HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington as sellers?

Old
02-23-2013, 05:30 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
reality check. from all appearances ribeiro is really happy with how his skills fit into washington's lineup. i would guess he signs an extension and stays.

if he refuses that, the caps will trade him at the deadline and get no help of any immediate(for the next season) help. i am not sure how a rookie helps them much next season.

the caps will sell of guys like chimera and hamrlik and poti for nothing of value and save a few dollars.

the caps wont trade off players under contract for coming seasons, though.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
If your a team like the Hawks I think you have to go for it now. Aquiring guy like Ribiero makes sense even if it means parting with some really good prospects.
Its now or never...........
How on earth is it now or never for Hawks? Its not like this is some team filled with vets on last legs

Core players
Kane = 24 yrs old
Toews = 24 yrs old
Seabrook = 27 yrs old
Keith = 29 yrs old
Sharp = 31 yrs old
Hossa = 34 yrs old

Role/Supporting players
Saad = 20 yrs old
Leddy = 21 yrs old
Shaw = 21 yrs old
Kruger = 22 yrs old
Frolik = 24 yrs old
Hjalmarsson = 25 yrs old
Bickell = 26 yrs old
Bolland - 26 yrs old
Stalberg - 27 yrs old
Crawford = 28 yrs old
Carcillo 28 yrs old
Emery = 30 yrs old
Oduya = 31 yrs old
Brookbank = 32 yrs old
Rozsival = 34 yrs old
Mayers = 38 yrs old

Only Sharp/Oduya/Emery/Hossa are 30 or older pieces with significant roles on team (Guys like Rozy/Mayers at end of careers , Brookbank a role player)

Not to mention

TT , Danault , Hayes brothers , Mcneill , Morin and Clendening in pipeline

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

What's the asking price for Kundratek? a 2nd rounder?

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
What's the asking price for Kundratek? a 2nd rounder?
I doubt they'd trade him for futures. I'd imagine he'd be used in a re-tooling type deal for a more experienced player.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:17 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How on earth is it now or never for Hawks? Its not like this is some team filled with vets on last legs
See Capitals, Washington circa 2009-10.

You go for it when you have the chance, because you never know what's going to happen with your young studs.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
a. mcphee is not a terrible gm. youve seen terrible gm's that with all the good young players available to them couldnt build a playoff team, much less a team with a shot at the cup. lets start with howson but there are others.

b. i think its instructive to consider that most players on the caps roster are not going to be traded. if as you say all the caps top players are overpaid and underperforming, wouldnt the caps best option be to get the most out of those players rather than give them away to get out from under the contracts? are all of ovechkin, backstrom, green, laich and carlson over the hill already? seriously?

so...would mcphee have been a better gm had he sold high? traded ovechkin before the big contract and trading mike green after his norris trophy finalist season?
Yes he should have traded Mike Green. The writing was on the wall for Mike Green. His game fell way off as soon as he was banged up. And I still would not trust him to stay on the ice for a 20+ game playoff run.

Mr Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Hollywood163

I doubt they will be sellers. The Caps are at the bottom of the east but their only 4 points behind Carolina for the lead of the sad sack Southeast Division.

Realignment needs to happen soon and that division needs to get merged with the other teams in the East.

Hollywood163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM
txpd

i meant to ask...where did the information about mcphee and these one on one meetings come from? and what veterans were told they were going to sit in favor of young players?

the caps dont have any young players that are not playing that need to play. poti and hamrlik might sit so that kundratek can play but they have been anyway.

who else?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
See Capitals, Washington circa 2009-10.

You go for it when you have the chance, because you never know what's going to happen with your young studs.
I agree. You can't count on future success. With the fantastic start to the season that the Hawks have had - they should go all-in as much as reasonable. Sometimes the best use of prospects and draft picks are trade chips. A short term "sure thing" player is more valuable for the Hawks than prospects and picks based on the circumstances of this season.

I wouldn't advocate getting a player that would put the Hawks into cap-hell going into 2013/14 - but picking up a rental without hurting the current roster should be done.

Ribiero is being discussed in this thread, but I'd rather get either Filpulla from Detroit or Weiss from Florida, both UFAs, before Ribiero because they are both better defensively and on faceoffs than Ribiero. But I'd take any of them if the deal were right. All three would be a better center for Sharp and Kane than Bolland is, and would allow Bolland to go back to his very effective role of 3LC and also move Shaw out of 3LC to a wing where he is better suited for.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote