HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Backup goalie in Hamilton

Old
07-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Maithz

vCash:
isnt tarasov who was supposed to play in NHL in 2000 , 2001 !?

Old
07-15-2006, 08:01 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65 View Post
isnt tarasov who was supposed to play in NHL in 2000 , 2001 !?
Don't know exactly what you mean by that but,

Vadim Tarasov was Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 7 #196 overall 1999 NHL Entry Draft, came play with the Quebec Citadelles in 2001-02, get is *** back in Russia after, played there since and we officially lose his right last june

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Don't know exactly what you mean by that but,

Vadim Tarasov was Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 7 #196 overall 1999 NHL Entry Draft, came play with the Quebec Citadelles in 2001-02, get is *** back in Russia after, played there since and we officially lose his right last june
sorry I dont know the story very well I was young but I remember my dad who told me he could be a starting goalie ala Hasek

Old
07-15-2006, 08:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65 View Post
sorry I dont know the story very well I was young but I remember my dad who told me he could be a starting goalie ala Hasek

Tarasov was hyped when he came over after being one of the top goalies in the RSL. Imo I liked what I saw and had high hopes for him but injuries got in the way and cost him a lot of time. He came back from injury and played well imo, but then Garon returned from injury right before the playoffs, so the Citadells put Garon in nets for the playoffs and while he wasn't sharp (from what I recall) Tarasov was said to be unhappy that they never gave him a chance in the playoffs.

Later I heard that his wife did not like North America and wanted to go back to Russia. That's unofficial of course. He was not resigned and has been in Russia ever since. He struggled his first year back but since then has been solid from what I hear. I got to see him once with the National team but he sat the bench, I was hoping they would play him just to see how he's doing but at least I got to see Buturlin and Korneev.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Maithz

vCash:
thanks dan !

Old
07-15-2006, 09:06 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
"Pourquoi que le Canadien va toujours chercher des joueurs cachés derrière des arbres en Sibérie quand que ya des p'**** gars de Repentigny qui se font même pas repêcher"? - Jean Perron

And for the benefit of those of you with no french knowledges..

"Why is it that the Canadiens always sign players hidden behind trees in Seberia while we got plenty of unsigned talents in places like Repentigny"

They should really translate 110%!
t i t s... lolll

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:18 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
From the sound of things I think the Habs are considering leaving Danis in the AHL, they want to see him play more consistent. I think if Abby is traded then perhaps Gainey will look for a cheap vet, but who knows what Gainey will do. Plus there's always some FA's to look at when Hamilton has their camp.
If Danis is cut during the training camp, he doesn't go through waivers.

So, if we don't call him up during the season, we're not gonna lose him...except that he may be a UFA at the end of 2006-2007.

The timing is really bad in his case. Huet forcing Théo out really cost him his job for this season...

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote