HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I disagree. I think he deserves to have 1 last good playoff run. Sens aren't going anywhere this year anyways, might as well get another good prosect or 1st round pick. Sens have a very bright future.
They aren't going anywhere? Well last I checked they won 2 in a row and they're sitting 3 points behind Montreal. I don't think they'll have the occasion to even think about asking Alfie if he wants to play with another team.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Lang played what 3/4 of the season and Pateryn well i'm not so sure if he ever makes it so it was a steal by the Leafs especially considering the production the Leafs have got since acquiring the services of Grabovski. Please don't tell me you would make that deal over if you had the choice right now!
The fact that the pick was traded for Lang had nothing to do with the Grabovsky trade.

If we trade Subban for a 2nd rounder, it's a bad trade, even if the 2nd rounder becomes a Parise or Toews. Goes the other way too, 2nd rounder is worth a 2nd rounder(can vay a bit depending on quality of draft).

The Grabovsky deal was a good one at the time, how he developped in only partially relevant and what we did with the pick is not relevant. He had not established himself as an NHL regular and was not getting along with management, they traded him before he bolted to the KHL like Perezhogin.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The fact that the pick was traded for Lang had nothing to do with the Grabovsky trade.

If we trade Subban for a 2nd rounder, it's a bad trade, even if the 2nd rounder becomes a Parise or Toews. Goes the other way too, 2nd rounder is worth a 2nd rounder(can vay a bit depending on quality of draft).

The Grabovsky deal was a good one at the time, how he developped in only partially relevant and what we did with the pick is not relevant. He had not established himself as an NHL regular and was not getting along with management, they traded him before he bolted to the KHL like Perezhogin.
Grabovski is a 2nd liner on a non-playoff team so even with how he's turned out getting a second round for him and a prospect is pretty decent value. A guy like Mike Ribeiro was just traded for a 2nd rounder and a prospect/young player in Eakin and Ribeiro is a consistent 60-70 point player.

I don't get why people make it sound like Grabovski is worth much more than what we got. Plugs like Jason Blake, Stajan and Ponikarovski have even put up over 50 points in Toronto due to playing tons of minutes because their teams lacked talent and from not having to play as defensive under Ron Wilson's system. Grabovski is already struggling under Carlyle to put up points and he'd struggle to put up points on most good teams.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Pigems*

What could we get from new jersey for Gio? We gotta make a place for Eller and he is the one that's not making the cut at this point. Who else could go with? LeBlanc and a pick? Does jersey have anyone that could help us or should just give him up for picks to make space?

Old
02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
pine

vCash: 50
DD and Leblanc for Columbus' 2013 1st round pick (thanks to Cyclones Rock for the suggestion)

Old
02-23-2013, 01:44 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
DD and Leblanc for Columbus' 2013 1st round pick (thanks to Cyclones Rock for the suggestion)
Why would Columbus take it?

Old
02-23-2013, 04:24 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

Yes and no, maybe Gainey knew that he needed a 2nd rounder to get Robert Lang.

Further, Toronto gave Montreal exclusive negotiating rights to Mats Sundin for future considerations. I was always assumed that was the Grabovski trade.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:14 PM
DAChampion

Detroit currently has the third worst power play in the league, with a 12.8% success rate. Here are two trade proposals, one of which is ambitious, the other is modest:

To Detroit
Andrei Markov
Erik Cole
To Montreal
Johan Franzen (assuming his injury isn't long-term).
1st round draft pick
Miscellaneous salary/roster dump to balance the accounts, e.g. Danny Cleary

In this trade, cap space is approximately conserved, with Montreal gaining short-term and Detroit gaining long-term. Montreal improves at forward, and Detroit improves on defense.

alternatively:

To Detroit
Tomas Kaberle
Yannick Weber
To Montreal
2nd round draft pick 2013
3rd round draft pick 2014

Helps both teams, potentially.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Yes and no, maybe Gainey knew that he needed a 2nd rounder to get Robert Lang.

Further, Toronto gave Montreal exclusive negotiating rights to Mats Sundin for future considerations. I was always assumed that was the Grabovski trade.
Regardless, he could have changed his mind and kept the pick...or trade another 2nd.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Detroit currently has the third worst power play in the league, with a 12.8% success rate. Here are two trade proposals, one of which is ambitious, the other is modest:

To Detroit
Andrei Markov
Erik Cole
To Montreal
Johan Franzen (assuming his injury isn't long-term).
1st round draft pick
Miscellaneous salary/roster dump to balance the accounts, e.g. Danny Cleary

In this trade, cap space is approximately conserved, with Montreal gaining short-term and Detroit gaining long-term. Montreal improves at forward, and Detroit improves on defense.

alternatively:

To Detroit
Tomas Kaberle
Yannick Weber
To Montreal
2nd round draft pick 2013
3rd round draft pick 2014

Helps both teams, potentially.
Why would we trade Cole and Markov? I'm sure trading those two is the furthest thing from MB's mind.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Keaton Ellerby only got a 5th. He was playing. Weber, at best will probably get a 5th. Kaberle, a 7th.

If we get anything more than that I'd be super excited.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
NLHabsFan

When is Nokelainen expected to return from injured reserve? Is there any timeline? When he gets back the Habs will have a 24 man roster, 1 body too many. Do you think someone will be waived or a trade of one of Kaberle or Weber? Though I like the defensive depth for injuries. Maybe a forward being moved instead. A player will probably be moved for a late pick. Any team needing defensive depth give up a late round pick for Weber? He needs a team to give him that opportunity so his development don't stall and I don't think he will get that chance in MTL again.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
When is Nokelainen expected to return from injured reserve? Is there any timeline? When he gets back the Habs will have a 24 man roster, 1 body too many. Do you think someone will be waived or a trade of one of Kaberle or Weber? Though I like the defensive depth for injuries. Maybe a forward being moved instead. A player will probably be moved for a late pick. Any team needing defensive depth give up a late round pick for Weber? He needs a team to give him that opportunity so his development don't stall and I don't think he will get that chance in MTL again.
The way White has been playing, plus he is a RH center, I wouldn't be surprised if Noke is the one moved....unless they can flip Kaberle or Weber for good return.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:35 PM
PYG85

Quote:
The way White has been playing, plus he is a RH center, I wouldn't be surprised if Noke is the one moved....unless they can flip Kaberle or Weber for good return.
Agree

Old
02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Pigems*

What would it cost us to get Neil from Ottawa? Their hurting for this year and will most likely be sellers at the deadline? He'd be a great addition considering our newfound playing style

Old
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
What would it cost us to get Neil from Ottawa? Their hurting for this year and will most likely be sellers at the deadline? He'd be a great addition considering our newfound playing style
He brings the same thing as Prust. I don't see it being worth the cost. They'd probably want a 1st or Beaulieu/Tinordi from us.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Pigems*

What about one of weber or Kaberle plus a pick and or prospect like LeBlanc?

Old
02-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Pigems*

Neil is bigger and heavier then prust is he not? Able to fight the next tier above prust?

Old
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Neil is bigger and heavier then prust is he not? Able to fight the next tier above prust?
He definitely doesn't look any bigger to me.

I would definitely not trade LeBlanc in that type of deal. This would be the worst time to trade him anyways.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:10 PM
andy28

Quote:
He definitely doesn't look any bigger to me.
Neil is a lot more rugged than Prust, I think. He can fight and he is an effective player. I always kind of wanted Neil on the Habs. But at the same time, we have a lot of bottom line guys already, so I don't see that happening. I would rather have Neil than Armstrong.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Neil is a lot more rugged than Prust, I think. He can fight and he is an effective player. I always kind of wanted Neil on the Habs. But at the same time, we have a lot of bottom line guys already, so I don't see that happening. I would rather have Neil than Armstrong.
I would too, but not at a cost of Beaulieu or our 1st round pick in a strong draft. IMHO it would cost AT LEAST that for Ottawa to trade him to us.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:03 AM
rockjngo

How about this??

To MTL: Brenden Morrow, Stephane Robidas, 2nd round pick
To DAL: Erik Cole, Josh Gorges, 4th round pick

To MTL: R.J. Umberger, 4th round pick
To TBL: David Desharnais, Yannick Weber

----------------------------------------------------

I think Cole isn't giving 100% every game. He looks less interested. Dallas would be closer to his home in Carolina. I really hate Gorges' offense killer style. I'm a fan of Morrow and I know he'll give 100%. Robidas is a puck movig dman like Diaz.

Desharnais would NOT last long in the playoffs, he's too easy to be pushed around. We already have weak Plekanec. Umberger is an in your face shut down center.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
To MTL: Brenden Morrow, Stephane Robidas, 2nd round pick
To DAL: Erik Cole, Josh Gorges, 4th round pick

To MTL: R.J. Umberger, 4th round pick
To TBL: David Desharnais, Yannick Weber

----------------------------------------------------

I think Cole isn't giving 100% every game. He looks less interested. Dallas would be closer to his home in Carolina. I really hate Gorges' offense killer style. I'm a fan of Morrow and I know he'll give 100%. Robidas is a puck movig dman like Diaz.

Desharnais would NOT last long in the playoffs, he's too easy to be pushed around. We already have weak Plekanec. Umberger is an in your face shut down center.
Hell no, morrow isn't any better than cole, and gorges is worth more than robidas and a 2nd,

Umberger, is terrible I'm not Desharnais' biggest fan but I would rather have him than nobody.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:21 AM
schumway2

Have you seen any of these guys play? Morrow is the punching bag for Stars fans. Umberger is on a ridiculous contract for what he brings. We'd downgrade our team with these deals.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Does not make sense to trade players for draft picks at this point.
Trading Cole or Deharnais to get higher draft picks is sending the message to the team that you are no longer competing to go in PO.
Both trade in this page delivers more picks.

Also trading while you have the most points in the East seems strange.
People seems focus on changing the chemistry of this team.

BTW, DD and Leblanc for Columbus 1st would not work. To get their first you need to offer Gally...

Closed Thread