Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 12:04 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
This team resembles anaheim last year. They seemed like they didn't want to play for Carlyle. This team doesn't look like it wants to play for Yeo.
This team doesn't look like they want to play with anyone

Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I'm around 50/50 if he gets another year.

Sick of seeing this team not gain seperation from the Edmontons and Calgarys of the NHL.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:11 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I rather get rid of Yeo at the end of the season if anything. Let's see what happens to the rest of the season and if we bottom out, we bottom out. We can then buy out Heatley, trade Setoguchi (at the trade deadline), trade Koivu, see if we can't get anything for Stoner. And then rebuild from there.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:20 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
I rather get rid of Yeo at the end of the season if anything. Let's see what happens to the rest of the season and if we bottom out, we bottom out. We can then buy out Heatley, trade Setoguchi (at the trade deadline), trade Koivu, see if we can't get anything for Stoner. And then rebuild from there.
I seriously doubt a team that just used 150 million for two prime aged players is going to rebuild anytime soon

Old
02-24-2013, 01:22 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
I seriously doubt a team that just used 150 million for two prime aged players is going to rebuild anytime soon
Use those as a basis. Free up some cap space, add in more players. Go full Florida.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If we start a complete rebuild now then by the time this team youngsters are hitting their prime ready for a cup run, guys like Parise, Koivu, and Suter will be much older and much less effective. No, are time is between now and the next 2-3 years.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I look forward to this thread every time we lose a game.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I look forward to this thread every time we lose a game.
Sad but true.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:06 AM
nuxhead

I have a buddy who is Greg Zanon's cousin and Greg told him that Mike Yeo is not well liked at all. Greg also said that Trotz was the best coach he ever had. Go figure. Minny needs a coach like Trotz who can pretty much take any roster to the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:09 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

We're not doing a rebuild. Come on... Let's at least talk about somethat that at least makes some sense.

Is there any poster out there that really does actaully know a lot about hockey, and that might be able to explain a bit, just why we consistently have some of the same problems?

So our guys show up and skate for 10 minutes in the game, with a few other decent shifts. When we do that, they can look pretty good actually. I don't understand why this is not more constant at the very least.

The only thing I can think of is that the coaches really have lost the guys.

I've been on teams that have had that happen, and I still don't understand how or why it happens half the time, they might even be a decent coach, but once it happens, forget it.

To me this just seems like Yeo is not in control, and that he might be in over his head. He's not very good at adapting to what's going on, and he doesn't seem to have a good idea of how to use the different tools he has.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 83
I have bought my ticket to get on the Fire Yeo bandwagon. I'll probably be using it and hopping on the bandwagon full force after our next game failure.

Quote:
Quote:
Use those as a basis. Free up some cap space, add in more players. Go full Florida.
Okay, great, we spend almost 200 million bucks to get the two biggest free agents from last years class, and you want us to REBUILD? BRILLIANT IDEA!

So we start to rebuild, and then we we get back up to speed, Koivu, Parise, Suter, and all of them are in their geriatric "grizzled veteran" years and we have wasted their primes entirely. Screw that.

We are already deep into a rebuild. In fact we should be nearing the top of the constructed tower and thinking about the capstone.

We don't need a rebuild. It's almost completely built already. What we need is the damned foreman to get his ass in gear, or to get a new foreman entirely.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
We're not doing a rebuild. Come on... Let's at least talk about somethat that at least makes some sense.

Is there any poster out there that really does actaully know a lot about hockey, and that might be able to explain a bit, just why we consistently have some of the same problems?

So our guys show up and skate for 10 minutes in the game, with a few other decent shifts. When we do that, they can look pretty good actually. I don't understand why this is not more constant at the very least.

The only thing I can think of is that the coaches really have lost the guys.

I've been on teams that have had that happen, and I still don't understand how or why it happens half the time, they might even be a decent coach, but once it happens, forget it.

To me this just seems like Yeo is not in control, and that he might be in over his head. He's not very good at adapting to what's going on, and he doesn't seem to have a good idea of how to use the different tools he has.
Yes, and the problem is obvious. It's Greenlay and Marney.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:22 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post

We don't need a rebuild. It's almost completely built already. What we need is the damned foreman to get his ass in gear, or to get a new foreman entirely.
We already did that. It didn't go too well.

Sorry not rebuild. Just retool.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:24 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

It makes me sad to think back on the Lemaire days, and just ponder what that man could have done with this roster...

I was never, ever a Richards fan. I would rather have been wrong about him, but whatever, it's over.

Yeo is striking me like a giant control freak who does not know how to adapt to situations he has not considered, or that don't play out as he expected them to.

I really did have hope for him, so it saddens me to think it might be best to throw him overboard at this point, but, it might be best to throw him overboard at this point.

This team has a decent roster. Not the best in the league, but good enough to hang with 75% of the teams. There are expectations, and they need to be realized to some degree. Laying an egg against the Flames like this....And they weren't even playing that well, man, that's just disgraceful...

These guys have had enough time now to at least look better than that...

Old
02-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

I haven't jumped on the fire Yeo bandwagon just yet but i am jogging along side getting ready to make the leap on board.

The more he identifies what he thinks the problem is in his pressers and the more the team continues to do the same things over and over the more i become convinced that Yeo doesn't have the confidence of the players that they will actually respond to him or his messaging is confusing the hell out of them. If Yeo is the problem i hope CF can see it sooner rather then later so it doesn't boil over into a locker room in chaos situation.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I wonder how much of what Fletch says about Yeo in terms of support is true? Didn't Fletcher just say recently that he has full confidence in Yeo or gives him his full support or something like that?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:38 AM
behemolari

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I wonder how much of what Fletch says about Yeo in terms of support is true? Didn't Fletcher just say recently that he has full confidence in Yeo or gives him his full support or something like that?
full powered kick to his bald ass, nothing but that is acceptable at this point

Old
02-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
In pro sports if the GM or owner has to publicly come out and say they have confidence in the coach what that really means is they have had to take the time to actually ponder whether they do indeed have confidence in the coach. It is often the kiss of death.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Ladde

He cant produce results with this team. Just fire his ass and get rid off Heatley.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

I kind of hope that GMCF has at least had a conversation with Ruff at this point. A little whisper of "Hey wait a week and see what happens, we might need you" or something to that effect.

I am trying so hard to not jump on the fire Yeo bandwagon but its not even jumping at this point. Jumping takes too much work compared to how easy it would be to get on that wagon at this point. No, getting on the Yeo bandwagon is as easy as jumping in a lake on a scalding hot summer day right now. Cool and refreshing....

Old
02-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Gaps

If we fire Yeo right now, we can just as well give up for this season. It always takes time for a new coach to get his system working. At least with Yeo there's a theoretical chance this could get better.

However, if the leading players on this team no longer respond to Yeo, then there are no other choices except to fire him. If there's no mutual confidence there, it's Yeo who goes. I don't know if this is what's happening, but if it is, then there's no other option.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
If we fire Yeo right now, we can just as well give up for this season. It always takes time for a new coach to get his system working. At least with Yeo there's a theoretical chance this could get better.

However, if the leading players on this team no longer respond to Yeo, then there are no other choices except to fire him. If there's no mutual confidence there, it's Yeo who goes. I don't know if this is what's happening, but if it is, then there's no other option.
From what I see, I think that is what is happening. Yeo is doing nothing to get through to them.

And it makes me physically ill to even write this, but at least Todd Richards bag-skated them at one point.

Ughhhh. I need to go lay down.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Sportserie

I cannot believe he was playing around with lines during the game last night. Some might not agree, but to me, that shows he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He just reminds me of someone who doesn't have a clue, so he throws a bunch of things on the wall in hopes some stuff sticks so it can appear he knows what he's doing.

Having said that, I don't know what I think as far as actually firing him. I just know he hasn't proved yet that he's a good coach.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
TheeNorthStar

Is Yeo really the guy who can lead us to a Cup? I sure dont think so.. just too inexperienced.

Bring in Lindy Ruff, Torterella (If he gets canned) or Dave Tippett (If he leaves PHX) .. just a Veteran Coach.

Just.. let him finish out the year.. Screw it. We're 7 games away from being half way done w/ the season. Let him finish the year. Although i am not a believer in Yeo. Just.. let it be. i believe if we miss the playoff, hes gone. If we squeak in... eh...

Old
02-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

My strikes against him:

Player management, especially Granlund. It was cute the first time, not for a month straight though. Also, going back with bad D pairings with the handedness crap. Started the game with Suter and Spurgeon again for some reason?

Terrible power play. It's a joke at this point. Same crap we've been seeing since the first week but with less luck.

Defensive zone collapsing, which has killed the breakouts.

Our record and offensive stats are not what they should be. When we win, it's because we scrape by with 1-2 goals. Haven't scored more than four goals all season and only scored four goals twice, haven't even done that in over a month.

Closed Thread