HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

Old
02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Torts was not as mad as I thought he would be.

Even the post-game has been a let down.
last time he showed his full emotion during a postgame he lost 30K, he should be watching his words and saving his money because he could be out of a job if his team keeps this **** up

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is...every fanbase will protect their own team. Not sure it's solely our fanbase, yours or any other. Something against us, it's unacceptable. And if we hit...well it's not that bad. Do people really believe other fanbases are different?

Personnally, I do believe the intent is there...I do believe it's a penalty....Suspension? Well if so, every boarding should be a suspension. The day they start suspended every boarding penalty...I'm fine with it. Maybe you start suspending the boarding penalties that results in injuries...
Suspension? No.

But how the **** does that hit only warrant a 2 minute PP?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
Montreal fans really are the pinnacle of class. Their player gets hurt? Criminal charges. Someone else's player gets hurt? Haha he deserves it, cry more!

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Better be careful, if he goes past the third answer they will have to wind him up again.
No kidding. Show some emotion or something. Cally is the same way. Always the same ******** answers after a loss. Just say "hey we ****in sucked tonight, thats on us, were embarassed". **** the usual answers. Its enough to make you pull your hair out.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDunna with Fries

Man just an awful game. Looked like we really just gave up in the 3rd period.. Waiting for the reports on McD and G.. We really can't afford to have Nash, McD, G, and MDZ all out. That's crazy.

We saw what Gilroy and Eminger could do.. Is it too early to give McIlrath a shot?

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I will say this.

If the Rangers play continues at this pace, with the next four games being at home, things in the Garden might get ugly. Chorus of boos and perhaps our first "Fire Torts" chants?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:25 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I might look for him in the offseason. I don't understand how these guys can see that happen and do nothing. Simply embarrassing.
I was surprised to see him board McDo as he's usually the kind to suck it up usually. I also think McDO showed good sportmanship a few minutes earlier as he put the breaks on when he saw Max fall next to the board. (showed replay on RDS, clear McDo was about to hit him hard but put on the breaks as Max fell).

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Suspension? No.

But how the **** does that hit only warrant a 2 minute PP?
'Cause that's what most boarding penalties get? Should they have taken into consideration that McDonagh bled on the play? Maybe. You look for blood for high stick, maybe they should look for blood on hits as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Thing is...every fanbase will protect their own team. Not sure it's solely our fanbase, yours or any other. Something against us, it's unacceptable. And if we hit...well it's not that bad. Do people really believe other fanbases are different?

Personnally, I do believe the intent is there...I do believe it's a penalty....Suspension? Well if so, every boarding should be a suspension. The day they start suspended every boarding penalty...I'm fine with it. Maybe you start suspending the boarding penalties that results in injuries...
Thing is, I don't know about other fanbases, but when we see one of our players injure someone on the other team... we don't laugh. Most of us give our "hope he's alright," and move on. We won't deny that it was a dirty play if it's a dirty play.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Placid

What now.. is probably a good question...

Unless a small miracle happens, Girardi is probably out for a while.
McD has by all accounts suffered a concussion (ref Gross on Twitter).
MDZ is out.
Staal has the flu, but is playing..

This is getting beyond ugly now :/

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:26 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
'Cause that's what most boarding penalties get? Should they have taken into consideration that McDonagh bled on the play? Maybe. You look for blood for high stick, maybe they should look for blood on hits as well.
Usually, if there's bleeding after boarding, the player gets thrown out of the game.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Id love to get the Canadiens in the playoffs, healthy. Also, with an added enforcer.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Better be careful, if he goes past the third answer they will have to wind him up again.

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I will say this.

If the Rangers play continues at this pace, with the next four games being at home, things in the Garden might get ugly. Chorus of boos and perhaps our first "Fire Torts" chants?
Fire Sullivan first, I would assume.

Old
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Or the fact that he was about 6-8 inches off the ice when he connected with the hit.

rholt168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

I don't care what team you are. You can NOT win when your best players are not your best players. Period. We finished in first place last year because Marian Gaborik was a 40_ goal scorer, Ryan Callahan was a 30 goal scorer, and Brad Richards was red hot in the 2nd half of the season.

Gaborik is playing like GARBAGE. Richards is playing like GARBAGE, Ryan Callahan is, for the most part, playing like GARBAGE.

We're a 3 player team right now. Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, and Henrik Lundqvist, there's literally not a single other player who I can say has been playing well in the past 2 weeks. Not McDonagh (ugh, we're going to miss him if it's long term), not Girardi (ditto), not Staal...nobody.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Good thing Lundqvist didn't play. With our luck, he would have been assassinated.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Fire Sullivan first, I would assume.
You're assuming that most of our fan base knows who he is. Plus Fire Torts is more catchy.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Time for McIlrath!!@$$*!@)$*$$&!&&!@$

Old
02-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Thing is, I don't know about other fanbases, but when we see one of our players injure someone on the other team... we don't laugh. Most of us give our "hope he's alright," and move on. We won't deny that it was a dirty play if it's a dirty play.
Who laughed? You mean the Biron chant? Sure. It's a big story between Habs fans and Biron and they thought he embellished a hit. I did like the encourgements for Girardi though...

As far as you won't deny dirty plays even if it's your own team...well that still remains to be seen. I've rarely see it. You might find the hit dirty, but chances are you will find some reasons why it happens 'cause the other guy always leans....or put himself in a bad position....or he had hit somebody from your team before etc. It is so easy to see the same hit from 2 different perspectives and unfortunately, the right view of it has to come from a third party and even a third party....isn't always THAT without sentiments from either one of the teams.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:30 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
NYDNRangers: Pacioretty not made available to media
Probably being interviewed by the police for his penalty.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
That's not been my experience. I'm certain most do. But not all. And I can assure that most Habs fans were not laughing at the hit on McD.

BTW, hope he has a speedy recovery

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Time for McIlrath!!@$$*!@)$*$$&!&&!@$
McIlrath aint gonna be enough.

With the amount of injuries we got, the Rangers should start scouting beer leagues...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:
Who laughed? You mean the Biron chant? Sure. It's a big story between Habs fans and Biron and they thought he embellished a hit. I did like the encourgements for Girardi though...

As far as you won't deny dirty plays even if it's your own team...well that still remains to be seen. I've rarely see it. You might find the hit dirty, but chances are you will find some reasons why it happens 'cause the other guy always leans....or put himself in a bad position....or he had hit somebody from your team before etc. It is so easy to see the same hit from 2 different perspectives and unfortunately, the right view of it has to come from a third party and even a third party....isn't always THAT without sentiments from either one of the teams.
TIL Dirty hits are okay if he hit someone on the other team first.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
You're assuming that most of our fan base knows who he is. Plus Fire Torts is more catchy.
Stand fires will suffice, ala the 90's.