HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

A sustained winning streak

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
  #1
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
A sustained winning streak

I had posted this probably 5 years ago about how we always seem to have sustained losing streaks but never on the winning side. I really feel (and i hope it starts today) that this will be the final missing piece to get us over the hump. This year might be a little tougher because of the loaded schedule and how strong everyone else is in our division. This year if we can even get to a 5 or a 6 for once i think our chances sky rocket (not trying to be a captain obvious) of making the playoffs but again something that has eluded us for a very long time..Thoughts?

__________________
Go Dye Your Hair
MattMartin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
  #2
CaptDenisPotvin
Registered User
 
CaptDenisPotvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
I said it before the season, i think the shortened season and the lack of a preseason helps the islanders....anyone here over the age of 30 can tell you that recovering in your 30's takes alot more time than when you were in your 20's...the isles for the most part are extremely young...also alot of teams made changes to there lineup which will take time for chemisty, the islanders did not so for once the lack of many FA signing help the isles IMO. They already know how to play together...not as much of a learning curve...the big shock to me is the last minute waiver wire pickups that have fit in extremely well.

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
  #3
original islander
Registered User
 
original islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I said it before the season, i think the shortened season and the lack of a preseason helps the islanders....anyone here over the age of 30 can tell you that recovering in your 30's takes alot more time than when you were in your 20's...the isles for the most part are extremely young...also alot of teams made changes to there lineup which will take time for chemisty, the islanders did not so for once the lack of many FA signing help the isles IMO. They already know how to play together...not as much of a learning curve...the big shock to me is the last minute waiver wire pickups that have fit in extremely well.
You're definitely right on all points especially the age and chemistry factors. The waiver wire pickups I thought would originally help with depth if there were injuries but they have done more than that.

We have to give credit to Garth and Jack for being prepared. Hopefully, they reward us with a nice winning streak like Matt Martin the poster and probably the player wants as well. The time is right.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
  #4
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Shameless bump because people keep talking about this in the GDT'S

MattMartin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
  #5
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
I asked in the Montreal GDT the last time the Isles won 5 in a row and Bvon was kind enough to do the research. The Isles haven't had a winning streak over 4 games since 2008. It's bound to happen sooner then later. And if the team in 2008 can win 6 in a row, this team should at least match that. I hope this is the year because in the shortened season, it would be huge. Especially right now.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:28 PM
  #6
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
I asked in the Montreal GDT the last time the Isles won 5 in a row and Bvon was kind enough to do the research. The Isles haven't had a winning streak over 4 games since 2008. It's bound to happen sooner then later. And if the team in 2008 can win 6 in a row, this team should at least match that. I hope this is the year because in the shortened season, it would be huge. Especially right now.
Yes you were one the guys i was speaking of and Bvon got the goal with the numbers but 1st assist goes to you of course. I posted this thread 2/3/13 and oddly enough nobody seemed to have replied lol.


Last edited by MattMartin: 02-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
MattMartin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:32 PM
  #7
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,172
vCash: 500
This is a game where everyone is pumped up for and then the Isles come out flat and don't score. I really hope for once they can get a nice winning streak going. If they don't win the game tomorrow they will lose to boston and toronto, book it.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
  #8
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 500
Tomorow is a HUGE game. get the home stand off on the right foot. Get to .500. Go 5-2 and will easily be in the playoff race. 10 out of 14 pts I think should be the goal.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:45 PM
  #9
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Yes you were one the guys i was speaking of and Bvon got the goal with the numbers but 1st assist goes to you of course. I posted this thread 2/3/13 and oddly enough nobody seemed to have replied lol.
I must of missed it but I agree with you. If this team is going to lose 5 in a row, they need to win 5. This team can do it. The consistency has always been the problem. When we see it, we know the team has taken the next step.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
  #10
Ghost Of Palffy
Rookie User
 
Ghost Of Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boston/New York
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Have to win tomorrow. They get back to .500, and take on the Bruins on Tuesday, with a 3 game winning streak and some swagger.

Ghost Of Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.