HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 4: Tambo: Here's my number, call me maybe?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 08:27 PM
  #426
Ringo13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
If we want a top 2 dman, one of the stars has to go the other way.
Eberle+Petry
For
Yandle+Hanzal

Phoenix would likely say no as would many posters here.

Next trade:
Gagner
For
Clowe (if he would re-sign)

Lines:
RNH, Hall, Clowe
Hanzal, Hemsky, Yakupov
Horcoff, Jones, Paajarvi
Belanger, Eager, Haartikanen
Smyth

Yandle, Whitney
Schultz, Schultz
Smid, Fistric
Potter

Ringo13 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:28 PM
  #427
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
It all depends on the situation. The problem with drafting a d-man is d-men take forever to develop. Even the best of them like Pietrangelo can take a few years.

There are times when a guy makes it to UFA status (Suter, Chara, Niedermayer, Ehrhoff to a lesser extent) or they are available via trade (Campbell, Pronger twice, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester)

Basically you have to pick your battles. I don't see anyone available at the moment and unfortunately there are no good UFA's available in 2013 that I would qualify as a solid top 4 D. The draft may be an opportunity for an available body and we'll go from there.
That's true. I just can't imagine guys like Pie, Doughty, OEL or Hedman moving anytime soon. There will be other guys, like top pairing D men, but not true aces available.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:34 PM
  #428
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
If we want a top 2 dman, one of the stars has to go the other way.
Eberle+Petry
For
Yandle+Hanzal

Phoenix would likely say no as would many posters here.

Next trade:
Gagner
For
Clowe (if he would re-sign)

Lines:
RNH, Hall, Clowe
Hanzal, Hemsky, Yakupov
Horcoff, Jones, Paajarvi
Belanger, Eager, Haartikanen
Smyth

Yandle, Whitney
Schultz, Schultz
Smid, Fistric
Potter
I say no to the Coyote proposal.

I also say no to the Sharks one. I'd rather take the risk and let Clowe hit UFA status without giving up Gagner.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:36 PM
  #429
Ringo13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I say no to the Coyote proposal.

I also say no to the Sharks one. I'd rather take the risk and let Clowe hit UFA status without giving up Gagner.
Yeah, Phoenix players scare me. You never know how much of their success is systems related.

Ringo13 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:36 PM
  #430
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Can St.Louis afford to give Pie $7-8.5 million per year?

Can PHX afford to pay OEL $6.5-8 million per year?
You're right that OEL will command a big contract (though they might be able to get him on a Subban/MDZ short term deal where he makes a little less). And Phoenix being a budget team will probably mean that big money to OEL could cause problems. But if you're the Coyotes, you keep the great young player and cut costs elsewhere. I think the best we could hope for is for a guy like Yandle to shake lose as a result of a big raise to OEL.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
  #431
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
What about acquiring Steve Ott? Buffalo is in a tail spin and may be looking to make major changes. Ott can play C or LW, league leader in hits, tough, 57% FO wins, and only has $2.95 M cap hit through 2013-14. No clue what he would cost.

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:41 PM
  #432
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Not sure if the Caps would do it, but I'd pitch this:

Gagner, 1st, Musil for Backstrom

I think the guy would be dynamite with Yak on his right side and Paajarvi on his left. With him and The Nuge we'd be set down the middle for the next 7 years.
So we have Hall, Eberle, Yak, J Schultz, and RNH at 6mil and then Backstrom at 6.7mil. How do we fill out the rest of the team.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 08:49 PM
  #433
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
What about acquiring Steve Ott? Buffalo is in a tail spin and may be looking to make major changes. Ott can play C or LW, league leader in hits, tough, 57% FO wins, and only has $2.95 M cap hit through 2013-14. No clue what he would cost.
I think Ott is one of the guys they wouldn't want to move this season, although maybe next year in a UFA year. If Buffalo makes changes, I expect a guy like Stafford to be available, and depending on the GM, maybe a guy like Miller or Vanek hits the block. Buffalo is hard to judge, because who do you move? The talent is there, but on paper they should be a ton better.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:30 PM
  #434
OILSLICK94
Registered User
 
OILSLICK94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
What about acquiring Steve Ott? Buffalo is in a tail spin and may be looking to make major changes. Ott can play C or LW, league leader in hits, tough, 57% FO wins, and only has $2.95 M cap hit through 2013-14. No clue what he would cost.
There team is in a tailspin and Ott is EXACTLY what this team needs. He would be our Kenny Linseman of the early 80s

Since they gave up Derrick Roy for him there probably gonna want a good return. Don't think Paajarvi plus a second rd 2013 pick would cut it.

OILSLICK94 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:04 PM
  #435
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
What about acquiring Steve Ott? Buffalo is in a tail spin and may be looking to make major changes. Ott can play C or LW, league leader in hits, tough, 57% FO wins, and only has $2.95 M cap hit through 2013-14. No clue what he would cost.
This is the most sensible trade right now.
Ott > Edm
Eager, Omark, & 6th

What say you?

Njoy Oilers is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
  #436
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I think Ott is one of the guys they wouldn't want to move this season, although maybe next year in a UFA year. If Buffalo makes changes, I expect a guy like Stafford to be available, and depending on the GM, maybe a guy like Miller or Vanek hits the block. Buffalo is hard to judge, because who do you move? The talent is there, but on paper they should be a ton better.

This. Kid needs a change of scenery badly.

I think he'd thrive in EDM, and I feel the asking price from BUF would be low. Maybe an MPS or Harski.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
  #437
oil country 83
Registered User
 
oil country 83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
This team does not need to start trading the stars that we have waited so long to accumulate any talk of trading the big 5 is ridiculous.

That leaves players like gagner,hemsky,Whitney, mps, harti,khabi and prospects to move.

Deal # 1
- to NYI
- Mps & Whitney or pitlick/Hamilton
-to Edmonton
- El Niño & 3rd

Mps and El Niño are close in draft status both are un proven and maybe need a a change of location, both have put up similar numbers in tha ahl there is room here for a deal and if both teams are out of the playoffs it might move both teams in the direction they need.

Deal # 2

- To Montreal
-Belanger & Peckham
- To Edmonton
-Ryan white

Montreal gets a veteran centre to help and some grit on defence while Edmonton gets a western kid who can plays centre with an edge.

Deal # 3

- To Toronto
-Khabi & prospect

- To Edmonton
- Brad Ross
Toronto gets a veteran goalie for playoff push, edm gets a prospect who scored in junior and brings an edge to the team.

I would look at moving hemsky also for the right defenceman ie: alzner or Schultz in Washington, Myers , boychuk +etc. I know we may have to add or subtract here or there but any of the players above would add some sandpaper our line up

Fire away.

oil country 83 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  #438
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
This team does not need to start trading the stars that we have waited so long to accumulate any talk of trading the big 5 is ridiculous.

That leaves players like gagner,hemsky,Whitney, mps, harti,khabi and prospects to move.

Deal # 1
- to NYI
- Mps & Whitney or pitlick/Hamilton
-to Edmonton
- El Niño & 3rd

Mps and El Niño are close in draft status both are un proven and maybe need a a change of location, both have put up similar numbers in tha ahl there is room here for a deal and if both teams are out of the playoffs it might move both teams in the direction they need.

Deal # 2

- To Montreal
-Belanger & Peckham
- To Edmonton
-Ryan white

Montreal gets a veteran centre to help and some grit on defence while Edmonton gets a western kid who can plays centre with an edge.

Deal # 3

- To Toronto
-Khabi & prospect

- To Edmonton
- Brad Ross
Toronto gets a veteran goalie for playoff push, edm gets a prospect who scored in junior and brings an edge to the team.

I would look at moving hemsky also for the right defenceman ie: alzner or Schultz in Washington, Myers , boychuk +etc. I know we may have to add or subtract here or there but any of the players above would add some sandpaper our line up

Fire away.
I believe if we move Paajarvi, it probably has to be in a package to get a better player, instead of a lateral move which I believe Nino is.

Peckham for White makes some sense, but we can't move Belanger in that deal. He's the only guy on this team that can win a faceoff and doesn't make sense for Habs to take him on in that scenario.

Leafs may look at Khabby, that's not that bad, I question whether or not they'd move Ross for a pending UFA though. Also I wouldn't just deal away a prospect to get another.

I also believe that Hemsky will be the ultimate player we will end up moving for a d-man, but Alzner is untouchable in Washington, Schultz is worth way less than Hemsky, Myers isn't moving in Buffalo and Boston just extended Boychuk so I don't see them wanting to move him.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:24 PM
  #439
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
This team does not need to start trading the stars that we have waited so long to accumulate any talk of trading the big 5 is ridiculous.

That leaves players like gagner,hemsky,Whitney, mps, harti,khabi and prospects to move.

Deal # 1
- to NYI
- Mps & Whitney or pitlick/Hamilton
-to Edmonton
- El Niño & 3rd

Mps and El Niño are close in draft status both are un proven and maybe need a a change of location, both have put up similar numbers in tha ahl there is room here for a deal and if both teams are out of the playoffs it might move both teams in the direction they need.
I've always felt an MPS for Nino deal has been intriguing and very reasonable. Just like the Lupul-for-Pitkanen one we were talking about here for months before Lowe pulled the trigger. I can see this happening soon IMO. We're going to have to add though.

Quote:
Deal # 2

- To Montreal
-Belanger & Peckham
- To Edmonton
-Ryan white

Montreal gets a veteran centre to help and some grit on defence while Edmonton gets a western kid who can plays centre with an edge.
Interesting, but we need a face-off guy like Belanger. We're already grooming a bottom-6 C in Lander. No need for us to overpay here.

Quote:
Deal # 3

- To Toronto
-Khabi & prospect

- To Edmonton
- Brad Ross
Toronto gets a veteran goalie for playoff push, edm gets a prospect who scored in junior and brings an edge to the team.
Khabi's going to have to be lights-out from hereon-in for TML to take this risk.

Quote:
I would look at moving hemsky also for the right defenceman ie: alzner or Schultz in Washington, Myers , boychuk +etc. I know we may have to add or subtract here or there but any of the players above would add some sandpaper our line up
You're not going to get Alzner, and Schultz honestly sucks. Myers will be intriguing, we'll have to add. Boychuk's not getting moved, nor does BOS want Hemsky. They have a system he just won't fit into.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:29 PM
  #440
oil country 83
Registered User
 
oil country 83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Mps for niño is a gamble but one I am willing to take.

I just think Montreal is moving forward and white doesn't seem to fit, Belanger gives them a veteran centre at a decent price and Edmonton needs whites grit.

I get that Ross is a prospect but he's the kind of prospect we don't have in our system.

As far as hammer goes I was just throwing names around I do believe he is our best card to land an NHL d man.

oil country 83 is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
  #441
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 500
With Girardi and McDonagh getting injured tonight, the time is now get Whitney for Boyle done.

Soli is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM
  #442
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,124
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
With Girardi and McDonagh getting injured tonight, the time is now get Whitney for Boyle done.
Like IR injured?

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
  #443
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
Right now, Dallas, New York, Ottawa and others need defencemen.

Tambellini should be able to trade one of our extra D this week. Someone has to want Whitney/Potter.

Valic is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
  #444
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
With Girardi and McDonagh getting injured tonight, the time is now get Whitney for Boyle done.
That would be fantastic.

I would be just fine running Nuge - Gagner - Boyle for the future.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
  #445
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,124
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Right now, Dallas, New York, Ottawa and others need defencemen.

Tambellini should be able to trade one of our extra D this week. Someone has to want Whitney/Potter.
Lol, if Potter is traded, he'll be put on waivers(does he have to go through waivers?) right away to be put down.

edit: would be depth AHL move


AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
  #446
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Lol, if Potter is traded, he'll be put on waivers(does he have to go through waivers?) right away to be put down.

edit: would be depth AHL move

Would anyone move Whitney for MAB? Don't know if Tampa would go for it but I think he'd look alright with Fistric. Also gives us a nice point shot which were lacking.

raab is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #447
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,078
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Would anyone move Whitney for MAB? Don't know if Tampa would go for it but I think he'd look alright with Fistric. Also gives us a nice point shot which were lacking.
Isn't MAB a Free Agent?

And no, he's not an upgrade on Whitney IMO.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
  #448
raab
Where's the Hart?
 
raab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Isn't MAB a Free Agent?

And no, he's not an upgrade on Whitney IMO.
He's not an overall upgrade no, but he's a PP specialist and if we keep him sheltered then I think the team will be better overall. He's making 1M this year and is a UFA this summer. We need more offensive guys on defence and Whitney isn't Whitney of 2-3 years ago. Also it doesn't have to be Whitney, maybe Tampa would take potter and save a couple 100K.

raab is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  #449
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Trading any of our young players for grit and size is very risky , look what Columbus did Voracek and Couturier for Carter . Look what Voracek is doing this season. Same thing with Gagner these players are starting to mature.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 11:30 PM
  #450
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Trading any of our young players for grit and size is very risky , look what Columbus did Voracek and Couturier for Carter . Look what Voracek is doing this season. Same thing with Gagner these players are starting to mature.
They did the opposite of what you're supposed to. They traded players at their low value (Voracek) for a player that was unecessarily at his highest value (Carter).

Carter was already actually on a downhill progression. That trade was overpayment big time for CBJ just based on his reputation.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.