeau, Filppula have all played legitimate time on the wing over the years. They still do it today with Filppula and Zetterberg.

You put your best players on the ice. Im sure they would do the same in Colorado.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
A late thanks to these two, and ROR has more value as a centre then little as a centre, but ideally little is a 2nd line RW

probably anybody but shief and trouba could possibly go to the Avs, but those are our only "top" prospects

What about a pick, (besides first) and a middle prospect, and Little, we have James Wright, so our "low" end prospects are a little more expandable (by low i mean Bottom 6 style player)
Would have absolutely no interest in a deal that does not contain Trouba, Enstrom or Bogosian from Winnipeg. Little would likely be coming as well, so whatever pieces need to be made to even it up from there is what we as fans should be discussing, not what secondary prospects and picks can be used to bridge the gap.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:20 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

I thought what is agent said is that nobody was mentioning the term that was associated with the $5m.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Trade him to Buffalo, they love overpaying players.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Dear Colorado Avalanche,

If you deal Ryan O'Reilly East, please deal him to the Leafs.

Thank you.

Yes Kulemin is absolutely ripping it up. He's a scoring winger who scored 7 goals last season and has 1 goal so far. He's either underachieving or just really bad.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Red 5 standing by...

vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Would have absolutely no interest in a deal that does not contain Trouba, Enstrom or Bogosian from Winnipeg. Little would likely be coming as well, so whatever pieces need to be made to even it up from there is what we as fans should be discussing, not what secondary prospects and picks can be used to bridge the gap.
Enstrom would be the most likely to move of those 3, but any one of those 3 + Little?

doubt chevy does that, especially with the team he is trying to build, (Defence 1st)

To get Trouba or Bogo, you will have to overpay, just how it is, the two players on the jets that would be close to non-starters

Buff?

Old
02-23-2013, 03:56 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Yes Kulemin is absolutely ripping it up. He's a scoring winger who scored 7 goals last season and has 1 goal so far. He's either underachieving or just really bad.
Kulemin isn't a scoring winger. He looked like that during his 30 goal year but really hes more like a good defensive player who can occasionally score.

This year he, along with Grabovski, are being used as our shut down line. They are consistently out there against the other teams top lines.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:57 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

trade him to buffalo for grigorenko and girgensons. sabres build around o'reilly and hodgson as their centers, hire carl lindros as permanent coach in the off-season, rename the franchise the buffalo dads.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
One of those three AND Little? Give your head a shake, you'd be lucky to get one of Trouba or Enstrom for him (you won't get Bogosian even if you add).

Closed Thread