HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Chris Kunitz

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Mike Tyson*

vCash: 500
Chris Kunitz

I've been watching hockey for over a month now, and it got me thinking why hasn't anyone talked about chris kunitz. To me he has to be a top 15 player in the nhl today. I guess my question is, why is he so underrated by the hfboard community?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
He was absolutely atrocious to start the season, but he's been pretty damn good since then...but he's still purely a complimentary player.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson View Post
I've been watching hockey for over a month now, and it got me thinking why hasn't anyone talked about chris kunitz. To me he has to be a top 15 player in the nhl today. I guess my question is, why is he so underrated by the hfboard community?
Top 15 player in the NHL? Not even close.

He's a good third wheel/complimentary player in a team's top six, who adds a physical dimension to the line and can chip in with around 20 or so goals, 55 or so points as well. Ideally though, he shouldn't be the "best" winger on the line.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:

Old
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
I'm assuming your definition of the nhl is the Penguins team? If so your definitely right.

Crosby puts up 37 in 22 with mostly matt cooke and tyler kennedy last season. Anyone can look good playing with him or the league's reigning mvp.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Dangles78

I am so glad man invented beer.

I also hate man for creating the internet.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Mike Tyson*

I said "today" bro, he has the numbers to back it up. My friends and I were talking about it, and I just don't believe that an average player can produce like kunitz is this season, even considering that he's playing on a team with the best player in the league.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

He has the numbers because he's playing with Sid.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Mike Tyson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
He has the numbers because he's playing with Sid.
So you're telling me that anybody that plays with Crosby could be a ppg or higher player? I don't buy it, give me some examples.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
I said "today" bro, he has the numbers to back it up. My friends and I were talking about it, and I just don't believe that an average player can produce like kunitz is this season, even considering that he's playing on a team with the best player in the league.

Do the names Andy Hilbert or Michael Nylander mean anything to you? Lets not make a fool of yourself now okay?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
I am so glad man invented beer.

I also hate man for creating the internet.
Pulling a good ol' Penguins HFBoards move here and quoting myself in this thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Mike Tyson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post

Do the names Andy Hilbert or Michael Nylander mean anything to you? Lets not make a fool of yourself now okay?
Dude, Hilbert sucks, his highest goal total in the nhl was 11 and point was 28 i believe, and what does Nylander have anything to do kunitz or crosby? Kunitz has already proven that he is capable of scoring 30 goals and 60 points without crosby, when he was on the ducks (i researched it). After watching him play for over a month now, I don't see why he's not top 15 this year.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
So you're telling me that anybody that plays with Crosby could be a ppg or higher player? I don't buy it, give me some examples.
Theres really no point in taking account of how many points players have so far. Kuitz being a ppg player is just a case of scoring points early while the rest of the nhl is trying to get used to playing again. Loo at vanek, he had 20 points in like 10 games but hasnt produced much in the last 5 games because everybody else is back to speed. Another example, moulson has more points than datsuyk,neal, E staal, giroux, thornton, kovalchuck, etc. By no means is he even close to any of these players, it just that he was a bit more up to speed than everybody else. Wit till middle of march and everything should go back to normal.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
AEKaki

I think our buddy forgot a 0 in his post.
Kunitz is definitely in the top 150 players in the NHL.
He is not in the top 40, that's for sure.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Dude, Hilbert sucks, his highest goal total in the nhl was 11 and point was 28 i believe, and what does Nylander have anything to do kunitz or crosby? Kunitz has already proven that he is capable of scoring 30 goals and 60 points without crosby, when he was on the ducks (i researched it). After watching him play for over a month now, I don't see why he's not top 15 this year.
Lol okay you got me the jokes over...

Oh and since your reasearching stats, could you tell me how well Andy Hilbert did while playing his 18 career games with Crosby in Pittsburgh?

Nylander? Just another example of a terrible hockey player putting up stats while playing with an all time great (Jagr)

Old
02-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
I doubt Kunitz finishes the year at a point per game.

Anyway, even though it's true that simply playing with Crosby doesn't automatically guarantee a winger to score at a point a game clip, it does help their totals. Kunitz has some talent, which allows him to benefit from Sid more than, say, Dupuis, who is less talented than Kunitz.

At the end of the day, though, if you want to be ranked "Top 15", you better be able to produce those kind of numbers even if you're not on Crosby/Malkin's line. And Kunitz wouldn't sniff a point per game if he didn't have Crosby or Malkin centering him.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Mike Tyson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Lol okay you got me the jokes over...

Oh and since your reasearching stats, could you tell me how well Andy Hilbert did while playing his 18 career games with Crosby in Pittsburgh?

Nylander? Just another example of a terrible hockey player putting up stats while playing with an all time great (Jagr)
Okay dude, I just did a quick research and he played 19 games not 18 and he put up 18 points, and that's it 19 games. It was a fluke season, because hilbert is not a proven player like Kunitz.

Dude, are you trying to tell me that you don't believe in Kunitz nor do you believe that he's a top 15 player standing today?

Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

This thread is going nowhere.

Closed Thread