HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #20| Feb. 23, 2013|Jets at Flyers |1:00 p.m. ET

Old
02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont like the way this team is playing, you can say great things about jake, schenn, whatever, but coming out flat against bad teams like that, it's not going to go well when they come out against really good teams, comebacks against bad teams are not good

you cant say a win is a win because there's no excuse to come out flat like that especially against the jets, panthers, it just means everything is ok, they can play like that against any team and they will beat them, that's just not good hockey.
Say something nice about the Flyers. I dare you.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 07:56 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Say something nice about the Flyers. I dare you.
no i wont, until they actually win a cup.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:12 PM
The Nightman Cometh

Sod off then.

The thing is, we don't often come out flat against the good teams. We do tend to come up a bit stronger against your NYR and Pens of this world, excluding the other night.

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
SgtJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'm so glad for Gus. People write him off because he isn't physical, but he's really starting to come into his own and the more he plays, you can see the comfort in his game and the more his confidence grows. He's becoming a very adept puck moving defenseman with good positioning on the defensive side. Loving it!!!!

As for Brayden Schenn, Laviolette needs to have his head examined. Talbot AND Rinaldo with more ice time than Schenn? Come on. Laviolette needs to be crap canned and the sooner the better.
Its quite possible that Lavy is keeping Shenns minutes down for a reason other than what you think ? He might be nursing an injury ?

SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:

You can't say anything nice about the team you supposedly cheer for until they win a championship?

Why even bother cheering for them in the first place? The franchise has been a 'loser' for almost 40 years.

02-23-2013, 09:15 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Its quite possible that Lavy is keeping Shenns minutes down for a reason other than what you think ? He might be nursing an injury ?
The way he's been skating and playing I doubt it. It's been like this all season. He's averaging a little over 15 minutes a game right now.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
i dont like the way this team is playing, you can say great things about jake, schenn, whatever, but coming out flat against bad teams like that, it's not going to go well when they come out against really good teams, comebacks against bad teams are not good

you cant say a win is a win because there's no excuse to come out flat like that especially against the jets, panthers, it just means everything is ok, they can play like that against any team and they will beat them, that's just not good hockey.
Like the Penguins? Didn't we go down 2-0 to them? Seemed to work out well in the end.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:39 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

You can't say anything nice about the team you supposedly cheer for until they win a championship?

Why even bother cheering for them in the first place? The franchise has been a 'loser' for almost 40 years.
why are you cheering for them?

Old
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Like the Penguins? Didn't we go down 2-0 to them? Seemed to work out well in the end.
they were playing against a backup, if it was fleury, that would be different, but im not fooled either, are you telling me that's ok for this team to play flat and expect the same result of coming back every game?

Old
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
why are you cheering for them?
I think the more important question here is, why are YOU "cheering" for them? If you don't like the fact that they haven't won a Cup in 40 years, root the Red Wings or someone else.

Quote:
they were playing against a backup, if it was fleury, that would be different, but im not fooled either, are you telling me that's ok for this team to play flat and expect the same result of coming back every game?
Vokun is a pretty good backup...although he did have a terrible game. How do you know it would be different with Fleury in net? He was in net for the playoffs last year, and we came back to win in the first 3 games of that series. I don't care how they play, as long as they win. Which is what they did today. If they come out flat in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and come back to win, they still win the Cup.

Last edited by The Couturier Effect: 02-23-2013 at 09:50 PM.
The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Only one wrong on my pro line ticket flyers won instead of the jets i lost out on $534.00 that should sweeten the victory for everyone.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:31 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Sod off then.

The thing is, we don't often come out flat against the good teams. We do tend to come up a bit stronger against your NYR and Pens of this world, excluding the other night.
Given who you were replying to, I find the bolded/underlined word to be VERY important. He's a Flyers fan who won't say anything nice about the Flyers, hmmm, perhaps he should go root for one of those two teams.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:40 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Come on buddy, I share your frustration with the terrible starts and I agree that's not a cup-winning formula or a formula to beat good teams, but it's not like the terrible starts carried over to the playoffs and it's also not like we have a terrible start against every opponent. We generally get off to better starts against good teams.

We scored first in games 2, 3, 4, and 5 versus the Devils in the playoffs last year. Pretty solid starts in each of those games. We lost that series for other reasons (lack of adjustments from Lavy, etc.), but still, we had decent starts.

How can you "root" for a team but never say a positive word about them? How can you watch a team roar back from a huge deficit to win a game and not get excited? Was the 3-0 comeback against the Bruins even enjoyable for you? Or did you spend the entire comeback saying "Yeah, making NHL history is nice and everything, but comebacks are for losers"?

As I said earlier, I can totally understand being frustrated with various aspects of this team, but I can't understand not taking joy in a single game won by a team you supposedly root for. What do you get out of being a fan if victory doesn't excite you?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
They have won a cup. Now, say something nice.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote