HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
2 goals and an assist for Nystrom today. 6 points in his last 5 games.
I kind of wish Collberg was still playing in the Allsvenskan. I know the quality decreased after the lockout, but it's still an adult league and he just seems completely out of his league in the SEL.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:33 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Yes, especially since he'd spend the first half of the WHL season as a 19 year old with his late December birth date. So he'd about as young as you can be for an overager. It's also quite possible he would be moved to a WHL contender since Saskatoon should be in rebuilding mode next season.

To me, it's just logic. He would play 25+ minutes a game in the WHL next year. In Hamilton, he may be a frequent healthy scratch or have a 3rd pairing role. Or he could be in the ECHL, which is always a bit of a dicey proposition.

Thanks for the Kristo video!
He might not be as ready as we thought he would be, but to me it's a toss-up. I like both options for him. There's still plenty of hockey to be played this year though, so my opinion could change.

Can't wait to see both of our prospects at the memorial cup.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

watched North Dakota vs Denver, what a game it was. Thought Kristo was outstanding and I really liked what I saw from Didier who had a huge blocked shot and then was he was getting up and turning he knocked the puck down the ice on the PK late in the 2nd in a tight game at home against a bitter rival and the 2 pts on the line were huge as Denver is on the bubble to make the Frozen Fours so every point counts big.

MacMillan was once again moved, this time he was back at center on the 3rd line. He had a good game imo, especially on the PK and had a few nice passes that his linemates couldn't convert.

Kristo was a mission though, broke his stick in half after putting a puck off the post in what would have tied the game. He's still tied for 2nd in the NCAA in goals, last nights goal tied his career high at 19. He's also 5th in the league in scoring but 1 more point would put him tied for 3rd.

Also watched the Michigan game, Bennett was back on the top pairing with trouba, thought he had a good game and was all over the place. Michigan played likely the best game i've seen from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
btw, Habs should sign JC Lipon. Guy is an animal. Got hammered from behind into the boards, i thought he was seriously concussed. But no, gets up after a few moments and starts throwing punches with the first Giant player he sees. This guy's going to be an NHLer, there's no doubt in my mind. Reminds me of Ryan White with slightly more skill.
I'd be interested for the Habs to draft him, big fan all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
MacMillan is really struggling...started with 17 points in 21 games and then went 1 point the last 10.

Kristo with 2 more points. Hopefully he can get some games in hamilton after the season, he's really made big strides.
He's being move all over the lineup as they struggle to find secondary scoring and a LW for the Kristo-Knight duo. The coaching staff still doesn't have an answer since they continue to shuffle the lineup. But I find MacMillan is playing well enough, just needs better linemates as he makes some sick passes and uses his speed well. His biggest problem is he has little lower body strength so he gets pushed around easily. Love the way he competes though and has a good skill set and a hard worker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Should be fun seeing both Dietz and Thrower play in Hamilton next year..I'm assuming Bennett will stay in the NCAA one last year.
Hard to guess what Bennett will want to do, but if he wants he can turn pro as he has the option to become a UFA in July if he wants. I think he's ready to turn pro, although he is under-sized he is very smart and has great mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Bennett will graduate and Thower will stay WHL another year. Tinordi NHL.
I hope they give Tinordi more time in the AHL but I fully expect him to see time in the NHL next year, I just rather it not be a full season. Bennett I could see turning pro, I don't see Thrower in the dub again at all although it would make things easier unless a trade is made, as I really don't want to see the Dogs D made up of all rookies and 2nd year players next season. I watch Thrower and while his decisions in the defensive zone concern me, I'd much rather see him learn in the AHL then spend a 5th year in the WHL playing against 16-20 year olds.

Quote:
Yes, especially since he'd spend the first half of the WHL season as a 19 year old with his late December birth date. So he'd about as young as you can be for an overager. It's also quite possible he would be moved to a WHL contender since Saskatoon should be in rebuilding mode next season.

To me, it's just logic. He would play 25+ minutes a game in the WHL next year. In Hamilton, he may be a frequent healthy scratch or have a 3rd pairing role. Or he could be in the ECHL, which is always a bit of a dicey proposition.
I'd still be surprised if the Habs were to have him play a 5th season in the dub, don't see the point as I prefer our prospects play against older players then younger. He's already playing a lot of ice time now so I don't see the upside of repeating that again as I'm sure he got a lot of ice time last year as well. After 4 full seasons in the dub, i'd much rather see a guy move on the pro level.

Although I do have big concerns over what management will do with Hamilton's defense next year since they clearly have a problem with too many rookies/2nd year players for next season so I don't know what the solution but will be interesting to see how management handles. The good thing is that there is no rush to sign or make a decision on Thrower so they could wait and see how he does at camp before chosing what's the best path for him.

Then again when I see him play he seems to make good plays in the offensive zone each time so to me he looks ready to turn pro.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Hudon with an empty netter and an assist.

His assist was great work along the boards.

I was blown away by his hockey sense the whole game. Constantly made smart plays.

The TVA analyst (Former Ducks head scout Alain Chaney) was just showering praise on him the whole game.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

MacMillan' offensive "problems" started with the arrival of....MacMillan.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

This is not a recording.

Darren Dietz has scored. #20.

Thrower has a goal and an assist too.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
MacMillan' offensive "problems" started with the arrival of....MacMillan.
Unfortunate how he can't create much anymore without the 2 dynamos. Sophomore slump.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

This is also not a recording. Kristo has scored. #20 for him too.

He also has an assist. MacMillan too.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

MacMillan with a goal now, his 10th. He added a 2nd assist.

Last year he ended strong in the last month or so, hopefully this is the start of another strong finish.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 02-23-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Danadiens

Wow Dietz is now a +3!!!

Wan't he a -20 at some point?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Hudon with an empty netter and an assist.

His assist was great work along the boards.

I was blown away by his hockey sense the whole game. Constantly made smart plays.

The TVA analyst (Former Ducks head scout Alain Chaney) was just showering praise on him the whole game.
He has all he need's to succeed. Reminds me of DD but with a greater shot, more grit and a better two-way game... He still needs to get faster/stronger

Old
02-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He has all he need's to succeed. Reminds me of DD but with a greater shot, more grit and a better two-way game... He still needs to get faster/stronger
He's not the playmaker Desharnais is, but he's better at everything else. I know people are insecure about the size of this team but as long as we keep drafting guys in the middle rounds who have no business going as late as they do like Hudon and Gallagher, keep on drafting smurfs.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:56 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

So how bad is Thrower in his own zone? Is he bad defensively or just make bad decisions with the puck?

I hope it's correctable. We have tons of players ahead of him so he sure won't be rushed. I really hope he can will himself a spot in the future. Him and Tinordi would make us pretty damn tough back there.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:48 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadiens View Post
Wow Dietz is now a +3!!!

Wan't he a -20 at some point?
He is +22 in February, 13 gp.

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-24-2013, 07:26 AM
WaltWhitman

UND(Kristo, MarkMac) v. DU highlights

edit: The only bad thing about the WCHA is the reffing. I hope the officiating is better next year when UND will be in the new conference (NCHC)

Last edited by WaltWhitman: 02-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
So how bad is Thrower in his own zone? Is he bad defensively or just make bad decisions with the puck?

I hope it's correctable. We have tons of players ahead of him so he sure won't be rushed. I really hope he can will himself a spot in the future. Him and Tinordi would make us pretty damn tough back there.
Well what do you know, Habs hired J-J Daignault . Thrower will be fine with a good D coach and we have him now..

Old
02-24-2013, 11:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Unfortunate how he can't create much anymore without the 2 dynamos. Sophomore slump.
He often creates things on the ice, as passing is likely his best asset but his linemates have had trouble converting. It's too bad they didn't keep him on the top line as the most effective player they have had play there but then the secondary scoring takes a hit. With the way he's played this year, he deserves to be on the top line. I know his coach said they like him better at center so next year he should be the top center unless Grimaldi steals it from him or an incoming freshman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I don't think he plays much like DD, he's so much quicker but lacks the lower body strength that DD has. Plus DD has insane vision/passing where Hudon is much more a shooter and uses his speed as a big part of his game. For me the main thing i'd like to see Hudon work on over the next 3 years is improving his lower body strength by a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post

I'd said he's shown a very clear pattern of making bad decisions with the puck in his own end. But he's strong and willing to play physical so I wouldn't say he's bad in his own end just that he makes high risk decisions that don't make a lot of sense (which we see/saw with guys like Beaulieu, Hainsey, Brezzy, etc...) he'll need to work on it but it could be a mental thing.

Here's his career stat line,

246 games, 29 goals, 77 assists, 106 points, +30, 337 pims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Thrower will be fine with a good D coach and we have him now..
For me it's another part of why I would want to see him turn pro. I don't know how well he's been coached for the Blades and I don't know what management will do with the current staff in Hamilton for next year and beyond but would think that he would be better off as a pro then going back to where he'll be very comfortable. I'd rather see him be challenged and get the time to work with our coaching staff.

The other night the Dogs had Breezy behind the bench, I think that could be good for Thrower to be around someone that has so much expierence in the NHL and was an offensive D since Thrower has that ability.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
UND(Kristo, MarkMac) v. DU highlights

edit: The only bad thing about the WCHA is the reffing. I hope the officiating is better next year when UND will be in the new conference (NCHC)
Thanks. Kristo looks to be dominating and good to see MacMillan picking it up.

But who the hell edited that video? It's supposed to be a "highlights video", why put like 2 minutes of waiting for the goal decision?

Old
02-24-2013, 11:49 AM
crakced

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He is +22 in February, 13 gp.
Dietz also has 7 goals and 12 assists in 13 games in February.

He has 4 goals and 5 assists and is +8 in 4 games this week. Might be up for a player of the week award.

Saskatoon Blades have now won 15 straight games.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Is there a rule preventing Thrower from playing a 5th year ?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is there a rule preventing Thrower from playing a 5th year ?
No but Nygren is staying in Sweden and Bennett might finish his 4th year at Michigan, so it's probably better for Thrower's development to play against men, even if he's splitting the season between the ECHL and AHL.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
No but Nygren is staying in Sweden and Bennett might finish his 4th year at Michigan, so it's probably better for Thrower's development to play against men, even if he's splitting the season between the ECHL and AHL.
I wasn't sure on the rule and couldn't find it on the WHL or CHL's website.

Dietz and Thrower as first year players.

Pateryn, Beaulieu, Tinorid* and Ellis as 2nd year players.

That's a pretty young Hamilton squad. Even if Tinordi (or someone else) makes the Habs, that will leave 1 veteran dman.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Yes, you can play a 5th year in the CHL, you get the status of ''overager'' and usually there's a 2 or 3 per team limit.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

I can't believe the habs have a shortage of Left handed D

Old
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
NotProkofievian

Rough game for Pribyl's Sparta Praha, losing 5-1 to Pardubice today. Pribyl's play stood out to me mostly during the 3rd period. He made some really good passing plays both through the neutral zone to move the play up ice(despite the suicide passes he was receiving), and in-zone. One while skating behind the net, he had a nice little backhand pass to one of his wingers in front for a scoring chance, and another where he led the entry into the zone, drew some defenders to him and had a no look backhand pass to Rachunek in the high slot.

He consistently played on the penalty kill today, not that Sparta's penalty killing was all that great. But Pribyl was always in position, so there's that. So, I wouldn't say that his play away from the puck is bad, however, he is definitely a different player with the puck on his stick.

Closed Thread