HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
02-23-2013, 06:32 PM
#ualberta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
How many coaches in a row will you guys ask to get fired before you blame the real culprit?
Yes tambo and management are to blame for sure but right now this team with the players on it is under perfomring and coaching is to blame i don't just want a new HC i want the assistants gone too.

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:33 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Yes tambo and management are to blame for sure but right now this team with the players on it is under perfomring and coaching is to blame i don't just want a new HC i want the assistants gone too.
He will just eventually be replaced by Buchberger.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If they had stable goaltending they'd make it for sure I think. That's Burke's weakness.
Well they still have Reimer and Scrivens...

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:36 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
He will just eventually be replaced by Buchberger.
That's exactly what I don't want
We need a new guy someone who has not been part of the org
Ruff is available I'm just saying

If anyone thinks Krueger is not to partially blame for this underperformance, well then with all due respect your delusional

Old
02-23-2013, 06:37 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

This is the same team as last year plus two rookies. No grit in the top-six. No defensive ability in the top-six. Only five NHL defencemen. Problems at centre. That's the coach's fault?

The stupidity of this thread keeps crashing my browser.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
I endorse this message/thread.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
This is the same team as last year plus two rookies. No grit in the top-six. No defensive ability in the top-six. Only five NHL defencemen. Problems at centre. That's the coach's fault?

Well I don't know about you but I was expecting players from last year like nuge and eberle take improve or at least maintain what they were doing last year they have in fact regressed and yes I blame coaching

Old
MessierII

Quote:
That's exactly what I don't want
We need a new guy someone who has not been part of the org
Ruff is available I'm just saying

If anyone thinks Krueger is not to partially blame for this underperformance, well then with all due respect your delusional
Call me delusional then. A good coach puts the game in the hands of its best players and our best players have not been getting it done. If Nugent, Eberle and Hall were scoring goals at just a reasonable rate we have 1-3 more wins and are in a completely different position right now.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:

Again, like Renney, its not about that, its about how he is using/misusing/ruining young players.

Paajarvi looks like he may be salvageable. Maybe.

Do you really want to go down that road with Yakupov?

I could give a ripe **** if the team loses, but if they are going to lose and bury their talent, for no good ****ing reason, that is quite another thing.

Why wasnt Gagner benched for his inability to cover his man on the first goal? That was much more egregious than anything I saw Yakupov do.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:46 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Again, like Renney, its not about that, its about how he is using/misusing/ruining young players.

I could give a ripe **** if the team loses, but if they are going to lose and bury their talent, for no good ****ing reason, that is quite another thing.

Why wasnt Gagner benched for his inability to cover his man on the first goal? That was much more egregious than anything I saw Yakupov do.
C'mon man. Yaks has been a turnover machine the last little while. A few shifts of good hockey doesn't earn your coaches trust. He needs to follow it up with a good game.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:47 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Call me delusional then. A good coach puts the game in the hands of its best players and our best players have not been getting it done. If Nugent, Eberle and Hall were scoring goals at just a reasonable rate we have 1-3 more wins and are in a completely different position right now.
Would a good coach make adjustments when his team is not performing?
Krueger tells the media after every loss that it is a learning oppertunity, well when the **** will he learn.
He says the offense will come thus he makes no changes to help get it going, well when the **** will the offense come.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I swear they want to bring down Yaks enthusiasm. It's like it's a problem to love hockey on this team. They want to be the most low energy team in the league.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Would a good coach make adjustments when his team is not performing?
Krueger tells the media after every loss that it is a learning oppertunity, well when the **** will he learn.
He says the offense will come thus he makes no changes to help get it going, well when the **** will the offense come.
When their top line players start finishing on the plethora of grade A scoring chances they get each game. Nugent-Hopkins has missed the net in the slot at least once in just about every single game this season....unacceptable.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Soundwave

Our offence being near the bottom of the NHL despite all the talent we have is disturbing though.

Maybe we can get 8 against Chicago though, lol.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:51 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
I really don't give a **** who the GM or coach of the Oilers is. I want them to win.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:

Yakupov has been a turnover machine since he got here so I don't have a problem with Krueger managing his icetime. Yes, Smyth playing so much today instead of him was a head-scratcher but I can see the reasoning behind it. Even then, Yakupov gets ample powerplay time and for the most part has played in the top-six this season. Ruining young players? The best way to do that is to throw them to the wolves. Gagner has been a defensive disaster his whole career but what is Krueger supposed to do when they're down two goals? Throw CVV or Belanger out there with Hemsky? If Tambellini wasn't Tambellini then we'd have a more balanced lineup.

What did you expect this season when the only additions to the roster were Yak and JSchultz? I didn't like the Krueger hiring initially but there hasn't been enough reason to fire him based on the roster. Not even close.

Coaches are always the scapegoat.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:57 PM
moog35

wow relax oiler fans, your offense is in the dumps right now which is obviously just a cold streak, the team is to talented not to break out. This season so far is some of the best defense I have seen the Oilers play in a while which is a positive. ONce the offense gets going and if the Bulin wall gets more starts as much as I hate to say it this team will be pretty good. Krueger is not the problem here, its just a young offense thats on a cold streak

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Byakin1

17 games in and fire the coach thread.

Christ.

Byakin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:10 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
wow relax oiler fans, your offense is in the dumps right now which is obviously just a cold streak, the team is to talented not to break out. This season so far is some of the best defense I have seen the Oilers play in a while which is a positive. ONce the offense gets going and if the Bulin wall gets more starts as much as I hate to say it this team will be pretty good. Krueger is not the problem here, its just a young offense thats on a cold streak
Ok, in your opinion how long should we wait til 24 games? The rest of the season? Couple more seasons?

Change is a good thing fellas look at montreal their team has not change much since last year but their coach and GM changed and now their close to top spot in the east.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Brian Burke + Lindy Ruff please.
Yes to Ruff and no to Burke.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:16 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 875
I'm still not a fan of the guy who co-coached 30th and second last place teams, but it is way to early to write him off.

If the guy finds a stride and this team starts winning then maybe he's the guy. (I don't see it but he deserves a fair chance).

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:24 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Brian Burke + Lindy Ruff please.
Lol i would love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I'm still not a fan of the guy who co-coached 30th and second last place teams, but it is way to early to write him off.

If the guy finds a stride and this team starts winning then maybe he's the guy. (I don't see it but he deserves a fair chance).
Fair enough it may be a bit early to actually fire him now, but if we continue to play like we are and finish embarrassingly low in the standings again would you agree Krueger has to go.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:31 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
C'mon man. Yaks has been a turnover machine the last little while. A few shifts of good hockey doesn't earn your coaches trust. He needs to follow it up with a good game.
Is that right?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Old
02-23-2013, 07:32 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Yakupov has been a turnover machine since he got here so I don't have a problem with Krueger managing his icetime. Yes, Smyth playing so much today instead of him was a head-scratcher but I can see the reasoning behind it. Even then, Yakupov gets ample powerplay time and for the most part has played in the top-six this season. Ruining young players? The best way to do that is to throw them to the wolves. Gagner has been a defensive disaster his whole career but what is Krueger supposed to do when they're down two goals? Throw CVV or Belanger out there with Hemsky? If Tambellini wasn't Tambellini then we'd have a more balanced lineup.

What did you expect this season when the only additions to the roster were Yak and JSchultz? I didn't like the Krueger hiring initially but there hasn't been enough reason to fire him based on the roster. Not even close.

Coaches are always the scapegoat.
I think you need to look at this and explain the bolded.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:41 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
I think you need to look at this and explain the bolded.

Hey, if it was up to me Smyth would be on the fourth line. But considering that, like you said, the issue is ruining young players, Krueger should be watching Yak's ES icetime. He'd be a bad coach if he didn't.You haven't noticed Yak's no-look passes through centre ice in the defensive zone? The team's LW depth beyond Hall should be better than a 37 year old Smyth, a rookie Yak (who's actually RW), Ben Eager, and unknown young players like Hartikainen and MPS. But now that I think about it, that's the least of the issues given the disasters at centre and defence. This problem goes a lot deeper than Krueger and I think it's unfair to fire him because he can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

And there was more to my post than what you bolded.