HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i love our third line this year
Most consistent every game, getting pressure and good looks every other shift. They just need some more finish.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
not sure why you guys are so against byfuglien. he's serviceable defensively and one of the best offensive dmen in the game. he would instantly improve our pp and already knows alot of the guys on the team.

that said, there's no way we get him.
Half of the guys from our team's core worth keeping long term are the ex Hawks. Sucks you guys had to lose them but neither Ladd nor Buff will be going anywhere for a longgggg time. It's actually quite astonishing to me that both were bottom six players- even on a Cup winner.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
cherrypik

I'm convinced that Stan will never get that 2c. So I would trade prospects and Bolland for top tier PF LW'er. We need some to protect our guys in out top six and consistently stand in front of the net on the PP. Can someone list any possible available LW PF other than Jerome because they will want a ton for him.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Hawkaholic

We have a #2C, his name is Bolland.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We have a #2C, his name is Bolland.
No we have a 3rd line C playing in #2 C spot and struggling

Old
02-23-2013, 04:59 PM
feichter

My question now is; with Fasth resigned in ANH...how hard would we need to go in to get Hiller in a Hawks' uni?? If we are SERIOUS about a cup this year, I see G as our linchpin.

Aside from that, I really see no need for trades until some kind of injury in the top 6 comes. A #2 C would be nice, but clearly DBol can get it done, and Krueger will likely develop into that guy over time.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by feichter View Post
My question now is; with Fasth resigned in ANH...how hard would we need to go in to get Hiller in a Hawks' uni?? If we are SERIOUS about a cup this year, I see G as our linchpin.

Aside from that, I really see no need for trades until some kind of injury in the top 6 comes. A #2 C would be nice, but clearly DBol can get it done, and Krueger will likely develop into that guy over time.
As great as the goaltending has been this year, I'm skeptical of it going forward as well. But Anaheim isn't going to trade Hiller to the one team in the Western conference that they are chasing.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:06 PM
TwistedWrister90

There's no need for the Hawks to go after a goalie right now

Old
02-23-2013, 05:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Hiller is not the guy to be wasting ammo on when it comes to improving this team.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Elbows of Bure

Hey guys,

I come in teeth gritting peace. If it hasn't been mentioned already, Pierre Gauthier has been following the Canucks on their roadtrip.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02...owing-canucks/

The relevant info can be found at third heading in the link.

I have no idea who Gauthier is watching, as both our teams need centres, and not much else. I imagine most Hawks fans don't look at the Canucks roster and wish for various players.... at all. But there it is.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure View Post
Hey guys,

I come in teeth gritting peace. If it hasn't been mentioned already, Pierre Gauthier has been following the Canucks on their roadtrip.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02...owing-canucks/

The relevant info can be found at third heading in the link.

I have no idea who Gauthier is watching, as both our teams need centres, and not much else. I imagine most Hawks fans don't look at the Canucks roster and wish for various players.... at all. But there it is.
Corey Schneider is probably the guy I would want from Vancouver, and Vancouver would be absolutely nuts to trade him here.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
TwistedWrister90

Bolland is a much better fit as the 3C, but all the lines have been playing great for the most part and Shaw has really improved at C since the beginning of the season. So going after a 2C would be great, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't get one, unless Bolland keeps getting hurt.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Corey Schneider is probably the guy I would want from Vancouver, and Vancouver would be absolutely nuts to trade him here.
I would love Tanev

Would be nice to have another quality young defender going forward since outside of Clendening there isn't much in system to be honest at all near NHL (Hopefully Johns makes jump and does well in AHL)

Olsen is a #6/7 at best in NHL

Old
02-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Bolland is a much better fit as the 3C, but all the lines have been playing great for the most part and Shaw has really improved at C since the beginning of the season. So going after a 2C would be great, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't get one, unless Bolland keeps getting hurt.
#2 line has struggled all year

It constantly gets caught in its own end and is brutal most games offensively

Most of SHarp/Kane pts have come with PP or other linemates not with Bolland at even strength

Old
02-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
#2 line has struggled all year

It constantly gets caught in its own end and is brutal most games offensively

Most of SHarp/Kane pts have come with PP or other linemates not with Bolland at even strength
Yeah and Kane seems to be moving out of his hot streak as well. I don't think anything warrants a change at this point...just watching it closely perhaps.

We all know Bolland shines in the playoffs. That's more important than shining in the first half of the season.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
No we have a 3rd line C playing in #2 C spot and struggling
He's a 2nd line C, he's just struggling and fighting injuries. No doubt in my mind he can handle the role when it matters.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:13 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
I would love Tanev

Would be nice to have another quality young defender going forward since outside of Clendening there isn't much in system to be honest at all near NHL (Hopefully Johns makes jump and does well in AHL)

Olsen is a #6/7 at best in NHL
I wouldn't say Olsen is at best a #6/7, but he really needs to work on his skating. My comparison last year was a 20 year younger SOD. That's how how plays and how he moves.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
puterwiz53

I think the Hawks would be better of switching Bolland and Shaw. Put Shaw as 2nd line center and Bolland back as 3rd line center.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

The guy we would add from VAN has to be 1 of their goalies. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. With the way Goaltending has been so far, there is no reason to trade for a goalie.

Hiller? I'd love him. Proven PO goalie that gets it all together. ANA would give him to us when it makes them better in the end.

I don't see Bowman making any moves soon

Old
02-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He's a 2nd line C, he's just struggling and fighting injuries. No doubt in my mind he can handle the role when it matters.
Other than a couple of playoff series, just about sums up his career thus far.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Other than a couple of playoff series, just about sums up his career thus far.
Bolland's never struggled when he's been in the line-up. He's been unlucky with injuries, but hasn't really had a recurring injury that's plagued him.

In 2009-10 he had surgery on a herniated disc (back) and in 2010-11 he had a concussion for an errant elbow by Kubina. Those two injuries are responsible for most of the time he's missed.

His back has been fine since the surgery and any player, at any time, can sustain a concussion.

EDIT: And now that I think of it, a herniated disc isn't even an injury. He didn't get hit and suddenly have a herniated disc. It was a problem with his back that needed to be corrected, it was, and now his back's fine.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

If the Hawks are trading for anything is C depth. While I agree with Savara and that I don't have total faith in our goalies, they have earned a chance this year with their play and I think we're OK on D depth for now. We see with Bolland out a game just how quickly our C depth falls. God help us if Toews ever misses a 2-3 game stretch, Bolland, Kruger, Shaw, Mayers, isn't exactly the C depth of a Cup winning team.

Doesn't even have to be a star player, just a reliable NHL C who can do what you expect from a 2-3 C. Win draws, back-check well, put up 40+ points. Because this team lacks it. Then you could slot Bolland back to #3 where he is best especially come play-offs.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
If the Hawks are trading for anything is C depth. While I agree with Savara and that I don't have total faith in our goalies, they have earned a chance this year with their play and I think we're OK on D depth for now. We see with Bolland out a game just how quickly our C depth falls. God help us if Toews ever misses a 2-3 game stretch, Bolland, Kruger, Shaw, Mayers, isn't exactly the C depth of a Cup winning team.

Doesn't even have to be a star player, just a reliable NHL C who can do what you expect from a 2-3 C. Win draws, back-check well, put up 40+ points. Because this team lacks it. Then you could slot Bolland back to #3 where he is best especially come play-offs.
You can say that about any team with their #1 centre. You don't make moves around potential injuries that may or may not happen in the future. I'm not saying Chicago shouldn't go out and get another centre, but you can't be worried about things that haven't/may not happen.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I'd love to be able watch games through your lens, but I just see too much.

Every injury is unfortunate, never said it was his fault. Would you blame Bobby Orr for having bad knees?
He hasn't struggled. I don't care that he's not putting up a lot of points, that's not his role on a line with Sharp and Kane IMO. He's to chip in when he gets chances and supplement Kane and Sharp's game by covering their ***** defensively.. and he's still scoring at a 25-goal pace.

I wouldn't blame Orr for his knees, but that's a recurrng injury. Bolland had a bad back, which was corrected and then sustained a concussion.. it's not as if he continuely wrecks his shoulder, knee or back. He hasn't been injury "prone", he's been injury "unlucky", if that makes sense. Of course, every injury is unlucky, but Bolland doesn't have a recurring problem.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He hasn't struggled. I don't care that he's not putting up a lot of points, that's not his role on a line with Sharp and Kane IMO. He's to chip in when he gets chances and supplement Kane and Sharp's game by covering their ***** defensively.. and he's still scoring at a 25-goal pace.
Not struggling? Whose arse is he saving when he's the only minus player on that line, or any other for that matter

On pace for 25 goals? Also on pace for 35 points, playing with Sharp and Kane.

Closed Thread