HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Winger Acquisition Thread | Part V: Wingers in the Hands of an Angry (Hockey) God

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
It was Rossi's source !!!

Nobody would be fine a day after that whiplash. I would wait for official statement before I start panic .. just sayin'
Not to side track but Rossi (who I don't like or trust) was saying "according to multiple sources" so while he's a **** up of a journalist and a social media ***** I can't see him lying about that but who knows.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Not to side track but Rossi (who I don't like or trust) was saying "according to multiple sources" so while he's a **** up of a journalist and a social media ***** I can't see him lying about that but who knows.
I think this is actually something that the team would come out and refute if it weren't true.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I think this is actually something that the team would come out and refute if it weren't true.
I concur.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
It was Rossi's source !!!

Nobody would be fine a day after that whiplash. I would wait for official statement before I start panic .. just sayin'
That's where I'm at with this. Whiplash sucks and nobody feels right the next day. Let's see how he's doing in a week. If he's still having severe headaches then we've got a problem.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:30 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Rossi will be the best guy out their to get info on malkin right now. Rossi is helping malkin write his book. Check out malkin website you will see that some of the stories on their are written by rossi. Im not saying rossi is a great reporter but when it comes to malkin he knows what hes talking about.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Well we have our lines for now according to Disco.

Quote:
"Dustin Jeffrey will be a third-line center role with Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy," Bylsma said Friday after the game. "Brandon will play with James Neal and Beau Bennett."
Kunitz - Sid - Dupers
Dangles - Sutter - Neal
Cooke - Jeffrey - InvisoPig

Works for me, for now...

Old
02-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Well we have our lines for now according to Disco.

Kunitz - Sid - Dupers
Dangles - Sutter - Neal
Cooke - Jeffrey - InvisoPig

Works for me, for now...
I really think putting Neal with Sid should be the easiest coaching decision he's ever made. I just don't get how it makes sense to leave your elite shooter who isn't that great at creating his own offense off the line with your elite playmaker.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:38 PM
deakka

I bet with malkins injury still not known means any deals we might have had in the working arw frozen/off the table until the extent of the injury are known.

It will be nice to see Sutter on the 2nd line. O really think he has some untapped offensive porential in him. And Geno hasnt exatly dominated in 5v5 so i dont think the new 2nd line is that much worse.
What might happen tho is that the sid-line will face tougher matchups.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I really think putting Neal with Sid should be the easiest coaching decision he's ever made. I just don't get how it makes sense to leave your elite shooter who isn't that great at creating his own offense off the line with your elite playmaker.
If Sid's line doesn't produce in the next couple games and Geno is looking like he'll be out for awhile, no way does Neal not end up on that line.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
This is one of my bigger beefs with Bylsma. It's like he tries to be too cute, rather than just go ahead and do the most obvious thing.

I actually like what Dupuis brings to the club, but a part of me wishes he won't be re-signed just so Bylsma has no choice but to actually think about trying another winger with Crosby.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:43 PM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Right. To me this also shows( by refusing to breakup Kunitz/Sid/Dupuis ) that we won't be going after a guy like Iginla..somebody for the first line. All they will do is try to find someone for Malkin / Neal.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Thats what I thought at first to but the more i think about it the more i like what DB is doing. I like sutter allot i think sutter neal bb could be a good line. That would give us 2 good lines if you put neal with sid your putting all your eggs in one basket and your a 1 line team.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Valid point.

Dupers - Sid - Neal
Dangles - Sutter - Kunitz

could work too

Old
02-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
This is one of my bigger beefs with Bylsma. It's like he tries to be too cute, rather than just go ahead and do the most obvious thing.

I actually like what Dupuis brings to the club, but a part of me wishes he won't be re-signed just so Bylsma has no choice but to actually think about trying another winger with Crosby.
He's trying to call a horse a zebra.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Valid point.

Dupers - Sid - Neal
Dangles - Sutter - Kunitz

could work too
I would swap Kunitz and Duper.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
He's trying to call a horse a zebra.
I'm convinced that if you watched old home movies of Bylsma growing up, you'd see that he's that 3 year old kid who keeps insisting on trying to jam the square toy block into the round hole.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

The fact is that nobody other than the doctors treating Malkin have enough information to give even the most general timeframe for his return.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:53 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
The fact is that nobody other than the doctors treating Malkin have enough information to give even the most general timeframe for his return.
I would bet the earliest he'd return is Monday, March 4th, vs Tampa. Just a guess, but I don't see him going on this trip.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
But if we replace the coach, a lot of other changes will have to happen. Because we've built this team for this coach, which is a mistake I might add.
How so? You have to give the coach the guys he needs (or says he needs) to succeed, otherwise you setting the coach up to fail. Look at the difference in Toronto this year. They got Carlyle exactly what he wanted...

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Old
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Pancakes

I don't see what's wrong with Dupuis-Sutter-Bennett as a line. I can understand if Bylsma wants to balance the offense but imo the above line would still produce and Kunitz-Sid-Neal would be an unholy terror, possibly even more dominant than Kunitz-Geno-Neal was.

Oh well, maybe Sutter and Neal will have some sort of inexplicable chemistry. I will admit that it would be nice to get Sutter going more offensively. He's got two good linemates now, probably the best two linemates he's ever had, so now is the time to see if he can elevate his game like Jordan at times did for us.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:01 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I would rather put Neal with Crosby & roll three grinder lines. We're going to need to win games by defense now anyways.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I'm convinced that if you watched old home movies of Bylsma growing up, you'd see that he's that 3 year old kid who keeps insisting on trying to jam the square toy block into the round hole.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

Im assuming by "Dangles" yinz mean Bennett?

Old
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
do you want to pay him close to $5M per year? i would only consider making a trade for him if A: he can show that he could play wing with Malkin back, and B: he doesn't take more than two defensive prospects along with a roster player and pick to acquire.
If he can play wing, then I'd have no issues paying him 5m. Depending on the cost to acquire, if CBJ would keep some of Umburger's salary (600k - we have a cap hit of 4m), I'm not sure who I'd want of the two. Probably ROR as I think he's the more skilled guy, and this team is one with a lot of role players, but has a lack of pure skilled guys.

Old
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
I don't see what's wrong with Dupuis-Sutter-Bennett as a line. I can understand if Bylsma wants to balance the offense but imo the above line would still produce and Kunitz-Sid-Neal would be an unholy terror, possibly even more dominant than Kunitz-Geno-Neal was.

Oh well, maybe Sutter and Neal will have some sort of inexplicable chemistry. I will admit that it would be nice to get Sutter going more offensively. He's got two good linemates now, probably the best two linemates he's ever had, so now is the time to see if he can elevate his game like Jordan at times did for us.
There is zero things wrong with this line. It is actually an NHL 2nd line. Pens fans are very spoiled.

Closed Thread