HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Theo still needs to approve.

02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Theo still needs to approve.
I always think most hockey players will go to the playoffs if given the opportunity instead of watching them. Especially at the end of their careers.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Killerinstinct

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Whoever we want to move, they're going to have to get more playing time to impress scouts because both have no trade value as of now, imo. Theo *might* if a team really needs a backup.
Ottawa needs a starter.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:10 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
Ottawa needs a starter.
Lehner and Bishop are highly capable. I think Anderson is coming back soon anyways.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Erick

Toronto has been wanting a veteran backup for awhile now to mentor the likes of Reimer and Scrivens. Saw it on their board the other day.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Toronto has been wanting a veteran backup for awhile now to mentor the likes of Reimer and Scrivens. Saw it on their board the other day.
Clemm to Tor for a bag of pucks! Too much? wait......Clemm to Tor for free!

Old
02-23-2013, 06:17 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Clemm to Tor for a bag of pucks! Too much? wait......Clemm to Tor for free!
That's not a very balanced deal.

Maybe we can send them a bag of pucks along with Clemmer?

Old
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
That's not a very balanced deal.

Maybe we can send them a bag of pucks along with Clemmer?
Clem and a 7th for a copy of the Kessel trade signed by Burke.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:38 PM
FrolikFan67

as much as id love to make the playoffs and all, it would reallllllly help us longterm to get a top pick this year and draft one of the top forwards.
-get a top pick and draft either mackinnon, barkov, monahan, or lindholm in that order. want drouin the most actually but will probably get taken top 3, which probably goes the same for mackinnon, and i dont see us getting a top 3 pick, top 8 is where im aiming.
-if we can draft one of those top 4 centers in this draft, trade kulikov for a "top line" winger, preferably a rw. perron or pavelski or someone along those lines.
-resign mueller
-trade versteeg and goc for a defenceman.
-buyout upshall and jovo.
-trade kuba if possible (nmc), if not then he'll play on the 3rd line.

Huberdeau-draft center-kulikov trade
Fleischmann-Bjugstad-Mueller
Bergenheim-Shore-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille

Campbell-Gudbranson
versteeg trade-sign a free agent
Kuba-Weaver

Markstrom
resign theodore to a 1yr deal

i really hope mueller can continue playing well. he was a high draft pick, started off promising, ran into the concussion issues but now hes good and still young. hes hard on the forecheck, skates hard, has a lethal wrist/snap shot. i really hope he scores more goals and continues the success and be able to be the full time 2nd line rw, trade kuli for a 1st line rw, and trade versteeg for defensive help. and draft one of the big 4 center in this draft of course we'd actually have a lot of cap space, we could possibly make a run at perry and keep kulikov. with shore, bjugstad both being very cheap. bergy under 3, kopi at 3, flash at 4.5, mueller hopefully under 4 but possibly 4 or slightly above, huby at 3.2, a guy like barkov or mac or lindholm would be cheap as well and could potentially play next year.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
smokes lets go

Huberdeau-Mackinnon-mueller
Fleishman-Shore-UFA(Clowe?)

that would be stacked!

Old
02-23-2013, 10:17 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Just noticed that Panthers have worst goal differential in the league by 5 goals at a pathetic -20.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Just noticed that Panthers have worst goal differential in the league by 5 goals at a pathetic -20.
How the f are we not dead last. We gotta keep this tank up so we decide who to take first.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
How the f are we not dead last. We gotta keep this tank up so we decide who to take first.
Because Buffalo and Columbus are freaking pathetic. I think it's only a matter of time before Washington passes us though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Tuco

To tank properly, we need to move Weiss, Steeg, Flash, and all the potential scorers from this team, so that we win as few games as possible for the remainder of the season. Oh wait... Actually we don't need to move anyone. My bad.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:06 AM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Am I the only one here who thinks Theodore has played significantly worse than Clemmensen since he got here? Am I also the only one who thinks Kuba is an absolute worthless defenseman?

It's hard to read through some of these postings, since I haven't logged on here since july, and see some of this. It's really sad to see that Clemmensen gets such a bad rap when he got points in 17 of 18 games played last year, and beside a stinker earlier this season, has played well. Everywhere else in the NHL if a team allows 5-6 goals a game it's a "goaltending issue". Here apparently we call it "defensive issues". Stop apologizing for Theodore, there is a reason he hasn't played in the last 3 games and probably won't play Tuesday either.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:33 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
To tank properly, we need to move Weiss, Steeg, Flash, and all the potential scorers from this team, so that we win as few games as possible for the remainder of the season. Oh wait... Actually we don't need to move anyone. My bad.
Sadly, our chances of tanking are probably better if we give Weiss lots of ice time.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:19 AM
cgf

Quote:
Or something similar to what Pitt got in the Neal trade. I'm not a Kuli fan, love what little I've seen of jones, but I'd be happy with any of the names mentioned.
Do you mind if I ask what you dislike about Kuli? With your team snagging Flash and Mueller the past two offseasons, I've been catching some of your games. He still makes dumb young mistakes, but I've been fairly consistently impressed by Kulikov from what I've seen.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Do you mind if I ask what you dislike about Kuli? With your team snagging Flash and Mueller the past two offseasons, I've been catching some of your games. He still makes dumb young mistakes, but I've been fairly consistently impressed by Kulikov from what I've seen.
It's always the same mistakes, started late last season and into the playoffs. Poor choices with the puck, poor passes in front of the net, and can't hit the net to save his life. He's a good skater, can be good positionally, but even that can lack. I don't agree at all that he'll be a number one and think he is what he is. I have liked he and Guds together.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
cgf

Quote:
It's always the same mistakes, started late last season and into the playoffs. Poor choices with the puck, poor passes in front of the net, and can't hit the net to save his life. He's a good skater, can be good positionally, but even that can lack. I don't agree at all that he'll be a number one and think he is what he is. I have liked he and Guds together.
He's still just 22 though, a lot of really good dmen don't even start making it into the NHL until around that age and decision making is something that takes many reps against NHLers if you don't have those innate great instincts that kids who beast form the get go like OEL have. I'm not sure I see a #1 either, but I do see a kid who can grow into a good top pairing guy as long as he gets put with a good partner that fits.

That said I do appreciate just how frustrating it is too see a talented Dman incapable of getting his shot through, the Avs have that problem when we make EJ man the point on our PP, he's got a heavy shot, that he gets off quickly, but it never gets through, and it's the one thing that there's been no progress on since he arrived in Colorado.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
If it makes you feel better, I have watched multiple games of every team in the league and even though the standings differ I am 100% confident in saying the panthers are the worst team in the nhl. Columbus is far ahead of us in terms of playing structured hockey and playing with just a little bit of passion (Case in point was their excellent play in St.Louis on Saturday night).

Although Buffalo has been playing with zero heart but their greater talent still makes them better than us.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Ya i agree. I dont understand everyone being so down on gudbranson. I think kulikov has more errors that lead to a loss than does gudbranson.

In my book Guds>>>>>>>Kuli

Old
02-25-2013, 11:33 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Goaltending isn't our only problem. GR just tweeted that we have scored 2 goals or less in 11 of our 18 games this season.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
If it makes you feel better, I have watched multiple games of every team in the league and even though the standings differ I am 100% confident in saying the panthers are the worst team in the nhl. Columbus is far ahead of us in terms of playing structured hockey and playing with just a little bit of passion (Case in point was their excellent play in St.Louis on Saturday night).

Although Buffalo has been playing with zero heart but their greater talent still makes them better than us.
Completely agree. Since I was home most of the weekend, I had plenty of time to watch bits and pieces of just about every game on Center Ice. I paid more attention to the teams below us or just above to see how we compare. Without a doubt, the Caps, Jets, Jackets, etc all look better than us offensively and defensively. They also may not have everything going well, but at least they're mostly playing with some intensity and effort. In both of these games this past weekend, the 1st periods went well, but it seems midway through the game, we collapse and basically just give up.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post

Agree with the statement 100%, Columbus actually has some jam to their game.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:48 AM
SufferingCatFan

We suck for a combination of different reasons, injuries, aging vets, youthful errors, etc.
Nothing that cannot be addressed in the off season, especially if we continue to stock pile talent in the farm system by tanking.

Imagine at the TDL, we get a late 1st for Weiss, a 5th for Smithson and then add a top 5 pick for tanking in a very good draft. This would certainly allow Tallon to wheel and deal by moving up and down the draft board.

In the offseason, we cut Kuba, resign Mueller and spend big dollars on a top, offensive UFA, hopefully a center. We also bargain shop among the amnesty cuts for talent.

Next year, with the addition of more youth on offensive, defense and in goal, we should be an exciting team to watch.

Closed Thread