Roman Cervenka

Old
02-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Smallz

vCash: 500
Roman Cervenka

Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace

I was just curious about your Czech rookie Roman Cervenka

I saw that he is scratched tonight against the Wild but in general how has he looked this season?

Do you guys still see him as apart of your top 6 forward group moving forward?

Thanks
He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:20 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
He has looked pretty good. I never had him pegged as a top 6 forward and he has me thinking he can be.

I think he is out tonight because of the puck to the throat he took last time out.
Also Hartley said he feels that because of missing 2 months he doesn't have nhl conditioning and with Sven coming back giving him a break wasn't a bad idea.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Noori

He looks pretty slow out there. Not sure if that's conditioning-related but I don't see him being effective at center.

I think he'll be okay as a winger though.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:17 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Fantastic hands and good vision. Needs to improve his skating though. Could be a good top 6 forward if he keeps at it though, I think he has the skill.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Volica

Still adapting to the North American game. The dude's got skill up the wazoo.
Easy a top 6 forward.

He seems a bit slow at times, and really looks like he wants the game to develop around him a lot. Has good chemistry with Hudler (who possibly has been the best Flame this year) but can improve on both ends of the ice.

You can tell the talent in him is sick though, he's got great hands and great vision. This season will be meh most likely; however, if Calgary resigns him; he'll probably be good for 40-60 points in an 82 when he's playing properly.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Needs to work on getting used to the ice, and working on his speed. He also should learn English, but those are really the only knocks I have on him. Once he can communicate with the team, and skate faster he will be a much bigger threat. He has amazing skill though, so I can see him getting 50-65 points in a regular season.
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I'm pretty sure he's working with an English language instructor. And he probably speaks enough English to communicate here and there. His English is probably better than Malkin or Ovechkin when they first came into the league. Datsyuk has always had poor English but that hasn't hampered him.
I thought I heard he hadn't found an instructor, but that was a bit ago. Either way, he will only get better with time. I'm really liking him and hudler.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
I would trade my English for Datsyuks salary in a heartbeat... So are we going to resign him? Or does it depend on how he does this season?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 PM
tfong

Quote:
Datsyuk's interviews are always a blast, he knows how to joke around in English

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:23 PM
cdnhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
I could see him being a 50-60 point guy but not with the Flames. Flames tend to turn guys with this kind of vision and talent into 30 point guys.

cdnhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
With only 2:57 of ice time tonight, 1 assist isn't bad. Quite efficient, in fact.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote