HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Nolon is playing a whole 8 mins or so a game. I have no issue when hes playing on the 4th line. The probelm i have is when hes moved up to the 3rd line He has no offensive skills. I cant count the number of time i ve seen him lose the puck in the offensive zone when there is no reason to. imo we need someone with offensive skill on that line. I would rather see richardson playing there. The "role of enforcer" is all he has and it can be taken by king ( since he aint doing much offensively) or ellerby. This team is big and tuff all over and needs more skill on its wings The reason gagne and richardson isnt playing is we have 6 lws and noone is going to get regular playing time till we get rid of one for a right winger. make that 7 now that lewis is getting game time there.
So don't move him up to the 3rd line?

Also, he's not really an enforcer, even if he has that duty fall to him, but if you think Ellerby or King can do that at all, you're mistaken. Those two, especially Ellerby, would get their heads caved in if they had to fight an even so-so heavyweight.

And have you played hockey? I ask because the classification of players as either lW or RW is outdated really, in these days most wingers can play both wings equally effectively, and many forwards can play all three positions. A winger going to centre is the big difficulty but one winger going to the off wing really only impacts greatly on his shot after the first few games for adjustment.

And if you are seeking more skill in the line up and think Mursak is it, why wouldn't the Kings just play Gagne or Richardson instead? It's not because they are esclusively LW'ers, cause they aren't. Richardson is actually a natural centre.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So don't move him up to the 3rd line?

Also, he's not really an enforcer, even if he has that duty fall to him, but if you think Ellerby or King can do that at all, you're mistaken. Those two, especially Ellerby, would get their heads caved in if they had to fight an even so-so heavyweight.

And have you played hockey? I ask because the classification of players as either lW or RW is outdated really, in these days most wingers can play both wings equally effectively, and many forwards can play all three positions. A winger going to centre is the big difficulty but one winger going to the off wing really only impacts greatly on his shot after the first few games for adjustment.

And if you are seeking more skill in the line up and think Mursak is it, why wouldn't the Kings just play Gagne or Richardson instead? It's not because they are esclusively LW'ers, cause they aren't. Richardson is actually a natural centre.
Yes i dont want to see nolan on the 3rd line you sir are correct. Hes playing the least amount of mins and leads this team in fights so to me hes the enforcer type to me. I'm not saying that king or ellerby are fights just they can fight if need to. This team has tuffness all over it. Even richards will stand up for teammates So losing his tuffness for a few games in order to improve the skill on this team is something needed imo. I also suggest that in the west there isnt as many true heavyweights as u think there is.

Next i ve been watching hockey over 30 years. I also played to the midget level. I totally disagree to ur that postions are outdated. Where as i agree that some players can play more then one postion brown lw rw Lewis center rw ( not sold on him at lw yet) There are players that dont play other sides well at all Look at stoll trying to play wing last year Yes he played it but he was no wear near as effective as he is center.

Next im not sure wheather Mursak is or isnt more skilled If you read my first post on the matter i said if he was better i would consider putting a claim in. Gagne has played very little on the right side and is exactly the same as putting stoll on the wing Hes not as effective period. Richardson could play there and i would perfer him over seeing Nolan if it mean keeping him off the line. I would think that if dean put a claim in he would see Murak as a upgrade on that side as well. Nolans love around here is something i dont understand. All summer people were trying to say trade cifford over him Im glad dean is in charge of this team instead of the armchair people in here. Again this is my opinion which i have the same right to say as yours.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:16 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Yes i dont want to see nolan on the 3rd line you sir are correct. Hes playing the least amount of mins and leads this team in fights so to me hes the enforcer type to me. I'm not saying that king or ellerby are fights just they can fight if need to. This team has tuffness all over it. Even richards will stand up for teammates So losing his tuffness for a few games in order to improve the skill on this team is something needed imo. I also suggest that in the west there isnt as many true heavyweights as u think there is.

Next i ve been watching hockey over 30 years. I also played to the midget level. I totally disagree to ur that postions are outdated. Where as i agree that some players can play more then one postion brown lw rw Lewis center rw ( not sold on him at lw yet) There are players that dont play other sides well at all Look at stoll trying to play wing last year Yes he played it but he was no wear near as effective as he is center.

Next im not sure wheather Mursak is or isnt more skilled If you read my first post on the matter i said if he was better i would consider putting a claim in. Gagne has played very little on the right side and is exactly the same as putting stoll on the wing Hes not as effective period. Richardson could play there and i would perfer him over seeing Nolan if it mean keeping him off the line. I would think that if dean put a claim in he would see Murak as a upgrade on that side as well. Nolans love around here is something i dont understand. All summer people were trying to say trade cifford over him Im glad dean is in charge of this team instead of the armchair people in here. Again this is my opinion which i have the same right to say as yours.
Two of Nolan's fights have come after laying out clean hits to Eberle and Tarasenko respectively, but I think he's fine on the 4th line where he is, as for Mursak, he has 4 points in 46 career games, not sure if he'll be claimed, he's fast, but he's also injury prone and a "soft" player according to Wings fans.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Two of Nolan's fights have come after laying out clean hits to Eberle and Tarasenko respectively, but I think he's fine on the 4th line where he is, as for Mursak, he has 4 points in 46 career games, not sure if he'll be claimed, he's fast, but he's also injury prone and a "soft" player according to Wings fans.
As i stated earlier if we keep him 4th line im fine with it in the long haul. My probelm is when hes playing the 3rd line. As for Mursak I see his 48 points in 30 games as potential Vanek has credited him for helping spark his game again. Maybe he can come here and spark kopitar ( not that hes playing bad but can always be better) Trying him would also allow toffoli vey etc develope the rest of the season in the ahl

Old
02-23-2013, 12:39 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

So when exactly is Nolan playing on the 3rd line? I don't see the problem here.

The guy is an ideal 4th liner, and if you remove him to take a chance on some guy who looks like a Richardson clone, that weakens the entire 4th line, beyond that, when you claim a guy you are required to keep him on the pro roster for (I believe) 30 days, so if Mursak doesn't work out, we are stuck with him for a bit. We could recall Nolan maybe, but then we really have a clogged roster.

I could side with you if you were for waiving Richardson to take a shot at Mursak, but Nolan? Just because he doesn't have to clear waivers? That's not a good reason to send someone down who is working fine on this roster.

And regarding Stoll, he may not work on the wing (I disgaree, but whatever) but he's more the exception than the rule as you know. The fact we have -as you put it- 7 LWers means nothing, the vast majority could easily slide to another wing.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:59 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Mursak is fast as hell.. but he isnt good for kings system... he isnt enough strong for forecheck that kings are trying to execute... im praying that he is picked by any team in east... he is best suited for European ice..

Old
02-23-2013, 01:04 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So when exactly is Nolan playing on the 3rd line? I don't see the problem here.

The guy is an ideal 4th liner, and if you remove him to take a chance on some guy who looks like a Richardson clone, that weakens the entire 4th line, beyond that, when you claim a guy you are required to keep him on the pro roster for (I believe) 30 days, so if Mursak doesn't work out, we are stuck with him for a bit. We could recall Nolan maybe, but then we really have a clogged roster.

I could side with you if you were for waiving Richardson to take a shot at Mursak, but Nolan? Just because he doesn't have to clear waivers? That's not a good reason to send someone down who is working fine on this roster.

And regarding Stoll, he may not work on the wing (I disgaree, but whatever) but he's more the exception than the rule as you know. The fact we have -as you put it- 7 LWers means nothing, the vast majority could easily slide to another wing.
Ive seen him play on the 3rd with richards the other game also with stoll alot during the game. I am not trying to move him from the 4th line per say I just want someone with skill playing the 3rd and with both lewis and nolan playing the bottom two spots we dont. I see lewis as more valueable then nolan. He plays valuable pk time and saved at least 5 goals ( ive seen him stop open net shots) . To me the real issue is to many left wingers so we have to play nolon or lewis on the 3rd lw Ideal i want the bottom 6 to look like this

penner/gagne stoll (new player with skill)
lewis fraser nolan

I m also not saying moving nolan to the ahl is a prement situation I would put him there till we can get a trade of a lw perfer richardson or king who would have more value but i want something for them not waving them. We need a defensive vetern for the defense. This is the same sorta thing we did with voynov and martinez we sent them to the ahl till we could work a roster spot for them .

I dont see anyone other then brown able to play the rw spot even thou imo hes proven hes better on the lw. I do however find this point mute as i dont see mursak falling to us in a wavier attempt. I guess we ll have to agree to disagree as i dont see penner gagne clifford king playing the right side as well as the left. All im saying is we need skill speed on the wing and murask may not be it but someone needs to be it.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:07 AM
damacles1156

Nolan is about one of the only Wingers Sutter is happy with right now (minus Carter/Clifford of course).

Nolan is not going anywhere.

Also the reason Gagne/Richardson is not paying. The Kings feast on a heavy Fore check...Gagne/Richardson have to bring it. They didn't the games they got benched.

Gagne hasn't played bad per say, But he is not exactly strong on the Fore check.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Nolan is about one of the only Wingers Sutter is happy with right now (minus Carter/Clifford of course).

Nolan is not going anywhere.

Also the reason Gagne/Richardson is not paying. The Kings feast on a heavy Fore check...Gagne/Richardson have to bring it. They didn't the games they got benched.

Gagne hasn't played bad per say, But he is not exactly strong on the Fore check.
I love Nolan, but that's just not true.

Quote:
“Well, they didn’t play much, but they scored a big goal and they could have had two or three. We talked to them this morning about it. Jordan Nolan’s really struggling with parts of his game, and hopefully this gives him a little confidence.”
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/02/19...darryl-sutter/

Old
02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
What would you guys think it'd take to get Brouwer on the kings, he looks really good.
Would like to have him, but his contract is too expensive.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

ty chazz for posting this. It looks like im not the only one not in love with nolans game lately.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Mursak cleared waivers.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

the Kings have played a game since then, Nolan still in the Lineup.

Sutter must be Happy with something.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:25 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Mursak cleared waivers.
Nuts...

Old
02-23-2013, 05:55 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
the Kings have played a game since then, Nolan still in the Lineup.

Sutter must be Happy with something.
7 mins 24 secs against edmonton
6 mins 23 against calagry
9 mins 27 still the least on the team today vs colorado in a 4 1 game.

All the least amount of ice time in our last 3 games

If he likes him so much why is he geting the least amount of ice time on the kings ?

Old
02-23-2013, 06:02 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
7 mins 24 secs against edmonton
6 mins 23 against calagry
9 mins 27 still the least on the team today vs colorado in a 4 1 game.

All the least amount of ice time in our last 3 games

If he likes him so much why is he geting the least amount of ice time on the kings ?
Plays on the fourth line....You had to actually ask that?

Also Mursak cleared waivers. I guess no one wanted him...Probably for a reason.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

He was getting 3rd line mins to begin edmonton with richards and king and i know i saw him with stoll in calgary Also shouldnt he get at least the same as fraser or lewis when they played 4th line as well He was the lowest on the whole team. includeing other 4th line players

Old
02-23-2013, 06:10 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
He was getting 3rd line mins to begin edmonton with richards and king and i know i saw him with stoll in calgary Also shouldnt he get at least the same as fraser or lewis when they played 4th line as well He was the lowest on the whole team. includeing other 4th line players
Lewis is playing on the Second line....You sure you watch the Kings at all ?

Nolan is never going to have as many minutes as Stoll or Lewis or Fraser.

Stoll takes important draws and PK's, Lewis PK's and atm is on the Scond line.

Nolan being the young player he is, will most likely always have the least amount of minutes played.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:10 PM
KingLB

Quote:
ty chazz for posting this. It looks like im not the only one not in love with nolans game lately.
You extrapolated a lot from that quote....

Old
02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Just saw the bit on Mursak as i said if he was a upgrade im guessing dean didnt see him as one oh well. I trust deans judgement there.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
He does now wasnt in edmonton he was on the fourth line thanks Also started calgary as 4th line Which is in the games im refering to when nolan had 3rd line shifts before being demoted to 4th line

Old
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
He does now wasnt in edmonton he was on the fourth line thanks Also started calgary as 4th line Which is in the games im refering to when nolan had 3rd line shifts before being demoted to 4th line
Nolan is a fourth line player....I don't know what you're asking.

The guy doesn't PK (not asked too) doesn't PP (not asked too). He is asked to get on the ice, hit people...

That's what he does.

Since he is still in the lineup, and played Nine mins today ? (that's a lot for a fourth liner.

He must be doing his job.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:18 PM
JT8888

Nolan IMO is doing just fine. We really need to focus on bring in at least 1 vet dman we can trust. Eberlley and muZzin just aren't ready to log these minutes

Old
02-23-2013, 06:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Nolan is never going to have as many minutes as Stoll or Lewis or Fraser.

Stoll takes important draws and PK's, Lewis PK's and atm is on the Scond line.

Nolan being the young player he is, will most likely always have the least amount of minutes played.
Again lewis was playing 4th line up untill calagary when they moved him up. Lewis again started this last game against the avs on the 2nd line before this him and nolan had 3rd forth line mins . At least tonight he didnt get any 3rd line shift i saw. Still hes playing the least amount on the kings.DS reward good play with mins if hes getting the least amount of mins to mean that means he s not playing well period.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:20 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Again lewis was playing 4th line up untill calagary when they moved him up. Lewis again started this last game against the avs on the 2nd line before this him and nolan had 3rd forth line mins . At least tonight he didnt get any 3rd line shift i saw. Still hes playing the least amount on the kings.DS reward good play with mins if hes getting the least amount of mins to mean that means he s not playing well period.
Nine minutes for a Fourth line player....Is a lot.

You should be more concerned with Dwight King; a guy that IS asked to score and playing third line minutes.

King has done nothing with his minutes....Zip, ZERO, nothing.

Closed Thread