HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mar. 9: Meszaros (shoulder) activated from LTIR

Old
02-23-2013, 04:22 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I hope Gervais and Foster sit so Gus can stay. Can we send Mez down to the farm for conditioning?
We'd have to waive him to play with the Phantoms.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:26 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
We'd have to waive him to play with the Phantoms.
meh he'd probably just get hurt again

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:27 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
meh he'd probably just get hurt again
He's still way better than Gervais or Foster.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:28 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
there's something to be proud of, hey Ma guess what?

Old
02-23-2013, 04:30 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1298
This is the former CBA and I am not aware of a change in the current agreement:

If Meszaros OK's it, then it is allowed "for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games..."

Quote:
13.9 Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan. A Player who is on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception as set forth in Article 50 may, with his consent, during the term of such Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception (but in no event during the first fourteen (14) calendar days and six (6) NHL Games), be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan (the "Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan") for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games, solely for the purpose of determining whether the Player is fit to play. If the Club determines that it needs more time to assess the Player's fitness to play, the Club may file a written request by facsimile with the Commissioner's Office, with a copy to the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, to extend the Loan for an additional two (2) games. The Commissioner, upon good cause, may approve the onetime extension. The Commissioner's approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. A Player on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan will continue to be listed on Injured Reserve and will not count against the Club's 23-man roster limit. The Club's Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception will continue until the Conditioning Loan ends, and his Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses will continue to count against the Club's Upper Limit and the Players' Share during such time. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is placed on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan. If he has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan to evade Re-Entry Waivers or otherwise to Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take other disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate. A Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Conditioning Loan may be extended on one occasion. This procedure can only be used once during each period of time that the Player is on a Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:32 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

If Meszaros OK's it, then it is allowed "for a period not to exceed up to the longer of six (6) days and three (3) games..."
that's all legaleese, anyone have an English translation?

Old
02-23-2013, 04:35 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
that's all legaleese, anyone have an English translation?
That is as simple as I can state it:

If Meszaros allows it, he can go for either 6 days or three games max (based on the prior CBA, I have yet to see the current CBA).

Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
That is as simple as I can state it:

If Meszaros allows it, he can go for either 6 days or three games max (based on the prior CBA, I have yet to see the current CBA).
he should, we don't need a Dman to be not up to speed, it's easier to plug in a forward than a D

Old
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Any reason for Hartnell's tinted visor today? Just Hartnell being Hartnell?

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:21 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Any reason for Hartnell's tinted visor today? Just Hartnell being Hartnell?
An eye infection is what someone on CSN mentioned.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

Quote:
#immunesystemdown

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:

Old
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
Thanks MSE

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
doubtful. lavi seems pretty high on gervais.
If ice time is any indication Gervais will be the odd man out. Gus has had much more ice time than Gervais since getting in the lineup

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Ryker

Quote:
No, he's not. It's cool to hate Gervais and Foster, and cool to inflate Gustafsson's play, because he's come through our system. I'd prefer him to succeed, as well, but right now he's been pretty interchangeable with Gervais. As far as defensive duties are concerned, I actually prefer Gervais.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

Briere went down to the Phantoms for a conditioning assignment in 08-09 for 3 games. It can be done.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

The latest, absolute latest update:

Quote:
Mez will see a dr. later this week for his dislocated shoulder; he still has some pain, but is hoping he gets cleared for contact.
Source: Sam C. @ Philly Inq.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
The latest, absolute latest update:

Source: Sam C. @ Philly Inq.
Jeesh..how much pain? He should heal up as much as possible. No sense coming in and back out again. Seriously, Mesz is starting to become a medical basket case like Walker..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
No, he's not. It's cool to hate Gervais and Foster, and cool to inflate Gustafsson's play, because he's come through our system. I'd prefer him to succeed, as well, but right now he's been pretty interchangeable with Gervais. As far as defensive duties are concerned, I actually prefer Gervais.
He's significantly better then both in the offensive zone and in his short stint with the team this year he's also been better in his own zone. It's reflected in his ice time and the fact that he was out there with a minute left and a one goal lead. I'm not saying he's great but he's been better then Gervais.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would prefer to play Gus and let him develop. You know what you get with Gervais.
I still think Gervais makes some terrible decisions positionally and on numerous occasions has had to get bailed out by Bryzgalov.
Now hes not the only one guilty of that by any means, but at some point you have to see what you have with Gus long term. Sending him back to ADK when Mez gets back does the kid no good at all.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's significantly better then both in the offensive zone and in his short stint with the team this year he's also been better in his own zone. It's reflected in his ice time and the fact that he was out there with a minute left and a one goal lead. I'm not saying he's great but he's been better then Gervais.
I guess we'll have to disagree about some of the stuff then. I can remember some gaffes by both players, but can only remember good defensive work from Gervais. There were a couple of occasions when he had me thinking what a great defensive play that was, so that's why I'm perhaps not as fast to write him off. I agree Gus handles the puck better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I would prefer to play Gus and let him develop. [...], but at some point you have to see what you have with Gus long term. Sending him back to ADK when Mez gets back does the kid no good at all.
I agree, and that's maybe why I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, i.e. have him rather than Gervais stay with the big club, as well. After all, we all love our prospects around here

Old
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Meszaros is quoted on the Flyers' web site:

Quote:
Andrej Meszaros practiced with the team today, but said he wasn’t sure the 7-10 day time frame general manager Paul Holmgren suggested last Thursday fr his return from a dislocated shoulder was accurate.

“I’m not feeling great,” Meszaros said. “I’ve been skating and practicing, but there have been no battle drills so I haven’t done that yet. I’ll go see the doctor this week and we’ll go from there.”

Meszaros added that his shooting has not improved and that he’s going to switch sticks to try to help with pain management.

“I hope it’s [7-10] days, but you don’t want to push your injury and come back too soon because then if it happens again you’ll be out for awhile,” Meszaros said. “I’m going to try to stay positive, work on it and try to get back as soon as possible.”

Old
02-25-2013, 04:24 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
We must be watching two different players because Gervais is a disaster back there. Play him more than 12 to 14 minutes and he absolutely crumbles. Gustafsson has looked very good, very sharp and very confident back there. He might not be a big hitter, but his positioning is very sound and he doesn't panic when he has the puck. He's skating very smoothly and he's making the safe play.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
We must be watching two different players because Gervais is a disaster back there. Play him more than 12 to 14 minutes and he absolutely crumbles. Gustafsson has looked very good, very sharp and very confident back there. He might not be a big hitter, but his positioning is very sound and he doesn't panic when he has the puck. He's skating very smoothly and he's making the safe play.
Agreed, I've been pretty impressed with him. I think he's got more than bottom pairing potential if his offense comes around a bit, he could slide nicely into a middle pair.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
He did actually look quite good against Toronto last night, and certainly better than Gervais. So yeah, I might come to your stance in a couple of games, as well. I might have been wrong this whole time. Although in all honesty, I still wouldn't say Gervais is a disaster back there. On a couple of occasions, yes, he did look quite shaky, but overall it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. But, again, Gustafsson admittedly look much better.