HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Hair of the Dog game: Caps vs Devils take 2 - 12pm start

Old
02-23-2013, 06:22 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
i'd just as soon mcphee ink him to an extension sooner than later

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Chimera should be banned from shooting the puck. As soon as he stopped taking slapshots every time he got the puck, and started actually playing with his linemates, Ovechkin got his scoring chances.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:35 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I suspect Chimera is who Laich was referring to regarding guys playing injured. It just seems odd that he'd suddenly lose a step at age 33.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Premature talk it is.
Even if he shows up in Washington there is virtually no chance he will get the bonuses that would push his caphit past $2mil a season unless the Caps go full retard.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Hardly, once his contract is up he can be signed to play the last few games next year and the playoffs.

No doubt he will get the rookie max which is about $4 million.
Yeah but do you really want to burn a year of his ELC that way?

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

We've had a few guys do 180's performance wise this year. Ward and Brouwer are on the good list.

Chimera has been terrible. Just awful. He scored 20 goals last year.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
notDkristich

go watch his goals from last year. a surprising % were a result of mishandled shots.

notDkristich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notDkristich View Post
go watch his goals from last year. a surprising % were a result of mishandled shots.
His performance this year is significantly worse, regardless of whether he had some luck last year or not.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
notDkristich

i concur. his performance is worrisome for a professional hockey player

notDkristich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I suspect Chimera is who Laich was referring to regarding guys playing injured. It just seems odd that he'd suddenly lose a step at age 33.
I agree, Chimney just doesn't have this skating power yet, the thing that was his main asset.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:48 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Yeah but do you really want to burn a year of his ELC that way?
It doesn't matter, he turns 22 in May, if he isn't going to play he'll just wait and get a 2 year ELC anyways.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:30 AM
ForzaItalia

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:29 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Just thinking about Ovechkins goals.

1. One timer PP
2. No stick handling snap shot. PP
3. No stick handling snap shot. PP
4. Slap shot off face off.
5. No stick handling snap shot off face off. PP
6. One timer.
7. Then finally a goal where he actually stick handles and scores between the legs of a defender.
8 One timer. PP.

Only one goal in which isn't received on his forehand and shot at net right away. We'll see what this means I guess.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:23 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Ovi looks like his dad lol

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Just thinking about Ovechkins goals.

1. One timer PP
2. No stick handling snap shot. PP
3. No stick handling snap shot. PP
4. Slap shot off face off.
5. No stick handling snap shot off face off. PP
6. One timer.
7. Then finally a goal where he actually stick handles and scores between the legs of a defender.
8 One timer. PP.

Only one goal in which isn't received on his forehand and shot at net right away. We'll see what this means I guess.
Reinventing Ovechkin. He is scoring on passes and set plays, on the rush, and is not dependent on screens. Thanks Adam.

Exactly what had to happen since his move got largely solved by the league.

The best goal was number 6 scoring off the rush.

I am glad we have a coach that doesn't mandate our offense drive north into the boards on every rush as a prime directive. Its just too hard for some to look to pass if they can't slow down, and it's too predictable. Bruce would blow a fuse if he saw Chimera circle back like he did.

Next up, seeing Nick feeding Ovi one timers in the wheelhouse like Ribs does.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:00 AM
LSnow

Ovetshkin seems to play more like the opportunistic sniper that he should, rather than always rushing first into the zone and trying to stickhandle through 5 guys.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:17 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post

Old
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i'd just as soon mcphee ink him to an extension sooner than later
I agree. I don't understand the eagerness around here to ship out the quality 2C we all waited five years to get. There's no guarantee that the next guy plays this well.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:26 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I agree. I don't understand the eagerness around here to ship out the quality 2C we all waited five years to get. There's no guarantee that the next guy plays this well.
Not only is he a quality 2C, but he's shown that he's capable of stepping in as a 1C (admittedly tiny sample size) with Backstrom "slumping".

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:33 AM
dles
Rookie User

Quote:
Who? I haven't seen a single person not wanting to ink in Ribeiro. My ONLY concern is that he has way too much leverage at this point. He is the number one guy on the team atm and that scares me as to how much he's gonna want. The only way we can afford him at a reasonable price is if we make him think he can get a cup here in the next few year (which is possible) so he takes around 3-4 mil. Cause he has better production that Backy and Ovi and they are making in the 10s of mil and we don't have that cap room with Forsberg and Kuz coming in and the need of some solid defenseman.

I guess we can buyout Schultz (hope to god), hamrlik and poti will be gone probably, maybe erskine too. That leaves some room, but we need a SOLID d-man worth 3-4 mil. So.. I dunno, I'd like Rib at no more than like 4.5 mil, but thats gonna be hard to get.

Anyways, side note. I was at the game last night, and dear god I don't think people realize how much the crowd helps. Even when we went up 2-1 there was little excitement. Fehr's goal didn't even excite the place. But when ovi got the hatty, the place felt electric and like a playoff game. If there was a 'turn around' game that'll save the season it's this. Not because of performance, or ovi 'being back', or any of that. Purely because I think the players forgot what it was like to turn DC into a hockey town and feel the love. They're gonna wanna feel that again come the game against Carolina. We take that win and boom 2 games back of SE div and 2 games back of playoffs.

dles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
MoJoSauce

Does anyone else think the powerplay looks better with Carlson on it than Green? He seems to create more movement both with his body and the puck. He isn't telegraphing his pass to Ovi and seems to move quicker and keep the puck in the zone

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dles View Post
Who? I haven't seen a single person not wanting to ink in Ribeiro. My ONLY concern is that he has way too much leverage at this point. He is the number one guy on the team atm and that scares me as to how much he's gonna want. The only way we can afford him at a reasonable price is if we make him think he can get a cup here in the next few year (which is possible) so he takes around 3-4 mil. Cause he has better production that Backy and Ovi and they are making in the 10s of mil and we don't have that cap room with Forsberg and Kuz coming in and the need of some solid defenseman.
What? Backstrom makes $6.7M. Backstrom is also paid to be a 90-point player, with his contract signed right after breaking 100. Ovechkin makes ~$9.5M to be a franchise player. There is absolutely no chance Ribeiro takes "around 3-4 mil." He makes $5M now, and will be getting that at the very least on his next contract. And the Capitals can afford that.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:57 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dles View Post

I guess we can buyout Schultz (hope to god), hamrlik and poti will be gone probably, maybe erskine too. That leaves some room, but we need a SOLID d-man worth 3-4 mil. So.. I dunno, I'd like Rib at no more than like 4.5 mil, but thats gonna be hard to get.

Anyways, side note. I was at the game last night, and dear god I don't think people realize how much the crowd helps. Even when we went up 2-1 there was little excitement. Fehr's goal didn't even excite the place. But when ovi got the hatty, the place felt electric and like a playoff game. If there was a 'turn around' game that'll save the season it's this. Not because of performance, or ovi 'being back', or any of that. Purely because I think the players forgot what it was like to turn DC into a hockey town and feel the love. They're gonna wanna feel that again come the game against Carolina. We take that win and boom 2 games back of SE div and 2 games back of playoffs.
There's been plenty of talk about trading him at the deadline and so on.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:06 AM
bacchist

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think caps fans were saying that. There have been a lot of people masquerading as fans and hoping the team loses.

bacchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:10 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Most of that is going off the assumption that the team won't be able to extend him. If his value is sky-high and he's walking either way, well...

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote