HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek, Liles, and Connolly

Old
02-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

vCash: 500
Komisarek, Liles, and Connolly

Am I the only one who feels this is sending a bad message to future free agents. I mean these guys aren't even being traded, they are just being benched. komisarek hasnt been bad this seasons either. Liles took a discount to be on the team and is still serviceable, and Connolly cleared waivers so I don't have much to his defence

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:13 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Am I the only one who feels this is sending a bad message to future free agents. I mean these guys aren't even being traded, they are just being benched. komisarek hasnt been bad this seasons either. Liles took a discount to be on the team and is still serviceable, and Connolly cleared waivers so I don't have much to his defence
i agree. we should send the message that no matter how bad you play you'll always have a spot.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Winreims

I'd like to see Liles and Komi play some more, Connolly not so much.

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:15 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
stop.
we have 22 points, in a playoff position, now what bring back burkies bad signings.
is that you wilson?

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
i agree. we should send the message that no matter how bad you play you'll always have a spot.
Good to see we are finally breaking with that tradition

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Seeing how komisarek hasn't played bad, and never got a chance to prove himself again after and kostka has been given numerous opportunities I don't think your post makes any sense.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
stop.
we have 22 points, in a playoff position, now what bring back burkies bad signings.
is that you wilson?
I never said bring them back, I'm suggesting trading them or at least waiving them instead of sticking them in the press box.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Seeing how komisarek hasn't played bad, and never got a chance to prove himself again after and kostka has been given numerous opportunities I don't think your post makes any sense.
all of our D ARE PLAYING OVER 15 MIN A NIGHT.bring in komi and his 7 min a night, we overload the D , and start our downward spin again.
only good if we want the top 5 pick

Old
02-23-2013, 11:22 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
I never said bring them back, I'm suggesting trading them or at least waiving them instead of sticking them in the press box.
ever team needs players in the press box, if its not them , its someone eles

Old
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Honestly. Lack of accoutability is what killed the Raptors early on this year (and probably now too.. haven't watched in a while). I'm relieved to see Carlyle distributing PT on the basis of merit. Future free agents who have a problem with that can suck it.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Egoclapper

Quote:
Don't want the Leafs to sign guys that are worried they'll lose their spots to AHLers and have to sit in the press box.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Sundinftw

Your concern is misguided. If free agents are deterred from playing here because the system holds its players accountable, then, they are likely indolent and I'd rather not have them sign here. Today's mandate is that your performance, not your name, salary, or reputation, will determine your ice time. And that is how it should be.

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:27 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Komi has had three years worth of chances.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Erdinger

Carlyle has been good so far at giving playing time on merit. Now lets see if Gunnar deservedly gets scratched.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
I don't get it.... we for years have been begging to play the kids and sit the veterans that aren't playing well, or are being outplayed by the kids.

NOW it's a problem?

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
I don't get it.... we for years have been begging to play the kids and sit the veterans that aren't playing well, or are being outplayed by the kids.

NOW it's a problem?
You clearly don't understand how we think around here. lol

This thread is quite possibly the silliest thing I've seen on here in quite sometime. OP wants to bring back horribly underachieving FAs to save face and attract new FAs. I for one want one thing from this team - winning. You don't do that by NOT icing your best roster.

It's funny how people are just completely horny for trades and signings around here. This thread is the perfect example of picking the "glamour" of a transaction over actually trying to have a better roster with accountability; the one thing that really killed the RW/BB tenure.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:35 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 2000
Quote:
You already answeared why TC is still here and if anyone wanted Komi without sending a worse contract back he be gone .

JML didn't sign for a discount and he was on the market for a long time before we traded for him and that was when he was on a short term deal .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
why doesn't nonis just flip the trade switch? What button is in in NHL13?

Old
02-23-2013, 11:52 PM
number72

I disagree. This doesn't matter to free agents. Take a look at the Rangers who waived Avery and buried Redden. Did that stop Richards from signing there?

Nope. You want players who know they are talented and are willing to earn their ice time.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Mike1

Happens all over the league all the time. The players who have earned their spot in the line-up are the ones the deserve to play. Free agents don't care about a team waiving or benching a player who is being outplayed by others. They have other things to worry about like where they want to play, is the team headed in the right direction, where they would fit in the line-up etc etc.

Mike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:12 AM
MuchoMacho

Quote:

This thread is quite possibly the silliest thing I've seen on here in quite sometime. OP wants to bring back horribly underachieving FAs to save face and attract new FAs. I for one want one thing from this team - winning. You don't do that by NOT icing your best roster.

It's funny how people are just completely horny for trades and signings around here. This thread is the perfect example of picking the "glamour" of a transaction over actually trying to have a better roster with accountability; the one thing that really killed the RW/BB tenure.
Maybe it's you who misunderstood what OP said.

He said trade or waive them, don't sit them in the press box. He never said play them.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Alazais

Quote:

Horny.

Alazais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Komisarek has No movement clause in his contract that prevents him from being placed on waivers other than for the purpose of a buyout. If Nonis could find another team willing to take that contract he would already be long gone by now.

Connolly will be dumped at the trade deadline if possible otherwise walk away as a UFA at seasons end.

Liles is a healthy scratch because he is small, soft and weak defensively and that is everything Carlyle is not looking for in a defenseman at this time. He is only here as a injury insurance presently and Gardiner and Rielly will make him redundant and expendable in due course.

02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Spot on.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:44 AM
pucci2001

Thats the way the sport goes, you slip up even a little bit and you might never get the chance again. Look how Tom Brady got started(I hate him don't worry, just an example). And I bet you if it was so easy to trade Komi it would have happened by now. Liles will play probably next game after we crapped the bed against Ottawa, RC is just riding with what has been working or observing the team and making the calls he feels are to be made. He has turned the team around this much why not trust him a little bit instead of complaining for the sake of complaining.

pucci2001 is offline   Reply With Quote