HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs 2 John Scott 0

Old
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Number13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
So he's Colton Orr? Don't be a tool.

Number13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
KuleminFan41

That Orr fight is just insane. Scott made Orr look like a little kid in size comparison!

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Superstar

Carlyle is molding this team into one that's extremely tough and hard to play against. I remember that championship Anaheim team he molded was tough as nails and a pain to play against.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
don't know what they are watching no way we are only winning 60% of our fights
Winning 64% and drawing 9%. Losing 27% (Orr to Westgarth, McLaren to Thorburn, Fraser to Foligno and MacDermid, Brown to Prust and Crombeen).

Nothing to sneeze at. It's pretty impressive to be leading the league in fights and still maintaining a top-3 winning percentage.

Marco Esquandolas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
John Scott makes Orr look like Gretzky.

For once I agreed with Jack Edwards when he said that "Scott is as close to an old-fashioned goon as you could get".
They are both terrible hockey players who are liabilities to their team outside of the niche they fill. Orr is more of a goon than Scott. Scott's just a good old fashioned enforcer, he's very classy. Doesn't take runs at guys, doesn't take cheap shots, he's just generally classy and follows the code pretty much to a T. Check out his interview after the fight with Scott, very classy. Orr's pretty much a goon (and I love it). He takes runs at players, takes cheap shots, he's full of much more disrespect and fire. If Scott had Orr's mentality he'd be ridiculously terrifying.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 12:32 AM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
So he's Colton Orr? Don't be a tool.
Stupidest comment so far, there is no one in the NHL that is ever close to Orrs level as a enforcer. Scott fumbles his way over and asks Mclaren to fight. Orr showed in Mtl how a true enforcer acts. To even say Scott is a enforcer is laughable.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Christ

Love in the second fight seeing how closly Fraser is watching the action. Anyone think he may be "studying" for when Scott tries going after him? I mean Scott has already lost to our other two Leaf enforcers, think he may try for hat trick with Fraser?

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Hawaiinleaf

Love Orr running Canadians...

Toronto under Burns was a tough as nails team and we played very well and went deep in the playoffs

This team has that potential we have the right coach and 80% of the players, Reilly is one thats missing but on the way, just need a big winger for top 6 and a big centre..

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Donkey Punch
Rookie User

Scott is too nice of a guy....

to be a real enforcer. You gotta have a guy that might snap and hulk out if disrespected. Think Orr at the end of the Montreal game, or Probert every second of every shift he played.

Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
to be a real enforcer. You gotta have a guy that might snap and hulk out if disrespected. Think Orr at the end of the Montreal game, or Probert every second of every shift he played.
Probert was an animal. Genuinely nice guy too. Had a number of chances to share brews with him here in Windsor. He was also the prototype for Darren McCarty. A guy who could scrap with the best of'em, and contribute on the ice and in the room.

I had the pleasure of spending time with both of them. They're a lot more important than people give them credit for, for their respective teams.

CrankuptheSnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Hawaiinleaf

I grew up watching global sports at University hoping to see Probie or Kocur in a scrap..

Its not there play alone that effects the entire team its the space and courage it gives smaller or more skilled players to push harder...

Last year we had none of that zero...

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
John Scott makes Orr look like Gretzky.

For once I agreed with Jack Edwards when he said that "Scott is as close to an old-fashioned goon as you could get".
Let's take a step back here. The only fighter on our team who seems to be playing well is Fraser I mean Macleren and Orr have had some pretty big defensive laps this year. Would not call them "regular shift." fighters.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Drop The Mits
KeepCalmCorsi'sWrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Let's take a step back here. The only fighter on our team who seems to be playing well is Fraser I mean Macleren and Orr have had some pretty big defensive laps this year. Would not call them "regular shift." fighters.
Mclaren is a 0 and Orr is a +1. I don't know where the "defensive lapses" come from. +/- isn't a good statistic for most situations but in this one it shows perfectly that both can play a regular shift. Especially Orr playing a couple of games on the third line with Kadri and MacArthur and still coming out a plus

Drop The Mits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:13 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
The same John Scott who KO'd Bruins enforcer Shawn Thornton earlier this year, isn't doing so well against our tough guys.

Jan 21 - TKO

Feb 21 - On Points

hard to judge which i like better.

i kind of love all the Canadiens beat-downs.

Go Leafs Go!

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Mclaren is a 0 and Orr is a +1. I don't know where the "defensive lapses" come from. +/- isn't a good statistic for most situations but in this one it shows perfectly that both can play a regular shift. Especially Orr playing a couple of games on the third line with Kadri and MacArthur and still coming out a plus
I can recall our fourth line getting hemmed into their zone numerous times during the start of the season. I like Maclaren and Orr and have nothing against fighters but to think they are in a different world than Scott seems odd. I mean none of them are Shawn Thornton who can play a good 11-14 mins a night.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote