Old
02-22-2013, 09:05 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
koko had a goal and 3 assists on Thursday
Dom said he would finish atleast 4th on the Spits scoring list on his twitter when he rejoined em... Great call on his part...dude is flying and producing.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Dom said he would finish atleast 4th on the Spits scoring list on his twitter when he rejoined em... Great call on his part...dude is flying and producing.
I see Windsor's last game is March 17th. Providence has 15 games after that. A decent amount of time to get a look at him. Even some games before the trade deadline in case another team is interested in dealing for him. I'm not advocating trading him. Just saying.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Actually, I said top 3 but then they acquired Slater Koekkoek within a week and I said I had to change it to top 4. But Koekkoek only played 2 games before going down with a season ending injury. So you can decide if my actual prediction was top 3 or top 4 now

Old
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Payne with a hat trick in a 9 0 plymouth win
nothing to do with our prospects but Sarnia beat Erie 13 to 3 tonight. Ouch
nothing else happening tonight.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Payne with a hat trick in a 9 0 plymouth win
nothing to do with our prospects but Sarnia beat Erie 13 to 3 tonight. Ouch
nothing else happening tonight.
Except Reid Boucher scored 4 goals and now sits just one goal shy of Stamkos' team record of 58.

Will be the only 60 goal scorer and possibly the only 50 goal scorer in the OHL this year. Leads Trocheck in second by 15 goals.

Played his draft year in 2011 in the USNTDP. Wanted this kid so badly in Boston, but didn't get the full exposure until he joined the OHL the following year. Devils got a steal here IMO with a 4th round 99th overall pick.

Everyone said "well he's only doing well because of Galchenyuk." Fact is, since AG joined the Habs, Boucher is putting up better numbers.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:34 AM
PepeBostones

Cody

That kid Cody Payne is really improving his status as a Bruins prospect, isnt he?
Last year he had in 60 games 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points along with over 100 PIM. Last night's hattrick gives him 20 goals and 19 assists for the season 39 pts in 56 games and 66 PIM. Good size at 6'02 200. What's your opinion, Dom and those of who have seen him play??

Old
02-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeBostones View Post
That kid Cody Payne is really improving his status as a Bruins prospect, isnt he?
Last year he had in 60 games 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points along with over 100 PIM. Last night's hattrick gives him 20 goals and 19 assists for the season 39 pts in 56 games and 66 PIM. Good size at 6'02 200. What's your opinion, Dom and those of who have seen him play??
Playing mostly 4th line but fills in when needed on top 2. This kid will push 50 goals next season in Plymouth playing top 6 when most of their forwards have graduated to NHL/AHL.

Here's an article I did back in January you might enjoy

http://fanvsfan.com/articles/cody-pa...wn-prospect--2

Old
02-23-2013, 08:51 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Playing mostly 4th line but fills in when needed on top 2. This kid will push 50 goals next season in Plymouth playing top 6 when most of their forwards have graduated to NHL/AHL.

you been telling me about this kid before he really started doing this stuff

nice call

Old
02-23-2013, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

5th round pick, possible gem, could be yet another example of just how inexact of a science the draft is. Ya just never know.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
We need a clever nickname for Payne.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:25 PM
PepeBostones

Cody

Thanks, that was an excellent article about Cody Payne and loved impressive reports from so many different scouts. Very positive reviews all along and must be, if continue to improve, climbing the Bruins prospect chart fast. I love the fact that two of the most improved players among Bruins hopefulls are big tough wingers, typical Bruin players. Tony Camara being the other one of course, whom I believe return to action tonight, and became my personal favorite during the world juniors. Certainly hope the Bruins hold onto them as I can understand they will draw alot of interest if Bruins make some trades.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Except Reid Boucher scored 4 goals and now sits just one goal shy of Stamkos' team record of 58.

Will be the only 60 goal scorer and possibly the only 50 goal scorer in the OHL this year. Leads Trocheck in second by 15 goals.

Played his draft year in 2011 in the USNTDP. Wanted this kid so badly in Boston, but didn't get the full exposure until he joined the OHL the following year. Devils got a steal here IMO with a 4th round 99th overall pick.

Everyone said "well he's only doing well because of Galchenyuk." Fact is, since AG joined the Habs, Boucher is putting up better numbers.
The Devils have a few real potential steals in the last couple drafts. Imagine how we'd react having a 4th in our prospect pool doing what he's doing.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:07 PM
JMiller

Quote:
The Devils have a few real potential steals in the last couple drafts. Imagine how we'd react having a 4th in our prospect pool doing what he's doing.
Like Griffith, taken in the 5th?

Old
02-23-2013, 06:24 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
We need a clever nickname for Payne.
maximum PAYENE!!!!

Old
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Subban 36 saves on 38 shots and the W
Payne 0
Camara 1 assist

Old
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
agreen23

If we have to move either Koko or Spooner in a deadline deal, who do you keep?

Both have lots of potential. Koko may have a little more upside where as Spoons is a bit safer.

I would personally keep Koko. We're deep at center and Kokos game can translate to the wing. Both are dynamic but I see Koko as more of a pure scorer because of his deadly release.

Similar size. Similar hands. Spoons is a better skater and maybe a better passer. Koko has more finish and goes to the dirty areas a bit more.

Ill be very bummed if we move one at the deadline but in Chia we trust. Hopefully a move will result in some additional hardware.

On another note, I love how our prospect pool is shaping up. Camara and Payne look like gritty power forwards with some finish. Excited to see what Payne does in a top 6 role next year with Plymouth. Knight is gritty and hardworking with a deadly shot. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Koko and Spoons are dynamic. Griffith is a bit of a wildcard but his floor will be a great AHL player. We'll see if his offense can translate to the N where he will be neither fast nor big and strong.

Krug and Grizz both look like dynamic bottom pairing guys who will excel on the PP. Cant see both of them in Bs jerseys together though. Too much overlap. Excited to see how Trotman and O'Gara develop. Wonder if Bart is in the future plans.

Goalie depth is excellent.

In the upcoming draft, I would like to add some skill and grit on the wings and some size on the back end.

Last edited by agreen23: 02-23-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

I don't think we should deal away any of our young prospects. Team is doing ok now and I don't see why we need to rush off and start mortgaging the future when the present is going good.
Why do people always assume that trading at the deadline will somehow guarantee winning? Anyone remember the Gonchar trade? We didn't win FA and He took off after the season was over so it turned out to be a waste.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvartalnov_Fan View Post
I don't think we should deal away any of our young prospects. Team is doing ok now and I don't see why we need to rush off and start mortgaging the future when the present is going good.
Why do people always assume that trading at the deadline will somehow guarantee winning? Anyone remember the Gonchar trade? We didn't win FA and He took off after the season was over so it turned out to be a waste.
I`m a huge proponent of keeping prospects, but also a proponent of doing what`s best for the team to enhance their chance of winning and have long recognized that as much as it can sometimes hurt giving up a prospect, it`s also important to have the stance that, until proven otherwise, they are just prospects with no guarantees.

Sure there are some that I`m sure have the brass thinking they are better bets to make it than not, but in order to add pieces, often they will have to subtract and if there`s one thing this GM, his scouting staff have proven, they`ll give up a pick, prospect, for the betterment of this team. I`m thinking they have kind of a hush hush "off limits" prospect or two. I`m thinking that Spooner is one, and I also think they don`t do a thing with Knight until he gets healthy and they see 100% what they have.

I could see a Caron (not sure if he`s still a "prospect") Koko/Krug all being in play

Old
02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

koko 1 goal 1 assist today
Payne zero's
Subban allowed 3 on 37 shots and got the win.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

Anybody know why Khokhlachev came back to NA? Was it planned this way or was just not getting enough ice time in the K? Or maybe his team was eliminated? I have to admit, I have been slacking off on my KHL watching...
Thanks

Old
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Anybody know why Khokhlachev came back to NA? Was it planned this way or was just not getting enough ice time in the K? Or maybe his team was eliminated? I have to admit, I have been slacking off on my KHL watching...
Thanks
I think his dad was fired as the GM or somthing.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
I think his dad was fired as the GM or somthing.
Think your right, also thought I heard reports that it didn`t go as well as he had hoped in the KHL. Unlike Yakupov, Koko had some struggles, not sure about what kind of team he was playing on but he didn`t exactly produce a ton, think 5-6pts in almost 30 games?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thanks
I heard an interview where he said the Bruins wanted him to come back.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

yeah, his numbers were weak, but as someone who has followed the K since back in the RSL days, I'm not too worried. A lot of the now elite NHL Russians did not put up big numbers in Russia.

Plus people have to note that young and unproven players often are played sparingly until the coach trusts them. Now this mentality may have changed in recent years, but I'm sure that a kid like KhokHo was not getting premium minutes on the top 2 lines and PP time to boot.

I still think he is our best offensive prospect but that's just my gut and a predisposition for supporting Russian players in general

EDIT:
link from a Yahoo Sports article about Khokho:
HERE

snippet:

"Khokhlachev is seeing limited ice time and not playing centre.
In 19 games, he has just one goal and two points and is a minus five playing for a team that sits tied for last in the Western Conference.
"We're not a really good team this year and I'm not scoring goals, but the experience is good for me," Khokhlachev said.
"It's tough to lose a lot and not score goals."

Last edited by Kvartalnov_Fan: 02-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Closed Thread