HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread IV - "What's all the roar over RoR?"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
  #576
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
just outta curiosity, were you sick of it last year when we finished within a stone throw of the presidents trophy?

how about when we were in the eastern conference finals?


No?

you sure?

didn;t think so.
Yup took us 6 and 7 games to beat inferior teams because WE COULD NOT SCORE with this system

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
  #577
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Honestly, they remind me more of the 92-93 Rangers.
Honestly, I was 5 that season that Mets comparison is all I have haha

McSauer is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
  #578
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Dude, how many D-men do you want? We had 3 of the top 4 D-men hurt. How many teams can take that kind of hit like that an ice a decent D-Corp? Our top 4 is good. Stralman is a very good #5. Sure we're a little week at #6. How many teams aren't? Gilroy has actually played pretty well. What kind of depth do you want 3 of your top 4 D-men are hurt? It's like Hossa, Kane, and Sharp being hurt for the Hawks. They won't look that good anymore.
Agreed. How many teams aren't very weak with their 7th defenseman? Almost every team is. There is a reason the guys who are 7th defenseman are 7th defenseman. They're just not that good. Exceptions of course being teams that have highly regarded prospects that are ready and can be called up if need be.

In fact I'd say despite Eminger or Bickel we have relatively better depth than other teams given the strength of our top 4 and their ability to extremely limit the amount of minutes that our 3rd pairing has to play.

Gilroy has been surprisingly good for the most part this year though he was pretty brutal tonight.

SA16 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
  #579
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yup took us 6 and 7 games to beat inferior teams because WE COULD NOT SCORE with this system
Correct me if i'm wrong. but we won both of those series correct?

wouldn't that mean that.....we COULD SCORE more than the other team?

I may not be as smart as many of the other armchair GMs out there, but I was under the impression that, at the end of the day, the goal of the game was to score more goals than the other team you're playing against.

I mean, please, correct me if i'm wrong here. I mean, a team like Pittsburgh lost to an "inferior" team last year despite scoring seemingly 5 or 6 goals a game. I'm sure they are thrilled with their offensive prowess, i mean, who cares if you win or not.

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:27 PM
  #580
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Dude, how many D-men do you want? We had 3 of the top 4 D-men hurt. How many teams can take that kind of hit like that an ice a decent D-Corp? Our top 4 is good. Stralman is a very good #5. Sure we're a little week at #6. How many teams aren't? Gilroy has actually played pretty well. What kind of depth do you want 3 of your top 4 D-men are hurt? It's like Hossa, Kane, and Sharp being hurt for the Hawks. They won't look that good anymore.
I wanted the Dmen we had + trade for some quality depth. While most of this board wanted to trade DZ.
That was BEFORE the DZ injury and the massacre tonight.
I just hope you guys are praying he is healthy enough to start Tuesday.
When you are counting on Gilroy, we are in deep ****

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 PM
  #581
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I wanted the Dmen we had + trade for some quality depth. While most of this board wanted to trade DZ.
That was BEFORE the DZ injury and the massacre tonight.
I just hope you guys are praying he is healthy enough to start Tuesday.
When you are counting on Gilroy, we are in deep ****
What depth, we have 1 spot available when everyone is healthy. Gilroy has been pretty good. We suck at center too. We have 1 guy playing decently at center. Everyone else sucks. What's your point?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
  #582
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yup took us 6 and 7 games to beat inferior teams because WE COULD NOT SCORE with this system
Took us 7 games both series. That was the furthest I've seen a team of mine go in a best of 7 playoff format (including the Knicks) and it was excruciating. ZERO offense, sit in your zone the whole game. Rangers fans have to stop acting like Jets fans and stop talking about our run last year like we won the cup. It's PATHETIC. Stop it! We didn't win a cup, stop pretending like we did.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  #583
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Lets trade 1 of our 3 hurt defensemen
I never suggested that. that's why I said revisit.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
  #584
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
If Girardi, McDonagh and Nash are all out long-term, we might as well start a fire sale

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
  #585
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
What depth, we have 1 spot available when everyone is healthy. Gilroy has been pretty good. We suck at center too. We have 1 guy playing decently at center. Everyone else sucks. What's your point?
My point was displayed tonight. You can't count on everybody being healthy. In this condensed season injuries will happen. But it maybe a concept you can't or refuse to grasp.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
  #586
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
My point was displayed tonight. You can't count on everybody being healthy. In this condensed season injuries will happen. But it maybe a concept you can't or refuse to grasp.
So you want to trade for 7th and 8th D-man? How many teams are 8 deep at defense?

Tell me, since you're so against trading D-man for a center. Where's the depth at center? At least when everyone is healthy we have a good top 5 and a top 6 that's played decently all season. When everyone's healthy at center, we have no #3 center! We have less depth at center. Hate to break it to you, but just because injuries happened to the D this time, doesn't mean they can't happen to our Cs next time.

This reminds me of when I was like 8 and I came to visit my aunt and uncle. My uncle really wanted me to sit in the front seat of his car. However, I was a bit of a coward, plus I knew I wasn't supposed to. So his argument was "My car recently got hit in the back, imagine if someone were sitting there". And what if his car were hit in the front?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  #587
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,662
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
How much ya wanna bet we have a new defender by Tuesday?
Thinking Murray or Whitney...

BBKers is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM
  #588
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you want to trade for 7th and 8th D-man? How many teams are 8 deep at defense?

Tell me, since you're so against trading D-man for a center. Where's the depth at center? At least when everyone is healthy we have a good top 5 and a top 6 that's played decently all season. When everyone's healthy at center, we have no #3 center! We have less depth at center. Hate to break it to you, but just because injuries happened to the D this time, doesn't mean they can't happen to our Cs next time.

This reminds me of when I was like 8 and I came to visit my aunt and uncle. My uncle really wanted me to sit in the front seat of his car. However, I was a bit of a coward, plus I knew I wasn't supposed to. So his argument was "My car recently got hit in the back, imagine if someone were sitting there". And what if his car were hit in the front?
Top 6= # 6 D-man that's played decently all season

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  #589
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong. but we won both of those series correct?

wouldn't that mean that.....we COULD SCORE more than the other team?

I may not be as smart as many of the other armchair GMs out there, but I was under the impression that, at the end of the day, the goal of the game was to score more goals than the other team you're playing against.

I mean, please, correct me if i'm wrong here. I mean, a team like Pittsburgh lost to an "inferior" team last year despite scoring seemingly 5 or 6 goals a game. I'm sure they are thrilled with their offensive prowess, i mean, who cares if you win or not.
C'mon inferno don't be so naive. By the same token they got knocked out by the devils because they had trouble scoring timely goals and scoring goals at all, and they had no depth on the bottom lines; at least not the depth that can chip in a little offense. Torts' system is too defensive. It is too safe. This constant dump and chase is boring and uneventful. They turn the puck over every time they do that. And what's worse is if you're really watching, they dump it in get beat to the puck, the puck slides up the boards and our defenseman start pinching but they are a step too late therefore odd man rushes keep happening.

RGY is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:07 PM
  #590
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong. but we won both of those series correct?

wouldn't that mean that.....we COULD SCORE more than the other team?

I may not be as smart as many of the other armchair GMs out there, but I was under the impression that, at the end of the day, the goal of the game was to score more goals than the other team you're playing against.

I mean, please, correct me if i'm wrong here. I mean, a team like Pittsburgh lost to an "inferior" team last year despite scoring seemingly 5 or 6 goals a game. I'm sure they are thrilled with their offensive prowess, i mean, who cares if you win or not.
Yep we won with Hank standing on his head over and over and over... what happened when we played NJ where Hank couldnt save our ***** all the time? Not only did we lose, but they pretty much dominated us

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
  #591
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
C'mon inferno don't be so naive. By the same token they got knocked out by the devils because they had trouble scoring timely goals and scoring goals at all, and they had no depth on the bottom lines; at least not the depth that can chip in a little offense. Torts' system is too defensive. It is too safe. This constant dump and chase is boring and uneventful. They turn the puck over every time they do that. And what's worse is if you're really watching, they dump it in get beat to the puck, the puck slides up the boards and our defenseman start pinching but they are a step too late therefore odd man rushes keep happening.
Besides. We didn't get anywhere near where we needed to go. We would never have won the cup that way. We got rewarded the Sens because of a great regular season. Then however we got lucky getting the Caps and the Devils. Couldn't even beat the Devils, they made us look silly. Because we had eek by wins against 2 pretty mediocre teams we were tired against a team that was the weakest cup finalist since the 06 Oilers. We got lucky last year and still couldn't capitalize. Still looked bad winning 2 series. Arguably outplayed in both.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
  #592
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you want to trade for 7th and 8th D-man? How many teams are 8 deep at defense?

Tell me, since you're so against trading D-man for a center. Where's the depth at center? At least when everyone is healthy we have a good top 5 and a top 6 that's played decently all season. When everyone's healthy at center, we have no #3 center! We have less depth at center. Hate to break it to you, but just because injuries happened to the D this time, doesn't mean they can't happen to our Cs next time.

This reminds me of when I was like 8 and I came to visit my aunt and uncle. My uncle really wanted me to sit in the front seat of his car. However, I was a bit of a coward, plus I knew I wasn't supposed to. So his argument was "My car recently got hit in the back, imagine if someone were sitting there". And what if his car were hit in the front?
Gilroy is barely serviceable, I don't trust him and neither does Torts.

Why do you insist on trading DZ to fill the #3C need? That's robbing from Peter to pay Paul.
Boyle is a serviceable 3C. He needs to be upgraded, but why the urgency. Miller will replace him next season, if not later this season.
Every team has holes. If that's the only hole this team has, it will survive.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
  #593
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Besides. We didn't get anywhere near where we needed to go. We would never have won the cup that way. We got rewarded the Sens because of a great regular season. Then however we got lucky getting the Caps and the Devils. Couldn't even beat the Devils, they made us look silly. Because we had eek by wins against 2 pretty mediocre teams we were tired against a team that was the weakest cup finalist since the 06 Oilers. We got lucky last year and still couldn't capitalize. Still looked bad winning 2 series. Arguably outplayed in both.
People think we accomplished so much last year and to a very high degree we did; finishing 1st in the conference, getting to the ECF, etc. But when you look at it, we didn't have to play against Boston or Pittsburgh, two teams that I think would've given us fits. Thank god we played against opposing offenses that were just that, mediocre.

RGY is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
  #594
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Gilroy is barely serviceable, I don't trust him and neither does Torts.

Why do you insist on trading DZ to fill the #3C need? That's robbing from Peter to pay Paul.
Boyle is a serviceable 3C. He needs to be upgraded, but why the urgency. Miller will replace him next season, if not later this season.
Every team has holes. If that's the only hole this team has, it will survive.
Because #3 center is more important than #6 D-man. You can hide a #6 D-man (and Gilroy is not Stu Bickel where he has to play 3 minutes a night), you can't hide your # center. Plus our top 5 is playing better than Richards. So now we only have 1 center playing decently.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:26 PM
  #595
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,764
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Gilroy is barely serviceable, I don't trust him and neither does Torts.

Why do you insist on trading DZ to fill the #3C need? That's robbing from Peter to pay Paul.
Boyle is a serviceable 3C. He needs to be upgraded, but why the urgency. Miller will replace him next season, if not later this season.
Every team has holes. If that's the only hole this team has, it will survive.
Gilroy has been pretty serviceable this season, coming from a LONG time hater of the guy. His minutes just need to be low, not super low, but around 10 minutes, and he'll put up a steady hockey game.

I believe tonight or last night was the first time he was on the ice for a GA this season. I mean, there could be an upgrade out there for the #6 spot, but we're fine there with Gilroy.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:28 PM
  #596
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because #3 center is more important than #6 D-man. You can hide a #6 D-man (and Gilroy is not Stu Bickel where he has to play 3 minutes a night), you can't hide your # center. Plus our top 5 is playing better than Richards. So now we only have 1 center playing decently.
And now we will be lucky to even have a top 4...

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:28 PM
  #597
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because #3 center is more important than #6 D-man. You can hide a #6 D-man (and Gilroy is not Stu Bickel where he has to play 3 minutes a night), you can't hide your # center. Plus our top 5 is playing better than Richards. So now we only have 1 center playing decently.
# center= #3 center

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:29 PM
  #598
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because #3 center is more important than #6 D-man. You can hide a #6 D-man (and Gilroy is not Stu Bickel where he has to play 3 minutes a night), you can't hide your # center. Plus our top 5 is playing better than Richards. So now we only have 1 center playing decently.
Nice pivot. Your point WAS a #3C was more important than DZ.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:31 PM
  #599
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
And now we will be lucky to even have a top 4...
I worry about the 3rd line more than the bottom defensive pair. I don't want to give up DZ either, look at my first posts. However, the more I watch Boyle, Miller, and Richards, the more I see that center is a bigger weakness than D. Organizationally too. We need to buyout Richards. What will we do then?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #600
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I worry about the 3rd line more than the bottom defensive pair. I don't want to give up DZ either, look at my first posts. However, the more I watch Boyle, Miller, and Richards, the more I see that center is a bigger weakness than D. Organizationally too. We need to buyout Richards. What will we do then?
Getzlaf lol.. our top 4 might soon be. Staal stralman del zotto gilroy.. lol

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.