HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2014 Memorial Cup Location

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 04:23 PM
  #226
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Rayzor

You forgot about 2009 when they thought Trevor Cann would take them to the promised land,Ha Ha,we what happened there,Spits took them out in 5,great series no doubt,talk about underestimating ones team,Hunters have been guilty of that
Rychel does not appear to be the only one in that category
Mark knew he was in tough and made a blockbuster to try and narrow the gap.
As one of your fav pastimes ill throw out the he had health issues going on that year that weren apparent til after the deadline. No depth in G and the Spits were better period. See how easy that was. Spits were better that year

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 04:58 PM
  #227
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I know ur picking trying to make arguments so let me help you out

Selling out matters. $ matters and 9000 people is more than the other bids have. Simple math and it does matter plus I think could charge as much or more than the others and still sell out easy with over 6000 season tic holders.
Tourney success. Regardless of the factors involved they ran a great tourney and all reviews I've seen have it top 3 all time. Crosby or no, they'd a sold it out. Crosby was actually one of the disappointments fans had. Not the on Ice, but off ice stuff. Isolated,
Seperate van in instead of team bus, not many autographs like others ect....
Knights didn't make a big deal, correct. I SAID he show. He's willing to.
And 2009 u mentioned, well he did pull the trigger, as well as host year. 2009 there were health with issues with Cann after deadline so when genius was he supposed to add a G. He'll do a trade if he finds value and feels it'll help. Adding a 2nd rd NHL PICK ( ya the and only Rychel couldn't convince to come to Windsor) and a top for D for nothing aint bad. Is it wrong to have confidence in your squad?

Biggest choke ever? Haha. You saying other teams have closed the gap but yet call them chokers lol. If they don't win , they were t good enough and Mark may have regrets. I wouldn't consider it chili g thou, the other teams a thallus try as well.
Maybe the biggest choke job is Windsor having 2014 on their radar for 3'yrs and are still in no position to host. That's choke, choke, chime by Rychel. 3 yrs and their not even close to an on ice host team.
Thankfully politics or blackmail may get them the host gig lol
You're making the point others have made with 9000 fans if it's all about big market teams then nobody else will want to bid in the future.

I think Hunter only goes for it when he thinks he has a terrific shot at winning it all. I think Hunter got spooked this year with Kitchener, Owen Sound and Plymouth all being active. It's easy to rationalize not being active and pointing to Stolarz and Mermis but there's something to be said for have a good mix with goaltending. I don't think London knows who their #1 is going into the playoffs. It might be Stolarz but some of that has to do with Patterson stinking it up the last 6 weeks. It's ok to have confidence but I wouldn't be having a lot of confidence or puffing out my chest when the team has been average for 6+ weeks. It's awesome you got Stolarz he wasn't going to go to a bad Windsor team. Stolarz is strictly a mercenary and jumped on board with a very good team. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go to a very good team.

You can talk choke job but what Rychel is doing can't be characterized as that. They want to make a bid I don't agree with it but I am not going to beat the guy up for it, he has taken enough of those the past year. Politics is everywhere you go and blackmail? If blackmailing means making a greater guarantee than other teams I guess you would be right but when the whole event is geared towards making a big guarantee then every team is guilty of it even the Knights in 05.

RayzorIsDull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:17 PM
  #228
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
You're making the point others have made with 9000 fans if it's all about big market teams then nobody else will want to bid in the future----
OK, my original post was in response to HL and his saying no one deserves it. You choose to pick my post apart.
Selling out a bigger arena and at potentially higher package prices, eases the financial burden of the team , community so it does matter
You said it didn't.
It's not the only or should it be the biggest factor but it is a factor. Again in Response to HL saying no one deserves it.
Mark wasn t scared off by the others. He wouldn t pay the price asked for the guy or two he thought could help this squad. One I know he squashed had Bo being asked for. None Starter and I'm glad, wouldn t have been much an upgrade IMO and only for a guy this year. He want scared away, just frugal lol.
Ktown,OS, Ply all added so u feel he had to add as well to join the serious club. At least 2 if not 3 of those clubs will have ended up spending in vain. Maybe just maybe Mark did the right thing.
Time will tell.

Blackmailing comment has nothing to do with gauranteed cash but read into it what you want. I'm sure the Knights could pony up an equal amount of cash the Spits could. And it has nothing to do with our turn, we got screwed in '11 or we built a new arena or we hosted the under 17s. Different issue and I have no idea if but don't be surprised if the Spits get the Cup

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:29 PM
  #229
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
You're making the point others have made with 9000 fans if it's all about big market teams then nobody else will want to bid in the future.

I think Hunter only goes for it when he thinks he has a terrific shot at winning it all. I think Hunter got spooked this year with Kitchener, Owen Sound and Plymouth all being active. It's easy to rationalize not being active and pointing to Stolarz and Mermis but there's something to be said for have a good mix with goaltending. I don't think London knows who their #1 is going into the playoffs. It might be Stolarz but some of that has to do with Patterson stinking it up the last 6 weeks. It's ok to have confidence but I wouldn't be having a lot of confidence or puffing out my chest when the team has been average for 6+ weeks. It's awesome you got Stolarz he wasn't going to go to a bad Windsor team. Stolarz is strictly a mercenary and jumped on board with a very good team. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go to a very good team.

You can talk choke job but what Rychel is doing can't be characterized as that. They want to make a bid I don't agree with it but I am not going to beat the guy up for it, he has taken enough of those the past year. Politics is everywhere you go and blackmail? If blackmailing means making a greater guarantee than other teams I guess you would be right but when the whole event is geared towards making a big guarantee then every team is guilty of it even the Knights in 05.
Maybe Hunter didn't go all in this year because he wanted to save some bullets for next year when he could be hosting the Memorial Cup. He also has a decent team this year and surprised last year.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:34 PM
  #230
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Windsor has no where the resources the blades had to make those deals. They had #1 they were allowed to move.
EXACTLY. The Blades traded THREE first rounds picks this season to bolster their team with overage NHL drafted players. The Spitfires don't even have their next three first rounds picks due to their dodgy shenanigans, and even if they did you can't trade them in the OHL.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 05:41 PM
  #231
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
EXACTLY. The Blades traded THREE first rounds picks this season to bolster their team with overage NHL drafted players. The Spitfires don't even have their next three first rounds picks due to their dodgy shenanigans, and even if they did you can't trade them in the OHL.
Actually u are wrong Spits had their 1st returned for 2014 when the penalties

were reduce,they lose their 1st this year and in 2016,2nds in 2014 and 2015

get your facts straight before posting or u can just ask me

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:05 PM
  #232
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Fact is since the deadline the Knights have been an average team there are 6-7 teams you can point to that have clearly been better. What's so great about Elie? 5g 8a this year. You can talk about him being a key piece for the future but nobody knows if he will do that. You maybe could have drafted a better player than Herbst in round 1 and moved him for a guy like Trocheck. Or how about Graovac who went for little at the deadline and has really increased the offensive punch in Belleville? Mermis is no better than Kevin Montgomery who was decent in London but never really delivered on the potential. I don't think Plymouth, Soo, Kitchener, Owen Sound or Guelph are fearful of London in the playoffs. The London team last year was better, they had more depth and better goaltending.
We don't know what the future holds. If Elie turns into something or not doesn't matter if you trade him now for a rental who won't be back next year. Yeah they could have traded their first, hard to undo the past unless you have a time machine so I don't get why you'd bring that up. Next year is important because the team should be very good again and when trying to host the Memorial Cup you want every horse possible in place for that year. London hasn't been good since the deadline, but it seems like an unfair sample size considering they're still well ahead of the rest of the league. Saying London was better last year is subjective, better names perhaps on the team but the records at this point in time are nearly identical with the 2012 and 2013 teams. I'm sure you and hockeylegend were saying last year that London wouldn't get by Plymouth, Kitchener or Niagara but now you give that team credit to help support your point that this year's team is gong nowhere. You guys might be right, anything can happen, but I still like the Knights over any team in a 7 game series this year.

sbrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
  #233
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Windsor has no where the resources the blades had to make those deals. They had #1 they were allowed to move.
EXACTLY. The Blades traded THREE first rounds picks this season to bolster their team with overage NHL drafted players. The Spitfires don't even have their next three first rounds picks due to their dodgy shenanigans, and even if they did you can't trade them in the OHL.


Great job interpreting my mess of a post lol

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
  #234
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Actually u are wrong Spits had their 1st returned for 2014 when the penalties

were reduce,they lose their 1st this year and in 2016,2nds in 2014 and 2015

get your facts straight before posting or u can just ask me
Still can't trade the ones they got for help in time for a Cup team next year. So point stands Windsor has none they can trade. That was the comparison

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:20 PM
  #235
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Still can't trade the ones they got for help in time for a Cup team next year. So point stands Windsor has none they can trade. That was the comparison
While I agree they dont have a 1st to trade anyways after drafting them,it should be noted again that in 2008 Windsor drafted Cam Fowler that year,he did not report that year and of course was not dealt,showed up the following year for Mem cup #2
My point being not having a #1 pick player to deal or an asset is not a absolute bar not to get to the Mem Cup,I acknowledge your point but mine is valid too

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:39 PM
  #236
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Actually u are wrong Spits had their 1st returned for 2014 when the penalties

were reduce,they lose their 1st this year and in 2016,2nds in 2014 and 2015

get your facts straight before posting or u can just ask me
Umm, they don't have their next three first round picks. My facts are straight, as you say, they are missing their 2016 pick. I'll give you a second to do the math... AND they can't trade them anyway! They could trade seconds, but they don't have those either!

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
  #237
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
While I agree they dont have a 1st to trade anyways after drafting them,it should be noted again that in 2008 Windsor drafted Cam Fowler that year,he did not report that year and of course was not dealt,showed up the following year for Mem cup #2
My point being not having a #1 pick player to deal or an asset is not a absolute bar not to get to the Mem Cup,I acknowledge your point but mine is valid too
He showed up after the Spitfires sweetened the pot... If he hadn't, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in. Of course, that second Memorial Cup banner wouldn't be hanging in the WFCU either...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:46 PM
  #238
Snippit
Registered User
 
Snippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
To the poster who said London's looked average since the trade deadline... it was a similar story last year. We were losing a ton of games towards the end of the season and a lot of people were questioning them. Then they put together a 16-2 run in the playoffs.

I'm not saying that I'm sure we're going to win, but it sure looks like a similar story. You say that teams like Plymouth, OS and Kitchener aren't fearful of the Knights going into the playoffs? They don't need to be. Kitchener had London's number all season last year, until they got swept in the playoffs. Windsor probably had confidence after coming into the series w/ 2 straight wins against the Knights.

The Western Conference is a dog fight every year, and the Knights couldn't have guaranteed victory if they added Trocheck, Ceci, Corrado and Monahan.

Is it arrogance that Mark didn't add? No, it's a risky move that might have double the benefit. The team the Knights have next year could be just as good as this team. Next year is a big year with the Memorial Cup, so Mark decided to try and win them both without sacrificing this years team.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:29 PM
  #239
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
Nicely put Snipppit, totally agree. It was 16-3 lol.

Seems a very similar road for sure and I hope a similar result. OHL title
There are never any gaurantees, and ur right, always a tough conf

aresknights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:56 PM
  #240
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Umm, they don't have their next three first round picks. My facts are straight, as you say, they are missing their 2016 pick. I'll give you a second to do the math... AND they can't trade them anyway! They could trade seconds, but they don't have those either!
The final penalty to Windsor was the loss of 2 1st rd picks 2013 and 2016,as well as 2nd rd picks in 2014 and 2015,how to get 3 in a row out of that,those are the facts
I already know U cant trade 1st picks unlike the Q and the Dub

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
  #241
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
He showed up after the Spitfires sweetened the pot... If he hadn't, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in. Of course, that second Memorial Cup banner wouldn't be hanging in the WFCU either...
You are only upset about the 2nd mem cup win because your colts got swept by the
Spits enroute to their win
Games are won on the ice not the boardroom,no guarantees just because a team has
the best lineup

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  #242
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You are only upset about the 2nd mem cup win because your colts got swept by the
Spits enroute to their win
Games are won on the ice not the boardroom,no guarantees just because a team has
the best lineup
Why do you keep
repeating that

boardroom comment?
Is it to make yourself
feel better because
Windsor was
caught
cheating?

GangGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:25 PM
  #243
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Why do you keep
repeating that

boardroom comment?
Is it to make yourself
feel better because
Windsor was
caught
cheating?
Because people keep harping about those mem cup wins thats why
Stop the harping and the repeating goes away

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
  #244
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Why do you keep
repeating that

boardroom comment?
Is it to make yourself
feel better because
Windsor was
caught
cheating?
Exactly, This thread is about the 2014 Memorial cup not the glory days of a once proud franchise.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:31 PM
  #245
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,465
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=BigBuck;60341709]Exactly, This thread is about the 2014 Memorial cup not the glory days of a once proud franchise.[/QUOTE


Yes u are right so many people go off topic in this thread

hockeylegend11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:17 AM
  #246
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Because people keep harping about those mem cup wins thats why
Stop the harping and the repeating goes away
You brought up Folwer as an example of what the Spits did last time around and could potentially do this time around. I pointed out that unless they want to tempt fate again, that opportunity won't present itself again. Moreover, I'm sure the OHL is probably keeping a closer eye on them...so the comment was not harping but rather was pointing out that it is probably unreasonable to expect the Spits will have such a fortunate windfall this time around. That, combined with the fact that they don't have any meaningful assets to trade (save Ho-Sang) to replace departing players, means they are likely to ice the same sorry ass team next year as they have year. That means, to bring this back firmly on topic, that the Spits will have a tough time convincing folks that they are satisfying the "competitive team" requirement of their bid...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:53 AM
  #247
Percyma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I know Windsor has an international airport. I've flown there, and every other international airport in Canada Thunder Bay and East. Here's the thing, there aren't many CHL fans in Cuba. It won't matter so much for the actual teams, I presume they can charter a plane directly to Windsor. For fans and media however, you are much better off flying to Pearson and driving to Barrie than you are flying to Windsor. Why? Because in all likelyhood you'll have to connnect through Pearson anyway. Look at couple teams that may contend for the various titles next season:

Edmonton: Minimum 7+ hours to Windsor International, more likely 12+. Barrie would be less than 5 including the drive.

Halifax: 5-6 hours, compared to 3:15 for Barrie including the drive.

Plus you have the hassle of a connection in both cases to Windsor. Also, there is the cost factor. The only option is Air Canada. In most cases you're going to have a West Jet option to Pearson as well (very few West Jet options to Windsor). Halifax to Windsor would run you ~ $615 if you booked today over Memorial Cup weekend (that's without the demand that would be created if the Memorial Cup were actually in Windsor this year). Halifax to Toronto you could get for ~ $500.

For the above reasons, I think the GTA teams (+Barrie, Guelph) have a travel advantage for fans and media over London and Windsor. As I mentioned in my OP, I can also tell you that Mississauga presented it as an advantage in their bid in 2011. How much of advantage it actually was or will be this year, that I'm less sure of.
Interestingly enough, Windsorís location was never a factor in the WFCU Arena and the Spitfires playing host to the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge or the CHL Top Prospects Game in recent years. This is in addition to the OHL All Star Game, which was a resounding success especially in light of the fact that the Spitfires introduced the concept of playing an OHL alumni game as part of All Star festivities.

When the 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge had to be suddenly moved out of Winnipeg after the Jets re-landed in that city, Windsor and the Spitfires mobilized quickly to step up and fill in as host.

If you want to go back to the 1981 Memorial Cup tourney, held at the Windsor Arena, the WHL representative was the Victoria Cougars, who had to travel to Windsor from a distance even farther than Edmonton. Additionally, the Spitfires have hosted a Subway Super Series game and the 1978 OHL All Star Game that featured a young Wayne Gretzky. So there is no question that Windsor and the Spitfires have as great resume for hosting events of the magnitude as the Memorial Cup.

WestJet and Air Canada both offer direct flights to Western Canada where passengers do not have to transfer planes at Pearson Airport in Toronto, by the way.

Sorry, Windsorís location is not in the least a detriment to a Memorial Cup bid. Nice try though!


Last edited by Percyma: 02-24-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Percyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:51 AM
  #248
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
He showed up after the Spitfires sweetened the pot... If he hadn't, they wouldn't be in the mess they're in. Of course, that second Memorial Cup banner wouldn't be hanging in the WFCU either...
One player doesn't win a title.

As for traveling - I'm not sure if it's doable, but why not fly into Detroit then cross the border into Windsor? It's probably shorter than Barrie to Toronto and, unless you have international issues, it shouldn't be tough to cross.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:03 AM
  #249
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Interestingly enough, Windsorís location was never a factor in the WFCU Arena and the Spitfires playing host to the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge or the CHL Top Prospects Game in recent years. This is in addition to the OHL All Star Game, which was a resounding success especially in light of the fact that the Spitfires introduced the concept of playing an OHL alumni game as part of All Star festivities.
People don't travel to those events like they do the Memorial Cup. If you said U-20 sure, but not the CHL Top Prospects game. Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
WestJet and Air Canada both offer direct flights to Western Canada where passengers do not have to transfer planes at Pearson Airport in Toronto, by the way.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but if you can find me the direct flight I'd appreciate it. My brother lives in Windsor and I've just recently moved to Edmonton. My belief has been that you have to connect through Calgary or Toronto to get to Windsor. There may be some seasonal direct service but I don't think so. If a city of 1.2M doesn't have direct flights to Windsor, it's unlikely smaller ones like Moncton, Saint John, Saskatoon, Brandon etc. would either.

Oh, and even connecting there aren't as many options, and it costs a bloody fortune. I can go to Vegas for the weekend (hotel included) for less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Sorry, Windsorís location is not in the least a detriment to a Memorial Cup bid. Nice try though!
All I can tell you is what I put in my original post - Mississauga definitely highlighted access as a positive in their presentation bid. I know because I saw the video. Barrie isn't as close to Pearson, obviously, but you are going to get there a lot quicker than Windsor if you have to layover in Toronto.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  #250
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
One player doesn't win a title.
We'll just skip this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
As for traveling - I'm not sure if it's doable, but why not fly into Detroit then cross the border into Windsor? It's probably shorter than Barrie to Toronto and, unless you have international issues, it shouldn't be tough to cross.
I mentioned going to Detroit as a potential option in my original post. I'm sure it's shorter distance wise, time wise I don't know. My brother says he gets through the tunnel in 20 minutes. I have Lions season's tickets and I've never been through that tunnel in less the 40 minutes. The bigger issues are that Detroit doesn't offer many direct flights to Canadian cities either. I had a business meeting with someone from MI in Calgary earlier this week, and to get to Calgary I believe he said he had to connect through Minneapolis-St. Paul from Detroit...might as well connect through Toronto and go directly to Windsor if you're going to do that.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.