HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rozsival,Sykora and rookie camp

Old
07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
You would think...

that the Rangers would want to continue to build on what they did last season in terms of getting the fanse back into the game and start getting us excited about the coming season. Of course, there's a cost to televising the games, but in the new cap environment, the organization stands to make a fair amount of money with the ticket price increases. Marketing the team would only help them.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:38 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
There is small interview with Rich Winter about Rozsival. It seems that Sather is interested only in long term deal(3 years 2M$ per), Rozsival wants 2,5M$ for one year...Rozsival didn't accept Sather's offer but he is not looking for arbitration also
Winter doesn't think that Rozsival will play for Rangers.

It's in czech, so don't bother
http://hokej.idnes.cz/bek-rozsival-v...145956_nhl_cig
See, this I don't like. If he wants to cash in as a UFA, then sign the QO and go prove yourself to the other 29 teams. Don't demand the money now, an investment from us, plus the ability to go UFA asap. For me, it's one or the other. You want to be unrestricted then you swallow some pride and play cheap. If you want the money then sign the deal that's on the table or at least negotiate a 3 year deal at that $2.5 you want.

I think everyone knows by now that I don't think he's worth the $2m Sather is offering and I really don't want him locked up for 3 years. I don't like the idea of locking up a guy, who in all honesty only put in half a season, at a position we are deepest in.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
See, this I don't like. If he wants to cash in as a UFA, then sign the QO and go prove yourself to the other 29 teams. Don't demand the money now, an investment from us, plus the ability to go UFA asap. For me, it's one or the other. You want to be unrestricted then you swallow some pride and play cheap. If you want the money then sign the deal that's on the table or at least negotiate a 3 year deal at that $2.5 you want.

I think everyone knows by now that I don't think he's worth the $2m Sather is offering and I really don't want him locked up for 3 years. I don't like the idea of locking up a guy, who in all honesty only put in half a season, at a position we are deepest in.
The only reason I can see the Rangers locking him up at $2 million for three years is that, compared to so many of the contracts for defensemen out there, it's a relatively easy one to trade.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:37 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Gretz -- To say that Rozsival sucks and to compare him with an absolutely attrotious player such as Corvo (who is, in all reality, NO better than Andy Delmore and about 10 notches below Tom effin Poti) is ridiculous.
Apparently, you've never watched Corvo, or Pothier.

They're both FAR AND AWAY better than Poti and Rozsival in their own end. Rozsival is being overglorified because played with a top-line who usually ended up playing against checking units that weren't out there to score. If I played with that line, with Malik playing the way Malik did last season, I'd be a +39 as well. Rozsival was terrible with the puck in his own zone, and the offensive zone. He got all of this power play time, and racked up only 30 points? Terrible. You've got guys playing far less minutes than he did, he logged well over 20 minutes per game, and that are scoring more than him, and play better in their own zone.

I don't know if you have center ice or not, but I do, and I love watching the Kings. Delmore is terrible, but Corvo? Don't even try it.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:00 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The only reason I can see the Rangers locking him up at $2 million for three years is that, compared to so many of the contracts for defensemen out there, it's a relatively easy one to trade.
I agree fully with your points and I see their thinking. What I don't like is Rozsival's counter offer trumping the Ranger's offer across the board. You want more money, sign for more years. You want UFA, sign for less. You don't get UFA and 20 minutes in the vault. I don't want to get into another discussion about Rozsival's talent and performance but everyone will agree that he began and ended the season poorly. I don't see the justification for his demands for only 3-4 months of decent hockey in maybe his career, not just last year.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:07 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I agree fully with your points and I see their thinking. What I don't like is Rozsival's counter offer trumping the Ranger's offer across the board. You want more money, sign for more years. You want UFA, sign for less. You don't get UFA and 20 minutes in the vault. I don't want to get into another discussion about Rozsival's talent and performance but everyone will agree that he began and ended the season poorly. I don't see the justification for his demands for only 3-4 months of decent hockey in maybe his career, not just last year.
I don't, either. And, after Brooks' article today, I am more convinced that, once the dust on arbitration gets settled, Rozsival's rights could easily be dealt.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 09:27 PM
storm fan

rookie tournament

does anyone know the teams that will be participating in the rookie tournament in September?

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Offhand, I remember 7 of the 8 teams going: they are Rangers, Red Wings, Thrashers, Stars, Blue Jackets, Lightning, and Minnesota.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 09:28 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Apparently, you've never watched Corvo, or Pothier.

They're both FAR AND AWAY better than Poti and Rozsival in their own end. Rozsival is being overglorified because played with a top-line who usually ended up playing against checking units that weren't out there to score. If I played with that line, with Malik playing the way Malik did last season, I'd be a +39 as well. Rozsival was terrible with the puck in his own zone, and the offensive zone. He got all of this power play time, and racked up only 30 points? Terrible. You've got guys playing far less minutes than he did, he logged well over 20 minutes per game, and that are scoring more than him, and play better in their own zone.

I don't know if you have center ice or not, but I do, and I love watching the Kings. Delmore is terrible, but Corvo? Don't even try it.
I've watched plenty of Corvo and he is far inferior to Rozival in his own end, or for that matter both ends. The contract he got from Ottawa was a joke.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Fletch

The funny thing about Corvo...

is he was used sparingly to kill penalties, and was used heavily on the PP (hence one reason why he may've had a fair amount of points). His '+' kind of stands out because only 5 LA Kings members were plus players last season and the team didn't exactly have Lundqvist in goal, nor did they have Jagr scoring left and right, and their leading point getter had about 1/2 the point of Jagr (and 45 ES points more than the Kings' leading scorer (26 ES points more than the second leading scorer)). I haven't seen much of Corvo - he never stood out as being an offensive juggernaut, or horrific defensively either.

Old
07-21-2006, 08:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Lowe may yet sign free-agent defenceman Dick Tarnstrom as his power-play point guy. But he may also be eyeing free-agent winger Petr Sykora, who played last year in Anaheim and New York. His play has dropped off the last few years, but he would also be a good fit on the second power-player unit.
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...6-91fa52c0996a

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Fletch

Another team...

looking at Sykora to play the PP point? Still trying to figure out why that didn't happen in NY - could've possibly saved us from Ozolinsh.

Old
07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
The Thrashers announced Monday that they will participate in an annual prospect evaluation tournament Sept. 8-12 in Traverse City, Mich., hosted by the Detroit Red Wings

The other six teams participating are Dallas, St. Louis, Minnesota, the New York Rangers, Columbus and Tampa Bay
http://www.ajc.com/tuesday/content/e...7a11a1002.html

Old
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Brownov17

This is the best source for info on the rookie camp

http://www.redwingscentral.com/camps.../schedule.html

Brownov17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownov17 View Post
Much appreciated

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Brownov17

You're welcome

They will have the rosters and all the box scores throughout the tournament along with photos from all the games Detroit plays.

Brownov17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:09 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Free-agent winger Petr Sykora, who's had some interest from the Oilers, is ready to sign with Magnitogorsk in very short order if he doesn't have an NHL offer. Sykora played there during the lockout
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...6-f58b5a5a3781

Old
07-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Fletch

Wow..

I guess other teams saw what we saw in Sykora - combined with what is likely a high asking price.

Old
08-03-2006, 11:13 AM
J-Dawg

Rozsival = resigned,

Tyutin = resigned,

5M in cap space (thanks to that waste of space/drunk/druggie Ozolinsh)...

WAKE UP SATHER, RE-SIGN SYKORA!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 12:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
Rozsival = resigned,

Tyutin = resigned,

5M in cap space (thanks to that waste of space/drunk/druggie Ozolinsh)...

WAKE UP SATHER, RE-SIGN SYKORA!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a safe bet that Sykora won't be back.

08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's a safe bet that Sykora won't be back.
And one would have to question why anyone would advocate such a move, and how it would affect other players.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:12 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
And one would have to question why anyone would advocate such a move, and how it would affect other players.
You're not saying that Hall is an upgrade to Sykora, are you? The problem with Sykora is unreasonably high asking price. Since no one besides RSL club Metallurg offer him anything Slats could easily match Omsk's offer and get him cheap. Unless jarg has something personal against him, but that would have been known. May not be Sykora, but definitely not Hall is our top 6 winger. Otherwise Hall would be introduced.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:20 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
1) 2nd line RW with experience

2) Play the point on the first PP line (thank God for no Ozolinsh)

Among other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You're not saying that Hall is an upgrade to Sykora, are you? The problem with Sykora is unreasonably high asking price. Since no one besides RSL club Metallurg offer him anything Slats could easily match Omsk's offer and get him cheap. Unless jarg has something personal against him, but that would have been known. May not be Sykora, but definitely not Hall is our top 6 winger. Otherwise Hall would be introduced.
Exactly, if the Rangers can sign Sykora at a reasonable price, he'll be an asset to the team and help the youngsters too.

GO TEAM CZECH!!!

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I think Hall brings more to this team than Sykora does. And I think that Hall could come close to Sykora's numbers. But that's not the issue. The issue is Shanahan is an upgrade to Sykora. And so is Prucha.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
1) 2nd line RW with experience

2) Play the point on the first PP line (thank God for no Ozolinsh)

Among other things...

Exactly, if the Rangers can sign Sykora at a reasonable price, he'll be an asset to the team and help the youngsters too.

GO TEAM CZECH!!!

1) The Rangers have plenty of experience on the wing.

2) Renney never played him on the point last season, why would that change now?

If you sign Sykora, what youngsters? Where are they playing?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote