HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Gooned it up in Win vs Rangers 3-0

Old
02-23-2013, 10:53 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
And quite a few Rangers fans were on the main board calling the Prust signing a joke of a contract.

They probably have a different sense of humour if they think the Prust signing was a joke..
We better not trade Beaulieu, Gallagher, Ellis for Richards, Pyatt, Missiaen.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Gorges played the least minutes tonight of all the Habs dmen with 17:56 minutes of ice time. Subban with the 2nd most with 21:40 only behind Markov's 23:27.
I'll say this for Therrien, he does a much better job than Martin did of adjusting his lines and player management after a loss.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Meh, McDonagh wants to live by the sword then he'll have to die by it. Hope he's not seriously hurt but I don't think Pacioretty deserves a suspension. 2 minute boarding call, nothing more.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsman View Post
You're right, had the moderator delete my post that was not inflammatory at all!!

Just pointing out the play/facts!!
Sometimes in an explosive atmosphere a small spark can be like a grenade.

We have the best Mods, but overall they're all pretty savvy.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:00 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I am very, very happy to have Price in my pool! Having Galchenyuk does not hurt either of course.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Meh, McDonagh wants to live by the sword then he'll have to die by it. Hope he's not seriously hurt but I don't think Pacioretty deserves a suspension. 2 minute boarding call, nothing more.
Totally agree. He boarded Patches and elbowed Prust with no calls from the ref and looked to be running around. Given the way the Habs have been playing with this new sense of physicality you just knew McD was gonna get hit hard by somebody on the Habs. Should have been a 4th liner but I guess Patches didn't give the, enough time as he blew him up the next shift.

As for the suspension talk, McD saw him coming and turned his back on him last second. If you're gonna do that, you deserve the hit. **** him and **** the Rangers. Hope he's not hurt though. Torts can suck a dick.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Habsman

Quote:
You're right! If that was Pacioretty or Prust hurt on mcDo's checks, we would be very unhappy. But not looking for suspensions. So.....

Habsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Maelpj*

no love for Gallagher tonight? The kid have a great game, still explosive, still hungry and still get hammered by a cheap shot. If he could only be a little taller.. I live how he always smile during interview, great hockey spirit.

Never been that excited about the futur.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:09 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
want to now why the White line was on the PP at the end on the 5 vs 3. Respect for the other team?

I would of thrown the Eller or the DD line, just to score another goal and punish the new york country club and his cowgirl tortorella even more.
We were, but then Girardi got pwned and well, it would have been really ******* to lay it into them after that.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I'll say this for Therrien, he does a much better job than Martin did of adjusting his lines and player management after a loss.
I could have done better than JM. He is a horrible coach.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsman View Post
You're right! If that was Pacioretty or Prust hurt on mcDo's checks, we would be very unhappy. But not looking for suspensions. So.....
I'm fairly certain a significant portion of people on this board would be looking for a suspension if Patches or Prust got injured.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd take this over last years one "great" line any day.
Center depth is more important than having one elite line. I'm sure Pominville-Hodgson-Vanek is going to win the Cup this year.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
690 was just trashing him for that, saying the Rangers have taken on the personality of their coach - refusing to take the blame, trying to make excuses.

They compared the Rangers post game comments to Giroux after the Flyers game, who took full responsiblility - and then responded by trashing the Islanders in the next game.
Torts...IS a good coach. But he is at the end of his tenure. When coaches know they are about to fired they will find any excuse in the book about why they lost. This is where Torts is at the moment.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Habsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Sometimes in an explosive atmosphere a small spark can be like a grenade.

We have the best Mods, but overall they're all pretty savvy.
True enough. Our mods are good, they had no problems with it, but the NYR ones did. Surprise surprise!! The NYR mods did not delete all the responses/comments to the Tort's comments from the 1st of the week, etc. Oh, well no harm no foul.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
I'm fairly certain a significant portion of people on this board would be looking for a suspension if Patches or Prust got injured.

I'm not one of them. I've given up on anyone being suspended for cheap shoting anyone on our team!

Old
Pax Macioretty

Just returned from the game. My thoughts...

The Work-Horses:

- LARS ELLER!!!: Mother of hell I was exausted watching him skate. Therrien has completely rebuilt him and turned him into a gamer. He's a beast at both sides of the ice and competes like nobody else. He also has this new mean streak going, he takes **** from nobody and finishes his checks. He and Galchenyuk have awesome chemistry, there's no specific center or winger, whoever is opened takes the lane, that's all.

-Francis Bouillon: Not afraid of anything and better than ever with the puck.

-Brandan Gallagher: enough said..

-Brandon Prust: Man is he ever versatile on the ice. Screw what anybody on HF says, Prust was a must and he is delivering big time. His`forecheck and play along the boards is examplory work ethic. Moen-White-Prust will be a sick 4th line.

What a talent!:

-Alex Galchenyuk: Wowsa. his creativity and hockey IQ is off the charts!! He's a steal and a star in the making. What he's able to pull off at 18 years old at this level is insane. We've been wanting a franchise forward for decades, we have him now.

-PK Subban: That kid has special athletic abilities, that's for sure. When he starts stepping into 2nd gear, nobody can catch him, to be able to do it while dangling from left to right is even more impressive.What a shot he posesses, his slapper can kill people, my guess is Girardi is out for a while, ouch.

Give him less responsabilities:

-Brian Gionta: I know he's the captain and leader, but his work often leads to nothing. He really doesn't have the talent to play on the power -play anymore either, we have better options now, period.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

So we gave them Mcdonagh only to destroy him years later. Sadistic.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
SB164

I know Brad Richards was crappy tonight, but I didn't expect this

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Habsman

Quote:
Yah, I suppose for some (Schenn on gallagher comes to mind). Tough for some to separate emotion and rationale, etc.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Just returned from the game. My thoughts...

The Work-Horses:

- LARS ELLER!!!: Mother of hell I was exausted watching him skate. Therrien has completely rebuilt him and turned him into a gamer. He's a beast at both sides of the ice and competes like nobody else. He also has this new mean streak going, he takes **** from nobody and finishes his checks. He and Galchenyuk have awesome chemistry, there's no specific center or winger, whoever is opened takes the lane, that's all.

-Francis Bouillon: Not afraid of anything and better than ever with the puck.

-Brandan Gallagher: enough said..

-Brandon Prust: Man is he ever versatile on the ice. Screw what anybody on HF says, Prust was a must and he is delivering big time. His`forecheck and play along the boards is examplory work ethic. Moen-White-Prust will be a sick 4th line.

What a talent!:

-Alex Galchenyuk: Wowsa. his creativity and hockey IQ is off the charts!! He's a steal and a star in the making. What he's able to pull off at 18 years old at this level is insane. We've been wanting a franchise forward for decades, we have him now.

-PK Subban: That kid has special athletic abilities, that's for sure. When he starts stepping into 2nd gear, nobody can catch him, to be able to do it while dangling from left to right is even more impressive.What a shot he posesses, his slapper can kill people, my guess is Girardi is out for a while, ouch.

Give him less responsabilities:

-Brian Gionta: I know he's the captain and leader, but his work often leads to nothing. He really doesn't have the talent to play on the power -play anymore either, we have better options now, period.

Thanks. Good analysis.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Hope Ryan is alright. Looked like he saw max come in before the hit and then max delivered. Max could've let up though. It's unfortunate, whatever happens, really hope no concussion. I don't want the habs to be the reason for any injuries, we're not that type of team.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
want to now why the White line was on the PP at the end on the 5 vs 3. Respect for the other team?

I would of thrown the Eller or the DD line, just to score another goal and punish the new york country club and his cowgirl tortorella even more.
Just rewarding them for playing a great game. That was a good move by MT, I must say.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:31 PM
SB164

Quote:
While everybody's talking about Pacioretty and McDonagh, I hope the league looks at Stu Bickel's crosscheck to the face on Gallagher. That in my opinion was a lot more vicious considering the time on the clock and the score.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Andy

Therrien has rebuilt Lars Eller? Really? Not much has changed since last year in his game other than he gained significant muscle mass over the summer. Was Therrien also the reason Lars did well Internationally during the lockout?

Eller has always been a good forechecker, puck carrier and has always shown flashes of good skill. The biggest difference in his game has nothing to do with him but the fact that he's playing with quality wingers/linemates.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:49 PM
pcamp

Maybe Torts should learn a bit from therriens no excuses mentality

pcamp is online now   Reply With Quote