HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flames Firesale - make your offers

Old
02-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Kader

vCash: 500
I could see Iginla going to a center heavy team like Pittsburgh for an attempted cup run, but I don't know how much Salary room they have.
I could see something like

To
F Jarome Iginla

To
D Joe Morrow
1st Round Pick (2013)
F Tyler Kennedy

I'm not the best with player value so who knows where that is.
Next, I think the flames will for sure move Kipper to a team with a young unproven starter to give them some reliability and to let Kipper play 30-40 games as a 1B while mentoring the young starter. This means that teams like Chicago, Tampa Bay, or maybe even Washington.

Maybe any of these returns for Kipper?
From
G Dustin Tokarski
2nd Round Pick (2013)
5th Round Pick (2013)

Feel free to discuss, please don't light me ablaze with flames (pun intended) I'm open for discussion, besides I log too many hours in Be a GM Mode in NHL 13 and player values on there are destroyed.

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
You also have to take into account who else may be on the market. What if Ribeiro, Jagr, Ryder, Roy, Morrow, Alfredsson, Semin, Filppula, Smyth, Gagner, Penner, and Weiss are also all available. I could see Pittsburgh or Boston saying that they will go after Alfredsson rather than pay such a high price for Iginla. Weiss, Alfredsson and Ryder all seem like guys that Boston would have a lot of interest in especially if the price isn't as high as Iginla, especially Alfredsson. Briere has also been rumored to be available and is another guy they would have to consider. There seem to be no shortage of options this year if the teams those players play for are out of the playoff picture. In some cases it doesn't matter either way, they will be available.
Not to take away from you're point, but most of that list I suspect be probably not available. Dallas is only one point out of it, so Jagr, Ryder, Morrow, Roy could all not be available. Filpulla leaving Detroit also seems highly unlikely. Gagner is Edmonton's best center at the moment and still quite young, no reason to move him. Both Semin and Riberio have played extremely well for their new teams so they'll likely try to retain them. Philly is in 8th place right now (granted having played more games). Florida does their best to retain Weiss if possible.

So that leaves... Alfie, Smyth, and Penner, two of which are garbage.

Then again, Iggy might not be available either

Again, not discounting the idea, but I'm just more so picking apart the list you gave than the actual concept.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post
I could see Iginla going to a center heavy team like Pittsburgh for an attempted cup run, but I don't know how much Salary room they have.

To
F Jarome Iginla

To
D Joe Morrow
1st Round Pick (2013)
F Tyler Kennedy

I'm not the best with player value so who knows where that is.
Next, I think the flames will for sure move Kipper to a team with a young unproven starter to give them some reliability and to let Kipper play 30-40 games as a 1B while mentoring the young starter. This means that teams like Chicago, Tampa Bay, or maybe even Washington.

Maybe any of these returns for Kipper?
From
G Dustin Tokarski
2nd Round Pick (2013)
5th Round Pick (2013)

Feel free to discuss, please don't light me ablaze with flames (pun intended) I'm open for discussion, besides I log too many hours in Be a GM Mode in NHL 13 and player values on there are destroyed.
Tokarki was traded to Montreal last week..

Iron Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Rockmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Iggy to the Pens for:
1st, Maata + cond. 2014 2nd(cup or resigning)

JBow to the Wings for:
1st, Sproul + Frk

Gio to the Blues for:
Cole + Rattie

Cammy( at 3 million) + Stempniak to the Preds for:
Blum + Budish/Watson

Kipper to TO for:
Colborne + Holzer
I like your thinking, but I would not trade Gio - solid top 4 D man on an amazing contract. If Calgary decides to rebuild, a core of Gio, Wideman and Brodie would be a decent group to build around. Not earth shattering, but decent. I also think we could get more for Kipper from somewhere else. Im a little shy about trading with Toronto, ha ha.

Rockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Teams are not going to deal for what Iginla used to be, they will deal for what he is now. The comparables to Iginla are Kaberle and who else? There is no way you can compare him to Kovalchuk or Hossa, both of them were in their primes and better players than Iginla at the time. Maybe Mark Recchi is a good comparable.
He's going to get a first and a heavy prospect. Not elite, but very good. Like Beau Bennett and a #1. That's what he's going to get. The man still scored 30+ goals last year. He's not 40.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Kader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Throne View Post
Tokarki was traded to Montreal last week..
Was he actually? I thought I saw him go for Desjardins but I checked the Bolts site and he was still listed as a prospect.. whoops my bad. Maybe replace him with Helenius or Janus?

Kader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:40 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kader View Post

To
F Jarome Iginla

To
D Joe Morrow
1st Round Pick (2013)
F Tyler Kennedy
the value is WAY off on Pittsburgh's side. it would most likely be either one of these:

F Jarome Iginla

D Olli Maatta
1st Round Pick (2013)

OR

D Olli Maatta
F Tyler Kennedy
Conditional 1st Round Pick (2013):
--if Iginla re-signs with Pittsburgh OR Pittsburgh makes the finals, the pick is 1st round; if neither happens, the pick is 2nd round

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Sparky93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
I like your thinking, but I would not trade Gio - solid top 4 D man on an amazing contract. If Calgary decides to rebuild, a core of Gio, Wideman and Brodie would be a decent group to build around. Not earth shattering, but decent. I also think we could get more for Kipper from somewhere else. Im a little shy about trading with Toronto, ha ha.
I don't think they'll all happen, just the best fits I could come up with. It's highly unlikely both Gio and JBow are moved but I think it's the right time for one to go. The proposals were ment to be fair but bottom line. If we get more, great but I don't think we should settle for anything less.

Sparky93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmorton View Post
If Feaster plays his cards right, he could do this for Iggy (Pitts/Bos), Bouwmeester (Phi/Det/Stl), and possibly Kipper (StL/TB), for example. The return could get quite large. I guess we'll see.
I would be disappointed if the Blues acquired Bouwmeester for a 7th round conditional pick. He is absolutely, 100% not the guy the Blues need. Let's just put it this way, the Blues didn't lose to the Kings in the playoffs last year because they didn't have enough soft d-men. So paying 6.6M to enhance the problem is insane. Even more insane would be actually surrendering assets for this prize opportunity to make the team worse.

On Kiprusoff: just, no.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I would be disappointed if the Blues acquired Bouwmeester for a 7th round conditional pick. He is absolutely, 100% not the guy the Blues need. Let's just put it this way, the Blues didn't lose to the Kings in the playoffs last year because they didn't have enough soft d-men. So paying 6.6M to enhance the problem is insane. Even more insane would be actually surrendering assets for this prize opportunity to make the team worse.

Agreed, Bouw really wouldn't be a good fit for St.Louis. As for Kipper, they already have Halak/Elliott. I can't imagine them wanting another goalie.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Agreed, Bouw really wouldn't be a good fit for St.Louis. As for Kipper, they already have Halak/Elliott. I can't imagine them wanting another goalie.
More like Halak/Allen these days lol.

As a guy who watched Elliot's every game with the Sens, I knew it was just a matter of time.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Bernier and Muzzin for Giordano?

Richardson and a pick for Stempniak?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:06 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I'd love to see Iggy on the Hawks, but you have to give to get. Your offer doesn't cut it.

1st 2013 + Saad for Iginla + extension. I could understand Hawk fans not wanting to part with Saad, but Iginla will be in high demand. (You could also dump Olesz on us). He would make your top 6 even better (which is already the best in the league, IMO).

I don't know your line-up/positions well, but this looks damn good:

Stalberg - Toews - Hossa
Kane - Sharp - Iginla
If the Hawks trade for Iginla, it would be as a rental considering the contract renewals that would be coming up next year. That being said, trading our best prospect for a 35 year old declining winger isn't something Bowman would be interested in.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Rockmorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post

I hope I didnt offend, I'm not too familiar with St Louis. I know they are a young team and thought they could use the stability. Halak's been hurt hasnt he? I honestly think Kipper is going to be a security blanket for any team he gets traded to. Most teams in contention right now dont have issues in net. I was just spitballin' with those teams.

Rockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Not to take away from you're point, but most of that list I suspect be probably not available. Dallas is only one point out of it, so Jagr, Ryder, Morrow, Roy could all not be available. Filpulla leaving Detroit also seems highly unlikely. Gagner is Edmonton's best center at the moment and still quite young, no reason to move him. Both Semin and Riberio have played extremely well for their new teams so they'll likely try to retain them. Philly is in 8th place right now (granted having played more games). Florida does their best to retain Weiss if possible.

So that leaves... Alfie, Smyth, and Penner, two of which are garbage.

Then again, Iggy might not be available either

Again, not discounting the idea, but I'm just more so picking apart the list you gave than the actual concept.
I actually meant Gagner from LA. If those players aren't available and a different team falls out of the playoff race maybe someone else becomes available.

The Bruins GM was at the Caps-NJ game today and he said before that he is looking for a top 6 forward. Maybe him being at that game means nothing and maybe it does, but he is actively looking at deals according to him.

According to some Flyer fans Briere would be available, Florida is treating Weiss like they have moved on and do not have plans for him. I didn't even mention Ryan O'Reilly who even though highly unlikely is said to be available.

There are and will be other quality players available and if the price for Iginla was too high then I would expect teams to move on to other players.

For a team like Boston, Iginla is a pure rental and would not be retained if he was acquired, not unless he was going to take around a $5 million pay cut.

There are many, many factors that teams would think about and many have been brought up in this thread positive and negative, but it is out there that the Bruins won't trade any of their top few prospects for a rental, picks and mid level prospects are there for a deal but if that isn't what the Flames would want, then that isn't what they would want. They may even have a 3rd liner available but that seems less likely.

These deals for Iginla just don't fit when guys like Alfredsson and Briere and who knows who else might be available.

I like Iginla, I just think that the time for him to get a huge return is passed. By huge return I am thinking a 1st top prospect and an everyday player.

I thought I read that he said he wanted to stay in Calgary anyway?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:42 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He's going to get a first and a heavy prospect. Not elite, but very good. Like Beau Bennett and a #1. That's what he's going to get. The man still scored 30+ goals last year. He's not 40.
A 1st and Bennett is less than a lot of people are saying he is going to get. I'm not sure Pittsburgh is going to trade their one good forward prospect though. Trading one of their D prospects seems much more likely.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Flamer12

All you people saying trade Iginla to Pitt for a first round pick and a prospect must be Pens fans. A 1st rounder from Pittsburgh is kind of a crap shoot. When you draft that low, its like a 2nd rounder. Calgary has to get players that are already playing in the NHL. If they end up trading him and get nothing in return cause the pick never made it, they will never live it down.

Flamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:10 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer12 View Post
All you people saying trade Iginla to Pitt for a first round pick and a prospect must be Pens fans. A 1st rounder from Pittsburgh is kind of a crap shoot. When you draft that low, its like a 2nd rounder. Calgary has to get players that are already playing in the NHL. If they end up trading him and get nothing in return cause the pick never made it, they will never live it down.
on the other hand, why should the Pens trade the farm for an impending UFA winger with one goal this season?

i think the most Calgary could get from Pittsburgh would be a 2013 1st-rounder, Olli Maatta and a roster forward (like Kennedy or something). i think anything else and Shero would either be foolish or overpaying with the hopes that Iginla would re-sign

Old
02-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Most 1st round picks that are traded for impending UFA guys are late 1st rounders.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Flamer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
on the other hand, why should the Pens trade the farm for an impending UFA winger with one goal this season?

i think the most Calgary could get from Pittsburgh would be a 2013 1st-rounder, Olli Maatta and a roster forward (like Kennedy or something). i think anything else and Shero would either be foolish or overpaying with the hopes that Iginla would re-sign
Yup, I agree. That is why Calgary should not trade him at all. Means too much to the city to give away for a couple guys who may or may not ever play in the NHL. Afraid most Flames fans do not agree with me. Pens don't need him anyway. They looking real good as is.

Flamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:17 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Yup, I agree. That is why Calgary should not trade him at all. Means too much to the city to give away for a couple guys who may or may not ever play in the NHL. Afraid most Flames fans do not agree with me. Pens don't need him anyway. They looking real good as is.

I certainly don't. This is a deep draft, and there will be some quality prospects available with the Pens pick. Look at how Iginla was even aquired (Nieuwendyk was a second rounder). It would be up to the Flames to make sure they draft the right guy (Domi, Erne, Horvat, Compher). Adding in Maata, or one of the other blue chip D prospects Pitts has makes it very enticing for me.
Pittsburgh doesn't give up anything that hurts them, and they get instantly better - possibly Cup favorites. Iggy wins his Cup, and signs back with Calgary. Win win.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:19 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
I certainly don't. This is a deep draft, and there will be some quality prospects available with the Pens pick. Look at how Iginla was even aquired (Nieuwendyk was a second rounder). It would be up to the Flames to make sure they draft the right guy (Domi, Erne, Horvat, Compher). Adding in Maata, or one of the other blue chip D prospects Pitts has makes it very enticing for me.
Pittsburgh doesn't give up anything that hurts them, and they get instantly better - possibly Cup favorites. Iggy wins his Cup, and signs back with Calgary. Win win.
i doubt the Pens even make a commitment to a trade like that without knowing Iginla has interest in re-signing with them.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:22 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post

Cammy( at 3 million) + Stempniak to the Preds for:
Blum + Budish/Watson
From a NSH fan, I'll take this trade. I like Cammy and Stempniak has shown to be real good at times.

Cammy + Stempniak to NSH
Blum + Budish to CGY

how old is Stempniak?

Last edited by thecloser: 02-23-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: abbr.
thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
i doubt the Pens even make a commitment to a trade like that without knowing Iginla has interest in re-signing with them.
Pens could sign him for a 2 year contract, but let him retire a Flame man!

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Pens could sign him for a 2 year contract, but let him retire a Flame man!
i wouldn't mind that, but i just don't want the Pens trading their first and a good prospect for another rental.